IMG_3159 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240624_203614_Firefox.jpg
jinx-seinfeld.gif
madbro - Copy (resized).jpg
IMG_5702 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240624_174504_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240624_161518_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240623_194715_Firefox.jpg
There are 6,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 135.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Canucks bought our OELs contract. Owe him $19.5 over 8 years.
Even Bobby Bonnilla is jealous I'm sure.
https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-to-buy-out-oliver-ekman-larsson-report

Cap penalties are complicated.

I figured he was playing through some injuries... Or did he really suck all along and this was the plan to make the cap work from the beginning? Or is the mgmt just making it up as they go along (seems most likely from the past year?)

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:Canucks bought our OELs contract. Owe him $19.5 over 8 years.
Even Bobby Bonnilla is jealous I'm sure.
https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-to-buy-out-oliver-ekman-larsson-report

I think the Leafs just finished paying off Darcy Tucker.

#4253 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Cap penalties are complicated.
I figured he was playing through some injuries... Or did he really suck all along and this was the plan to make the cap work from the beginning? Or is the mgmt just making it up as they go along (seems most likely from the past year?)

It’s mostly on Benning for signing/trading for him. Aquaman bit the bullet big time on the buyout, n should have never gave Benning the green light to take that fn contract. I say try n trade Miller, Garlund, Boeser, Myers..get rid of the mascot Fin too..let’s kinda start over w what’s left..n if they trade Demko, I’m gonna lose my fn shit. I like Silvos, and he played great recently at the worlds..but really don’t know if he’s ready for a f/t gig at the nhl level

IMG_5165 (resized).jpegIMG_5165 (resized).jpeg
#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

It’s mostly on Benning for signing/trading for him. Aquaman bit the bullet big time on the buyout, n should have never gave Benning the green light to take that fn contract. I say try n trade Miller, Garlund, Boeser, Myers..get rid of the mascot Fin too..let’s kinda start over w what’s left..n if they trade Demko, I’m gonna lose my fn shit. I like Silvos, and he played great recently at the worlds..but really don’t know if he’s ready for a f/t gig at the nhl level [quoted image]

Idk... Dude was still a first round pick.. Maybe they should think about the toxicity of the organization.. Not every player will be able to thrive with the bs in Vancouver. Hopefully he plays more on another team and has a decent finish to his career. Feels like the management is so intent on bringing their people in.. They don't know how to work with the cards they are dealt and just blow another decade.

Reading comments, fans seem to be happy.. I just don't get it.. Oel was not worth his contract.. But that alone is pretty far down the list of reasons they didn't make the playoffs IMHO.

#4255 1 year ago

92 days until pre season games I think

#4256 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I thought that the Kraken had a solid improbable run as well

A good start for the Kraken Franchise. Cool uniforms too.

#4257 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A good start for the Kraken Franchise. Cool uniforms too.

Hopefully that team 2 hours north of them up the I 5 can slowly get a rivalry going. Of course the fn Canucks have to make the playoffs 1st thou

#4260 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’d like to see Mogilny & Brindamour get in as well today!

You mean guys who actually won a cup?

#4261 1 year ago

Mogilny should be in already. The first player to defect from Russia to play in the NHL. Set a precedent and paved the way for future Russian players.

Add his stats and performance to the mix, and it's a no brainer.

#4262 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mogilny should be in already. The first player to defect from Russia to play in the NHL. Set a precedent and paved the way for future Russian players.

Guys like carbonneau get in, yet some players w better stats aren’t in yet?! Roggie Vachon?! CMON MAN..

#4263 1 year ago

Mogilny should definitely be in, but I wonder if the current situation in Russia is a factor with the more recent snubs.

#4264 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

Mogilny should definitely be in, but I wonder if the current situation in Russia is a factor with the more recent snubs.

As a longtime Sabres fan, it is particularly frustrating to see him get snubbed repeatedly.

I think his history with the press is a more likely explanation though. He was notorious for being reclusive during his career & and the HOF probably feels he would not come to Toronto to participate in the induction.

It's been over a decade since Mogilny attended his Sabres Hall of Fame induction in 2011. He didn't take part in any interviews at that time, nor did he appear for the NHL Awards in when he won the Lady Byng. He lives in Russia now & is involved with the KHL. I just don't think the accolades are that important to him.

If he ever does get the call, I'm certainly raising my glass to him. He deserves it. Thanks for the memories 89!

MB (resized).pngMB (resized).png
#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

As a longtime Sabres fan, it is particularly frustrating to see him get snubbed repeatedly.
I think his history with the press is a more likely explanation though. He was notorious for being reclusive during his career & and the HOF probably feels he would not come to Toronto to participate in the induction.
[quoted image]

And on the opposite end of the spectrum you have Jeremy Roenick. Who also deserves a place in the HOF in my opinion. But....like Mogilny, probably won't be inducted for political/personality reasons.

1 week later
#4266 1 year ago

Big day today for all teams, as the draft is apparently a good 1. But I’m more interested in the trades that’ll be made, and what moves/direction teams choose w the cap issues

#4267 1 year ago

no name cards for the person announcing the draft picks name? Geez Carey

#4268 1 year ago

That was embarrassing!

#4269 1 year ago

Arizona picked the wrong Russian! ..this draft is awesome

#4270 1 year ago

Here we go the Couv picking!!! .....it’s another softy Swede drafted in the first round DMan Tom Willander

#4271 1 year ago

The Canada - USA - Sweden hockey draft.

#4272 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

That was embarrassing!

#4273 1 year ago

There's nothing aboot the NHL draft that has ever been NOT Embarrassing or cringy.

