3tsrtt.jpg
this-is-happening-reza-farahan.gif
oh-my-god-its-happening.gif
tomorrow-annie.gif
SmartSelect_20221011_200926_Chrome (resized).jpg
The_Chinchilla_1.png
piper-thibodeau-dailypaintings-lowres-dp2803.jpg
16654335322007871963960559007251 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 2 years ago

Just wanted to say, so glad to be doing this again this year. I finished my shopping yesterday and I have to say the excitement is really building now! I really enjoyed the hunt this year to find the perfect things for my SS. I truly am more excited to see their response then I am to see what arrives at my doorstep. Thanks again for doing this John, my hat's off to you sir!

#119 2 years ago
Quoted from undrdog:

(Edited post. On second thought after posting, it might have revealed something secret.)

Let me guess, you posted your return address. Careful Mike some of the santees are sleuths in their own right.

2 weeks later
#296 2 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I got a package today,and did the whole did I order something game. Lol.
My secret Santa most likely stalked me and saw that I am into vinyl. I got this cool [Retro] coaster set!
It includes such hit songs (although some are B side hits) as:
Cover and protect
Protect the surface
Tea time (don't spill this)
No marks on the table
Rest on me!
Too hot to handle

These are fun and will get used for sure.
Thank you santa!
Now then.... I just have to figure out how to keep my cup spinning at 45 rpm [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those are literally," groovy"!

#378 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Got my SS package yesterday and debated on whether I should open it now or wait. I decided if they were warapped inside the box I'd wait and if not then so be it and early Xmas for me.
Whoever my SS is I want to say thank you very much, I love my gifts! The generosity of pinsiders is always impressive as this appears to be way over the $25 guideline.
My haul includes: nice pinball shirt to add to my collection, some cool pinball themed socks, some really nice ceramic pinball themed coasters from pinball photos, a couple of very cool acrylic art pieces for the gameroom, and a 3D start button for my Godzilla. Thanks again SS and Les for organizing. I already can't wait for next year![quoted image]

That is a nice Haul. Especially taken by that Godzilla start button. Andy's made a number of things for me in the last few years, his pieces are top notch.

#427 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Well, I held off for a couple days, at least! I opened my box to find...wait for it...
A box!
[quoted image]
Obviously I couldn't stop there. Digging in, the first thing I found was a nice handwritten note that makes me think my Secret Santa did a bit of pro-level cyberstalking, along with visions of a forthcoming flying Deadpool to dance in my head. Our cats might hate you, Secret Santa, but I won't!
[quoted image]
Next up, a neatly wrapped pile of presents! The Disney-themed paper was a nice touch.
[quoted image]
Starting with the squishy one (always start with the squishy one, it's a rule), we have a sweet Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy t-shirt! Douglas Adams has been a big part of my life from a very young age, so this is perfect.
[quoted image]
Next up is a truly stunning, photo-filled, behind-the-scenes look at the sci-fi classic The Man Who Fell to Earth, along with George R. R. Martin's Tuf Voyaging. Tongue-in-cheek sci-fi? Yep, my Secret Santa's got me pegged.
[quoted image]
Last but not least (seriously, it's gigantic), is a gorgeous look at the artwork of concept artist extraordinaire, Syd Mead. I'll be staring at this for hours.
[quoted image]
Thanks a ton, Secret Santa!

Quoted from undrdog:

My secret Santa present hasn’t arrived yet, but I’ve got to share this wonderful present from my wife tonight.
"Santa demonstrates his pinball wizardry."
You actually pull the plunger back and release to turn it on and launch a little pinball. The pops blink and the sounds are great- chimes. NIB 1996
Look at Santa's face! And you can see from his stance that he is really getting into his game.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice one Mike, Babette is definitely a keeper! Merry Christmas

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

My gift arrived today, very nicely gift wrapped. I received a Llama T-shirt, book, flipper alignment tool and a replacement custom shuttle for my Space Shuttle. Thank you secret Santa
[quoted image][quoted image]

Who makes that shuttle repo, haven't seen that before? Vary cool.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Given the crazy and wonderful gifts so many of these generous Pinsiders have made this year, you should absolutely up the price to play poker in 2022. Also, you might consider running two price entry points, one at a lower buy in for those folks on a budget and then the premium line. No cap for gifts in either line (tis the season after all) but if you enter the premium line you are committed to a higher figure. Just a thought.

