243A3871_1277 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240417_150316_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_140307_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240416_190436_theScore.jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy-711012766.gif
Screenshot_20240413-194155_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 111.
#3301 1 year ago

NCAA Frozen Four in Tampa was fantastic.

Great cigars and great hockey.

Wonder how many college players have alrwady signed?

#3302 1 year ago

And another Canadian team out, Flames are out. let’s see if Pens can pull it off now as playing last two place teams overall, so if they lose no excuses. Not sure if it’s better they make it to keep playoff streak alive or lose, because watching them vs Boston in first round could be worse

#3303 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

And another Canadian team out, Flames are out. let’s see if Pens can pull it off now as playing last two place teams overall, so if they lose no excuses. Not sure if it’s better they make it to keep playoff streak alive or lose, because watching them vs Boston in first round could be worse

I'd like to see the streak continue. Also, Florida has their last game tomorrow vs the Canes so if they were to lose or OTL that game and the Pens win their last two then they would move up to the 7 spot.

#3304 1 year ago

Anyone want to take me up on an unfriendly wager ! I'm sure they'll loose 7 years in a row ! the leafs make the second round , i get the Leafs everyone else gets the Lighting , all takers if they win get a $10 donation to pinside in their name from me, if I win you donate to pinside in my name ! so who's on !
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#3305 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

Anyone want to take me up on an unfriendly wager ! I'm sure they'll loose 7 years in a row ! the leafs make the second round , i get the Leafs everyone else gets the Lighting , all takers if they win get a $10 donation to pinside in their name from me, if I win you donate to pinside in my name ! so who's on !
[quoted image]

After watching them last night, I'm still trying to figure out how they won. Grateful they did as it helps the Pens !!

In short, I'll be the first to take you up on the wager! Hate too as I'd rather see the Leafs win but ......

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

After watching them last night, I'm still trying to figure out how they won. Grateful they did as it helps the Pens !!
In short, I'll be the first to take you up on the wager! Hate too as I'd rather see the Leafs win but ......

Pens aren't helping their cause against the lowly Hawks

#3307 1 year ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Flew down for it as well. My 6th Frozen Four. Great weather and Thursday's games were outstanding hockey. And the end of the final game was epic.

The semifinals are such an amazing atmosphere, regardless of venue, but the Frozen Four in Tampa can't be beat. Would love to see it there every year.

Oh, and the Wild have already signed Faber from Minnesota.

#3308 1 year ago

Leafs taking Tampa to the wood shed tonite.

#3309 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Flew down for it as well. My 6th Frozen Four. Great weather and Thursday's games were outstanding hockey. And the end of the final game was epic.
The semifinals are such an amazing atmosphere, regardless of venue, but the Frozen Four in Tampa can't be beat. Would love to see it there every year.
Oh, and the Wild have already signed Faber from Minnesota.

Wild are a serious threat this year playoffs

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

They have been scouted like crazy and congrats to the USA for producing top notch players year after year.

#3311 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Leafs taking Tampa to the wood shed tonite.

Not sure what your definition of this is (taking them to the wood shed), but Tampa had every chance to tie this up (and almost did) and were within reach the entire game. I agree Tampa is not the team they've been the past few seasons though. But really Tampa has nothing to prove, while the leafs have everything to prove (and everything to lose going into game 1 of the playoffs).

#3312 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Pens aren't helping their cause against the lowly Hawks

Unbelievable loss disappointing for my pens but expected it so not too upset, guess we wait until tomorrow for isles game results.

#3313 1 year ago

Unbelievable loss disappointing for my pens but expected it so not too upset, guess we wait until tomorrow for isles game results.

Predicting we'll see more of the same ...... Isles will lose tonight and the Pens won't cease the opportunity tomorrow. But let's not forget "this team can now win the Stanley Cup"!!! (Hextall should've been fired on this statement alone!)

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from FamDocKevin:

Yes, the final game was epic.

