pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240417_150316_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240417_140307_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240416_190436_theScore.jpg
giphy-711012766.gif
Screenshot_20240413-194155_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
There are 5,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 110.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Anyone else’s notice the cup hit the ice and get dented when they ran up with team photo on ice

Ya. All over the newsfeeds here

#2352 1 year ago

nothing that a hammer and little Novus can't fix!

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

nothing that a hammer and little Novus can't fix!

LOL!

#2354 1 year ago

...my wife left to spend the night in the city with her sister. I'm on vacation tomorrow. PARTY ON GARTH!!!!

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Congrats to the Sedins, and Bobby lu, for getting into the HHOF yesterday. The Sedins were true class acts on & off the ice..and Roberto Luongo was a great goalie for the Canucks for years. Well deserved boys!

I'm so old I remember the hockey hall of fame was originally in a trailer at the CNE (Canadian National Exhibition) ...where i worked as a kid a few summers

#2356 1 year ago

Great season overall!! Can't wait for the next!

Congrats to the Avs! Well done. It was fun to watch them even though I dislike Western teams (haha).

The Lightning have nothing to be ashamed of- what an amazing run. They've been a fun team to watch. I see the hate online though since they've had so much success.. I guess it goes with the territory. I think any team would gladly take the hate if it meant winning back to back cups.

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from terrapinmark:

Bet Slips sent to Wynne sports book. Thank you Avalanche
[quoted image]

#2358 1 year ago

In my Gary ‘the count’ bettman voice..I have a trade to announce…

499F5662-069C-42FA-9686-5C21C0D5B6D0 (resized).jpeg499F5662-069C-42FA-9686-5C21C0D5B6D0 (resized).jpeg
#2359 1 year ago

Speaking of which, was there information on why Betteman didn't do the on-ice Stanley Cup hand off this year?

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Speaking of which, was there information on why Betteman didn't do the on-ice Stanley Cup hand off this year?

Who fucking cares!! We were lucky not to have to listen to him try to talk over the boooos at the cup presentation.

It was nice to be given some reprieve from that little turd.

#2361 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think he had covid.

#2363 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Who fucking cares!! .

Great attitude!

#2364 1 year ago
20220630_093317 (resized).jpg20220630_093317 (resized).jpg
#2365 1 year ago

"If this was in Toronto...."

#2366 1 year ago

they had like what a million show up for the basketball parade win in 2019 , hockey double that !

#2367 1 year ago

Couldn't upvote that fast enough Luch!

#2368 1 year ago

Knew you guys were thinking it...

Because... every Leaf fan does

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Anyone else’s notice the cup hit the ice and get dented when they ran up with team photo on ice

Still not as bad as what Maroon did to it last year.

Maroondentcup (resized).pngMaroondentcup (resized).png
#2370 1 year ago

Colorado not only has the Stanley Cup Champion, the Avalanche, but also 2022 Frozen Four champion, Denver University.

#2371 1 year ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Colorado not only has the Stanley Cup Champion, the Avalanche, but also 2022 Frozen Four champion, Denver University.

Thats cool!

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

East HS also won the national hockey championship this year.

#2373 1 year ago

Going to Jays game tomorrow solo for the Vlad and Dad bobblehead giveaway. My son and his buddies are at the game today for the Springer jersey. Luch are you going to the game tomorrow? You can buy me a beer!

#2374 1 year ago

We should take the "hockeytown" title, but frankly, we want nothing to do with that!

#2375 1 year ago
Quoted from Numskul:

We should take the "hockeytown" title, but frankly, we want nothing to do with that!

Hockeytown canceled ..too bad I enjoyed watching the local people/ex players . The indigenous locations were the best.

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Ya. All over the newsfeeds here

Yes but did anyone notice when watching the celebration or just when the news picked up on it, my girl caught it when he slid to the ice for the team pic

#2377 1 year ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Still not as bad as what Maroon did to it last year.
[quoted image]

Wow never seen that pic or heard about it, thanks as curious to know when things go bad for the cup

#2378 1 year ago

G.O.A.T. league here in Pittsburgh up at Lemieux Complex Wednesday nights. JT Miller and Vin Trochek got it going.
Logan Cooley is a special individual. Ridiculous IQ and incredible vision mixed with insane handles, beyond elite skating and voodoo nobody does except maybe Zegras.
His brother Eric was also skating( played for Ohio State final year after transfer from Niagara University) and although he's very different from his brother I really like his aggressive skating style. He's heavy on the ice and very quick.
I've been on the ice when these guys have been there practicing. HOOLLEEE CRAP! I just get out of the way.
Lots of talent in Pittsburgh.
I also really like Conor Geekie and I expect him to have a long career as well. July 7th round 1.
Discuss.
Go Pens.

