3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Welcome everyone to the official Secret Santa thread for 2021!

We're the best. We're the beautiful. We're the only...Pinside Secret Santa group! Since the last four years went off basically dolphin smooth, I'll keep things nice and consistent for anyone who has participated before and not change anything. I closed the old thread since the registration time frame has now passed and I opened up this thread to keep things clean and streamlined. We can use this thread to post announcements, questions, updates, ship dates and of course to show off all our ill gotten booty that we receive from our secret santas. It's a been another long year, so let's really try to end 2021 on a positive note.

Here's how things are going to go. Tonight and early tomorrow I will assign everyone a number and go down the list and randomly draw a secret santa for every participant. I should have everyone's e-mail address, so I will send an e-mail to each person with the name and information I have for who you are to buy gifts for. If they gave me any gift ideas or a list of the games they own that they don't display to the public, I will include those as well. If you don't receive an e-mail from me by end of day, Nov. 12, please PM me. You then will have about a month to purchase gifts and ship them out to your SS. The cut off date will be Monday, Dec. 13th for shipping so all items have a chance to get there by Christmas Eve. You can and should ship them out much sooner as soon as they are ready to go though. The post office will probably be backlogged again this year, so don't wait till the last minute unless you absolutely have to! You can wrap the gifts individually if you want and send them in one big box or even have them directly shipped to your SS if you want to save some money that way. Please do not include your name on the return address no matter what method you choose, use the name "Pinside Secret Santa" instead. That way everyone will know when your package arrives and they won't know who it is from. When you do send your gifts, please send me a PM or e-mail with the tracking information so I can add it to my sheet and cross you off the list. When your SS package arrives, please post in this thread too so the sender knows you got it safe and sound, even if you don't intend to open for a while. People can be worried about porch pirates, so even if the tracking says delivered, your SS wants to make sure you got it and not someone else. And of course, this is an important one...after you open your SS package, post the money shots of all your goodies here and give a proper thank you shout out to your Secret Santa for doing their part to spread a little holiday cheer. If there is one thing we struggle with year after year, it's this. People can put a lot of time and effort into buying gifts and can be very proud of what they buy for you with their hard earned money, so please take a moment to post pictures after opening and say a quick thank you! You don't have to gush over everything and write a super long story, but please take a minute to acknowledge what you received.

Before the fun officially commences, we need to cover some basic ground rules...

*First off, this will be as fun as we make it. If we put in some effort, everyone should have a good time. Please check your SS's public game list on Pinside and the ideas they included (if any) and do some creative investigation. Maybe search their old posts, check out any pictures or their Pinside story if they have one.
You are free to buy what you want, you don't have to get anything that your SS may have suggested for gifts, but please just put the same amount of thought into your gifts that you would want someone to put into the gifts for you and things should be fine.

*On that note, please no public bitching on Pinside about what you receive, that isn't the point of this. This is supposed to be about giving, spreading some joy and adding a little of that childhood magic back into the holidays again. If you really wanted an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle...but got a football instead...just be thankful for what you received or at least fake it like you would with your in-laws.

*The dollar amount you should aim for when buying gifts is at least $30. That is not a hard cap by any means. Tis the season, so you can spend as much as you feel comfortable with, but please at least hit that number value wise so no one is short changed from a dollar standpoint.

*I will keep track of who shipped packages and when they were shipped. I will send out a reminder to anyone I haven't heard from 1 week before the deadline, but PLEASE, be responsible and buy your gifts and ship them out before the deadline so we don't run into issues with having to track people down and recipients not getting packages in time. This will be especially important this year with the shortfalls USPS is likely to have.

*Finally, most importantly, No dead beat Santas. If you don't think you can fulfill your end of the bargain for whatever reason, please contact me and I can remove your name from the list now with no questions asked. Nothing would be worse for this than someone not following through and leaving someone empty handed. By participating, you are agreeing to be responsible and fulfill your obligation to the recipient. I know unexpected things can happen, so if a Santa runs into any issues, notify me immediately please. The sooner I am made aware, the sooner I can figure a solution to the issue. Once again, if a Santa fails to follow through, and does not contact me ahead of time (to solve the issue), I will have no problem outing them to the Pinside community and we all know how merciless this community can be. This is the only warning you will receive for this, so please let's not have to go there.

