IMG_3159 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240624_203614_Firefox.jpg
jinx-seinfeld.gif
madbro - Copy (resized).jpg
IMG_5702 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240624_174504_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_161518_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240623_194715_Firefox.jpg
There are 6,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 135.
#4401 10 months ago

More bad good news for Toronto, at development camp nonetheless
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuchtxkgGQj/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

#4402 10 months ago

Looking forward to seeing Connor Bedard at this weekend's development camp in St. Paul, MN and him skating in his first competitive NHL action. Wild are hosting the Blues and Hawks. It's also nice that tickets to the event are free.

#4403 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:More bad good news for Toronto, at development camp nonetheless

That was shocking to see. Have to agree with a post that said what kind of camp is this?

#4404 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

That was shocking to see. Have to agree with a post that said what kind of camp is this?

That’s bs to lay out a teammate @ camp. Keep your head up sure, but CMON MAN

#4405 10 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That’s bs to lay out a teammate @ camp. Keep your head up sure, but CMON MAN

I would roll that tape frame by frame and cut the guy who laid him out. BS

#4406 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

More bad good news for Toronto, at development camp nonetheless

That's from months ago

#4407 10 months ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

That's from months ago

D'oh (resized).jpgD'oh (resized).jpg
#4408 10 months ago

That sure didn’t last long..

IMG_5555 (resized).jpegIMG_5555 (resized).jpeg
#4409 10 months ago

Wow, whirlwind entry and exit again from the NHL. So glad Colorado's coach is solid, we don't need that kind of drama.

#4410 10 months ago

Babcock Babcocked himself.

Is anyone really surprised? Lol

#4411 10 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That sure didn’t last long..
[quoted image]

I remember seeing a soap commercial years ago with Babs proclaiming he was “comfortable in his own skin”

#4412 10 months ago

It's really disappointing the Jackets would put themselves in this situation.

#4413 10 months ago

What a shit show.

at least he had the wherewithal to step down. He lost the room before he even had it.

#4414 10 months ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

What a shit show.
at least he had the wherewithal to step down. He lost the room before he even had it.

Adios Babs..what would he humiliate Marner and Franzen ..?? What a goof

#4415 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

No matter what timeline that’s a brutal hit.

#4416 10 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

It's really disappointing the Jackets would put themselves in this situation.

Davidson and Kekaleinen need to go.

#4417 10 months ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Davidson and Kekaleinen need to go.

They are good hockey guys but made a horrible decision with Babcock relying way too much on the old boys' network for evaluating him.

#4418 10 months ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

They are good hockey guys but made a horrible decision with Babcock relying way too much on the old boys' network for evaluating him.

Is that what happened? I mean, do you really think they didn't evaluate him for themselves and relied on other's opinions and thoughts?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I think it would be really fucked up if they just phoned it in on this one. I would hope/expect an NHL team would do the work.

#4419 10 months ago

Mike Commodore on the Babcock fiasco in Columbus. You can say he's bitter and has an axe to grind with Babcock, but he makes very valid points.

Calls Babcock a sociopath. I don't disagree.

#4420 10 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Is that what happened? I mean, do you really think they didn't evaluate him for themselves and relied on other's opinions and thoughts?
I'm not saying you're wrong, I think it would be really fucked up if they just phoned it in on this one. I would hope/expect an NHL team would do the work.

They did say that during the evaluation process they talked to a lot of people who knew Babcock personally. Unfortunately it sounds like they talked with a lot of their peers, fellow coaches and managers and not enough of the recent players/Babcock subordinates because they heard a lot of the positive but little of the negative.

I think the whole thing is overblown media scrutiny and this comes from someone who isn't a Babcock fan at all. I don't think Babcock was trying to power trip them by asking to see pictures, more just trying to make a personal connection. However, he should have realized that this might put some players in an uncomfortable spot where saying "no thanks" could put them at a disadvantage not based on their hockey skills. As anyone any hockey player knows, you don't want to get in Babcock's "doghouse" or your career could be in jeopardy.

#4421 10 months ago
Quoted from hypnotoad:

I think the whole thing is overblown media scrutiny and this comes from someone who isn't a Babcock fan at all. I don't think Babcock was trying to power trip them by asking to see pictures, more just trying to make a personal connection.

I call bullshit. Players can send him the photos he requested by email or USB. They don't need to hand over their phone and have Babcock run through the entire thing.

This is nothing more than a power trip and dominance asserting move on his part. And we've all seen it before from this clown.

I hope this is the last we ever see Babcock in the NHL again.

#4422 10 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

That's pretty much exactly how the old boys club works in any industry.

#4423 10 months ago
Quoted from lftwng4:

Just my opinion, I think this was one of those things that Columbus thought that enough time had past and people would've forgotten about his past antics. Kind of like when people forgot about Ray Lewis (NFL player) that "after initially being charged with murder (2000), Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction in a plea agreement that dropped his murder charge" but then was named the Super Bowl MVP a year later in 2001. Unfortunately for Babcock we live in times that people don't easily forget stuff. This and the fact he appeared to have just went back to his old ways.

But look at the bright side ..... 18 days till season opener!

