3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

Let's get weird.

Well, not TOO weird.. on that note, anyone knows how long frozen chinchilla meat will keep once put in the mail? Asking for a friend..

#17 2 years ago

Whoever gets @northvibe, some great gift ideas.. you're welcome!
95cb5261-ab47-4ee0-8a6f-564a182bd030 (resized).jpeg95cb5261-ab47-4ee0-8a6f-564a182bd030 (resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I’ve been reading the Pinside Secret Santa threads from a far for years. I am super excited to finally be in the game!! Let’s go!!! Who said Christmas is only for kids!! I cannot wait to spoil my Pinside Secret Santa child rotten!

Quoted from NovaCade:

Nothing beats Christmas like a Chainsaw hand and a boomstick!

Studies show that 72% of Evil Dead fans watch Hallmark movies?!!
https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/1458185304691523584?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

..then again, I'm soooo watching this Hallmark flick November 13!! Maybe it ends with Ash Williams mixing it up with some sort of Evil Santa..! I can almost hear the Hallmark fanbase cancelling their subscriptions!!

FDyDzcKVEAIy0y- (resized).jpgFDyDzcKVEAIy0y- (resized).jpg
#38 2 years ago
5tycqj (resized).jpg5tycqj (resized).jpg
#47 2 years ago
NASA-SpaceX-Crew-2-Liftoff.gifNASA-SpaceX-Crew-2-Liftoff.gif
#53 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Just got my email. Updated my collection too.

Same here! I had totally forgotten about updating collection. Currently stalking my santee, lol, best part!

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Actually, I’m scouting out an inflatable nativity scene. Who wouldn’t want one?

Giving me such a great idea..! hard part will be to gift wrap it!
236-in-use-01 (resized).png236-in-use-01 (resized).png

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

The suspense was killing me as I read through the email and then...
Your Secret Santa is...
Pinsider: Mtg381

I'll try to keep it a secret but I got myself a Godzilla Premium!!

I can sacrifice myself and be your Santee if you want!

#99 2 years ago

I froze mine before putting it in the box, stays fresh longer! Gotta admit though, that little critter looked cute as hell with his scarf and mittens!

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

I think that last year's global lock downs made the anticipation of SS project even greater. There is not much of acvitvity in the thread this year, so far. Of course it might just be too early yet.

Dunno about the lack of activity, myself I've been too busy stalking!! Also, seems I just can't make up my mind about what to get, I picked up so many great ideas along the way.. my Santee sure is interesting! Lol

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from Spectreman:

Just an update to confirm that I have already received my package from my extremely prompt secret Santa. Thanks Santa!
I am trying to be patient and wait until Christmas to open this box, but we will see what happens. Mysterious box opening accidents happen every day. I will share a picture once the box somehow gets opened.

Resist, or try to! The waiting/guessing game can be quite fun. Unless the darn box starts to move or something!

#140 2 years ago
1obgi0bocnzz (resized).jpg1obgi0bocnzz (resized).jpg
#145 2 years ago

Still looking for something extra.. if someone knows where I can find an adult size pinball onesie, please hit me up! Not only will my Santee thank you in advance, but I'm sure he'll appreciate this during those warm summer nights at the local arcade joint!

Screenshot_20211126-190456_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211126-190456_Chrome (resized).jpg
#173 2 years ago

Woah, wait..! If Petie423 received a Godzilla banner, a T-shirt and a game room rubber mat (which are the best to have, actually!), then those gifts are just fantastic!

But if someone also dropped a NIB Godzilla Pro, then I'm pretty much in awe and speachless..! Somebody pinch me! Lol

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Petie423:

Yes, answer to answer everyone's question, I got a NIB Godzilla and I still cannot believe it, I am just completely blown away

That's AMAZING! Congrats to you and your Secret Santa. What a great gift!! Godzilla Pro is simply just a 'wow' game and opening a Stern NIB is a just fantastic.. wow, just wow!

I guess I'll throw in a second chinchilla into the box before sending it

Edited: Secret Santa, you've hit this WAY out the ballpark and you continuously help restore my faith in just how generous people can be!

#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I knew I should not have mailed my gift so soon. I would have gone in for 3 chinchillas now. Hmm, never to late!

If you've put in a male and female, it should have worked out by the time your gift gets there! Hopefully, your Santee will get more than 3!!

