3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

The amazing 3D printed and decorated Twilight Zone pinball machine kind! This ornament is fantastic, excellent details, apparently an officially licensed product to boot. ***Stay tuned to the end of this post, to see what became of this ornament.*** Next up, #7:

That is awesome!!!

1 week later
#341 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

I will let the photos tell the story.

That Twilight Zone piece is incredible. Big congrats. Amazing package.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I think shipping alone for the gifts that I sent eclipsed the $50 mark this year

Yep, the shipping alone on what I sent was over the $30 threshold as well.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

so I will probably have to start including that or up the base value.

Given the crazy and wonderful gifts so many of these generous Pinsiders have made this year, you should absolutely up the price to play poker in 2022. Also, you might consider running two price entry points, one at a lower buy in for those folks on a budget and then the premium line. No cap for gifts in either line (tis the season after all) but if you enter the premium line you are committed to a higher figure. Just a thought.

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

My thoughts on your thoughts for what they're worth. I appreciate where you're coming from and I agree given what people gift maybe the minimum should be bumped. However, the idea of a tiered system seems to take away from the true Spirit of giving which makes this such a special event each year. Personally I'd be happy with a pinball themed coffee mug if that's what my SS is comfortable sharing. That said ,would I be happier with a nib pin,of course. It just seems to me if you have a tiered system then you participate on the higher level in hopes of a bigger payout, then it becomes more about what you might receive rather than what you give. This is only my second year participating, but I upped my game from last year after seeing all the wonderful things and thought that people put into their gifts. Now that has come back to bite me in the ass as my Santee has received their gift but elected to wait until Christmas to open it. Now I have to patiently wait until Christmas to see their reaction,and their reaction is the reason I'm participating. Anyway, not dissing your opinion just sharing mine. Happy holidays to all the participants and the lurkers that seem to enjoy this thread quite a bit also. And once again hats off to John for making this happen.

I understand your point and do not necessarily disagree. Really just kicking out the thought as some modifications may be necessary at some point to this program. Just increasing the floor would be good and clarifying that it doesn’t include shipping would be good. I appreciate you taking the time to give a thoughtful response rather than just issue some virtue signaling statement that is of little value.

This program has been so crazy successful - John has done incredible - that the scammers that are active on this site will find the program eventually. That could be handled in a few different ways, though likely will entail a small barrier of some kind to first time participants (ie limit new participants to some criteria if they did not participate in prior years such as minimum years on the site thresholds or something).

Anyway, I really enjoyed buying the presents for my gifting target this year. Was fun digging around about them and trying to find things they would like. Looking forward to seeing their feedback.

1 week later
#669 2 years ago

Thank you Pinside Secret Santa for the cool poster. The TNA cassette is super cool, I know Scott pretty well but I did not have this cassette and firmly believe TNA to be the best sound track in pinball. I had wanted this item for awhile and really appreciate it. The extra plastics for my TZ will come in very handy too and I think I see John Borg’s signature on that TWD plastic. I am a big fan of Spooky and the cozy from them is great.

The five heavily used and faded Tilt key chain plastics were hysterical, my guess is we’ve actually played pinball together at a show or something and I tilted a bunch, I do do that from time to time.

Anyway, cheers to you and your family PSS and thank you for putting a smile on my face. EFB46927-2D0B-4D6C-8C4F-BB4D3537B9A3 (resized).jpegEFB46927-2D0B-4D6C-8C4F-BB4D3537B9A3 (resized).jpegA5838577-83D5-4A56-B783-1A31D0E55652 (resized).jpegA5838577-83D5-4A56-B783-1A31D0E55652 (resized).jpeg

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

ow- A beautiful 3d shadowbox showed up today based on Haunted House!!! Thank you so much for this generous and creative gift!!!
I will post another photo or two when it is hanging on the way next week.
Merry Christmas Everyone

Oh wow! That might be the coolest thing I’ve seen yet. Where did that come from? (Other than the North Pole, of course).

#707 2 years ago

Thank you a second time to my Pinside Secret Santa. He noticed I was unaware the key chains had plastic covers and made sure to get that key data to me. They are awesome and I needed them! I’m installing them on all my machines now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.