EDIT: I found out Eric Cooley was a transfer from Niagara to Ohio State and has since graduated this year. Corrected above. He's not a draft candidate just wanted to correct my verbiage. He may have a deal with an AHL team I read in an article, which means most likely some ECHL time if he chooses to grind it out.

r/
Mike

#2379 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

G.O.A.T. league here in Pittsburgh up at Lemieux Complex Wednesday nights. JT Miller and Vin Trochek got it going.
Logan Cooley is a special individual. Ridiculous IQ and incredible vision mixed with insane handles, beyond elite skating and voodoo nobody does except maybe Zegras.
His brother Eric was also skating( plays for Ohio State) and although he's very different from his brother I really like his aggressive skating style. He's heavy on the ice and very quick.
I've been on the ice when these guys have been there practicing. HOOLLEEE CRAP! I just get out of the way.
I also really like Conor Geekie and I expect him to have a long career as well. July 7th round 1.
Discuss.
Go Pens.

The draft should be interesting.
Still unsure who Habs take at 1.

#2380 1 year ago

The draft should be interesting.
Still unsure who Habs take at 1.

Montreal had dinner at the combine with 2 individuals. Shane Wright and Logan Cooley. So while it's still in the air who they take I did see the scouting on both yesterday and 2 words stuck out to me at the end of Shane's line. "Character Guy"
Also, Logan is a Minnesota commit while Shane is in the OHL. Easy math if i'm looking from a business/pro team perspective.
However....Logan witnessed his brother Eric's near tragic injury on the ice, subsequent tough rehab(that may have cost him his ice career earlier in life) when Logan was 10 years old and maybe he doesn't stay in college long (thinking Zegras here)?
I have to say with his talent I'd make the argument he needs to pursue hockey as a profession sooner than later if that is his chosen path.
And as much as I hate to say it, if he does by chance fall to #3 and Arizona takes him he'd be in the NHL very quickly is my guess and I'm sure he's thought of that. They have a habit of bringing guys up early to get looks. He'll stick! As much as I want to see the Coyotes succeed they really need to get their house in order. Keller LW/Fischer RW/Cooley C would be a nice line combo to start.

Go Pens.

r/
Mike

#2381 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Montreal had dinner at the combine with 2 individuals. Shane Wright and Logan Cooley. So while it's still in the air who they take I did see the scouting on both yesterday and 2 words stuck out to me at the end of Shane's line. "Character Guy"
Also, Logan is a Minnesota commit while Shane is in the OHL. Easy math if i'm looking from a business/pro team perspective.
However....Logan witnessed his brother Eric's near tragic injury on the ice, subsequent tough rehab(that may have cost him his ice career earlier in life) when Logan was 10 years old and maybe he doesn't stay in college long (thinking Zegras here)?
I have to say with his talent I'd make the argument he needs to pursue hockey as a profession sooner than later if that is his chosen path.
And as much as I hate to say it, if he does by chance fall to #3 and Arizona takes him he'd be in the NHL very quickly is my guess and I'm sure he's thought of that. They have a habit of bringing guys up early to get looks. He'll stick! As much as I want to see the Coyotes succeed they really need to get their house in order. Keller LW/Fischer RW/Cooley C would be a nice line combo to start.
Go Pens.
r/
Mike

hmmm...
Everything I'm reading has it between Wright and Slafovsky (sp?) the big Czech kid.

#2382 1 year ago

hmmm...
Everything I'm reading has it between Wright and Slafovsky (sp?) the big Czech kid.

Are you talking about Sapovaliv? He's predicted low 20s from what I'm seeing. edit: Juraj Slafkovsky? He's huge. 6'4 218. holy moly. OK
This could very well be true but the Canadiens did not have dinner with anyone but Wright and Cooley. This would be out of nowhere. Stranger things have happened I guess.
Of course unless we were there we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
Gauthier , Savoie, and Geekie round out the mock top 5 after Wright and Cooley from what I see.
I'd be interested in the article you're reading for sure.
r/
Mike
Screenshot_20220704-112944_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220704-112944_Chrome (resized).jpg

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Are you talking about Sapovaliv? He's predicted low 20s from what I'm seeing.
This could very well be true but the Canadiens did not have dinner with anyone but Wright and Cooley. This would be out of nowhere. Stranger things have happened I guess.
Of course unless we were there we really don't know what goes on behind the scenes.
Gauthier , Savoie, and Geekie round out the mock top 5 after Wright and Cooley from what I see.
I'd be interested in the article you're reading if for nothing else more speculation and drama leading up to the 7th.
r/
Mike[quoted image]

No Juraj Slafkovsky.
https://www.tsn.ca/juraj-slafkovsky-shane-wright-bob-mckenzie-nhl-draft-ranking-1.1818585

#2384 1 year ago

lol I had to edit post cause I found him.
Thank you for the link. I'll educate myself and look at the bigger picture.
r/
Mike

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

lol I had to edit post cause I found him.
Thank you for the link. I'll educate myself.
r/
Mike

All good.
Looks to be between Him, Wright and Cooley for #1.