Myself, I'm just waiting to see who will be the lucky Santee receiving what balt has crocheted this year

#247 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Buckle up, ladies and gents. This one's going to be a long one -- and rightfully so, because my Secret Santa clearly went the extra mile to make this special, fun, and personal, and Santa deserves to be recognized.
I received a shipping notification from UPS late last week regarding a package en route from a company I didn't recognize. I wondered if it might be my Pinside SS already ... and a few days later, a sizable package arrived!
[quoted image]
I knew I was in for a treat when I noticed Santa even used the reference number field to include "HO HO HO":
[quoted image]
Then the packing list enclosure caught my eye -- because I could see through the paper that it looked it had lines of printed text:
[quoted image]
Sure enough, I extricated the paper and found it was indeed a letter from Santa, containing clues about my TWELVE gifts!
[quoted image]
Knowing there was no way I could wait til Christmas, I convinced myself to at least wait until the wife & kids were available so we could open them together and make it a family affair. We opened up the box to find a smorgasbord of presents:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As instructed, we identified Gift #1 ... we found it odd that it wasn't wrapped like all the others -- it was a pet store take-home carrier box:
[quoted image]
I paused and took this moment to explain to my family about the running joke in Pinside Secret Santa regarding Chinchillas, assuming this box MUST be a reference to that. Everyone was glad I explained this, because then we opened it up and:
[quoted image]
Perfectly played, Santa, this was hilarious and I love the shirt! Very fitting considering the family recently played the new Godzilla game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next up... Gift #2 in a Santa box:
[quoted image]
The clue was "Use caution what you pick next." We discussed this around the table and decided it was either something caution-striped themed (for our Data East Jurassic Park), or it was a set of tool picks. Our second guess was correct:
[quoted image]
On to Gift #3, in fun Marvel superhero paper:
[quoted image]
The clue here was, "Even our furry friends can join the fun." We had to assume it was some sort of toys for our pets, though we found this somewhat confusing, unsure how Santa knew we had pets.
[quoted image]
Sure enough, it was a batch of wonderful cat toys! And then I realized my Santa had REALLY been doing his/her homework. (Will use "he/his" hereafter merely for probability's sake.) He must have been digging into my Pinside activity and found that we had a cat, either from a few pictures I'd posted, or from this recent story about how this cat had gotten trapped inside our Swords of Fury: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/67#post-6451134
Now ... as it turns out this was an even more poignant gift than Santa had probably realized or intended. This cat -- who the family loves dearly -- has been with us for 16 years. He was orphaned as a tiny kitten, and we raised him -- milk bottles and all. He was the first co-pet my wife and I had together. He's older than our kids. In fact, it dawned on me recently that he's known ALL the other pets we've had over the years -- including three dogs and three other cats. Age and kidney problems were finally catching up with him, though, and he passed away on Halloween this year. (Worse yet, I wasn't even there because I was up at Pinball Expo as a vendor. Thankfully the family was with him until the end, though.) Here he is, our wonderful Gryphon, my Lionman forever. I've printed this picture and it hangs above our Swords of Fury:
[quoted image]
Painfully sad as Gryphon's death was (my 7-year-old son was particularly devastated, as we expected he would be), Santa's gift here still has a happy ending. In recent months, we recognized Gryphon was on limited time -- so given the kids' love of cats and to help soften the blow a little, a few weeks prior to Gryphon's passing we adopted another kitten .... Pinside, meet Rocket!
[quoted image]
So Rocket is taking FULL advantage of these excellent new toys in full rambunctious kitten style -- more than Gryphon ever would have. So thank you Santa, for this thoughtful gift that allowed me to share our furry friends' stories.
Next up was Gift #4:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Sock it to me!" Of course, this one had to be socks:
[quoted image]
Ding ding ding! We were on a roll. Next, Gift #5:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Hope you find this one illuminating." My daughter nailed this one, "It has to be light bulbs!" she said.
[quoted image]
Right she was -- four packs of Comet LEDs, always important to have on hand for whatever machine we shop out next! On to #6:
[quoted image]
Clue: "This one is made to hang around." Given the season, we reached a consensus that it must be an ornament....but what kind?
[quoted image]