I wore my Johns Hopkins hockey sweater and got a lot of comments on it.

Tampa is a fantastic location for the event. Good people and cigars, plenty of venues for good food, the trolley car and close proximity to St. Pete.

This is my 3rd visit there and it gets better every time.

#3315 1 year ago

Who doesn’t want to see Crosby in the playoffs too ..17 year playoffs streak hanging by a thread!

#3316 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

[quoted image]

With the jays playing don’t even dream of driving down to scotia Bank arena. What a cluster fk yesterday jays opener., I didn’t know they are blocking areas off around the stadium ,,wtf?

#3317 1 year ago

Pinside nhl bracket challenge created as pinside , password: pinside2023.

#3318 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pinside nhl bracket challenge created as pinside , password: pinside2023.

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/en/league/17918

Here's the link for the Pinside Pool the Baconator made.

#3319 1 year ago

Will the Pens miss the playoff for the first time since Crosby's rookie year?

I'm leaning towards yes.

#3320 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

With the jays playing don’t even dream of driving down to scotia Bank arena. What a cluster fk yesterday jays opener., I didn’t know they are blocking areas off around the stadium ,,wtf?

i had no problem . i went to the home opener too , but left after the 8th inning , so no traffic , the new reno's look sweet , just hope when they do my section they don't jack them up and create uber luxury suites , have 3 seats 4th row behind home plate , you can chat with the visitors on deck guy !

#3321 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here's the link for the Pinside Pool the Baconator made.

thanks a lot !!

#3322 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Will the Pens miss the playoff for the first time since Crosby's rookie year?
I'm leaning towards yes.

Hell yes! Even if the Isles somehow lose tonight, the Pens will blow the game tomorrow vs Columbus

#3323 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hell yes! Even if the Isles somehow lose tonight, the Pens will blow the game tomorrow vs Columbus

Well....it's all moot at this point. Isles win and clinch the final spot.

Playoffs start Monday night! Everybody get your pinside bracket challenge picks in before then!

#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

i had no problem . i went to the home opener too , but left after the 8th inning , so no traffic , the new reno's look sweet , just hope when they do my section they don't jack them up and create uber luxury suites , have 3 seats 4th row behind home plate , you can chat with the visitors on deck guy !

I was stuck on front street after battling the 401 and dvp ..then continue the trek to hell finally in front of the CBC building at 6 pm ..for about 20 minutes stopped then hardly Moved at all. I left Markham at 4 Luch. F me brother. How the hell did you get down so smoothly??

#3325 1 year ago

Ah the Luch-a-Copter

#3326 1 year ago

went for dinner at mamma martino's , royal york and queensway , left the restaurant at 625 pm drove along qew to york st , parked at the exit ramp and york st parking garage , walked across the road thru steam whistle brewery place , to gate 6 , in my seats by 705pm

#3327 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

went for dinner at mamma martino's , royal york and queensway , left the restaurant at 625 pm drove along qew to york st , parked at the exit ramp and york st parking garage , walked across the road thru steam whistle brewery place , to gate 6 , in my seats by 705pm

Nicw .,you probably walked by me in my car yelling expletives with the windows rolled down. Arrival time?

#3328 1 year ago

Luch itwas a fkn disaster for me but I’m glad you Guys made it and had a good time brother. Let’s connect the next game we go a lot

#3329 1 year ago
Quoted from luch:

Good idea ..I was stupid to travel on front st. Never again

#3330 1 year ago

Yorkdale all the way next time..like I always do.

#3331 1 year ago

i go to one game a year , home opener , and sell off everything else , now when they make the playoffs i might go to another game

#3332 1 year ago

Pens fans rejoicing?
Bye Hextal et al

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Pens fans rejoicing?
Bye Hextal et al

I'm a Pens fan. I can't say I'm rejoicing but something needs to change somewhere.
Hopefully a change of scenery will be beneficial to all.
I think if you let one go you had to clean house. All three heads being removed was a must if you want to move forward. Wish them well but FSG made the correct call. Those recent trades were beyond confusing.
Good luck to everyone that made the playoffs.