#2386 1 year ago

I wonder if Vancouver gives JT Miller to the diablos for the #2 pick n a player or..

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I wonder if Vancouver gives JT Miller to the diablos for the #2 pick n a player or..

Be interesting to see what happens. Always so much drama in Vancouver. Hard to say what is what.. Was it the coach and mgmt all along? Is it easier to be a big fish in an under-performing team?

I really like the team I saw under Bruce.. but always anxious about whatever Vancouver does.. just never seems to work out.

#2388 1 year ago

No clear number 1 this year. less a year and half of scouting these kids because of Covid. Could find gems all over the place

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

His brother Eric was also skating( played for Ohio State final year after transfer from Niagara University) and although he's very different from his brother I really like his aggressive skating style. He's heavy on the ice and very quick.
Discuss.
Go Pens.
EDIT: I found out Eric Cooley was a transfer from Niagara to Ohio State and has since graduated this year. Corrected above. He's not a draft candidate just wanted to correct my verbiage. He may have a deal with an AHL team I read in an article, which means most likely some ECHL time if he chooses to grind it out.
r/
Mike

Great post Mike..
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers

#2390 1 year ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Are you talking about Sapovaliv? He's predicted low 20s from what I'm seeing. edit: Juraj Slafkovsky? He's huge. 6'4 218. holy moly. OK
I'd be interested in the article you're reading for sure.
r/
Mike
[quoted image]

Based on what you said, Wright I think. Canadiens typically do not draft chances with high picks

#2391 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:Great post Mike..
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers

I love hockey like all of us on this thread. It's a real privilege to see some of these guys live and in person.
Penguins prospects camp starts up July 10th -14th. I may venture up there to check out a day or 2.
Go Pens!
r/
Mike

#2392 1 year ago

How do you get in Mike...I'd be there for sure!
Not happening in Toronto

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

Be interesting to see what happens. Always so much drama in Vancouver. Hard to say what is what.. Was it the coach and mgmt all along? Is it easier to be a big fish in an under-performing team?
I really like the team I saw under Bruce.. but always anxious about whatever Vancouver does.. just never seems to work out.

Well, Bruce will be back on the year 2 option. No restructured deal just riding out the original 2 year contract. I'm a fan of his and like his personality. Hoping he's successful and the team performs well again under his leadership.
He, along with his wife Crystal are owners of the Hershey Cubs east of here. https://hersheycubs.com/about/ (mission statement)
Looks like it's a great program they have going there and they have some great new uniforms this year.
One of the locals, Jack Nolan skates at RMU frequently and is on the Cubs. Has nothing but good things to say about his time with the team so far. Solid individual and he trains with a local retired pro as well. It's a blast to watch him train and improve.
"Bruce, there it is!"

I found this to be an interesting question you posted. "Is it easier to be a big fish in an under-performing team?"
Although I assume its rhetorical it definitely gets me thinking.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How do you get in Mike...I'd be there for sure!
Not happening in Toronto

It's free to the public. Penguins practice is also free to the public during regular season.
GOAT League is also free.
This all takes place at the Penguins Practice facility up in Cranberry, PA (20 min north of Pittsburgh). https://www.upmclemieuxsportscomplex.com/
Lots of stuff happens at that complex. I don't skate there though cause their stick time is way too short for $10.
r/
Mike

#2395 1 year ago

Same Mike I Like Gabby and do players and ones that don't are stupid. Fun fact one of the best players in AHL history

#2396 1 year ago

Mike any chance going to practices with a jersey and sharpie in hand? Be a nice man cave item if you explain it to the players?

#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Mike any chance going to practices with a jersey and sharpie in hand? Be a nice man cave item if you explain it to the players?

I'm not an autograph person to be honest. I just like to stand on the sidelines and watch.
If I ever do happen to run in to a player it's just quick pleasantries and I'm on my way.
r/
Mike

#2398 1 year ago

Your a Navy guy...go figure you like hockey1

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your a Navy guy...go figure you like hockey1

Well I did spend a lot of time in ICEland.

#2400 1 year ago

Congrats Philippe Daoust drafted by the Sens. I coached his older brother and he was the nicest and most polite person I have ever coached. I remember Philippe as a 5 year old and he always had a mini stick in his hand! Also remember seeing Phil hand out candies to parents in the stands while I watched my son in the penalty box again for roughing.

There are 5,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 110.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/48?hl=oldhockeyguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.