The amazing 3D printed and decorated Twilight Zone pinball machine kind! This ornament is fantastic, excellent details, apparently an officially licensed product to boot. ***Stay tuned to the end of this post, to see what became of this ornament.*** Next up, #7:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Do you have a magnetic personality?" I guessed it had to be one of those magnetic retrieval tools -- we all need these and yet they're easy to misplace.
[quoted image]
I was partially correct -- a retrieval tool AND a magnetic bowl so I don't lose small parts and tools! Now, onto #8:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Hopefully this is self exPLANEatory." This one stumped us. Obviously it had something to do with a plane, but we didn't know what kind or why.
[quoted image]
It turned out to be a super cool keychain made from the skin of a retired 747! Again, this was more proof that my Santa had done his research -- I have posts here on Pinside where I've talked a little about my career; I work in the aerospace industry, including the Space Shuttle (9 years), Piper Aircraft (3 years), Space Launch System / Artemis rocket (3 years), and the Atlas V rocket (3 years). So this was a definitely win by Santa; I've never even seen these before.
Onto #9:
[quoted image]
This clue was somewhat more cryptic: "This might be fit for a King, or you could shuttle it off elsewhere." The "King" part really threw us -- particularly with the capital K, so we ventured a guess that it was something to do with the Space Shuttle, either in reference to my career or the pinball machine (which we own).
[quoted image]
An RBF keychain! Makes perfect sense for Space Shuttle, but we were still stumped on the King part. We did figure this out eventually after Gift #12 though, so I'll circle back to this shortly. Now for #10:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Don't forget and leaf these in the toolbox." Great clue -- but I was onto Santa this time ... a tool of some kind, and the likely-intentional misspelling of "leave" as "leaf"? Must be leaf switch adjusters!
[quoted image]
PERFECT timing on this one, Santa, because I'd recently misplaced my only one and really needed to replace it! Next, #11:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Now you've finally grasped it!" We weren't really sure -- my daughter guessed a clamp of some kind.
[quoted image]
We were wrong -- it was a handy bulb grasper! We haven't used one of these despite all the games we've shopped, so we're looking forward to trying these out!
And now ... finally ... the grand finale -- Gift #12:
[quoted image]
The clue: "We always remember our first, topper?" Another somewhat cryptic clue, but obviously a topper was coming into play here.
[quoted image]
It's a custom street sign, labeled as Sky Kings Drive! Now the rest of the clue was clear. Again, Santa did his research -- either through my posts, my collection info, or maybe he even watched my Rocket City Pinball seminar(s), he deduced that Sky Kings was the first game I got when I started my own collection back in 2015. Circling back to Gift #9, now we understood the King-with-a-capital-K reference -- because a Remove Before Flight tag would work just as well on Sky Kings (airplane/skydiving theme) as it would on Space Shuttle.
I still have Sky Kings -- it's over at my parents' house right now, actually, because I ran out of room and my dad loves it -- so I had to swing by to install it and get some nice photos. Thankfully, Santa included some mounting components as well.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
As you can see, the sign is of very high quality manufacture, with reflective properties and all!
So, I have to give a HUUUUUUGE thanks to my Secret Santa. You clearly embraced this activity and dug deep to give thoughtful gifts and to make it enjoyable. My family had a wonderful time trying to solve your clues and opening all the gifts together -- we opened three each -- so you absolutely nailed the spirit of the season and made this so memorable. We're truly thankful for your generosity and effort! I hope you've enjoyed my retelling of our fun evening and have been experiencing a bloom of satisfaction that comes with giving. THANK YOU SANTA, we absolutely appreciate all you've done for us, and I hope I've been able to adequately express it here with this post.
Oh and one more thing ... remember I mentioned something interesting became of the pinball ornament? I recently saw a picture where someone snuck a Yoda figure into their parents' nativity scene, commenting how they hadn't noticed yet. I found this amusingly inspiring ... so while I was at my parents' house installing the topper on Sky Kings, I snuck over to my mom's curio cabinet where she collects those Parade of Cows figures ... and I snuck the pinball machine in there among them. I'm playing the long game on this one -- I plan to wait this one out and see how long it takes for her to notice that it's in there, lol ... once she finally does, it'll find a permanent/recurring home on our annual Christmas tree!
[quoted image]

