3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 2 years ago

When people think you're not so manley ! thanks again tho John! Can't wait to see all the awesome gifts again!

download.jpeg (resized).jpgdownload.jpeg (resized).jpg
#73 2 years ago

How could anyone eat that! I'd much rather grill up a chinchilla

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You broke the first rule, opened before Dec. 25th

says who?

#98 2 years ago

Canned or fresh?

1 week later
#144 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Well now, I am in a pickle. The local Garland hay & feed store was right out of chinchillas. Not in season or something. Then I went to the Dollar Store for one of those little dancing Santas, which would make a great gift as we all know, but they were all sold out.
I'm totally out of ideas.

Go with something off their only available wishlist on pinside.. i'm sure they'll be ok with it!

#232 2 years ago
Quoted from PappaDubz:

I just got 5 tickets to a hockey game for me and my kids
Thank you soooo much Secret Santa
It will be my boys 1st hockey game
Iam so pumped not sure what to say
But thanks a million and god bless
[quoted image]

Very cool and thoughtful ! Awesome gift

#250 2 years ago

Well done santa, you absolutely nailed it - from the t-shirt on! that is frikkin awesome! And such a well written post! Cheers to Gryphon, welcome Rocket and best wishes to the rest of the SkyKing family! Awesome!

Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Buckle up, ladies and gents. This one's going to be a long one -- and rightfully so, because my Secret Santa clearly went the extra mile to make this special, fun, and personal, and Santa deserves to be recognized.
I received a shipping notification from UPS late last week regarding a package en route from a company I didn't recognize. I wondered if it might be my Pinside SS already ... and a few days later, a sizable package arrived!
[quoted image]
I knew I was in for a treat when I noticed Santa even used the reference number field to include "HO HO HO":
[quoted image]
Then the packing list enclosure caught my eye -- because I could see through the paper that it looked it had lines of printed text:
[quoted image]
Sure enough, I extricated the paper and found it was indeed a letter from Santa, containing clues about my TWELVE gifts!
[quoted image]
Knowing there was no way I could wait til Christmas, I convinced myself to at least wait until the wife & kids were available so we could open them together and make it a family affair. We opened up the box to find a smorgasbord of presents:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
As instructed, we identified Gift #1 ... we found it odd that it wasn't wrapped like all the others -- it was a pet store take-home carrier box:
[quoted image]
I paused and took this moment to explain to my family about the running joke in Pinside Secret Santa regarding Chinchillas, assuming this box MUST be a reference to that. Everyone was glad I explained this, because then we opened it up and:
[quoted image]
Perfectly played, Santa, this was hilarious and I love the shirt! Very fitting considering the family recently played the new Godzilla game and thoroughly enjoyed it. Next up... Gift #2 in a Santa box:
[quoted image]
The clue was "Use caution what you pick next." We discussed this around the table and decided it was either something caution-striped themed (for our Data East Jurassic Park), or it was a set of tool picks. Our second guess was correct:
[quoted image]
On to Gift #3, in fun Marvel superhero paper:
[quoted image]
The clue here was, "Even our furry friends can join the fun." We had to assume it was some sort of toys for our pets, though we found this somewhat confusing, unsure how Santa knew we had pets.
[quoted image]
Sure enough, it was a batch of wonderful cat toys! And then I realized my Santa had REALLY been doing his/her homework. (Will use "he/his" hereafter merely for probability's sake.) He must have been digging into my Pinside activity and found that we had a cat, either from a few pictures I'd posted, or from this recent story about how this cat had gotten trapped inside our Swords of Fury: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cats-and-pinballs-/page/67#post-6451134
Now ... as it turns out this was an even more poignant gift than Santa had probably realized or intended. This cat -- who the family loves dearly -- has been with us for 16 years. He was orphaned as a tiny kitten, and we raised him -- milk bottles and all. He was the first co-pet my wife and I had together. He's older than our kids. In fact, it dawned on me recently that he's known ALL the other pets we've had over the years -- including three dogs and three other cats. Age and kidney problems were finally catching up with him, though, and he passed away on Halloween this year. (Worse yet, I wasn't even there because I was up at Pinball Expo as a vendor. Thankfully the family was with him until the end, though.) Here he is, our wonderful Gryphon, my Lionman forever. I've printed this picture and it hangs above our Swords of Fury:
[quoted image]
Painfully sad as Gryphon's death was (my 7-year-old son was particularly devastated, as we expected he would be), Santa's gift here still has a happy ending. In recent months, we recognized Gryphon was on limited time -- so given the kids' love of cats and to help soften the blow a little, a few weeks prior to Gryphon's passing we adopted another kitten .... Pinside, meet Rocket!
[quoted image]
So Rocket is taking FULL advantage of these excellent new toys in full rambunctious kitten style -- more than Gryphon ever would have. So thank you Santa, for this thoughtful gift that allowed me to share our furry friends' stories.