I think that about covers it. Any other questions, feel free to post in this thread or PM me and I would be happy to help. Let's put on those Santa hats, give 2021 a blowtorch to the scalp and get ready for a better 2022 with the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny #%&$@ Kaye! Let Christmas begin!

2021 Secret Santas:

1 2Kaulitz
2 67cutlass
3 6point5degrees
4 acitti
5 action76
6 Aflacjack
7 alexmogil
8 amkoepfer
9 Apinjunkie
10 ArcadeTechNerd
11 ArcadeUpKeep
12 Asylum
13 Atari_Daze
14 atrainn
15 Axaios
16 balt
17 bbriese
18 BenMielke
19 BertoDRINK1
20 bicyclenut
21 Blitzburgh99
22 bowtech
23 BroMan90
24 Ceckitti
25 Charliew65
26 Cheberha
27 ChrisPINk25
28 chromag
29 chubtoad13
30 Colsond3
31 Coz
32 Daditude
33 davidldennis
34 dddanielll
35 Dee-Bow
36 dirkdiggler
37 DJK77
38 dnapac
39 docquest
40 drbrain
41 easye9901
42 EternitytoM83
43 FamDocKevin
44 FatPanda
45 Fezmid
46 Flancrest_ent
47 FLASHBALL
48 Gexchange
49 grantopia
50 Gritty
51 Gundam_Pilot_
52 Hadojae
53 haiderdj
54 hanford29
55 Hayfarmer
56 Haymaker
57 HighVoltage
58 hogbog
59 homegameroom
60 hool10
61 icanswim70
62 illiterate
63 Insane
64 Ironphl
65 Isochronic_Frost
66 j_m_
67 Jaeg
68 Jawa
69 Jenniebear
70 jesperpark
71 Jets_1479
72 Jimmyhonda
73 JodyG
74 joefox22
75 jp1985
76 JRBBRJ
77 Judgeworm
78 K9Marshal
79 Karl_Hungus
80 King_Jelly
81 Kkoss24
82 LesManley
83 Liftserv
84 Llabnip1972
85 lowbeau67
86 luckycreature
87 MacJedi
88 madamyates
89 Magicchiz
90 Mando
91 marioparty34
92 matiou
93 merccat
94 mickey
95 Miguel351
96 mikespins
97 Mitoska
98 Mitoska (Son)
99 Mjonesproperty
100 Moelabby
101 Mopario
102 Mr_Tantrum
103 Mtg381
104 Murphdom
105 NeilMcRae
106 newovad
107 northerndude
108 northvibe
109 NovaCade
110 Number41
111 pacmanretro
112 Pahuffman
113 PappaDubz
114 paulbaptise
115 Pball
116 Pdxmonkey
117 Penguindeity
118 Percula
119 Petie423
120 Phat_Jay
121 pin2d
122 pinballjah
123 pinballjah (2)
124 pinballjj
125 Pinballlew
126 PinBall-Newbie
127 PinPickle
128 Pinsterwmass
129 Pintor
130 play_pinball
131 Ponzie
132 Porkfritter
133 Propsnsports
134 radial_head
135 Raedwald
136 RCA1
137 rockwell
138 rodcom
139 RoyaLJack
140 Saltimbanco
141 scootss
142 Secret Santa
143 SevenEightyRacer
144 ShooterMcD
145 silen7ce
146 SKWilson
147 SkyKing2301
148 smalltownguy2
149 Soapman
150 sp005
151 Spectreman
152 TaylorVA
153 tbutler6
154 the96stang
155 thedarkknight77
156 Thegeekyhusband
157 TigerLaw
158 tigzzz
159 Tomass
160 TonyScoots
161 TreyBo69
162 troxel
163 Tusken
164 undrdog
165 vabeachrunner4
166 wamonkey
167 wesh
168 Westbury
169 Wharhed
170 wireable
171 WonderMellon
172 Y3AG3R
173 yemons
174 ZEN
175 zenbone

Free-Animated-santa-claus-gif-Christmas-celebrations.gifFree-Animated-santa-claus-gif-Christmas-celebrations.gif
#19 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

AHHAAHAHHA, YAAAAA hallmark xmas movies!!!
You know bruce campbell is in the new one......