#4424 10 months ago

First NHL game ever played in the Southern Hemisphere today, Arizona Vs Kings in Australia. Aussies best not to adopt Arizona as your go to team. Fairly safe with the Kings though

#4425 10 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just my opinion, I think this was one of those things that Columbus thought that enough time had past and people would've forgotten about his past antics. Kind of like when people forgot about Ray Lewis (NFL player) that "after initially being charged with murder (2000), Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction in a plea agreement that dropped his murder charge" but then was named the Super Bowl MVP a year later in 2001. Unfortunately for Babcock we live in times that people don't easily forget stuff. This and the fact he appeared to have just went back to his old ways.
But look at the bright side ..... 18 days till season opener!

Ray Lewis Was put on a pedestal during that Super Bowl game. Every 10 seconds ray Lewis this Ray Lewis that. Good for him but that gun violence fiasco NBC couldn’t focus on a real hero player. Bizzare

#4426 10 months ago

Watching the replay game, really good so far , ironic kings Goalie first name is Phoenix and a nice scrap between butter-bean Doty and Brown. Brown took some serious punches in the face. Doty is pure Goon.

#4427 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

First NHL game ever played in the Southern Hemisphere today, Arizona Vs Kings in Australia. Aussies best not to adopt Arizona as your go to team. Fairly safe with the Kings though

Why not, I'm pretty sure they were voted "Team most likely to move to Australia".

#4428 10 months ago

"To best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior."

#4429 10 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I can't imagine anyone adopting Arizona as their home team.

#4430 10 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I can't imagine anyone adopting Arizona as their home team.

I work with a die hard Coyote fan, it's hard to take him seriously.

#4431 10 months ago

Cowan (TOR) with the first penalty shot of the season for Toronto…… missed

#4432 9 months ago

Dragon’s Milk Stout n Penguins hockey.

IMG_8193 (resized).jpegIMG_8193 (resized).jpeg
#4433 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

LGP!

#4434 9 months ago

Fuck Babcock,he robbed the 1500th games from Mike Modano,he can go f.. himself

#4435 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

Always a solid choice.

#4436 9 months ago

Just watched the Penguins starting lineup play in its final pre-season game. I look forward to another disappointing season.

#4437 9 months ago

Not many teams aside from a broken down Tampa and, heart ripped out Bruins. Cake walk to 2nd round playoffs for Leafs prediction.

#4438 9 months ago

Typically I keep this information close to vest but today I feel Generous.

#4439 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Typically I keep this information close to vest

norm-macdonald-norm-macdonald-laughing.gifnorm-macdonald-norm-macdonald-laughing.gif
#4440 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not many teams aside from a broken down Tampa and, heart ripped out Bruins. Cake walk to 2nd round playoffs for Leafs prediction.

Must be having an Upside Down Cake!

not sure what this means either bacon, just go with it!

#4441 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Didn’t they win a 1st round last year in like forever..now they’re going to the 2nd round? CMON MAN

#4442 9 months ago

Kind of like Carolina and New Jersey in the East this year.

#4443 9 months ago

I just hope the Pens can make the playoffs with a healthy squad

#4444 9 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I just hope the Pens can make the playoffs with a healthy squad

Let me fix your run on sentence..... I just hope the Pens can make the playoffs.

#4445 9 months ago

Fresh issue!
Must admit physical copies go directly into plastic page sleeves and out of sunlight.

20231006_122257 (resized).jpg20231006_122257 (resized).jpg
#4446 9 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Fresh issue!
Must admit physical copies go directly into plastic page sleeves and out of sunlight.
[quoted image]

Is there a market for them?

#4447 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Let me fix your run on sentence..... I just hope the Pens can make the playoffs.

I'm just really greedy

#4448 9 months ago

Update on TV coverage here in the States. Last year I watched most Penguins games via ESPN+. As previously stated not all Penguins games could be viewed with the ESPN+ package but I found the video quality to be not so great.

This year, signed up for the TSN+ package. Right out of the gate, the video quality is a lot better than ESPN+ is. When I watched via ESPN+ I just figured it might have been the system I streamed with or the internet itself but seeing games on TSN+, so much better. Thus far, very happy with the service.

Quoted from ichuckle:

I'm just really greedy

You n me both but the Penguins, IMO, have been playing the same style game for far too long. At this point I can't imagine other team even watch video of the Penguins as it's just so redundant. There's very few, if anyone, that has speed on the team. No one stands in front of the net, the D method of getting the puck out of the defensive zone is to throw the puck around the boards and hope.

One of the biggest changes I would like to see the Pens make is to take Jake off the Power-Play. To his credit he stands in there and gets knocked around. He's too small. I think Carter would serve better. With his height and weight he's built to take that pounding. Also, probably the only thing left for Carter is that, he still has pretty good hands. Being within 15' of the net I feel he could help the PP. Basically he would fill that role that the Pens lost when Hornqvist left.

#4449 9 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

I think Carter would serve better. With his height and weight he's built to take that pounding. Also, probably the only thing left for Carter is that, he still has pretty good hands. Being within 15' of the net I feel he could help the PP. Basically he would fill that role that the Pens lost when Hornqvist left.

I would be ok if this was the only time he touched the ice.

#4450 9 months ago
Quoted from ichuckle:

I would be ok if this was the only time he touched the ice.

We’re thinking alike!!! His contract is too much to dump him but he’s not a contributor in any other fashion.

There are 6,744 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.