My thoughts on your thoughts for what they're worth. I appreciate where you're coming from and I agree given what people gift maybe the minimum should be bumped. However, the idea of a tiered system seems to take away from the true Spirit of giving which makes this such a special event each year. Personally I'd be happy with a pinball themed coffee mug if that's what my SS is comfortable sharing. That said ,would I be happier with a nib pin,of course. It just seems to me if you have a tiered system then you participate on the higher level in hopes of a bigger payout, then it becomes more about what you might receive rather than what you give. This is only my second year participating, but I upped my game from last year after seeing all the wonderful things and thought that people put into their gifts. Now that has come back to bite me in the ass as my Santee has received their gift but elected to wait until Christmas to open it. Now I have to patiently wait until Christmas to see their reaction,and their reaction is the reason I'm participating. Anyway, not dissing your opinion just sharing mine. Happy holidays to all the participants and the lurkers that seem to enjoy this thread quite a bit also. And once again hats off to John for making this happen.

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from WonderMellon:

Received a package this morning clearly indicating it was my SS Gift.
My daughter is an adult now and the family stopped exchanging gifts. I am going to wait and open this on Christmas so I can act like I am 10 again!?! Just looking at the bus has me super excited!
Thanks so much secret Santa. I’ll post the gifts when I open.
Note: since the USPS is always so careful, I assume the hole in the box (right in the middle of the Fragile sticker I might add) is to allow air for Chinzilla!! [quoted image][quoted image]

It would make sense that the box is a little banged up, since it obviously came all the way from Italy.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

SS” ...Secret Santa or Supreme Stalker?!??
Thank you to my Secret Santa this year! I will be drinking beers with a toast to “someone in Livonia, Michigan” come this Christmas Eve.
Neons don’t photograph well...the blue and red really pops with great colors in person!
Thank you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
[quoted image]

That's really cool, makes me want to take up drinking again... Just kidding, I never stopped drinking.

1 week later
#677 2 years ago

Package arrived from my SS today, running on fumes so I probably won't open it tonight. I'll probably open it tonight. Thanks SS, seems to be a good shape.

IMG_20211222_191339572 (resized).jpgIMG_20211222_191339572 (resized).jpg
#681 2 years ago
Quoted from BroMan90:

Well,
I challenged myself and decided if I could break a billion on my JP I could go against my guns and open my secret santa gift early.
I've been trying every night, but it looks like I will have to wait a couple more days.
Time to pour a drink and try again!
[quoted image]

Painfully close

#682 2 years ago

Yeah, so fumes or no fumes I waited about an hour before I caved. Thanks SS really nice electric bat arcade tee(long sleeves no less, always a plus here in Minnesota) and a hard to find grogu with cookies bobblehead pop,right up my alley. I'm a bit of a Star wars collector to put it mildly and my Mando pro is the centerpiece of my collection as far as pinball goes, so yeah... Nailed it. Thanks again SS and Merry Christmas to all involved!

IMG_20211222_202414645 (resized).jpgIMG_20211222_202414645 (resized).jpgIMG_20211222_202504583 (resized).jpgIMG_20211222_202504583 (resized).jpg
#714 2 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my fellow pinheads, now...open those presents, doesn't matter if the kids aren't up yet. I'm so looking forward to the reveals today.

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Wow…. Just wow. What an incredibly thoughtful Santa I had. Very cool gifts. Loved the note with the hints. Custom made keychains! Pingulp! Sweet “sweater” shirt! Balls, wax, bands! And my boys favorite, Godzilla eating garden gnomes!
Thanks Santa!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So many really cool and wonderful gifts this year but I got to say for me, Godzilla eating the garden gnomes definitely ranks in the top 10. Really unique Piece.

1 month later
#911 2 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks again to my SS for this awesome t-shirt. I love the graphic. But like this thread, it just keeps on giving. I just discovered last night for the first time... That it glows in the dark as well. Awesome!

IMG_20220217_042701231 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_042701231 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_042748299 (resized).jpgIMG_20220217_042748299 (resized).jpg
#914 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, but while doing what?

Stepping into a dark bathroom to brush my teeth, I really wish there was more to it than that.

6 months later
#934 1 year ago

Let the reindeer games begin! Looking forward to participating again this year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=Apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.