20240226_193810.jpg
20240226_161451.jpg
20240226_161446.jpg
20240226_125342~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240224_194317_theScore~3.jpg
Screenshot_20240222_221844_theScore~2.jpg
1129780828-38029122.jpeg
90eeac31cdc4711f6543486ca260232e-475479658.jpg

There are 5,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 105.
#751 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You should apply for the Habs coaching job then. You have the most important requirement!

I drove through the island of Montreal in July and have no desire to return.

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I drove through the island of Montreal in July and have no desire to return.

I wouldn't go that far! One thing I've learned through the years is, every town/city/state/country has it's pros and cons. Once you've lived it a place for so long things become common nature. You grow not to appreciate them as you see it every day!

I've been to Toronto, Quebec, Sheerwood, Saint-Georges and a few others ... all had some great qualities to them, Tried to go to Calgary next month but all the restrictions we had to bail on the trip.

#753 2 years ago

Acting aside from Jarry, how the hell does Crosby, (or the entire Pens line on the ice for that matter) let Jarry get suckered and not do a thing about it? A captain like Landeskog would have fed Marchand his own teeth.

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Acting aside, how the hell does Crosby, (or the entire Pens line on the ice for that matter) let Jarry get suckered and not do a thing about it? A captain like Landeskog would have fed Marchand his own teeth.

Ironically this was a newspaper story today in Pittsburgh. I've been saying this for years. The Pens have NO ONE to "answer the bell". Almost all of them walk away when stuff like this happens and teams know this. When the Pens get into the playoffs all you have to do is take runs at the better players and no one does anything EXCEPT Crosby and Malkin, the two players you don't want getting involved.

Watching that video again and the only Pens player doing anything was LeTang. Guentzel went over and said something for which Marchand responded "what are you going to do" ... absolutely nothing!

Penguins are 23rd in size in the NHL but they have some big boys that do absolutely nothing when it comes to roughness.

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ironically this was a newspaper story today in Pittsburgh. I've been saying this for years. The Pens have NO ONE to "answer the bell". Almost all of them walk away when stuff like this happens and teams know this. When the Pens get into the playoffs all you have to do is take runs at the better players and no one does anything EXCEPT Crosby and Malkin, the two players you don't want getting involved.
Watching that video again and the only Pens player doing anything was LeTang. Guentzel went over and said something for which Marchand responded "what are you going to do" ... absolutely nothing!
Penguins are 23rd in size in the NHL but they have some big boys that do absolutely nothing when it comes to roughness.

You guys need Chiarot.... available on the cheap... Petry too.

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

The last time the Pens tried to beef up their lineup was the season after winning 2 cups. Strength has never won them cups, speed and skill has. As a Pens fan I'd rather have them concentrate on getting wins than gooning it up.

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from jumpyg1258:

The last time the Pens tried to beef up their lineup was the season after winning 2 cups. Strength has never won them cups, speed and skill has. As a Pens fan I'd rather have them concentrate on getting wins than gooning it up.

Not looking to "goon it up". Looking for someone to stand up when someone takes runs at the star players. Last few seasons all the other teams did in the playoffs was take runs at Malkin, Crosby, Guentzel and the only players willing to get physical was Malkin and Crosby. All others skated away.

Once you get physical with Malkin he's useless. He starts to take dump penalties. Rather have a player like a Reaves (just an example) doing the physical stuff and in the box as opposed to the likes of Malkin or Crosby!

#758 2 years ago

Pens have never had a goon. Lemieux had to fight for himself too. Graves broke his wrist that one year in the playoffs and he never got as much as a hard check after that.

Mesz is correct. To beat the pens, just take a run at crosby, Geno, or Letang….and they will lose their marbles to fight back. And then it’s over. They are off their game.

The whole Jarry/Marchand started earlier in the game during a commercial break. Jarry was behind his net with a puck on his stick, about to flip a souvenir to the crowd. That’s when Marchand hit Jarry’s stick and took the puck away, then threw it across the ice. Evan Rodriguez skated over to him and slashed him in the shin as he went by. Then in the waning seconds, jarry robbed Marchand point blank. After the whistle, you can see jarry turn his head and say something to Marchand, at which point Marchand went over and punched jarry in the side of the head, and the rest is history.

Love seeing Jarry get the best of Marchand … I bet hextall was loving it!!!!

D5ADB7BD-E518-48AC-9211-EA1E0E0C4217 (resized).jpegD5ADB7BD-E518-48AC-9211-EA1E0E0C4217 (resized).jpeg

#759 2 years ago

I consider Ulf Samuelsson a goon.

#760 2 years ago

Why is Ottawa arena so empty tonight? Covid restrictions?

#761 2 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Why is Ottawa arena so empty tonight? Covid restrictions?

Yes. I think they can only have 500 people in attendance as fans.

#762 2 years ago

Pens have never had a goon.

Dave Schultz
Jay Caufield
Georges Laraque
Eric Godard
Francois Leroux
Arron Asham

Just a few off the top of my head. None of the guys above were acquired by the pens for their goal scoring, play making or even bench warming capabilities!

#763 2 years ago

I stand corrected

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Yes. I think they can only have 500 people in attendance as fans.

Really? Are all NHL games in Canada that way?

#765 2 years ago

Depends where you are and what "science" is followed.

#766 2 years ago

It seems Canada has followed this pattern .... (seriously)

No fans at all (new strain is announced) They just came out of this last week I believe
500 fans for a bit
2500-5000 fans for aa bit
Full occupancy
New strain announced revert back to 0

This was the WHOLE reason there was a protest in Canada (bacon organized it) as season ticket holders had enough!

