3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 2 years ago
A1B8FE6F-1025-4C8B-AF21-94BD43414EA3.gifA1B8FE6F-1025-4C8B-AF21-94BD43414EA3.gif
1 month later
#549 2 years ago
Quoted from action76:

First of all, I am terribly sorry for taking so long to post my gifts. I have been on the road for the past week and just haven't had time to do it. However, we have been really enjoying our haul. We rally got some great stuff! An awesome, original technical drawing from one of the designers from Data East, a super cool Williams Bally mash up t-shirt, a nice coffee table book of Dirty Donny artwork, Some vintage issues of GameRoom Magazine, and my personal favorite some Sean Connery era James Bond coasters. Thanks so much to our Secret Santa! You did a great job!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Boy that’s badass!!! Ed Cebula made some of my favorite games. His Game Plan designs are amazing!!!

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Wow $75 to ship and wow some random person paid for it

Chinchillas have to be overnighted.

#555 2 years ago

Thanks Santa!!! I came home and discovered Santa had visited! Very exciting.

It really picked me up; my grandmothers been in the hospital which covid pneumonia for the past week and half, and this morning she called me and said she’s doing great and the nurses think she’ll be home soon. Such great news today!
I opened the card, not sure if I was supposed to or not. It’s exciting to guess what things are. Number 1 is definitely those delicious Dot’s pretzels that blew up the thread last year, just ran out too! Perhaps they won’t make it till Christmas...

Gifts are safely under the tree, I will wait just 9 more days for Christmas to open them!

039BCF20-F2F8-4729-9B81-D5A743C96FBC.jpeg039BCF20-F2F8-4729-9B81-D5A743C96FBC.jpeg9AC6165C-8ACF-4B7F-9538-14897FB2399A.jpeg9AC6165C-8ACF-4B7F-9538-14897FB2399A.jpeg

1 week later
#787 2 years ago

Wow wow wow!
Secret Santa you are truly a legend! I was thrilled with my gifts, but number #6 blew me away!!

B79D0D38-FF1C-4182-9097-537D93678DD5.jpegB79D0D38-FF1C-4182-9097-537D93678DD5.jpeg

I apologize for my delay, my gram came home from the hospital on Wednesday, and it’s been... a challenge taking care of her. She’s definitely milking it and enjoying every moment, she demanded I go out and get her ginger ale and orange soda at 11pm yesterday, lol. I can’t blame her, when you get to that age you stop giving a shit and you get a pass to send your family on silly errands.

Anyway, on to the gifts!

#1 didn’t expected TWO bags of Dot’s! I’m excited to try the southern style. Never had them!
F8F6E8EC-BE6F-41B4-8DCC-CE114DD2D6CE.jpegF8F6E8EC-BE6F-41B4-8DCC-CE114DD2D6CE.jpeg

#2 I’m wearing right now! Always love pinball shirts!

#3 we all had a good laugh at this is one. Haven’t had a chance to try it yet, cute little thing!
2DA106C2-BFC1-4DE1-94D3-56131B216C4D.jpeg2DA106C2-BFC1-4DE1-94D3-56131B216C4D.jpeg

#4 Kept seeing all those really cool Artovision 3D shadowboxes people received for gifts, and was browsing them. Thanks so much Santa! Now I’ve got one, totally rad!

#5 the fiber was hilarious!!! My sister came over and asked “who the hell gives fiber for Christmas?!?” Very difficult to explain the joke for those not in the super cool Pinside club!

#6 WOW! You really went all out on that, so cool! I thought this sold out a while ago, so thank you for giving me such an amazing, generous gift.
One of the most iconic mechs in all of pinball, the spinning head of The Machine: Bride Of Pinbot!
This is the genuine, certified, penciled engineering drawing right from Williams! It’s a bit crushed, due to storage, but I’ve read many of the old stories. Basically all these really amazing pieces of pinball history got stuffed in boxes when they closed and a few incredible people condensed them all together to save as much history as possible.

0915630C-608B-491A-8249-692C3CC42C78.jpeg0915630C-608B-491A-8249-692C3CC42C78.jpeg

My lovely GF @mermink’s father does professional prints, framing & mounting for big art galleries and museums. He’ll be making sure to get all the proper archival materials to ensure this is flattened out and specially framed. It’s gonna be preserved and displayed proudly in my gameroom!