This is more than awesome, it's grand..! Congrats Secret Santa, just brilliant and inspiring!

#256 2 years ago

I officially apologize in advance if my stuff is not as well thought out as what I've seen so far from other Secret Santa's! I'm just a peasant here, lol

#267 2 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

No way!! Jeff Goldblum coloring book! this is true test of friendship-guaranteed to spark conversation and those that don’t like this don’t need to be my friends anymore-
Thank you so much Secret Santa!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Actually, Jeff Goldblum is one of my favorite actor, him and Donald Sutherland.. makes us friends for life!

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Perfect for my son, but if the toilet bowl is any indication, I think he would miss the plant completely.

$8.95 at Walmart! So that he can fine tune his aiming skills! (Bonus, there's a glow-in-the-dark version for nightime missions )

9d584aba-58f3-46d7-815d-ad4bd8659894_1.ba37349031d39f71c820dd41c9118156 (resized).jpeg9d584aba-58f3-46d7-815d-ad4bd8659894_1.ba37349031d39f71c820dd41c9118156 (resized).jpeg
#288 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

damn quick shipping service by usps but oops i guess i messed up by including my pinside name!
enjoy them , i hope they look good on your games and in your game room!
the pleasure was mine jeremy!

How difficult was it to put those puppies into that box?

#299 2 years ago
Quoted from acitti:

The final item pulled from the box was a mint condition Stern Star Wars playfield. I collect older playfields and hang them up on the walls in my shop, most of them are well used or damaged in some way but this playfield is BEAUTIFUL!! I almost feel bad hanging it up but it will look amazing with the 20 or so other playfields I have hung up

That Star Wars playfield looks AMAZING! GJ Secret Santa - The Force is strong with that one!

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

There is a special exotic breed of chinchilla that has a very delicate immune system and must be handled carefully. Just a guess.

Time to share a link to some Cajun Chinch Stew! You're welcome!
http://www.meathenge.com/2007/04/meathenges_caju/

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

This is my third year. It ain’t broke; don’t fix it.

Agreed, Pinside Secret Santa is great the way it is!

ChichMeme2 (resized).jpgChichMeme2 (resized).jpg
#472 2 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

Received a package this morning clearly indicating it was my SS Gift.
My daughter is an adult now and the family stopped exchanging gifts. I am going to wait and open this on Christmas so I can act like I am 10 again!?! Just looking at the bus has me super excited!
Thanks so much secret Santa. I’ll post the gifts when I open.
Note: since the USPS is always so careful, I assume the hole in the box (right in the middle of the Fragile sticker I might add) is to allow air for Chinzilla!! [quoted image][quoted image]

The safe course would be to check inside.. you never know if there's enough air! Then again, a Kaiju eats chinchs (Kaijus eat and destroy anything, really!), so it probably won't matter!

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

Hi All
A follow up from Friday secret Santa 1.1
(Thanks again Santa). A few pics from great seats!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Such a fun, fun gift! And what's not to like, both Star Wars and my home team.!! I sincerely hope your guys will win this to make it a perfect night, but I have to say: Go Habs, Go! Lol

#511 2 years ago

Looks like it's going to be your night! Habs would do better with a couple of chinchillas on the ice!

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from JackG:

Love this thread and wish I would have seen it before it started. Does everyone reveal their identity as Secret Santa or does it stay secret?

Like Fezmid said, it's a secret and why it's called Secret Santa

Actually, it does happen that someone will guess from reading the posts or figure it out because of how unique the gift is. However, SS typically sends the gift package anonymously, making sure neither their name nor Pinside avatar appear on the gift.

Now, back to enjoying the very best thread on Pinside!

#528 2 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Just got my secret santa box today and all were nicely wrapped but I just had to tear into them all Great mix of gifts super thanks to my pinside secret santa. Can't wait to try the salsa
[quoted image]

Cool Topps card! What's the blanket?

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from balt:

Dear Santa, thank you for all the fantastic Pintastic swag and generous Home Depot gift card! Merry Christmas everyone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great gifts! @balt, what you could do is use the Home Depot card to get yourself that Gnome with Crochet Hat you've always wanted!! You're welcome!!!

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Northlight-18-75-Gray-and-Red-Santa-Gnome-with-Tall-Crochet-Hat-Christmas-Decoration-33530875/311703023?

Screenshot_20211217-095351_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211217-095351_Chrome (resized).jpg
#598 2 years ago

Stop the press!!!!!!!!

A heavy box from Secret Santa has arrived!! My girlfriend made it first to the door and screamed with excitement: "Your Secret Santa package is here, your Secret Santa package is here!!!"

