Screenshot_20240408_100247_theScore~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240407_172816_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240407_123954_Firefox.jpg
IMG_20240406_164630.jpg
NHL (resized).png
IMG_8998 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8967 (resized).png
20240323_163715~2.jpg
There are 5,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 109.
#1501 1 year ago

Well, my Panthers-as-champs bracket is dead. Wasn't really the greatest idea anyway.

I respect the Lightning, just a grinding, smart, playoff buzzsaw of a team, but for fuck's sake am I sick of them.

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

How do you determine intent?

I know it’s probably an impossible task, but the penalty was made to stop the old flip-it-in-the stands to get out of trouble. This one clearly looked incidental. Maybe the standard should be no penalty only when it is clearly incidental.

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I know it’s probably an impossible task, but the penalty was made to stop the old flip-it-in-the stands to get out of trouble. This one clearly looked incidental. Maybe the standard should be no penalty only when it is clearly incidental.

That would mean we give the refs even more leighway. I barely trust them to make the right calls now when it comes to penalties....imagine if we gave them the ability to penalize via intent to delay?

Would not be good in my opinion.

#1504 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

That would mean we give the refs even more leighway. I barely trust them to make the right calls now when it comes to penalties....imagine if we gave them the ability to penalize via intent to delay?
Would not be good in my opinion.

Good point. Some of those tripping calls can be questionable….

#1505 1 year ago

Tough stretch for the blues, but came back to make it 3-4 going into the 3rd, and it's chippy.

#1506 1 year ago

If Kadri gets a hat trick I will laugh.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

If Kadri gets a hat trick I will laugh.

Hahahaha! Takes out Binnington and gets a hat trick the next game.

I wonder if Binnington is going to chuck water bottles at Kadri again in the post game interview.

#1508 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hahahaha! Takes out Binnington and gets a hat trick the next game.
I wonder if Binnington is going to chuck water bottles at Kadri again in the post game interview.

I dont put it past Binner dropping the gloves with him next year.

#1510 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Me neither. Binnington has a temper, lol

I remember him going after the Sharks players and goalie when he got pulled last year.

#1511 1 year ago

Not all on Kadri imho... dman equally at fault for Binnington injury.

#1512 1 year ago

I don't think the hit on binnington was dirty, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

#1513 1 year ago

I really thought Florida would give Tampa more of a battle than they did, especially with Point out. Vasi was stellar though, and that was the biggest difference maker imo.

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Binny ain't dropping the gloves with anyone 1v1, he'll wait until 2 or 3 of his guys are in front of him before he starts with all his "badassery".

#1515 1 year ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Binny ain't dropping the gloves with anyone 1v1, he'll wait until 2 or 3 of his guys are in front of him before he starts with all his "badassery".

Yup...

Popsicle stick man

#1516 1 year ago

Or throw water bottles while they are being interviewed!
He had to have the thought, grab a bottle, then walk all the way out of his locker room to the interview, and still think it was a good idea to throw it! - what a coward!

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I don't think the hit on binnington was dirty, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Totally agree... as a Hab fan I still hate Kreider for taking out Price!

#1518 1 year ago

I dont agree with you there. Not sure when hes hid behind someone, but whatever. I didn't think the hit on him looked intentional, but now Kadri has taken out 1 of our guys 2 years in a row I really dislike that guy.

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I respect the Lightning, just a grinding, smart, playoff buzzsaw of a team

I’ve been thinking about that, maybe that’s the best way to have sustained success now. Are the days of star-studded dynasty teams over? I’m guessing that after the salary cap and expansion to where we are now, we may never see teams like the Islanders with Bossy, Trottier, Goring, Potvin, the Oilers with Gretzky, Messier, Kurri, Coffee, Fuhr, the Wings with Yzerman, Federov, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Hasek, the Habs with Shutt, Lafleur, Robinson, Dryden.

#1520 1 year ago

Is Kadri the new Claude Lemieux?

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Is Kadri the new Claude Lemieux?

No becasue that wasn't a cheap shot.

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No becasue that wasn't a cheap shot.

Yes that's true. But he sure is a pest like Claude.

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes that's true. But he sure is a pest like Claude.