#42 2 years ago

I had to step away from my desk for a bit today, so if you haven't received your pairing for Secret Santa 2021 yet, never fear. I'll be back at it tonight so expect them all to be sent out later tonight. I'll also make an update post when all e-mails are sent so everyone knows to look for theirs and if they don't have one to contact me.

superc (resized).JPGsuperc (resized).JPG
#46 2 years ago

The Pinside Secret Santa e-mails have been sent and if I didn't have your e-mail address, you have a PM from me with your information. You are all now officially on the clock!

Start investigating your Pinsider and picking up gifts ASAP, so you can get your gifts shipped out well before the Dec. 13th deadline this year. If any issues pop up, you have any questions or need my help, let me know right away. Happy hunting and good luck!

...and with that I bid you all a good night...

sleep (resized).JPGsleep (resized).JPG
#64 2 years ago

This has already come up so it's as good of a time as any to mention this. Many Pinsiders will send multiple gifts from multiple places at potentially multiple times. Just because you get one box doesn't mean that that is your only gift, so please continue to keep an eye out. I know of one Secret Santa who already has something coming for the recipient tomorrow so even if you get something in the mail, don't assume that is necessarily it.

Up to 178 participants now too.

attention-please-icon-banner-with-yellow-speech-vector-32214441 (resized).jpgattention-please-icon-banner-with-yellow-speech-vector-32214441 (resized).jpg

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Wow. So cool and thank you. I have already received a box. I will wait until tomorrow and open it with my daughter after school.

I love this meme, never miss a chance to use it. Can't help but read it in Shang Tsung's voice.
ithasbegun (resized).jpgithasbegun (resized).jpg

#82 2 years ago

I've got what I need, thanks all!

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Jets_1479:

I have not received my secret Santa person, I emailed on pinside a few days ago. Also checked my junk mail.

I sent you a PM.

1 week later
#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Petie423:

Yes, answer to answer everyone's question, I got a NIB Godzilla and I still cannot believe it, I am just completely blown away

I knew this was coming too since I had to pass on and gather some information (I knew it was a game but not which one). I told you that when you got a call, not to think it was a mistake.

I was blown away like everyone else of course. We've had some pretty amazing acts of generosity over the last 4 years. Really fun to live vicariously through others in this thread. I've never bought a NIB game ever, I can't even imagine having one gifted to me. Congrats!

1 week later
#391 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

(Enter John chuckling...and assigning me a local recipient next year to see if I follow through).
I have been known to give games away before.

What is your definition of "local". Google maps shows I'm about 17 hours away...just sayin...

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

In the years we've all been doing this awesome thing (always, thank you John), I don't think any of us have discussed shipping costs to be factored in or not.
Of course it's all up to individuals, really.
Personally, as one who has spent that much in shipping too, I never really factored shipping in as part of the item money.

I have never really put that in writing and never really had a problem with anyone, but yeah the idea was always $30 at least in gift(s) and then whatever it takes to get it to them is extra. I agree though, shipping costs are ridiculously crazy, so I will probably have to start including that or up the base value.

#475 2 years ago

Hi everyone, just a friendly reminder. Today is the shipping deadline date. I know I have talked to a few of you that are waiting on things, but PLEASE if you have your gifts and have not shipped them out, do that today if possible. Just trying to ensure as much as possible that gifts will arrive before Christmas. If you can't ship by today and haven't sent me a message, please let me know so I am aware.

Just another quick friendly reminder to also make sure to post here when your gifts arrive. We don't want Secret Santas to worry about whether you got your gifts or a porch pirate nabbed them first.
today (resized).jpgtoday (resized).jpg

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Well i lasted a couple hours….it was just too tempting! Thank you so much! I got a beautiful asteroids mat for my machine. I wish i could get one for all the machines, ive never seen this one! A pocket simon game my son was playing with still wrapped lol. Some delicious looking cookies and a pac man mini tin with gobstoppers! And a galaga mug that changes when hot liquid is in it!! Thank you so much, you nailed it!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have that same Asteroids mat, it's awesome. Originally was made in the UK I believe and not being made anymore.

#622 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Crud when Les assigned me as your Secret Santa who would have known you already had coal before I sent off your package. Dang…

If he's patient and willing to wait between 1 billion and 3.3 billion years with it under pressure, coal could end up being a very thoughtful and valuable gift.

