3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

Big list this year. I'm excited! I don't get to have much of a family Christmas so this is pretty much my holiday highlight!

#92 2 years ago

Got my first round of gifts ordered but the fun is just beginning! So excited!

1 week later
#201 2 years ago

Awesome Godzilla pin! Super pumped for you! I love seeing all these amazing gifts. I'm really close to shipping mine out, I can't wait for my person to receive them

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

It's all about putting some effort in not everyone in the hobby can afford to gift a nib pin or even close but bless those who can go overboard it's amazing and spreads joy far past your Secret Santee. I've been in other ss gift exchanges from another hobby where we all make a gift and the nightmares I've seen and been involved in was the reason why I never joined before but seeing all the positive post in the past thread I finally joined. My Secret Santee left little clues for me on or off pinside but I think he will appreciate my effort.

Quoted from Atari_Daze:

One of my favorites about giving:
On Christmas Eve, Della Young discovers that she has only $1.87 to buy a present for her husband Jim. She visits the nearby shop of a hairdresser, Madame Sofronie, who buys Della's long hair for $20. Della then uses the money to buy a platinum pocket watch chain for Jim. When Jim comes home from work that evening, Della admits to him that she sold her hair to buy him the chain. Jim gives Della her present-- a set of ornamental combs, which she will be unable to use until her hair grows back out. Della gives Jim the watch chain, and he tells her that he sold the watch to buy the combs. While the gifts that Jim and Della gave each other can't be used, they know how far they went to show each other their love and how invaluable their love truly is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gift_of_the_Magi

Yep, sometimes I feel bad for my santee because I'm not a big baller, but at the end of the day I know its all about the effort you put in. Definitely stretching my budget this year especially after last years SS was so kind to me, but this is pretty much the closest thing I get to a real christmas so I really enjoy doing it! Its really a wonderful event that warms my heart week after week seeing everyone get presents big and small

1 week later
#305 2 years ago

Such awesome and thoughtful gifts so far! Loving this

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Got home finally after a long day. I couldn’t wait I had to dig right in. Super cool gift! Can’t wait to put it up in the arcade. Thanks Secret Santa! I really dig the neon![quoted image][quoted image]

Thats bad ass! Real neon too wow

#336 2 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

It showed up today! Was going to wait buuuuuut, had to tear in it.
My santee did some digging and all I can say is THANK YOU!
This is great. I will let the photos tell the story.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great gifts! Have you had spotted cow before? Its an awesome beer. I frequently cross the state line to pick some up!

#407 2 years ago

Shipping costs are wild, just a tip, there are websites out there that can give you major breaks on shipping. I like a website called pirateship. They cut my shipping costs by more than half from the standard rate for my gifts. I use them quite frequently for my ebay items as well. At my work we send a ton of packages and have a substantially lowered negotiated rates, pirateship is very close to those rates even. Just a tip if anyone still needs to ship anything.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:Very good tip!!
I only recently found out you can go into your PayPal and purchase a discount shipping label through there. But I can't ever find the link in PayPal; have to Google it for some reason.
I had recently seen that pirateship site too, and planned on trying them next; to see if they are even better.
With pirateship, is there a membership or anything? Or is it just create a free account online, sort of thing?
Thanks!

Yep it's free to sign up for an account and the rates are far better than paypal's discount

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

My SS hit it out of the park! Very generous gifts and I love them all! Thank you very much! And Semper Fi my brother! Special place in my heart for fellow veterans. Merry Christmas!
[quoted image]

Those dots cheese curls are fkin legit! Better than cheetos imo!

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

So I was at the gym earlier today(not working out, just hitting the steam room and hot tub), and I noticed a delivery being made on the security camera. I didn't think much of it because I have a few things on order that should arrive this week. Upon arrival home, I found this package from Santa Claus...who appears to be somewhat local![quoted image]
I knew I wouldn't be waiting until Christmas because we're heading down to Florida later this week. I also asked my wife what I should do, and she side: Open it! She was very instrumental in wrapping the gifts that I sent out by the way. As I was opening it, I told her that I probably didn't leave any clues as what to get. Not sure if Mr. Claus had assistance wrapping these, but it was a job well done! Cute card as well![quoted image]
The first items are supima cotton face masks. Very comfortable! These will come in handy on our upcoming flight. [quoted image]
Next up is a sweet T-shirt, Chicago Fire Department - First Due at the Zoo. I will will this proudly![quoted image]
[quoted image]
Last but certainly not least is this little gem...or should I say precious metal. It's as good as...scratch that, It IS GOLD!![quoted image]
THANK YOU Secret Santa!! You're welcome to come by for pinball and beer anytime!

WOW! Lol thats awesome, I am asking for gold next year

#570 2 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Thanks Santa!!! I came home and discovered Santa had visited! Very exciting.
It really picked me up; my grandmothers been in the hospital which covid pneumonia for the past week and half, and this morning she called me and said she’s doing great and the nurses think she’ll be home soon. Such great news today!
I opened the card, not sure if I was supposed to or not. It’s exciting to guess what things are. Number 1 is definitely those delicious Dot’s pretzels that blew up the thread last year, just ran out too! Perhaps they won’t make it till Christmas...
Gifts are safely under the tree, I will wait just 9 more days for Christmas to open them!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really happy to hear about your grandmother doing well! I just lost mine on Thanksgiving (not sickness related, all natural, very peaceful thankfully) and its always tough to lose someone as precious as a grandmother. Here's to hopefully many more Christmas seasons with her! *cheers*

#665 2 years ago

A special box arrived for me today! The anticipation is killing me but sadly i have to hold off until a little later to open. I will report back later but it has arrived safe and sound. Thanks santa!

