20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
IMG_6348 (resized).jpeg
There are 5,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 113.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I concur. 3-1 leafs.

Have the over 5.5 goals as well.

#452 2 years ago

She's getting ugly Normy..because I have Covid and shit myself twice today, I'm double fisting.

16392600547135867897061872003938 (resized).jpg16392600547135867897061872003938 (resized).jpg
#453 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

She's getting ugly Normy..because I have Covid and shit myself twice today, I'm double fisting.
[quoted image]

You got covid? I hope you get better soon buddy.

I just came in from a run and cracked a beer in the shower. Moving onto the vodka later. Playing catchup with you! (Minus the shitting myself part)

#454 2 years ago

Hue.. I'm title liquored up and feeling lovey dovey.
Can you please upload the terell owens "that's my quarterback press conference"? As a Christmas present to the thread?

#455 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Hue.. I'm title liquored up and feeling lovey dovey.
Can you please upload the terell owens "that's my quarterback press conference"? As a Christmas present to the thread?

Random. Lol
But yes I can.

58ntyz.gif58ntyz.gif
#456 2 years ago

Thx buddy! Merry Christmas

#457 2 years ago

Snacks ready.

20211211_173808 (resized).jpg20211211_173808 (resized).jpg
#458 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Especially if they continue playing like last night. Holy shit, I took out the trash at 10min of 1st period, it was tied 1-1, came in 5 min later it was 4-1 Avs. WTF

Colorado hung 7 on Philly, also 7 on the Rangers and 7 on the Red Wings since then. Landy and Co. are an offensive dynamo scoring 76 goals in their last 14 games. The problem is that they'll have to keep putting up those numbers nightly with Kuemper and Johansson as their goalie tandem. If Francouz can get healthy rehabbing with the Eagles and make it back to the Avs main roster, it's gonna be their cup to win this season.

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Colorado hung 7 on Philly, also 7 on the Rangers and 7 on the Red Wings since then. Landy and Co. are an offensive dynamo scoring 76 goals in their last 14 games. The problem is that they'll have to keep putting up those numbers nightly with Kuemper and Johansson as their goalie tandem. If Francouz can get healthy rehabbing with the Eagles and make it back to the Avs main roster, it's gonna be their cup to win this season.

The Avs are definitely a talented and fun team, but they hung 7 on the Rangers when they were playing their 4th string goalie who's AHL numbers are even the pits, and the team played the night before in a different time zone. That was a "give up" game for them. They play in Colorado this week so I'd like to see what a better rested NYR can do (especially K'Andre Miller, that guy was a statue vs. the Avs), particularly if they have Shesterkin back by then, but that's looking unlikely right now.

#460 2 years ago

already 3-1 leafs !

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

already 3-1 leafs !

Called it! Just call the game already. No need for the remaining 2 periods.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Called it! Just call the game already. No need for the remaining 2 periods.

Could be 3-1 leaf’s with 30 seconds left in the game and they could still lose.

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Could be 3-1 leaf’s with 30 seconds left in the game and they could still lose.

Unbelievable! It's like you've seen this happen to them before, lol.

That's why I wanted the game called after the 1st period.

#464 2 years ago

5-4 Hawks

#465 2 years ago

you mean 5-4 leafs !

#466 2 years ago

I'll take that lucky bounce thank you very much!

#467 2 years ago

not a good game for Mrazek !

#468 2 years ago

Blah. Leafs deserved to lose that one. Lucky bounce though

#469 2 years ago

Gotta love the Vegas Golden Knights !

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from bjab:

Gotta love the Vegas Golden Knights !

No

#472 2 years ago

This guy is a fn stud, and should be considered to play on the USA Olympic team

6878D912-DD03-42E4-8D67-314B6E7C3202 (resized).jpeg6878D912-DD03-42E4-8D67-314B6E7C3202 (resized).jpeg

#473 2 years ago

I'm not as happy with the new ESPN subscription compared to the NHL subscription as in the past.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Happy w the last 2 games w Boudreau behind the bench for the last 2 games..he’s a funny guy, and has brought a breath of fresh air to the town. Think I’m happy w the signing of Jim Rutherford as president today. Guy has lots of experience, and 3 cups to his resume. Hopefully he brings in a good gm to town here in Vancouver..

Hopefully he goes out and gets Zucker from Pittsburgh. He really likes that guy, and its already time for a change of scenery for the Zuc!

#475 2 years ago
Quoted from bjab:

I'm not as happy with the new ESPN subscription compared to the NHL subscription as in the past.

ESPN only wanted to drive more revenue for themselves by forcing fans to buy the ESPN+ app/package.

ESPN app BLOWS compared to NHL app. When joining a game in progress, there is no way to have the game scores hidden. (maybe there is a way, but I havent found it yet). Used to get the pregame and postgame local shows. ESPN? No dice. The players are all Bettman's bitches....he's doing same thing he did to NBA. Sanitize and commercialize. ESPN is sinister

#476 2 years ago

To be honest I don't listen or watch the talking heads anymore. (ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet, etc)

I just tune into the game. Mute the TV between periods and ignore all the analysis and prognostications pre and post game.

Too many hot takes for the purpose of ratings.