1 week later
#758 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Yes and at this point seeing how they log into pinside everyday I don't think mine is posting

I got bribed into going to my sister in laws house early. I am coming back today though so no pics till I get to finally open them tonight.

#776 2 years ago

Ok, just got back. Opened our presents with the wife and then opened the Secret Santa ones with the family (wife and kids were jealous). I got some things, a few people sent me gifts as a thank you for running this. They are all really cool and much appreciated. First off, the Star Trek shooter plate cover. It will jazz up my ST Pro nicely, thank you! Second, the Iron Maiden lenticular apron cards. I was stuck on the stock yellow pricing cards, so this was quite an upgrade! Finally, the Jundt metal arcade sign! Really thoughtful personalized gift that I will definitely find a place of honor for in the game room!

PXL_20211227_024633860 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_024633860 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_024522000 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_024522000 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_024532176 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_024532176 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_021347756 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_021347756 (resized).jpg

#777 2 years ago

Next off were the SS packages. I look forward to this every year and start buying for the next year almost right away after the previous year, so I have a lot of stuff stockpiled so I can send out to two Pinsiders. I must say, I was totally surprised by my gifts this year, really thoughtful and useful items that I can't wait to start installing.

The first package I got from my Secret Santa was crazy. When I opened the box and saw "Lior" I was shocked. As a JJP Pirates fan I knew the name from the amazing work he does, but never had the pleasure of having anything of his on my game. That will change now. I got the sculpted action button mod!?!? No more empty chrome lock down bar. I have a JJP POTC SE that I have added almost all the mods too in order to basically make it an LE, but this will take it above and beyond. I love the game and my wife already said to never sell it, so it will be so nice to be able add such a quality piece to it like this. Thank you so much!

The second package was a veritable cornucopia of pinball goodness. For my JJP POTC I got the Kraken mod, I swear I must have been the only Pirates owner that didn't have that mod. Finally that changes. I also got a nice sculpted pop bumper cover too which will go nicely with my spinning Jack mod and the other sculpted pop bumper cover I have. Then I got a gaming t-shirt, removable PinGulp, metal shooter lane protector, real Stern knocker kit, red rubbers and finally a Speaker Light mod setup with the acrylics for my Wrestlemania. I know it doesn't get a lot of love, but I had a beautiful WWE that was all decked out that I loved and only traded because it went towards my JJP POTC that I never thought I would get. I was able to pick up another WWE and I am in the process of making this one as nice as the first one I had and these will go a long way. Thank you again for all the awesome gifts, I have perfect homes for them all!

PXL_20211227_021237933 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_021237933 (resized).jpg

PXL_20211227_021535531 (resized).jpgPXL_20211227_021535531 (resized).jpg

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Charles_Kline:

That metal sign was from the KLOV Secret Santa exchange.

. That's right. I forgot because it was shipped direct so it didn't have any return shipping information on it. I've been waiting for it seems like forever to finally open that.

1 week later
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I count 12 Pinsiders who have not posted having received a gift and five Pinsiders who have received a gift, but not posted opening it.
Some folks may be waiting until the 6th to open.

Unfortunately I know of one person who hasn't received their gift yet and their Secret Santa has been seemingly ignoring my messages via PM and e-mail as I can see he logs in everyday. I sent him another message today just asking for tracking and/or any update on his gift, but no response to any of them yet. I'll give him a couple of days and then I'll make it public if it has to come to that, but I am still hoping that there is just a misunderstanding and that he is ok. I would really hate for this to be the first Grinch blemish in 5 years. I know things are different for everyone and I know stuff happens, that's why I just ask that people contact me if there an issue so we can get it worked out.

#848 2 years ago

No unfortunately. I don't know what the problem is, but it appears we have our first ever Grinch in 5 years of Pinside Secret Santa...Pinsider Penguindeity .

I've sent e-mails to him directly and multiple PMs on Pinside and no response at all. I'm about as laid back as they come and I only asked for communication if there is a problem so we can get it worked out, but it's been nothing but radio silence from his end. I initially thought that I hope he is ok and wasn't in the hospital or an accident or something, but he logs on everyday to Pinside so he must be seeing my messages and still never responds, so I don't know what to think. Do any other Michigan guys here know him or are able to get in touch with him? I didn't expect this since he participated last year, is a long time Pinside member with lots of games and even an arcade apparently, but he gave me all his information in early November and I haven't heard anything since then. At this point I'd just like to know what happened.