Low budget shit reminds me of the gameshow "Jack-Pot!"

#4274 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:There's nothing aboot the NHL draft that has ever been NOT Embarrassing or cringy.

Why do 15 people go on stage with the drafted player?? The drafted player then go's to the teams table and shakes everyone's hand Anyhow
It's the kids day, not anyone else on the stage.
NHL please insist name cards are ready for every pick next time.

#4275 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’d like to see Mogilny & Brindamour get in as well today!

You think Choo Choo is hall of fame?

#4276 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mabey ..but that's lovey dovey selection..lets start with Paul Henderson

#4277 1 year ago

Steve Yzerman gets Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin from Oilers for basically nothing. Talk about a value deal!

#4278 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Steve Yzerman gets Kailer Yamamoto and Klim Kostin from Oilers for basically nothing. Talk about a value deal!

Pretty much. Stevey Y is the man.

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You think Choo Choo is hall of fame?

No..now bring on Saturday w some trades, and the nhl free agency!

#4280 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's nothing aboot the NHL draft that has ever been NOT Embarrassing or cringy.

The draft lottery looked like and production-wise it was conducted in Saul Goodman's office. Fortunately, it was not broadcast on TV.

#4281 1 year ago
Quoted from Ryguy80:

The draft lottery looked like and production-wise it was conducted in Saul Goodman's office.

How dare you insult Secaucus NJ!

#4282 1 year ago

Take care everyone just in case ..

FD8349C9-7D25-48F4-BC50-98F450B34710 (resized).jpegFD8349C9-7D25-48F4-BC50-98F450B34710 (resized).jpeg
#4283 1 year ago

Mike Babcock is back in the NHL as the new coach of the Columbus Bluejackets.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/blue-jackets-hire-babcock-as-head-coach-after-contract-with-maple-leafs-expires/

1 week later
#4284 1 year ago

Current Wikipedia quote:

“Alexander DeBrincat is an American professional ice hockey right winger for the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League.”

It seemed like it was gonna happen, but finally, Alex is coming home, YES!!!!

#4285 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Current Wikipedia quote:
“Alexander DeBrincat is an American professional ice hockey right winger for the Detroit Red Wings of the National Hockey League.”
It seemed like it was gonna happen, but finally, Alex is coming home, YES!!!!

Decent trade for Wings. Gave up little to a divisional rival for a game breaker potential player.

#4286 1 year ago

I guess players will do anything to not play in Arizona.

He couldnt even last 10 days on his freshly signed contract.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2023/07/13/arizona-terminates-alex-galchenyuk-contract/70410796007/

#4287 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I guess players will do anything to not play in Arizona.
He couldnt even last 10 days on his freshly signed contract.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/coyotes/2023/07/13/arizona-terminates-alex-galchenyuk-contract/70410796007/

Hearing he was arrested and multiple charges laid.
Kid looked like he would be something in MTL...but I think he took some bad turns in his personal life.

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Hearing he was arrested and multiple charges laid.
Kid looked like he would be something in MTL...but I think he took some bad turns in his personal life.

Just got weirder with the release of the police report. He won't play in the NHL again.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/galchenyuk-repeatedly-used-racial-slur-intimidated-officers-police-report-says/

#4289 1 year ago

Ya... just read about it. Yikes.

Enjoy the KHL Alex!

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just got weirder with the release of the police report...

Not that bad...it sounds more romantik with his Russian accent I'm sure

#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Not that bad...it sounds more romantik with his Russian accent I'm sure

Lol I dunno.

Threats of murder/beheading and eliminating blood lines kinda gives off some third reich-y type vibes if you ask me.

#4292 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Lol I dunno.
Threats of murder/beheading and eliminating blood lines kinda gives off some third reich-y type vibes if you ask me.

All that in the States would garner 6 weeks probation. However, the "third reich-y type vibes" will get you 10 years in max prison.

#4293 12 months ago

Let's get the best players in the world playing against each other.

#4294 12 months ago

Milan in 2026?

1 week later
#4295 11 months ago

Tues Oct 10 kicks off 2023 Season with Pens vs Bedard!

Facts
You can tell your wife and kids around the dinner table.

#4296 11 months ago

Tampa vs Nashville the official 1st game

#4297 11 months ago

Do we have a final pool standings to reflect upon ?

#4298 11 months ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Do we have a final pool standings to reflect upon ?

Tkachuck factor

#4299 11 months ago

So anyone ever signup for the SportsNet Hockey package? Thoughts on it (especially from those in the States)?

I believe you have to be in Canada for it but using a IP hider should care for that.

I am just looking for a site that I can go to in order to watch all games. Here in the States, you need to have 5 streaming services to get all the games since they did away with NHL Center Ice.

The best was the NHLGames "app" but the NHL had it taken down. The guy who ran this did a phenomenal job. The streaming quality was better then what the networks had.

NHL66 is hit or miss.

#4300 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

So anyone ever signup for the SportsNet Hockey package? Thoughts on it (especially from those in the States)?
I believe you have to be in Canada for it but using a IP hider should care for that.
I am just looking for a site that I can go to in order to watch all games. Here in the States, you need to have 5 streaming services to get all the games since they did away with NHL Center Ice.
The best was the NHLGames "app" but the NHL had it taken down. The guy who ran this did a phenomenal job. The streaming quality was better then what the networks had.
NHL66 is hit or miss.

I can still get NHL center ice out here through my cable company Cox Communications and have for years, only a few games missed now that new contract last years has games on other networks, told my cable company for years to show replays and get home and away broadcasts like competition Dish network or I would cancel everything. On a side note like any of the Pens moves so far?

There are 6,740 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.