Screenshot_20240408_100247_theScore~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240407_172816_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240407_123954_Firefox.jpg
IMG_20240406_164630.jpg
NHL (resized).png
IMG_8998 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8967 (resized).png
20240323_163715~2.jpg
There are 5,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 109.
#3151 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

I was at the one in Phoenix vs the Wings by Mike Smith

me too

#3152 1 year ago

Boston just won a game in overtime under 2 secs that they should have lost, great overtime action back and forth, only 20 shots on goal but almost ended the 3rd period with maybe 12 shots to my memory

#3153 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Boston just won a game in overtime under 2 secs that they should have lost, great overtime action back and forth, only 20 shots on goal but almost ended the 3rd period with maybe 12 shots to my memory

Ully with 54 last night. Unbelievable performance. That dude is special this year. .938 and 1.88. Ridiculous numbers. Vezina no question.
Maybe they lock up the Jennings as well.
It's the Bruins SC to lose at this point.
East is heavy and shame that good teams aren't gonna be around after the 1st round.
Hot Take: The initial rounds of the playoffs will be better than the SCF itself.

#3154 1 year ago

I'm starting to think this McDavid fella is a pretty good hockey player.

#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm starting to think this McDavid fella is a pretty good hockey player.

He’s pretty dynamic..I enjoy his highlights, even if he plays with a team that gives me bad memories for 40+ years

#3156 1 year ago

Filip Hronek goes to Nucks, Stevie Y gets draft capital. With Steve Yzerman’s drafting skills, I’ll take it. I think fans here generally want the Wings to be buyers to help make playoffs this year, but I prefer long-term success over spending too much just for this year.

Do you like this trade, hwyhed ?

#3157 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Filip Hronek goes to Nucks, Stevie Y gets draft capital. With Steve Yzerman’s drafting skills, I’ll take it. I think fans here generally want the Wings to be buyers to help make playoffs this year, but I prefer long-term success over spending too much just for this year.
Do you like this trade, hwyhed ?

When I 1st heard of the trade, I’m like wtf is this management doing. But realizing that the scouts/management have drafted poorly over the years. Sure, they got lucky w Hughes n Pettersson falling in their laps. I remember them drafting Jake Virtanen 6th overall, and Oullevi (both busts) in 1st rounds. I don’t mind it, as it gives Van a true top 4 d man that they desperately need now. Seems to me the club would like to ‘retool’ instead of rebuild. Fans will go to the games regardless, and buy jerseys n overpriced beers. I dunno, it is what it is.

#3158 1 year ago

I'm convinced GMRH is working for the Flyers organization, still.
WTF just happened!

#3159 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

WTF just happened!

What?
Granlund?

#3160 1 year ago

Ron Hextall?

#3161 1 year ago

Translation ..... GMRH translates to General Manager Ron Hextall

Quoted from mikepmcs:

WTF just happened!

To this point he's done nothing. After all the bad publicity he's now getting it's almost like he's trying to do damage control.

The 5 mill a year for 2 years for a 31 year old doesn't bother me as much as the fact they need a strong Defenseman and not another Offensive player.

You waived Kappy, traded away Blueger and in return you get a guy at the end of his career. Good choice in making a slow team even slower.

#3162 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

To this point he's done nothing. After all the bad publicity he's now getting it's almost like he's trying to do damage control.
The 5 mill a year for 2 years for a 31 year old doesn't bother me as much as the fact they need a strong Defenseman and not another Offensive player.
You waived Kappy, traded away Blueger and in return you get a guy at the end of his career. Good choice in making a slow team even slower.

Kappy getting picked off waivers is a win.

Guy has no heart and they'll be better without him.

#3163 1 year ago

Kappy getting picked off waivers is a win.
Guy has no heart and they'll be better without him.

Agree, my point was more in picking up an older and slower player. The Penguins don't have a lot of speed on the team and Kappy and Blueger were two of the faster skaters. Now I can only think of Rust.

#3164 1 year ago

Wow... Bruins just added Bertuzzi....

They're looking STACKED

It pains my heart to say it!

#3165 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

This 100%.
Except the 5 mil a year really bothers me as well. This move made zero sense and now we can't get another decent defenseman, which we desperately need.
g** f****** d*****!!!!

#3166 1 year ago

They're looking STACKED

Agree! Only hope is now they just flame out in 1st or 2nd round!

#3167 1 year ago

They're looking STACKED

I thought there was a good chance the Wings would trade him. Just signed an 8-year deal to keep Dylan Larkin, and I don’t think Stevie Y wanted to commit another big amount of money to keep Tyler Bertuzzi, so he got something for him while he could, and Bruins get a rental.

#3168 1 year ago

That's A LOT of leaf fans in Calgary tonight.

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That's A LOT of leaf fans in Calgary tonight.

My Dad being one of them... he and his buddies are doing the western trip. Edmonton, CGY, Vancouver

#3170 1 year ago

So proof that Hextall needs fired is the fact he traded for Bonino!