Then he's the next Tom Wilson

#1524 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then he's the next Tom Wilson

A scrawnier Tom Wilson. Lol

#1525 1 year ago

The local classic rock radio station (K97) in the city has renamed itself Konnor 97.

Lol the hype is real around these parts.

20220523_175932.jpg20220523_175932.jpg
#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The local classic rock radio station (K97) in the city has renamed itself Konnor 97.
Lol the hype is real around these parts.
[quoted image]

He’s not called ‘Mc Jesus’ in oil country? Guess he needs a cup 1st

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Yea I hear that all time. But it's usually used sarcastically to make fun of Oiler fans.

#1528 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I don't see the Oilers beating the Avs or the Bolts so the Cup will elude McDavid this year! That's right ... Avs n Bolts in the finals. I just saved you all from wasting time watching the next round!

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

I don't see the Oilers beating the Avs or the Bolts so the Cup will elude McDavid this year! That's right ... Avs n Bolts in the finals. I just saved you all from wasting time watching the next round!

Sounds like a another jinx to me!!!

Bacon and Vic could use company

#1530 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sounds like a another jinx to me!!!
Bacon and Vic could use company

If I am wrong I'll buy all of ya a beer and dinner.

So Ranger/Canes game was pretty good....for the first 6 minutes!

(legal disclaimer: in order to take advantage of this offer of beer and dinner the recipients must be of age and appear at a bar of the posters choice in Santa Barbara, CA. by the end of 2022 during a snow storm)

#1531 1 year ago

Maybe Canes should just decline power plays?

(Didn’t take them long AFTER the PP to finally score)

#1532 1 year ago

Maybe Canes should just decline power plays?

A lot of time left. I’m not sure canes are done yet!

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

If I am wrong I'll buy all of ya a beer and dinner.
So Ranger/Canes game was pretty good....for the first 6 minutes!
(legal disclaimer: in order to take advantage of this offer of beer and dinner the recipients must be of age and appear at a bar of the posters choice in Santa Barbara, CA. by the end of 2022 during a snow storm)

It snows in the lake arrowhead/big bear area, does that count?! Santa Barbara is a lil classy for this cowboy

#1534 1 year ago

Wow, that Rangers goal is huge.

#1535 1 year ago

Wow, that Rangers goal is huge.

Yeah stick the fork in the Canes.

Good news is, an NHL game is about to start!

#1536 1 year ago

Hahahha Marksrtrom with the assist.

1-0 Oilers 21 seconds in.

#1537 1 year ago

Welp Calgary nice dress but you’re not going to the prom.

#1538 1 year ago

I got 20 bucks that says Colorado dresses Kurtis MacDermid in game 5. There's no way Bednar is gonna let David Perron skate around for a 2nd game head hunting Kadri all night.

#1539 1 year ago

And here we go.....

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

And here we go.....

Another 15 goal game coming??

#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Another 15 goal game coming??

Nah either 4-2 or 4-3 final

#1542 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Nah either 4-2 or 4-3 final

its-happening.gifits-happening.gif
#1543 1 year ago

or 5-3 .. what's an ENG!

#1544 1 year ago
20220525_065538.jpg20220525_065538.jpg
#1545 1 year ago

He may need a new flag for round 3!

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Bolts over Avs. Pretty much guaranteed at this point. Take out a second and bet the house. I think the fact that no one in Florida gives a rats ass about hockey relieves the bolts from any pressure. It’s the exact opposite for most of the Canadian teams, which is why they always seem to choke and under perform.

I know I said Kings and Northstars but they were big underdogs and I didn’t expect either to get out of the first round. Granted the Alberta teams really tried to choke it away. The Kings were completely spent 1 minute in to game 7. When Doughty got hurt at the end of the season it was over. I was amazed they won more than 1 game.

#1547 1 year ago

He may need a new flag for round 3!

Hey man, can't get rid of a winning flag!

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

True... it would be his fault if they went on a skid.

#1549 1 year ago

True... it would be his fault if they went on a skid.

Quoted from TheLaw:

By the looks of that flag it has seen a lot of losing games.

#1550 1 year ago

After last nights game I've concluded that the 'Battle of Alberta' should be renamed to the 'Battle of the Beer League Goalies.'

There are 5,406 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 109.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/31?hl=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.