20211221_155750 (resized).jpg20211221_155750 (resized).jpg
#668 2 years ago

Finally back home after a long day and I got to open my gift! Some really awesome stuff in here! I'm a big hot sauce aficionado and they got me a big ol variety pack of sauces! Sweet! I can't wait to crack into these and start trying them out!

Also there's a deadpool bobblehead and I'm torn whether he should be a topper for my game or keep me company sitting on my dashboard for my long drives to work! Super rad!

Finally a really bad ass 3d printed deadpool and another 3d printed Grogu! Neat!

Thank you santa for the wonderful and thoughtful gifts! You really brightened my holiday season!

20211221_194908 (resized).jpg20211221_194908 (resized).jpg20211221_194925 (resized).jpg20211221_194925 (resized).jpg20211221_194950 (resized).jpg20211221_194950 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#840 2 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeTechNerd:

Finally made it home, and indeed there awaited a package! Guess the best part about it arriving after Christmas, is there is no excuse to wait!
A thoughtful little note on the side of the box in regards to the slight delay. Given the current state of the world, can’t really fault anyone for unexpected delays in getting things in…
[quoted image]
And then we dive in! Some thing a bit “Atari” looking atop other items? Or is it?
[quoted image]
First clue that my Secret Santa did his research, or read the crib notes…. Or both!
I am all about all things TRON! And I do love a T-shirt! And nice nod to the history as well.
[quoted image]
And equally a sucker for things E.M., pinball, and related things with a bowling theme!
Hitting all three (call that a ‘turkey’ perhaps?), an original flyer for a Gottlieb “King Pin” game!
[quoted image]
And then a very nice (and rather vintage looking) miniature bowling pin and ball keychain.
Suspect that the keys for our shuffle bowler will end up on here!
[quoted image]
And being one of those who frequently is stuck searching for the proper socket for the fastener of the moment that needs loosening, tightening, removing, or??? A universal socket! (Always wondered about these things)
As I am working on a couple of games at the moment, it will get put to work straight away!
[quoted image]
And then the most unexpected item in the set…
On the verge of being ridiculously well packed…. (Respect tho, with all of the horror stories of shipping damage one hears)
It took me a solid 15-20 minutes to carefully remove all of the foam, and then as it is rather cool and dry around here at the moment and it took another 15-20 minutes for the static to dissipate so I did not get knocked on my can by the next doorknob I touched….
[quoted image]
A beautiful neon (yes, proper, actual, neon!) Pinball sign!!!
[quoted image]
This will hold a place of honor in the game room!
Have wanted to add a neon sign or two around here for ages, but there was always something demanding of the “spare” money from the toy fund to fix or acquire or …
Many, many thanks to my Secret Santa for the amazing and thoughtful gifts!
And of course to LesManley for coordinating the event yet again!
Looking forward to next year as always…
Cheers;

I love that neon sign!!

#856 2 years ago

Hopefully we can make this Grinch's heart grow, otherwise thats just very sad.

1 week later
#870 2 years ago
Quoted from matiou:

And... Santa season is not over!!!!
Some little package showed up yesterday night...
This is a mod for my Deadpool Pro...
Shiny shurikens to upgrade the bumpers... They really look awesome , and the build quality is really impressive! These things are heavy!
[quoted image]
I will post back with some pictures once it's in the pin.
Thanks you Santa for so much generosity... This is... crazy!

Excellent gift, I have those on my DP and I had the same feelings as you. Heavy and high quality! They look great in the game too!

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Secret Santa is my second name since I put myself in twice every year, so you could cross that one off, I already posted gifts that I received from both Secret Santas.
Many of those people I have reached out to already. Some said they were going to post pics, some like King_Jelly didn't realize that was they received at the time was his SS gift. He actually thought that he hadn't received a gift, so he had reached out to me first. He was thankful when he found out what it was.

You should put yourself in 3 times with all this extra goofing around you have to do with people who can't follow what are really simple instructions (minus the ones with reasonable explanations of course)

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I don't get extra gifts from it though. I still buy for two people and get gifts from two people, so there isn't a gift advantage or anything. I just do it cause I collect so much cool stuff during the year specifically for this that I have enough to go around.

You're a really good guy

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Sometimes gift t-shirts can end up as "laundry day shirts" or "pajama shirts" but I am really happy to say that my SS gift has been in heavy weekly rotation and looks extremely stylish (and fits my brand lol). Thanks Secret Santa!!!
[quoted image]

Thats a bad ass shirt!

7 months later
#936 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I could use a crocheted disc golf bag
[quoted image]

That would match my crocheted shorts perfectly!

DOplE0ZX0AIc9bF (resized).jpgDOplE0ZX0AIc9bF (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Myers, FL
$ 210.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.