She apologized to the delivery woman, as she started to laugh! She must think we're nuts! More to follow, but fat chance I can resist opening!

20211217_150644 (resized).jpg20211217_150644 (resized).jpg
#599 2 years ago

Sorry, double post!! Too damn excited! Lol

#603 2 years ago

Like so many others, I tried to resist! It's a good thing we had an early Christmas dinner, if not I wouldn't have lasted that long!

Here we go:

Holly cow, this box was really well packaged! Dunno who SS is, but I would trust him to ship a pinball any day! First things first, I checked for any suspicious sounds inside the box. No sounds. So far, so good..!

20211217_151102 (resized).jpg20211217_151102 (resized).jpg

Opened up the corner.. I do like strawberries! Let's keep at it..

20211217_151253 (resized).jpg20211217_151253 (resized).jpg

There's 4 nicely wrapped gifts. I really like that arcade paper, btw!

20211217_152016 (resized).jpg20211217_152016 (resized).jpg
20211217_152037 (resized).jpg20211217_152037 (resized).jpg

Gift #1 is a vinyl from Tangerine Dream (Ricochet). TD has been one of my favorite groups since I can remember. This will be enjoyed for sure!

20211217_220025 (resized).jpg20211217_220025 (resized).jpg

Gift #2 is a super looking game from Star Trek that I didn't have. Fun times ahead! My girlfriend said "Oh great, this is another game that you will beat the crap out of me!"

20211217_220535 (resized).jpg20211217_220535 (resized).jpg

Gift #3 are trivia books! Dunno how my SS found out I read a lot, but he obviously knows I'm a bit obsessed with Star wars and Star Trek! 5,000 questions total to test my knowledge. That is awesome!! (Can't think what my girlfriend will say, lol)

20211217_220153 (resized).jpg20211217_220153 (resized).jpg

There's also a book from Drew Brees. We both love our New Orleans Saints and Drew was obviously one of the greatest, and not only on the field. Can't wait to start reading that book!

Gift #4 OMG! I was actually looking for a lighted up sign for the game room we're putting together. Just dunno next to which game to put it..!

20211217_231434 (resized).jpg20211217_231434 (resized).jpg

Thank you sooooooo much Secret Santa for these great gifts!! What a great way to start the holiday season. I wish you and your family the very best one, too!

#608 2 years ago

Just wanted to thank my SS again for much fun in opening my gifts. P.s. I've started reading that Drew Brees book, preparing for tomorrow's game (Bucs. vs Saints)!

Also big thanks again to LesManley for making this possible! We enjoy reading all those posts and can't wait for the rest!

And to you pinheads, thank you for making this thing a bit crazy, incredibly generous, fun place to be on Pinside this time of year! More than ever we all need some goodwill, to all a Happy Holidays!

Edit: Still time for a very worthy cause with the latest Pinball Project raffle! That Oktoberferst Pinball would look mighty good under your Christmas tree!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/slightlyused-great-condition-oktoberfest-pinballmachineraffle

#645 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Got a gift from my secret Santa today. Tough choice….open now or wait for Christmas??
[quoted image]

Wooo! Hooo! Habitrail tunnel for our little friends..!

Screenshot_20211220-193933_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211220-193933_Google (resized).jpg
#703 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It says https://artovision3d.com/ in the final photo on the box.

I'm ordering, looks amazing!! Looking through their site right now..

#726 2 years ago

Merry Christmas and have a safe and happy holidays!

Quoted from northerndude:

Thanks so much and this is unreal!!
Got quite the haul!! Such an awesome pack of items.
A Deadpool playfield poster & a Deadpool playfield decal! He didn’t know which to send so sent both. So cool. Jar a pickles! Google home mini. Some novus, some led strip lights! Coupe sweet beers hat I haven’t tried before. And last bit not least, a rechargeable led light.
Once again, thanks so much for thinking of me and sending items that are right up my alley!!!!
[quoted image]

Really digging that playfield poster! Where can we get those? I would really enjoy other games as well. Nice haul!

#786 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Now the fun begins anew, plotting and scheming for next years SS...
Already got me some ideas from recent reveals here the last couple days!

Way ahead of you buddy! Lol

021363004931_main (resized).jpeg021363004931_main (resized).jpeg
#796 2 years ago

Anyone still left? If so, obviously your SS will go on the naughty list next year..!

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

My Elves were slow to produce. My person will get his Monday at the latest. Shame on me and my elves.