#3171 1 year ago

Streets must be quiet around the world for Trade deadline today. Wonder if Leivo be on the move

#3172 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

You watching Mesz? Tune to tsn

#3173 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You watching Mesz? Tune to tsn

I am! ESPN+ carries the TSN feed here in the States.

#3174 1 year ago

so far a pretty quiet deadline day. All the big stuff already happened.

#3175 1 year ago

I’m dedicated n listening to my local hacks..hoping that my local team does something of significance

#3176 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m dedicated n listening to my local hacks..hoping that my local team does something of significance

They should only be selling imho... why they decided to send a 1st rounder away is mind boggling.

#3177 1 year ago

They should only be selling imho... why they decided to send a 1st rounder away is mind boggling.

Besides Quinn Hughes, the d sucks. Oliver ekman Larson, Tyler Myers are huge underachievers. To keep Petey n Hughes on the team long term, they can’t afford to rebuild. Getting a top 2-4 d men sends the right message to them.

#3178 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Besides Quinn Hughes, the d sucks. Oliver ekman Larson, Tyler Myers are huge underachievers. To keep Petey n Hughes on the team long term, they can’t afford to rebuild. Getting a top 2-4 d men sends the right message to them.

Are they UFA's any time soon? If not... tough luck. You're staying.

#3179 1 year ago

Funny watching Gabby chew out the panel!

#3180 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Myers has size but what’s missing with this guy, big underachiever

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I watched him play for the Leafs too..

#3182 1 year ago

Watched him play in Toronto and the guy just didn’t do much at all..

#3183 1 year ago

Wings aren’t looking to be sellers this year before the trade deadline.

Well, that post from 6 days ago didn’t age well. Wings also send Jakub Vrana to Blues for 2025 7th-round draft pick and a 27-year-old career minor-leaguer. Vrana didn’t play much this season (went to players assistance program for two months) and this trade comes after only three games back with Red Wings. He also cleared waivers this season, so I guess Stevie Y did well to get something for him.

#3184 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

His skating is a lil slower, but his positioning/anticipation of things makes him the biggest fn pylon since Dana Muryzn!

#3185 1 year ago

52 minutes left that I can’t watch more of

#3186 1 year ago

13 experts breaking down 7 insignificant trades

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

13 experts breaking down 7 insignificant trades

I think the days of dedicating an entire day to trade deadline are gone.

Teams are actually making the moves earlier every year now.

#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I read this on the way home from the rink a few hours ago and chuckled cause I thought you were joking around. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F***?!?!?!?!?!?
This isn't real life. I'm in a simulation.

#3189 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I read this on the way home from the rink a few hours ago and chuckled cause I thought you were joking around. WHAT THE ABSOLUTE F***?!?!?!?!?!?

Will the Fans stick around when Crosby and co. Retire? Time to rebuild Now. Lovey Dovey does not win Cups. Trade away I.m.h.o

#3190 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Will the Fans stick around when Crosby and co. Retire? Time to rebuild Now. Lovey Dovey does not win Cups. Trade away I.m.h.o

Never say never... but I really can't see Crosby being dealt ever.

Malkin, I can see.

#3191 1 year ago

Malkin, I can see.

Ok..so he becomes a money vaccuum. Not good. Trade him now while he still has sea legs left.

#3192 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I am! ESPN+ carries the TSN feed here in the States.

Thats hours never getting back Mesz!

#3193 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Ok..so he becomes a money vaccuum. Not good. Trade him now while he still has sea legs left.

His contract is actually darn reasonable. $8.7M I think.

#3194 1 year ago

Time to trade while he still has the wheels

#3195 1 year ago

Sorry to see Oskar Sundqvist get traded, good role player. But Wings got a bunch of draft capital in return for all these trades, and Stevie Y knows how to draft. I don’t see the playoffs this year, however.

#3196 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No, Pens can repeat their history and eventually sell him the team to pay him.

#3197 1 year ago

No, Pens can repeat their history and eventually sell him the team to pay him.

Have faith in the G.M. Pens fans? Hope so

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

LOL you're not alone. My brother actually text me early morning and when I got the text I had to actually Google it cuz I thought he was jagging me!

Malkin, I can see.

Yeah they missed that opportunity a few years ago when they should've traded Malkin.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Thats hours never getting back Mesz!

Lucky for me, soon after posting that my wife took me out for brunch and didn't get home till 11PM. In short, no hours wasted!

#3199 1 year ago

Watching ABC earlier today for the NYR/BOS + COL/DAL games and they had those stupid video game type nametags over the player in possession of the puck during PP's.

And as a player would pass it, the name tag would then appear over the new player with the puck. And this would go on and keep changing during the powerplay....very distracting and annoying.

Thankfully they don't have this on TSN or SN here in Canada.

Put the TOR/VAN game thats on SN.... and the very first PP they have these same stupid nametags appearing over the players.

So annoying and distracting. Worse than a video game.

#3200 1 year ago

Always nice to beat the leafs on HNIC..nux were outshot again, but it’s nice to have a healthy Demko between the pipes

There are 5,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/64?hl=canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.