winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
IMG_6348 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240419_083434_Firefox~2.jpg
san-jose-sharks-sad-san-jose-sharks.gif
There are 5,613 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 113.
#1251 1 year ago

Fun fact: This is the first game 7 in Edmonton in 32 years.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fun fact: This is the first game 7 in Edmonton in 32 years.

That’s crazy..confess that I’m not gonna watch that game 2nite, as the g friend n I are heading south for cheap groceries/gas.told her we can’t leave till the leafs/bolts games done..she said seriously..I said yes! It’s 2.27/litre at some spots, fn outrageous for gas! And I’m glad to see that the canes eliminated the bruins!

#1253 1 year ago

I wish Kerry Fraser was reffing tonight's game.

Says a lot about the refs these days.

#1254 1 year ago

The bacon jinx lives in infamy!

#1255 1 year ago

Toronto is the only city that the Leafs fall in Spring as opposed to the Fall!!

Bacon jinx LIVES!!!

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Toronto is the only city that the Leafs fall in Spring as opposed to the Fall!!
Bacon jinx LIVES!!!

I hope he has company with vic soon.

#1257 1 year ago

Wow, I was pulling for the Leafs to get out of the first round. Sorry, Toronto fans.

#1258 1 year ago

Sorry to Boston as well, wait …. nope never mind

#1259 1 year ago

The Vic jinx is nearly complete. Just need Calgary to win tomorrow. LOL

Lets go battle of Alberta baby!!!

#1260 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The bacon jinx lives in infamy!

I need to find out what bacon is going to say before games end and set my bracket accordingly next year.
2 for 3 on the people talking too soon.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Vic jinx is nearly complete. Just need Calgary to win tomorrow. LOL
Lets go battle of Alberta baby!!!

What a great series that would be To watch ...GO Calgary

#1262 1 year ago

Between NHL and NBA, four game sevens today, I wonder if that’s ever happened before.

#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Between NHL and NBA, four game sevens today, I wonder if that’s ever happened before.

We don't mention NBA in the NHL thread.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

We don't mention NBA in the NHL thread.

Okay. Then how about those Blue Bombers!

#1265 1 year ago

I don't feel bad for Toronto, I watched the opening of the game and you could clearly hear the Canadian fans booing and disrespecting the American National Anthem. It was loud and clear, too. I can't imagine one single American team (any of them) disrespecting the Canadian national anthem at an NHL Game. Zero class.

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I don't feel bad for Toronto, I watched the opening of the game and you could clearly hear the Canadian fans booing and disrespecting the American National Anthem. It was loud and clear, too. I can't imagine one single American team (any of them) disrespecting the Canadian national anthem at an NHL Game. Zero class.

So a guy from Philly wants to talk about sports fans keeping it classy?

#1267 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I hate that ..didn't hear it but I wasn't in 100% earshot of the anthem..even a spattering of boos is unacceptable. Most Canadians would take care of this in the stands away from the camera

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

So a guy from Philly wants to talk about sports fans keeping it classy?

Absolutely! Even Philly fans respect another countries anthem.... what does that say about Toronto??

Isn't Wesley Chapel near Tampa? So when the Toronto fans are crapping all over the anthem with your team on the ice, you're OK with it?

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Absolutely! Even Philly fans respect another countries anthem.... what does that say about Toronto??
Isn't Wesley Chapel near Tampa? So when the Toronto fans are crapping all over the anthem with your team on the ice, you're OK with it?

This whole thing is totally working with the Walter angle

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

It says there are yahoo's in every city. Doesn't mean the entire city is like that.

I could make sweeping generalizations about the city of Philadelphia when they pelted Santa clause with snowballs. But I don't.

#1271 1 year ago

Crosby & Jarry on the ice

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Absolutely! Even Philly fans respect another countries anthem...

The time Philly fans booed the Canadian nation anthem at the winter classic:
https://www.phillymag.com/news/2012/01/04/philly-sports-fans-boo-canadian-national-anthem-winter-classic/

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Crosby & Jarry on the ice

Let's go Pens! If they win they will bust many brackets!!

We already got the bacon jinx going.
Vic is working on a double jinx.
Law is working on a reverse jinx.

"You gotta love sports!"

Ql4U-p.gifQl4U-p.gif
#1274 1 year ago

LONG time ago. Why wouldn't the current fans that are respectful sing over the booing fans then? Doesn't change the disrespect shown now. If you google it, the Toronto fans booed the American National Anthem EVERY SINGLE GAME during round 1.