The Elves Who Got Fired..

Screenshot_20211229-172351_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211229-172351_Chrome (resized).jpg
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from hanford29:

My Elves were slow to produce. My person will get his Monday at the latest. Shame on me and my elves.

Cool, yet another reveal ccoming then! It's been fun! Myself and my girlfriend are always looking for new posts!

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from Hogbog:

Ho Ho HOLY CRAP! Pinside Santa came through guns-a-blazin this year!
First off, sorry for making you anxious, Santa! I have been out of town since before xmas. Was finally able to get home and open the awesome package that your little elves delivered for me to JJP HQ in Chicagoland.
[quoted image]
Digging into the box (with a present from my brother KingPinGames from a few years back), and what do I find?
[quoted image]
A box STUFFED FULL OF PRESENTS!!! All individually wrapped, with a couple awesome wrapping paper styles. Solid A on wrapping as well. I do all the present wrapping in my house.
[quoted image]
Santa wrote a nice card, and shed some light onto what I would find inside! COMMENCE THE UNLOADING!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Damn Santa! How did you fit so much into one box? THE MAGIC IS REAL, FOLKS!!!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]Pile of Unwrapped presents!
[quoted image]How right you are, Amazon...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]I told santa that I love trying different snacks and such from local areas, and looks like Santa took that to heart. If I had to guess, I'm thinking Santa spends every minute away from the North Pole somewhere in Virginia? Above we got some local chips (6 varieties!), local peanuts and apple butter, bbq sauce and spices WITH MATCHING SHIRT! WOOTY WOOTY WOOT WOOT. Pictured with the shirt is an awesome (seriously awesome!!!!) xmas tree ornament and sticker pack.
[quoted image]- Fun Fact, one of the stickers is now on the back of my work laptop.
[quoted image] Next gift is a cool up-cycled pop bumper night light, which looks awesome in the bedroom of my little dude. He's 4, and legit is a good pinball player. Watch out Sharps. The Meuniers are coming for you in a few years...
[quoted image]Next gift has an out-of-this-world cool factor. Pinball themed super hero comic books? BE STILL MY HEART! The artwork in this thing is wicked cool. And, it's signed by the artist/writer! WHOA!
[quoted image] Here we have another cool up-cycled pinball part. An original Jokerz plastic turned into a wall clock? So dang sweet! Thank you, Santa!
[quoted image] Pictured here, in use, is the Pinshield cover that Santa sent me. Looks pretty good keeping dust off of CE001 GNR....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image] Finally, Santa sent me a really cool art piece. I used Google Lens to translate. Very fun piece. I sent a picture of it to a couple of my pals who made pins last year with these themes....they both got a kick out of it.
[quoted image] Quite the haul! Santa, if we're ever at a pinball show together, please unmask your secret identity to me. I'll fill your bowl-full-of-jelly-belly with some tasty adult beverages. Cheers!

Great reveal!! And what a good job SS! Godzilla playing Ultraman, priceless!

#814 2 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! Forget about crappy 2021, let's hope the next one will be better!

#825 2 years ago

Will check back.. let us know when Marathon FedEx has delivered

dean-karnazes5-1000-1509568304 (1) (resized).jpgdean-karnazes5-1000-1509568304 (1) (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#882 2 years ago
61w5fq (resized).jpg61w5fq (resized).jpg
#889 2 years ago

Same time next year then! Thanks again LesManley for making this a fun place to be during the holiday season!

I guess it's time to go back to the usual drama of pinflation, flippers, rainbow puking and price police!

#894 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Used the gas card my secret Santa gifted me for a road trip today to pick up this sign a few towns west of me
[quoted image]

Ahhh, that's great! I bet that real neon sign which was gifted earlier inspired you!

3 weeks later
#913 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I just discovered last night for the first time... That it glows in the dark as well. Awesome!

Yeah, but while doing what?

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Stepping into a dark bathroom to brush my teeth, I really wish there was more to it than that.

Lol, maybe next year you'll receive matching toothpaste!

d3amm0u-0ba38306-1030-4217-9386-bcc55a09d4c6 (resized).jpgd3amm0u-0ba38306-1030-4217-9386-bcc55a09d4c6 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#918 1 year ago

Just a friendly poke - already looking forward to Secret Santa 2022! Stocking up on Dot's!

