No. (resized).png
20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
There are 5,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 114.
#1801 1 year ago

I cant see this series past 5 games. Just no D whatsoever on the Oilers side. Smith has been pulled in more games then vic has jinxed games!

#1802 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I cant see this series past 5 games. Just no D whatsoever on the Oilers side. Smith has been pulled in more games then vic has jinxed games!

Smith is just horrible....BUUUUUUUT I feel like we saw a goalie got blown up 2 games in a row and still won
But honestly no, this is a sweep.

#1803 1 year ago

Fat lady’s warming up in the second period!

#1804 1 year ago

So when was the ALL STAR Game moved to May 31st?

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

So when was the ALL STAR Game moved to May 31st?

Feels like I'm watching an NHL94 video game.

#1806 1 year ago

How did the puck stay out of the net?

#1807 1 year ago

A goalie made a wicked save this game. What's that about?

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wouldn't think so, but this can always get weirder.
And the Avalanche should score 7 goals a game against Oilers in 2 periods

Edited for truth. Holy Moly this game is a literal shooting gallery.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1809 1 year ago

Makar pushes puck across the blueline with Nichuskin inside the offensive zone. But Makar doesn’t touch the puck and cross the blue line himself until Nichushkin exited, or tagged up. Easy call IMO. Not offside.

#1810 1 year ago

It ain't over til the fat lady sings!!! (Even though she started warming up in the 2nd lol)

#1811 1 year ago

Oilers not giving up, back within 2.

#1812 1 year ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Makar doesn’t touch the puck

The way the play moved, it looked like he brought the puck in. But apparently he didn’t touch it in the zone til Nichushkin’s skate touched the blue line.

#1813 1 year ago

what a nice goal setup for Nugent

#1814 1 year ago

Wow, fat lady is sitting down!

#1815 1 year ago

LETS GO TO OT!!!!

1 more!! 1 more!!

#1816 1 year ago

That shouldn't be icing. And I'm rooting for the oilers.

#1817 1 year ago

Im still trying to understand that no offside call? I couldn't hear the intermission so did they explain as to why it wasnt?

#1818 1 year ago

Fun game. Didn't like the outcome but that was entertaining after it seemed like the Av's were gonna run away with it.

#1819 1 year ago

Touchdown and extra point vs 2 field goals.

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Im still trying to understand that no offside call? I couldn't hear the intermission so did they explain as to why it wasnt?

Even former NHL ref Don Koharski said it would be called back during the review.

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Even former NHL ref Don Koharski said it would be called back during the review.

Yeah I heard that and that's when I thought I was wrong

Not sure if anyone has this info but I would love to know what Koharski's record is with making these calls. From what I have seen of him he's wrong more then he's right. Now saying he's bad, just shows how much that judgment calling hockey refereeing is!

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And the Avalanche should score 7 goals a game against Oilers?

Sorry, 8.

#1823 1 year ago

Go Rangers!

https___bluelinestation.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2016_04_1140691899 (resized).jpeghttps___bluelinestation.com_wp-content_uploads_getty-images_2016_04_1140691899 (resized).jpeg
#1824 1 year ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Go Rangers!
[quoted image]

#1825 1 year ago

That game will have good goaltending, so I doubt we have a barn burner. Unless Tampa explodes tonight.

#1826 1 year ago

Avs sweep? That would be brutal! I would push my cash to the Avs winning series big time if you play sports betting

#1827 1 year ago

I like watching shesterkin ...FN Rangers.. move on from Hank to Shesterkin, Must be nice

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That game will have good goaltending, so I doubt we have a barn burner. Unless Tampa explodes tonight.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I like watching shesterkin ...FN Rangers.. move on from Hank to Shesterkin, Must be nice

He finished 15th in goaltending this year and with Tampa being the 8th overall team in goal scoring .... I dont see it low scoring at all, at least from Tampa's perspective.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

if you play sports betting

Thinking last nights game how the NHL and all of sports, at least here in the States, spent the last two decades distancing themselves from betting and now it's like every third commercial is about betting!

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:I like watching shesterkin ...FN Rangers.. move on from Hank to Shesterkin, Must be nice

I’m going w a 4-3 bolts victory tonight..

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I'm going with the fact that Shesterkin doesn't finish the game!

#1831 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Depends on Shesterkin play because Tampa best defense in the NHL? The kid could pull it off

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I'm going with the fact that Shesterkin doesn't finish the game!

Idk Mesz...I do think the Rangers may get stomped overall

#1833 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Idk Mesz...I do think the Rangers may get stomped overall

If the Rangers win it will be like the old Devils where they play that trap (boring) style hockey. Hoping this isn't the case as prefer to watch a good game. Thus far the first two rounds the Rangers were in weren't really exciting games to watch (yeah I am including the Pens).

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

If the Rangers win it will be like the old Devils where they play that trap (boring) style hockey. Hoping this isn't the case as prefer to watch a good game. Thus far the first two rounds the Rangers were in weren't really exciting games to watch (yeah I am including the Pens).

I can still appreciate a low scoring game..a shot/deflection can turn the game around. But I prefer a good old shootout, like last nights game. Any word about Kuemper and his injury?

#1835 1 year ago

Just can't see Rangers winning tonite...shit man could be wrong but I'm flipping some cash to Tampa win

#1836 1 year ago

My son and I are doing well on the sports Ontario betting and the OLG can kiss our asses

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I can still appreciate a low scoring game..a shot/deflection can turn the game around. But I prefer a good old shootout, like last nights game. Any word about Kuemper and his injury?

Oh so can I just not one where a team plays the trap the whole game.

#1838 1 year ago

Over under on Avs shots..40?

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Oh so can I just not one where a team plays the trap the whole game.

Traps the worst...and another offside

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Avs... over again I'm sure

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Im thinking under so you may want to go with over!

#1842 1 year ago

You must have attended Bacon University

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Im still trying to understand that no offside call?

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

and another offside

"The explanation for the decision essentially boils down to the fact that Makar was not in possession of the puck at the time his teammate (Valeri Nichushkin) tagged up to get back onside. The video review argued that Makar pushed the puck over the blue line from the neutral zone, then didn’t touch it again until his player was onside. Once everyone was, Makar was free to play the puck again and score the goal."

#1844 1 year ago

How do you play against the trap when you have 3 players in neutral zone and D just below the blueline waiting for you to dump the puck?

#1845 1 year ago

Goalies in the WCF last night be like.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

"The explanation for the decision essentially boils down to the fact that Makar was not in possession of the puck at the time his teammate (Valeri Nichushkin) tagged up to get back onside. The video review argued that Makar pushed the puck over the blue line from the neutral zone, then didn’t touch it again until his player was onside. Once everyone was, Makar was free to play the puck again and score the goal."

I guess it all hinges on how you define “possession.” I’m guessing most people would think Makar started possessing the puck in the neutral zone and continued being “in possession” as it crossed the blue line, regardless of when he thereafter touched it.

#1847 1 year ago

Maybe it’s not high sticking if you let go of the stick just before it reaches the opponent’s face because you weren’t in possession of the stick at the moment of contact.

#1848 1 year ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Goalies in the WCF last night be like.
[quoted image]

Hahaha!!!!!

#1849 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Koharski had a hard on against the Leafs and Devils.

#1850 1 year ago

So if a player not touching the puck is considered to not be in possession of it while skating with it.....would hitting him be inteference?

There are 5,651 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.