Next up was Gift #4:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Sock it to me!" Of course, this one had to be socks:
[quoted image]
Ding ding ding! We were on a roll. Next, Gift #5:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Hope you find this one illuminating." My daughter nailed this one, "It has to be light bulbs!" she said.
[quoted image]
Right she was -- four packs of Comet LEDs, always important to have on hand for whatever machine we shop out next! On to #6:
[quoted image]
Clue: "This one is made to hang around." Given the season, we reached a consensus that it must be an ornament....but what kind?
[quoted image]
The amazing 3D printed and decorated Twilight Zone pinball machine kind! This ornament is fantastic, excellent details, apparently an officially licensed product to boot. ***Stay tuned to the end of this post, to see what became of this ornament.*** Next up, #7:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Do you have a magnetic personality?" I guessed it had to be one of those magnetic retrieval tools -- we all need these and yet they're easy to misplace.
[quoted image]
I was partially correct -- a retrieval tool AND a magnetic bowl so I don't lose small parts and tools! Now, onto #8:
[quoted image]
The clue: "Hopefully this is self exPLANEatory." This one stumped us. Obviously it had something to do with a plane, but we didn't know what kind or why.
[quoted image]
It turned out to be a super cool keychain made from the skin of a retired 747! Again, this was more proof that my Santa had done his research -- I have posts here on Pinside where I've talked a little about my career; I work in the aerospace industry, including the Space Shuttle (9 years), Piper Aircraft (3 years), Space Launch System / Artemis rocket (3 years), and the Atlas V rocket (3 years). So this was a definitely win by Santa; I've never even seen these before.
Onto #9:
[quoted image]
This clue was somewhat more cryptic: "This might be fit for a King, or you could shuttle it off elsewhere." The "King" part really threw us -- particularly with the capital K, so we ventured a guess that it was something to do with the Space Shuttle, either in reference to my career or the pinball machine (which we own).
[quoted image]
An RBF keychain! Makes perfect sense for Space Shuttle, but we were still stumped on the King part. We did figure this out eventually after Gift #12 though, so I'll circle back to this shortly. Now for #10:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Don't forget and leaf these in the toolbox." Great clue -- but I was onto Santa this time ... a tool of some kind, and the likely-intentional misspelling of "leave" as "leaf"? Must be leaf switch adjusters!
[quoted image]
PERFECT timing on this one, Santa, because I'd recently misplaced my only one and really needed to replace it! Next, #11:
[quoted image]
Clue: "Now you've finally grasped it!" We weren't really sure -- my daughter guessed a clamp of some kind.
[quoted image]
We were wrong -- it was a handy bulb grasper! We haven't used one of these despite all the games we've shopped, so we're looking forward to trying these out!
And now ... finally ... the grand finale -- Gift #12:
[quoted image]
The clue: "We always remember our first, topper?" Another somewhat cryptic clue, but obviously a topper was coming into play here.
[quoted image]
It's a custom street sign, labeled as Sky Kings Drive! Now the rest of the clue was clear. Again, Santa did his research -- either through my posts, my collection info, or maybe he even watched my Rocket City Pinball seminar(s), he deduced that Sky Kings was the first game I got when I started my own collection back in 2015. Circling back to Gift #9, now we understood the King-with-a-capital-K reference -- because a Remove Before Flight tag would work just as well on Sky Kings (airplane/skydiving theme) as it would on Space Shuttle.
I still have Sky Kings -- it's over at my parents' house right now, actually, because I ran out of room and my dad loves it -- so I had to swing by to install it and get some nice photos. Thankfully, Santa included some mounting components as well.
[quoted image] [quoted image] [quoted image]
As you can see, the sign is of very high quality manufacture, with reflective properties and all!
So, I have to give a HUUUUUUGE thanks to my Secret Santa. You clearly embraced this activity and dug deep to give thoughtful gifts and to make it enjoyable. My family had a wonderful time trying to solve your clues and opening all the gifts together -- we opened three each -- so you absolutely nailed the spirit of the season and made this so memorable. We're truly thankful for your generosity and effort! I hope you've enjoyed my retelling of our fun evening and have been experiencing a bloom of satisfaction that comes with giving. THANK YOU SANTA, we absolutely appreciate all you've done for us, and I hope I've been able to adequately express it here with this post.
Oh and one more thing ... remember I mentioned something interesting became of the pinball ornament? I recently saw a picture where someone snuck a Yoda figure into their parents' nativity scene, commenting how they hadn't noticed yet. I found this amusingly inspiring ... so while I was at my parents' house installing the topper on Sky Kings, I snuck over to my mom's curio cabinet where she collects those Parade of Cows figures ... and I snuck the pinball machine in there among them. I'm playing the long game on this one -- I plan to wait this one out and see how long it takes for her to notice that it's in there, lol ... once she finally does, it'll find a permanent/recurring home on our annual Christmas tree!
[quoted image]