#3334 1 year ago

. duplicate post.

#3335 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

FSG made the correct call

Unfortunately 3-4 months too late! Lets face it, Hextall is not GM material. He failed in Philly and again in Pittsburgh. Would be surprised if another team picks him up as a GM. Maybe some other managerial position but can't see as a GM.

#3336 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Unfortunately 3-4 months too late! Lets face it, Hextall is not GM material. He failed in Philly and again in Pittsburgh. Would be surprised if another team picks him up as a GM. Maybe some other managerial position but can't see as a GM.

Concur.
Always baffles me when "insert coach, gm, etc... job position" gets fired because it's obvious it's above their skill level and then they get recycled somewhere else and prove once again they have no business filling said position.
I'm talking about no single person here, just an observation on sports in general. Ridiculous.
I'm thinking he'd make a decent goalie coach or boxing trainer . Stick to your strengths.

#3337 1 year ago

went for dinner at mamma martino's , royal york and queensway , left the restaurant at 625 pm drove along qew to york st , parked at the exit ramp and york st parking garage , walked across the road thru steam whistle brewery place , to gate 6 , in my seats by 705pm</blockquote
Cmon man you can’t go to jays game with the Bacon? I would jump at the chance

#3338 1 year ago

Let’s party in line for the next bobble head .
Luch

#3339 1 year ago

Agree with it. Still like coach Mike Sullivan, as a pens fan we knew this year was off long time ago. We would have not made it out of first round, prior years first round losses bugged me more. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/36187679/penguins-fire-president-ops-brian-burke-gm-ron-hextall

#3340 1 year ago

The Baconator's NHL Bracket challenge is open and picks can be made. (You have 4 days, 10 hours to get your picks locked in)

For some reason I couldn't access the website on my android phone but was able to with my computer and made my picks. FYI

We have 7 people so far in the pool.

#3341 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Baconator's NHL Bracket challenge is open and picks can be made. (You have 4 days, 10 hours to get your picks locked in)
For some reason I couldn't access the website on my android phone but was able to with my computer and made my picks. FYI

What’s the code to get in?

#3342 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

What’s the code to get in?

pinside2023

Reminder to all: when creating a team name please use your pinside username. Just helps for clarity.

#3343 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

pinside2023
Reminder to all: when creating a team name please use your pinside username. Just helps for clarity.

I’m in! Looking forward to seeing it all play out.

#3344 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm in, let the fun begin!

#3345 1 year ago

We have 11 members....and I believe 6 members have their brackets set. (With maybe? being unsure of himself I guess?)

20230415_120128.jpg20230415_120128.jpg

20230415_120357.jpg20230415_120357.jpg

#3346 1 year ago

Did I miss anything?
Never see a more pathetic end to the season Pens.

#3347 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We have 11 members....and I believe 6 members have their brackets set. (With maybe? being unsure of himself I guess?)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Set my bracket. That "maybe", might of been me. I logged in with an old saved password on my other pc and rejoined by accident. Sorry bout that!

#3348 1 year ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Set my bracket. That "maybe", might of been me. I logged in with an old saved password on my other pc and rejoined by accident. Sorry bout that!

You can rename your team in the bracket selection part of the site. It's at the top above the interactive bracket where you make your selections. Its in big white letters.

#3349 1 year ago

I already set my bracket. I accidently logged in with a old account and backed out when I realized what I did, thus the unknown. My bad... You can delete the "unknown" account.

J

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Did I miss anything?
Never see a more pathetic end to the season Pens.

Well let's turn this into a positive as the Penguins ended their season firing Hextall so .....

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

So in looking at the bracket I was thinking .... we've seen numerous times where a team just performs so well all season and then sh*ts the bed in the playoffs. I was looking for the team I felt would upset the Bruins and, I feel, there just isn't.

There are 5,504 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 111.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/67?hl=canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.