Really excited about this. You knocked it out of the park! I’ll post pictures later when it’s all framed up, and when I get the neato Attack From Mars shadowbox all setup in the gameroom as well.

#803 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Those Tokens are so cool! Ok whoever that SS is, can you please DM me where I could find these tokens, I love collecting them and I have several tokens that I put them on my Pinballs playfield glass as if people are waiting to play. Thanks!

They were given as a gift last year too, I believe someone had the mold made for Lionman tokens, and to my understanding there’s a minimum you have to order, like 2 thousand or something. So they’ve been spreading the gift of LIONMAN! They giftee last year brought them to Allentown and letting people take a token or two. It was awesome! I’ve now got one in my token collection. He’s on Pinside, I’ll try to find it and PM you

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Finally made it home, and indeed there awaited a package! Guess the best part about it arriving after Christmas, is there is no excuse to wait!
A thoughtful little note on the side of the box in regards to the slight delay. Given the current state of the world, can’t really fault anyone for unexpected delays in getting things in…
[quoted image]
And then we dive in! Some thing a bit “Atari” looking atop other items? Or is it?
[quoted image]
First clue that my Secret Santa did his research, or read the crib notes…. Or both!
I am all about all things TRON! And I do love a T-shirt! And nice nod to the history as well.
[quoted image]
And equally a sucker for things E.M., pinball, and related things with a bowling theme!
Hitting all three (call that a ‘turkey’ perhaps?), an original flyer for a Gottlieb “King Pin” game!
[quoted image]
And then a very nice (and rather vintage looking) miniature bowling pin and ball keychain.
Suspect that the keys for our shuffle bowler will end up on here!
[quoted image]
And being one of those who frequently is stuck searching for the proper socket for the fastener of the moment that needs loosening, tightening, removing, or??? A universal socket! (Always wondered about these things)
As I am working on a couple of games at the moment, it will get put to work straight away!
[quoted image]
And then the most unexpected item in the set…
On the verge of being ridiculously well packed…. (Respect tho, with all of the horror stories of shipping damage one hears)
It took me a solid 15-20 minutes to carefully remove all of the foam, and then as it is rather cool and dry around here at the moment and it took another 15-20 minutes for the static to dissipate so I did not get knocked on my can by the next doorknob I touched….
[quoted image]
A beautiful neon (yes, proper, actual, neon!) Pinball sign!!!
[quoted image]
This will hold a place of honor in the game room!
Have wanted to add a neon sign or two around here for ages, but there was always something demanding of the “spare” money from the toy fund to fix or acquire or …
Many, many thanks to my Secret Santa for the amazing and thoughtful gifts!
And of course to LesManley for coordinating the event yet again!
Looking forward to next year as always…
Cheers;

Wow! Is that neon sign old school hand-made? Beautiful!

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No unfortunately. I don't know what the problem is, but it appears we have our first ever Grinch in 5 years of Pinside Secret Santa...Pinsider Penguindeity .
I've sent e-mails to him directly and multiple PMs on Pinside and no response at all. I'm about as laid back as they come and I only asked for communication if there is a problem so we can get it worked out, but it's been nothing but radio silence from his end. I initially thought that I hope he is ok and wasn't in the hospital or an accident or something, but he logs on everyday to Pinside so he must be seeing my messages and still never responds, so I don't know what to think. Do any other Michigan guys here know him or are able to get in touch with him? I didn't expect this since he participated last year, is a long time Pinside member with lots of games and even an arcade apparently, but he gave me all his information in early November and I haven't heard anything since then. At this point I'd just like to know what happened.
I've had some people reach out to me to get the information of the Pinsider that got Grinched and I know one person even already sent him a gift. I'm going to send him something too and if you would like his contact and idea information to send him something as well, please shoot me a PM and I will get it to you. The Pinsider has been more than understanding about the whole situation, so hopefully we can give him a nice belated Christmas and at least this way we will have more present opening pics to all drool over.
[quoted image]

Wasn’t there a Pinside moderator grinch a year or two ago, or did I miss the update on that situation?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods
Plastics

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.