#477 2 years ago
To be honest I don't listen or watch the talking heads anymore. (ESPN, TSN, Sportsnet, etc)
I just tune into the game. Mute the TV between periods and ignore all the analysis and prognostications pre and post game.
Too many hot takes for the purpose of ratings.

It's not even a matter of listening. The thing that gets me is the NHL was making an ordeal out of going back to ESPN. ESPN is televising very few games here in the States and when they do it's only games at 10pm (West coast) games. Stephen A. Smith is ESPNs biggest name and he does not talk hockey whatsoever on his show.

NBC Sports use to have Two for Tuesday (game at 7 and 10PM) and Wednesday Rivalry where they showcased some of the bigger matchups in primetime. ESPN shows Wrestling in primetime!

I am with ya on the not listening to all the banter. I have a stream service that broadcast in HD/4K and when the broadcast goes to commercial or in between periods I just see a screen with the NHL logo and the words "commercial break".

#478 2 years ago

The site I use to stream has the same thing. Goes silent during commercial breaks and has video clips with the ice being prepped by the ice pros.

The only time I watch on TV is if the CBC or TSN (owned by ESPN) carries the game.

#479 2 years ago

Leafs just laying waste to the Oilers.

Matthew's has the best release in hockey. It's crazy.

#480 2 years ago

McDavid who?

#481 2 years ago

Being reported that NHL will be suspending the season. Also, pulling out of the Olympics is more than likely.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Being reported that NHL will be suspending the season. Also, pulling out of the Olympics is more than likely.

Where are you seeing the NHL season will be suspended? I see they are considering withdrawing from Olympics but according to Chicago’s the Athletic, NHL season is not yet under consideration for any postponement

55055551-FE22-4792-8EA8-19DAEA38CF5A (resized).png55055551-FE22-4792-8EA8-19DAEA38CF5A (resized).png
#483 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Leaf fans: "the Leafs are first in the league!"
League: "the season is suspended"

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Where are you seeing the NHL season will be suspended? I see they are considering withdrawing from Olympics but according to Chicago’s the Athletic, NHL season is not yet under consideration for any postponement
[quoted image]

Actually saw it on TSN late last night. They stated that the Olympics were not going to happen especially with the latest announcement that anyone that test positive for CoVID while at the Olympics will be required to remain in the country for 5 weeks. TSN then went on to say the NHL held meeting late yesterday to discuss suspending the season if the cases continue to rise.

#485 2 years ago

Forget China with their impressive human rights resume and the current times.
Stay home NHL

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Actually saw it on TSN late last night. They stated that the Olympics were not going to happen especially with the latest announcement that anyone that test positive for CoVID while at the Olympics will be required to remain in the country for 5 weeks. TSN then went on to say the NHL held meeting late yesterday to discuss suspending the season if the cases continue to rise.

Hopefully they don’t, I have airfare and a non refundable hotel along with tickets to MTL vs CHI and ANA vs CHI in about 1 month.

And due to Covid, the last game I was able to attend was in December of 2018. I hadn’t missed a year of going to at least 1 game since 2013

281F6A38-93DD-43D0-9886-728F0CE4DE1B (resized).jpeg281F6A38-93DD-43D0-9886-728F0CE4DE1B (resized).jpeg
#487 2 years ago

I would pay three times the cost of monthly Espn plus subscription to have my old NHL app package back

#488 2 years ago

Paul Maurice resigns as Jets head coach effective immediately. Watching the press conference now and he looks beaten down mentally. Looks like a sudden retirement.

#489 2 years ago

Spezza suspension reduced to 4 games.

Tavares and Kerfoot on Covid protocol. Habs/Bruins game postponed.

#490 2 years ago

Russian Machine Never Breaks

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Spezza suspension reduced to 4 games.
Tavares and Kerfoot on Covid protocol. Habs/Bruins game postponed.

Just cancel the season. Do the draft lottery with current odds. Habs grab #1 Shane Wright and we can start again next year.

#492 2 years ago

Leafs games postponed this weekend. 1/3 of NHL teams have games postponed today.

Not looking good.

Screenshot_20211218-133950_theScore.jpgScreenshot_20211218-133950_theScore.jpg
#493 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Leafs games postponed this weekend. 1/3 of NHL teams have games postponed today.
Not looking good.
[quoted image]

It’s a mess again

#494 2 years ago

Well, if folks thought the scene the other night in the NFL was bad news, don't turn on the Stars/Hawks game or highlights later. At least the announcers handled it better than Joe Buck.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Well, if folks thought the scene the other night in the NFL was bad news, don't turn on the Stars/Hawks game or highlights later. At least the announcers handled it better than Joe Buck.

Can you elaborate? I didn't watch NFL game.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Dallas player taken off the ice on a stretcher.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Joe Buck suggested the dude was shaking because it was chilly for an LA night, not because he had smacked his head and suffered brain trauma.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Joe Buck suggested the dude was shaking because it was chilly for an LA night, not because he had smacked his head and suffered brain trauma.

Media types have lost their marbles!

#499 2 years ago

NHL season has been "paused" from Dec 22-26th.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

NHL season has been "paused" from Dec 22-26th.

Technically 22-23 as there were no games scheduled for the 24-26th to begin with. But, this is only the beginning.

There are 5,643 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 113.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.