You can disrespect me as a fan and vice versa, disrespect my team... it's all part of sports. Some cites and fans are more passionate. But Disrespecting a country and National Anthem is beyond disrespecting a team.

Try and change the subject all you can (Philly, look at 2014, etc.). There's lot's of people that recognized it, not just me. You have to wonder how Toronto fans will be received in US Arenas. Wish they would try disrespecting the US national anthem in Philly.

#1276 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Let's go Pens! If they win they will bust many brackets!!
We already got the bacon jinx going.
Vic is working on a double jinx.
Law is working on a reverse jinx.
"You gotta love sports!"[quoted image]

Game is looking fast and furious so far. Hope the Pens can come back and win this one.

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When I came back from 'nam, there was no way we'd accept anyone disrespecting the flag...

Must be tough living in Tampa, watching your team get destroyed by an American team that's won the cup 2 years in a row! Looking back to 1968, thinking the heritage of your team equals some type of entitlement. Toronto didn't boo Tampa (or Philly, as you are trying to compare) they booed the United States and so much more. I would not defend Philly for disrespecting the national anthem of Canada.

And guess what? Say what you want about Philly... but it sure is apparent that Toronto fans are far worse and now carry the biggest douche tag over any North American fans now. So what you think of Philly fans now applies to Toronto fans in a bigger way. It's fresh and it was noticed.

All while Toronto cheered on the best players on their team that are from the USA- Matthews and Campbell. Ironic, isn't it.

#1278 1 year ago

Back to hockey..sorry leaf fans

ACD0BEDB-1949-4329-AE80-0184532AEAE4 (resized).jpegACD0BEDB-1949-4329-AE80-0184532AEAE4 (resized).jpeg
#1279 1 year ago

It was over if we did not score on that 4min power play but we did so let’s see what happens, Go Pens Go!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Back to hockey..sorry leaf fans
[quoted image]

Stamkos is originally from Toronto too.

Quoted from TheLaw:

And now a Nam reference! Nailing it!

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

When I came back from 'nam, there was no way we'd accept anyone disrespecting the flag...

You sure about that?

The practice of flag burning as a form of political protest emerged during the Vietnam Era, prompting nearly every state in the nation to invoke little-used provisions making it a crime to 'desecrate' the flag. It wasn't until 1989 that the Supreme Court decisively struck down such provisions on constitutional grounds in Texas v. Johnson

#1282 1 year ago

All this talk about Philly and they aren't even the playoffs. Lol

Back to playoff hockey folks!!

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

It was over if we did not score on that 4min power play but we did so let’s see what happens, Go Pens Go!
[quoted image]

Thank goodness for replay on that one. I’d like to blame the first goal on Jarry being rusty, but it was a hell of a play

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

All this talk about Philly and they aren't even the playoffs. Lol
Back to playoff hockey folks!!

Sorry, I get carried away sometimes. I’ll stop. Go Pens!

#1285 1 year ago

Watching the TBS feed for the Pens/Rangers game and they put up a digital bubble on the ice with a PP timer counting down. Not a big fan of that.

20220515_182325.jpg20220515_182325.jpg
#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Watching the TBS feed for the Pens/Rangers game and they put up a digital bubble on the ice with a PP timer counting down. Not a big fan of that.[quoted image]

Feels like the old days when Fox had the puck trails

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Feels like the old days when Fox had the puck trails

Don't get me started on that crap. Lol

e3de454e-1b43-4780-bff4-c0dd2b904fbd.jpge3de454e-1b43-4780-bff4-c0dd2b904fbd.jpghqdefault.jpghqdefault.jpg
#1288 1 year ago

2-1 pens!

That was close but a cool move to hackey sack the puck

#1289 1 year ago

Goal stands. That was very close. Coulda gone either way imo.

#1290 1 year ago

Tied up. What the crap

#1291 1 year ago

Roridgues!!!!

#1292 1 year ago

Redemption goal by Rodriguez. 3-2 Pens!

#1293 1 year ago

Damn tie game again

#1294 1 year ago

Madison Square Garden is probably registering on the Richter scale after that goal!

#1295 1 year ago

Might as well go to OT!

#1296 1 year ago

OT winner predictions

Carter for the Pens
Trouba for the Rangers

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

OT winner predictions
Carter for the Pens
Trouba for the Rangers

Guentzel for the flightless birds
Zibenezad for the blue shirts

#1298 1 year ago

Here we go, can the Pens kill this power play?

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Here we go, can the Pens kill this power play?

Nope.

#1300 1 year ago

Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 5,613 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.