I've had some people reach out to me to get the information of the Pinsider that got Grinched and I know one person even already sent him a gift. I'm going to send him something too and if you would like his contact and idea information to send him something as well, please shoot me a PM and I will get it to you. The Pinsider has been more than understanding about the whole situation, so hopefully we can give him a nice belated Christmas and at least this way we will have more present opening pics to all drool over.
grinch (resized).pnggrinch (resized).png

#851 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Wasn’t there a Pinside staff grinch a year or two ago, or did I miss the update on that situation?

That got resolved. That Pinsider happened to be a moderator and I was able to open a moderator only thread and get it worked out that way with the help of the other mods.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sometimes life gets heavy and people don't have to go to a hospital to know they're not "ok". I don't know him personally but just saying before you call him out and internet shame him.. remember he's a pinball brother and maybe needs us to he there for him.. could be a tough year and funds are tight..but to go silent and not be able to respond after logging in all the time makes me doubt it. So penguindeity, if you're feeling down..PM anytime u wanna talk dude! If you're hooked on the bottle or the pipe and just being a deadbeat..well then there goes my faith in humanity!

Totally agree, which is why in my messages I just asked for communication that's all. No name calling, threats or anything...I just needed to know what was going on. I don't need details, could have been as simple as, "I'm sorry, I can't send a gift right now" and I would have worked it out.

Quoted from wamonkey:

How many people never posted what they received….

About 12. I've talked to a few of them already.

#860 2 years ago

Penguindeity reached out to me and explained the situation and we are getting things straightened out. Thank you to anyone who helped get us in touch!

1 week later
#872 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Has everyone been made "whole" yet??!

Yes, as far as I am aware everything has gotten something now.

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I was bored so I went back and crossed names off the list for everyone who posted pictures of their gifts. Here's who is left from the list on page one. Did some of these pinsider's names change maybe? Not sure.
26 Cheberha
28 chromag (posted confirmation, but no pics)
34 dddanielll
48 Gexchange
50 Gritty
51 Gundam_Pilot_
62 illiterate
78 K9Marshal
80 King_Jelly
105 NeilMcRae
115 Pball
128 Pinsterwmass
142 Secret Santa
165 vabeachrunner4
172 Y3AG3R

Secret Santa is my second name since I put myself in twice every year, so you could cross that one off, I already posted gifts that I received from both Secret Santas.

Many of those people I have reached out to already. Some said they were going to post pics, some like King_Jelly didn't realize that was they received at the time was his SS gift. He actually thought that he hadn't received a gift, so he had reached out to me first. He was thankful when he found out what it was.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

You should put yourself in 3 times with all this extra goofing around you have to do with people who can't follow what are really simple instructions (minus the ones with reasonable explanations of course)

I don't get extra gifts from it though. I still buy for two people and get gifts from two people, so there isn't a gift advantage or anything. I just do it cause I collect so much cool stuff during the year specifically for this that I have enough to go around.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

Oh you think it's over ? We can close the thread ? No no no!
One more package came today, full of Big Daddy goodies! Awesome!
[quoted image]
A big tee-shirt... a can sleeve... a quarter holder... a TPF coin... and a nice USB drive!
Thanks so much!!!!!

I love it. Maybe I will just randomly send a SS gift to someone this Spring so the thread can be bumped again.

6 months later
#924 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Standing by and waiting anxiously!!!

willy-wonka-excited.gifwilly-wonka-excited.gif

2 weeks later
#950 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:The signup period is usually early November! Depends on elves, chinchilla availability, Mrs. Claus, Santa and LesManley

I'll make a post before Halloween to open the sign ups. It will be a new thread but I'll link to it here so nobody misses it.

1 month later
#982 1 year ago
tomorrow-annie.giftomorrow-annie.gif
#1001 1 year ago

You asked and you shall receive. Signups for Secret Santa 2022 are live through Nov. 12th. So don't dilly or dally...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2022-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-12th

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 114.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.