#273 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Sterlings gifts arrived today! Great job secret Santa. A clever note with reference to our cat tiger and a gift for him also! Santa did some detective work for that! A awesome tiny Lego funhouse pinball machine, baby Yoda shirt, pinball chapstick, awesome flipper ornament , Mario perler beads, wario, Legos ,need,, and even some flipper protectors for dad! Excellent work Santa..thank you very much! And the note said a tube coming also!! . For any of you that want to know..sterling is 10 years old..and has become a monster in the tournament circuit. Won 2 ifpa tournaments this month..and did very well at the big expo tournament. Here is his Halloween costume at expo with the man himself..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wowzers.. well done Sterling! his costume is awesome! Looks just like Gary. And the lil man beside him went all out on that Rudy costume too

1 week later
#438 2 years ago

Saskatoon berries are very similar to blueberries.. really good! I shipped out my gift and came home to see a big box on the porch! Only to realize it was a bunch of frisbee golf discs i ordered a while ago! Hahaha.. i was like, "how did he know i like all these discs!"

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

There's a frisbee golf course on the other side of nightsearchers fence. Summer road trip?

Heeeck ya! All tied scorecards will be settled on pinball machines at grant's house! I miss that basement!
You guys should play it! Your wife would have a blast too. Grab a disc, couple cold beers, and boom! Just like that you're a disc golf athlete! So fun.

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from Flancrest_ent:

A letter to my Secret Santee- I had a really cool personal project for you go awry in production so I had to switch gears late.

Poor Chinchillas!

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

One more!!![quoted image][quoted image]

Those seats are amazing!! Very nice gift!! Looks like a good time

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I have that same Asteroids mat, it's awesome. Originally was made in the UK I believe and not being made anymore.

It really ties the room together!

#595 2 years ago

Came home from work to see another package on the step. This time I'm 100% sure it's from my secret santa.. we'll see how long i can hold out before opening it up! Thank you very much to my SS, i am already grateful!