(Note: some aspects of the post writers embellishment is used)

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I speak French and take no offense. It's the truth.

You have the Newfie speak Norm?

#768 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You have the Newfie speak Norm?

I have worked with enough Newfs to fully understand the thickest of accents. Speaking it with the vernacular isn't as easy though.

There are some places in the maritimes that have some pretty wicked accents as well.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have worked with enough Newfs to fully understand the thickest of accents. Speaking it with the vernacular isn't as easy though.
There are some places in the maritimes that have some pretty wicked accents as well.

I like their accents..and screech too..

#770 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I like their accents..and screech too..

I was screeched in in 2000. Kissed the cod and everything.

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was screeched in in 2000. Kissed the cod and everything.

Lol..some their accents/words sound like a cross of drunken sailors that have been out to sea to long. Good people, at least the 1’s I’ve met over time

#772 2 years ago

Western conference

#773 2 years ago

Marchand is lucky to get six games. Could have easily been 10-12 games.

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Lol..some their accents/words sound like a cross of drunken sailors that have been out to sea to long. Good people, at least the 1’s I’ve met over time

Hahaha!! Would like to meet the rat lady!

Google rat lady from newfoundland..there she is!

#775 2 years ago

Hue can you please upload the newfoundland rat Lady! Reminds me of friend I know called of all names: Karen. Karen's mouth a little more potty.

#776 2 years ago

#777 2 years ago

Rockin one of my favourite T-shirts‘ for Rays bday party tonite Hue! Lol

642B07E6-9CB0-4932-A418-CC4E1EFD9CB4 (resized).jpeg642B07E6-9CB0-4932-A418-CC4E1EFD9CB4 (resized).jpeg
#778 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

You.. don’t root for the Coyotes? I know they may not be exciting but they are in your back yard!

Yes I do, I actually had season tickets for a few years and then switched to half season and still go to a few games, just wish that had a real owner sooner to build a team. I did go to all the playoffs games when they made it to Conference finals years ago. I have always been a pens fan since we lived in CA even when Gretzky was on the team could not be switched and originally from PA. Picked my team by the symbol when young and loved the penguins and of course super Mario and others.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Why would the habs hire St. Louis as an interim coach? Does he have any coaching experience?

One of my favorite players in that era and when we played PlayStation 2 tournaments in college, not sure how he will do as a coach

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Dave Schultz
Jay Caufield
Georges Laraque
Eric Godard
Francois Leroux
Arron Asham
Just a few off the top of my head. None of the guys above were acquired by the pens for their goal scoring, play making or even bench warming capabilities!

Always liked Ian Moran (he liked heavy metal songs would always noticed when on the bench in between breaks);and Kasparaitis were some older players that shook up some stuff from time to time

#781 2 years ago

Bad news for the Leafs....they scored 21 seconds into the game!

#782 2 years ago

oh yeah almost forgot we got a fiver on the game !

#783 2 years ago

pretty empty building tonight , the tickets were optional for season ticket holders for the next 2 home games , because of the %50 capacity , and i opted out , looks like i wasn't the only one !

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

pretty empty building tonight , the tickets were optional for season ticket holders for the next 2 home games , because of the %50 capacity , and i opted out , looks like i wasn't the only one !

You passed up seeing Sid??? ..Free oil change for the bacon.

#785 2 years ago

sid who ! it's all leafs tonight !

#786 2 years ago

Thx for comin out Pitt.

#787 2 years ago

Pittsburgh want their Mommy!!!

#788 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I consider Ulf Samuelsson a goon.

Samuelsson was not even close to a goon...he never fought. He was a RAT. Running around playing dirty but would never drop the mitts.

#789 2 years ago

leafs win , $5 bucks $5 bucks $5 bucks , sucker ! lol

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Samuelsson was not even close to a goon...he never fought. He was a RAT. Running around playing dirty but would never drop the mitts.

Yea you may be right. Cheap shop rat would be a better description for him.

#791 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

sid who ! it's all leafs tonight !

I saw the first period, then had to make a decision of game or going out for few beers. Apparently I made the right choice!

Quoted from luch:

It's coming ...... Robin's way!

Quoted from bouche03:

Agree, they should have an Ulf trophy for this. Marchand would win it every year!

#792 2 years ago

biggest rat of all time by far Ken Linesman !

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

biggest rat of all time by far Ken Linesman !

Yeah if you're going to have the Rat trophy Linesman would be the one to name it after!

Also, going forward bets on games have gone up to 10$ ..... Pinside no longer will accept donations under 10$.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

thanks for the donation in my name , as always i'll let you bet again , when Pizzaburg plays the Loafs again

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah if you're going to have the Rat trophy Linesman would be the one to name it after!
Also, going forward bets on games have gone up to 10$ ..... Pinside no longer will accept donations under 10$.

nice so it was a Tenner ! beauty eh !

#796 2 years ago

Please Leafs make a deal with Kessel to make up for letting Marchmant jr. Go. DUBAS YOU ARE FIRED.

#797 2 years ago

Sorry delete..have a few and pissy

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from bouche03:

Just ask Don Cherry or Cam Neely
Kaperistas and vlad the impaler toughest Russians of all time and would be a pleasure to coach on a team.

#799 2 years ago

Watching The Pens trying to tie it up against Canes, giving up early goals in 2nd and 3rd periods, Jarry had great saves to keep them in the game, not enough shots today for the pens

#800 2 years ago

Dubas makes deals with Arizona ..the lost and found of the NHL

There are 5,239 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 105.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.