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You missed it. Christmas in July!

I'm learning to crochet just in case I get you!!

#925 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm learning to crochet just in case I get you!!

Almost ready..!

il_794xN.1216218304_d1p3 (resized).jpgil_794xN.1216218304_d1p3 (resized).jpg
#927 1 year ago

Watching a lot of Hallmark movies to prepare!

secret-santa-hmm.gifsecret-santa-hmm.gif
#931 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Watching…and in. I love this stuff!

LesManley already entering all our names

gif-clic-1.gifgif-clic-1.gif
#932 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220826-000747_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220826-000747_Chrome.jpg
#935 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I will need a chinchilla bag as well. I'm not sure if that's a thing, but it should be.

It's really breathable when you use bigger crochet holes, so should be fine!!

#938 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You really CAN find anything on the Internet....

Yup, but those shorts do seem a bit tight where it counts!

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That one looks fat enough to go!!

#942 1 year ago

Already getting a bunch of gift ideas..!

Screenshot_20220826-214700_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220826-214700_Google (resized).jpg
#943 1 year ago

Just saw that Chinchilla is a metal band. Hope they won't think we're making fun of them.. maybe they also like crochet??!!!

Screenshot_20220826-215651_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220826-215651_Chrome (resized).jpg
#944 1 year ago

While some of us are waiting for some news (any news dear God!!!) about the next Stern, how about a timer of when Secret Santa will start?

cani-play-christmas-music-imgflip-comm-its-never-too-early-for-53448471 (resized).pngcani-play-christmas-music-imgflip-comm-its-never-too-early-for-53448471 (resized).png
#946 1 year ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

How long does it take a chinchilla to grow from baby to adult? Just asking for a friend….

5-6 months, so get one that is already about 2 months old..! And start it on some Dot's!

Screenshot_20220901-225938_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220901-225938_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 week later
#948 1 year ago

The signup period is usually early November! Depends on elves, chinchilla availability, Mrs. Claus, Santa and LesManley

4 weeks later
#960 1 year ago

Next Stern re-skin! If someone has a Zilla, you may just end up with this translite under your tree!
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpgpiper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg

#964 1 year ago

If I never see a chinchilla or the word chinchilla again in a christmas thread ever again, i'll call it a win. It won't happen, but one can dream.

And I, for one, feel sad that you only have this for a dream! Lol
Just for you then: hoping for a magical Christmas Thread where the word c........a is never mentioned again!
The_Chinchilla_1.pngThe_Chinchilla_1.png

#972 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I need these in my life!

I was about to say the same thing!

#974 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ugh, I hate those. I call them "burnt". My wife likes them though.

To us, we interpret this as if you've just said "Please, make sure I get some in my Christmas care package!"

#978 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I hate n.i.b. pinball machines

Same here! Like, please, nobody, NOBODY ever think of sending me a NIB game (unless your name is Gary Stern OR if you're from Project Pinball OR if you're actually Santa, Lol)

1 week later
#984 1 year ago
oh-my-god-its-happening.gifoh-my-god-its-happening.gif
#985 1 year ago
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gifthis-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
#986 1 year ago
3tsrtt.jpg3tsrtt.jpg
#987 1 year ago
office-what-is-happening.gifoffice-what-is-happening.gif
#988 1 year ago
uSp7Qqs.gifuSp7Qqs.gif
#989 1 year ago
tumblr_nyv29v1yra1rrkahjo3_400_zps9l0vrn4w.giftumblr_nyv29v1yra1rrkahjo3_400_zps9l0vrn4w.gif
#990 1 year ago
party-santacon.gifparty-santacon.gif
#991 1 year ago
ezgif-1-edc0134022.gifezgif-1-edc0134022.gif
#993 1 year ago

Who has already bought stuff for the upcoming gift sending??
this guy <<<<

Cool! But we all know it's not going to be chinchilla stuff! Lol

#995 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Um, it's tomorrow.

today-is-yesterdays (resized).jpgtoday-is-yesterdays (resized).jpg
#999 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

This year's rule: you have to make a $1 donation to pinside each time you mention a chinchilla! Who's on board?!

That's already $1 going to Pinside!

#1002 1 year ago

Nice try! But for mentioning what you weren't suppose to mention! Lol

Screenshot_20221028-173715_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221028-173715_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 35.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling
Decorations
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider saltimbanco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=saltimbanco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.