20211217_172253 (resized).jpg20211217_172253 (resized).jpg

*edit* - opened the box to find 11 individually wrapped gifts & a card. I read the card for further instructions & it contains hints! Any guesses before i open them up later!?

16397861650525397632034335190345 (resized).jpg16397861650525397632034335190345 (resized).jpg16397863720132333884017213933021 (resized).jpg16397863720132333884017213933021 (resized).jpg
#662 2 years ago

1- caramilk bar
2- candy
3- pinballs (in a m&m case)
4- switch adjuster & socket cleaner
5- handheld IQ puzzle
6- bourbon whisky (old fashions will be had!)
7- frikkin awesome custom T-shirt (looove it!)
8- i ain't no snitch! Nuttin to see here (coughcough)
9- fishing line & walleye rigs( i use these walleye rigs!!)
10- Jinjer album (progressive metal band w/ an amazing female vocalist)
11- MET Holograffix side art blades (these are SO sweeeet!)

Thank you SS for making this Xmas special. These are the only gifts i'll receive and you put more thought and time into this amazing package than anyone in my family ever would have! This is my 4th year and can't wait til next year! Thanks John & all you pinsiders who make this such a great time every year!
16401073062194759853793394089379 (resized).jpg16401073062194759853793394089379 (resized).jpg20211217_224806 (resized).jpg20211217_224806 (resized).jpg20211218_122115 (resized).jpg20211218_122115 (resized).jpg20211218_122506 (resized).jpg20211218_122506 (resized).jpg20211218_122632 (resized).jpg20211218_122632 (resized).jpg
*edit - SS, u frikkin nailed it dude! Cheers

#701 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh wow! That might be the coolest thing I’ve seen yet. Where did that come from? (Other than the North Pole, of course).

It looks hand made by a skilled carpenter to me.. not store bought

#705 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

It says https://artovision3d.com/ in the final photo on the box.

The wood grains threw me off! Thought it was home made! Still very nice!

1 week later
#844 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

it looks great ! you can order a custom real neon sign from internet but it would be amazing if someone made this at home
By chance i just stumbled across this exact sign on facebook pinball marketplace

The seller wouldn't happpen to be from Cayuga,NY would he?!

#852 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I initially thought that I hope he is ok and wasn't in the hospital or an accident or something, but he logs on everyday to Pinside so he must be seeing my messages and still never responds, so I don't know what to think.
[quoted image]

Sometimes life gets heavy and people don't have to go to a hospital to know they're not "ok". I don't know him personally but just saying before you call him out and internet shame him.. remember he's a pinball brother and maybe needs us to he there for him.. could be a tough year and funds are tight..but to go silent and not be able to respond after logging in all the time makes me doubt it. So penguindeity, if you're feeling down..PM anytime u wanna talk dude! If you're hooked on the bottle or the pipe and just being a deadbeat..well then there goes my faith in humanity!

1 week later
#885 2 years ago

Wore the new shirt at our monthly tournament! Awesome gift that is very thoughtful. Love it! Thanks again ss

IMG_3470 (resized).jpgIMG_3470 (resized).jpg
7 months later
#949 1 year ago

Wore my secret santa gifted t-shirt today..seriously, one of the most thoughtful gifts i ever got for x-mas in a long time! The shirt has a print off my custom sparky on my avatar and my pinside name "dee-bow" on the back. Frick, i love it!

1 month later
#977 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

In that case, please remember that I absolutely HATE Coffee Crisp. Blech!

I hate n.i.b. pinball machines

2 weeks later
#996 1 year ago

This year's rule: you have to make a $1 donation to pinside each time you mention a chinchilla! Who's on board?!

#1000 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That's already $1 going to Pinside!

For what?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plattsburgh, NY
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Winter Garden, FL
$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries
Toys/Add-ons
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sterling Heights, MI
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dee-Bow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=Dee-Bow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.