20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
IMG_6348 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldhockeyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#92 2 years ago

Being from DC area, my concern is the Caps growing too old,

but, turning to pinball, wouldn't a Gretzky or Ovechkin modern version of #Power Play be fantastic?

Can't get enough of Power Play and #Ice Fever....

#95 2 years ago

Apparently Fleury found out he got traded to Chicago via TSN's Twitter account. And didn't hear from the Vegas GM for hours after finding out publicly that he was traded.

Not a fan of George McPhee. Whenever something went wrong when he was with the Caps, and lots did when he was GM, it was never his fault. Not surprised about his classless failure to own up to Fleury about his being traded.

#104 2 years ago

meSz Helpful post. There were some communications, but this was a face-saving press pr blurb after they messed up on not making the final call to him. He is a big boy and has made plenty of money, but still having your star depart in this fashion is at least tacky. As I recall, VGK were not particularly smooth in the Gallant firing. As noted earlier, this has all the fingerprints of George McPhee's cavalier managing style.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My son is getting married tomorrow and I'm trying my best to keep it together. Can't wait for women's or mens little hockey skates. I will be the best hockey grandpa ever!

Congratulations!

My sons played college club hockey and now I get to get on the ice helping coach the grandkids. Nothing like it as long as they keep the game fun. I despise high pressure hockey parents. Its a game that can last a lifetime. I'm still playing senior hockey.

1 week later
#131 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I had a few drinks afterwards and scratched my back on a maple tree...didn't notice and back of my shirt had huge streaks of maple sap!!

Perfectly normal sappy behavior by a happy Dad at his son's wedding. Adds to the family lore. Congratulations.

3 weeks later
#139 2 years ago

We have Bobby Orr's Power Play, #Olympic Hockey, and#IceFever, is it too much to ask that we get a game for Wayne Gretzky (beyond rod hockey) and Alex Ovechkin?

4 weeks later
#184 2 years ago

Timballwizard with the Olympic Hockey (Williams '71) game he reconditioned and packed up for me.

20210925_145755 (resized).jpg20210925_145755 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#221 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Is he bringing truculence to the Pens?

Truculence is a fantastic word.

1 month later
#399 2 years ago

Third generation hockey player and pinball fanatic on the ice at Blackhawks@Caps game last night.

3rd Gen (resized).jpg3rd Gen (resized).jpg
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your boy/grandson?

Grandson.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Do you have more pics?

If any more pop up, I will post a couple.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

3 generations..awesome!! did you play yourself?

I still play hockey, pathetic at times, but sometimes I surprise myself. I have always done it for fun.

My sons play and now my grandsons play. We make it fun.

1 month later
#590 2 years ago

This is the no mercy arena of pinside.

1 week later
#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

What’s up with the Capitals?

They are trying to figure that out. Biggest problem is the power play. It has been inept this year, while in the past, it was their bread and butter. Integrating younger players worked earlier in the year. With some older players returning from injury, either they have lost it or it just takes time for them to jell. Defense has been an issue with Carlson out (injury) and Orlov (2 game suspension).

#707 2 years ago

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout is a great beer for a night of watching hockey, playing pinball, and, for those so inclined, smoking a quality cigar.

Great Winter Pastimes!

2 months later
#1026 2 years ago

Leafs crushing the Caps tonight. Massive defensive breakdowns.

2 months later
#2370 1 year ago

Colorado not only has the Stanley Cup Champion, the Avalanche, but also 2022 Frozen Four champion, Denver University.

3 months later
#2641 1 year ago

Habs-Caps tonight! I'll be there.

1 week later
#2713 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Drinking high class tonite Mesz.[quoted image]

Best beer ever made.

2 months later
#3054 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I liked him as a coach even being a Pens fan, he will ge get a new job soon.

Boudreau is a crazy goose. Fun to be around. He lightens the atmosphere and teams do well for a while. Not a kick ass coach and some take advantage of him.

He will land somewhere and, if not, he will be doing some color commentary after the games here in DC.

2 months later
#3301 1 year ago

NCAA Frozen Four in Tampa was fantastic.

Great cigars and great hockey.

Wonder how many college players have alrwady signed?

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Flew down for it as well. My 6th Frozen Four. Great weather and Thursday's games were outstanding hockey. And the end of the final game was epic.

Yes, the final game was epic.

I wore my Johns Hopkins hockey sweater and got a lot of comments on it.

Tampa is a fantastic location for the event. Good people and cigars, plenty of venues for good food, the trolley car and close proximity to St. Pete.

This is my 3rd visit there and it gets better every time.

#3397 1 year ago

I'm in using Chrome.

#3488 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How’s the pin playing?? I love mine

Love playing Olympic Hockey, but it is still fairly tempermental. Tim did a great job getting it playable, but it needs a few parts to get completely restored. The play of the game and the artwork are fantastic. Beautiful plastics. Fast action. Not easy to score goals.

This thread is one of my favorites. Keep up the good work.

Hockey and pinball go well together. Extra credit for cigar mentions.

#3518 1 year ago

Gritty was designed by Flyland Designs, which is heavily into pinball!

1 week later
#3694 12 months ago

When you are favored, and especially in front of the home team fans, you sometimes play tight. It happened to the Capitals a couple of years.

Got a lead with a minute left, you should be attacking hard. Instead, they played in their back yard.

The Panthers had nothing to lose and played like it. Wild abandon and a goalie playing well.

#3705 11 months ago

Bringing up the rear, that's embarrassing! i'm gonna have to replace a lot of GM's and coaches this week.

Actually, good for the NHL to have some new blood on the ice, so to speak. Will be fun to watch.

#3744 11 months ago

I'm wondering if I am the only guy on this thread who has recently sat in a penalty box. After about 40 years of hockey, I got my first boarding call (have had lots of "accidental" tripping calls) in my league called the GeriHatricks. We both were going for the puck, but apparently I lifted my shoulder into him and smooshed him into the glass a bit. Fortunately, my team killed the penalty.

Sitting in a penalty box is kind of like an adult time out.

#3753 11 months ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

The GeriHatricks crew used to let me and some other disabled vets(usa warriors)skate with them on Tuesday and Thursday mornings at Laurel Ice Gardens. Is this the same group you're referring to? I know they had a league as well but I'm just talking about their open morning skates. If so, small world.
I miss skating with those guys and gals.

Yes, exactly. We probably know each other.

#3838 11 months ago

Samsonov out with a sudden injury puts a lot of pressure on his rusty backup. Leafs are trying to rally around him.

#3902 11 months ago

Leafs played hard tonight.

#3946 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hockey gods....I'm calling on a favor....just this once.....

They tease you, but they don't like you.

#3958 11 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Go Canes, Go Oilers!!

I am totally with you, Norm.

2 weeks later
#4134 11 months ago

Plenty of LaBatts at my house left over from early summer fishing trip.

#4176 10 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Drinking and playing ladder ball until puckdrop.
20230603_171536.jpg
20230603_171536.jpg

Have to laugh about your choice of beer. My grandfather had a lot to do with its creation and production.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldhockeyguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-?tu=oldhockeyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.