cheers.gif
20210628_144927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210628_142531 (resized).jpg
7E968C94-A78F-4696-BE6B-73B68CEABCE7 (resized).jpeg
20210625_135746 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210624-212822.png
Screenshot_20210624-212827.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago
pittsburgh_penguins_pumpkin (resized).PNGpittsburgh_penguins_pumpkin (resized).PNG
#16 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Gonna be weird to not see ‘the king’ lundquist with the rangers.

You mean not seeing him sitting on the bench? Henrik was past his time. He'll show up somewhere as a goalie coach

#21 3 years ago

So already off to bad start. 27 positive COVID-19 cases, 17 within the Dallas organization. Dallas not to start their season til the 19th, at the earliest.

#27 3 years ago

Prost to a new season boys!!

5A42E87E-911D-4082-AEE4-631AB6034E8D (resized).jpeg5A42E87E-911D-4082-AEE4-631AB6034E8D (resized).jpeg
#32 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I love the time right before the first Pens of the season. It's the calm before your 5 months of posting aboot how old & shitty the team is and how much management sucks.

LOL - Management is not shitty at all, just not a fan of Rutherford. Past few seasons they have been missing a few pieces to the puzzle and instead of getting pieces that fit they have reobtained older players that they got rid of. If Orpik didn't retire the Pens would've traded for him in the off season!

Watching the game tonight had a few positives but there was absolutely no one in front of the net!

New Year's resolution ..... no negative stuff going forward!

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Someone just threw a catfish on the ice in Nashville just before puckdrop.
And the catfish was wearing a mask! LOL[quoted image]

Sure that's not a COviD fish?

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm looking forward to Mesz response.

I agree with the comment that the Pens need to start looking to rebuild. Unfortunately they had one of the best farm teams but that's no more.

I would rather see LeTang and Zucker go before Malkin or Crosby. You would get just under 13mil to spend. I still believe Crosby and Malkin have a few good years left. Problem is the opposing team covers them both and there's not a good supporting cast that can pick up goal scoring.

LeTang, imo, just never recovered from that surgery. He was a great Offensive Defensemen and it just seems that surgery really impacted him. He's certainly not worth the 7,250mil they're paying him.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Total rebuild , hate to be so macabre but perfect timing now ...Crosby the Kracken? Start with a franchise with one of the greatest players of all time. I know it's outer space talk but how much would you gain as a franchise by moving all that money
I'm thinking as a heartless business man. 1 injury away from major devalue at his age
Just sayin

I agree with ya! Rebuild now while you still have Crosby. He's still contributing, he's a great leader and he gives the fans something to see. If they wait for him to retire and then rebuild the Penguins will be back to the days where there was only 4k people in the stand.

Penguins currently have the longest playoff appearances streak in NA Sports (14years).

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean LeTang is a no-brainer. No one knows why the fuck he is on the team for the last 4 seasons other than to make it easier for the ladies to watch games

He's on the team cause the Penguins can't move him with a 7,250mil contract. He was a perfect 5 for 5 last night (on for all 5 GA) so that's consistency for ya (think positive boys)

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pens with comeback win, still needs work but a win vs rivalry caps ok

They looked bad for half of the game but felt they looked really good, especially in the third. Need to now get them to play the way they did in the third for 60 mins. Also think a big thing was the younger guys were a lot faster and pressuring the Caps more then they have been.

#89 3 years ago

Leafs Oilers on Wednesday Night Hockey here in the States! Always love watching the Canadian teams play!

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Capitals just received a 100k fine for violating covid protocols.
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2096287

You almost expect this from the younger players but Ovechkin and most of the others are older and, you would think, more responsible. IMO anyone that doesn't comply with the COVID policies in place should be suspended without pay for minimum of 5 games and the team fined a million.

Ovechkin's reply "I will learn from this experience" is so asinine. What you didn't know hanging out in groups could spread COVID. In the immortal words of Chaz "WHAT AN IDIOT"!

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

The sky is crying

That would be a good lyric for a song

#102 3 years ago

CBJ acquire Laine, Roslovic from Winnipeg in exchange for Dubois

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Columbus won that trade.

Agree!

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fun fact: The Florida Panthers lead the league in fan attendance this year.[quoted image]

Fun Fact for 2021 -Panthers have more fans die of COVID then any other team!

Another win for the Pens and didn't take OT to decide the game. Not that it matters to me as I will take any wins right now. Give the Pens time to put it together.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Someone here is going to be happy hearing this.

WHO???

For personal reasons sucks though. Wish no bad on the guy at all just felt his time was done as a GM.

#127 3 years ago

So help me out here ...... here in the States NBC fired Milbury (famous for jumping into the stands and beating a guy with a shoe, probably won't get into the HHoF for that) for saying "“Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration” when talking about the bubble. So they hire Mike Babcock to take his place ...... classic!

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What is Babcock's blemish?

If you Google Mike Babcock allegations you'll get a lot of results but this will sum it up....
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/01/mike-babcock-talks-about-allegations-of-abuse

Of course if you're over the age of 25, like me, you'll read all the allegations and say ...... yeah that's the same type of coaching I had when I played!

Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t really say much about Milbury,

Neither can I. I mean if you ask anyone outside of Boston what they know about him you will receive one of the two replies:
1. Who?
2. Oh he's the player that beat a fan with a shoe.

With that said, he still didn't deserve to lose his job over the statement. I think if he said "here in the bubble the players have no distractions" he would've been fine. The fact he specifically said "woman".......the politically correct police were called.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Don Cherry, who is beloved by many up here, was let go because, he too, made a comment about ‘all you people’ referring to immigrants to Canada for not wearing a poppy around Remembrance Day.

IMO Cherry was an ass clown (sorry Canadians) BUT he didn't deserve to be fired over what he said at all. I respected him for not apologizing as he could've got his job back.

Quoted from TheLaw:

but he was a dumbass Canadian Archie Bunker; which worked awesome in the 70s.

Good analogy!

#136 3 years ago

Pens weren't playing great hockey but were winning and losing in OT but now they have players out and are struggling.

Tuned into the Calgary/Habs game, man what is going on with the Flames (oh yeah they have Lucic).

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Flames just being the Flames.
The habs on the other hand look scary! All they are really missing is an enforcer come playoff time.

Onto the Oilers/Leafs game!

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I know, it’s the sens.

Wow Matt Murray finished last season with 2.87 GAA and is currently at 4.39 GAA with the Sens. One thing I give credit to Rutherford is letting Murray go. Hate to say it but Murray will be a backup goalie by the end of this season if it weren't for the contract Ottawa signed him too. Ottawa could trade him this year, highly unlikely, but might consider it as his no trade clause goes into effect next season.

1 week later
#169 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

How bout them Habs!?

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like I said before....they look scary!

So the Habs "look scary"???? They played one game so far against a team that's above 500 and lost tonight vs the Sens.......you can order your playoff tickets now but don't pay for the 3rd round.

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

All these postponed games are wreaking havoc on my hockey pool!!!!

Yeah it's crazy trying to do a Fantasy League this year

#229 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

The 5th goal was the dagger. Time to go downstairs, drink some cheap fn beer n play some pin. Yes, my Canucks officially fn suck right now..
[quoted image]

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know Mesz will be terrified at our choice of drink!

The only thing that sucks more then that beer choice is .......... well the Nucks

(only joking hwyhead....Pens now out of playoff position but still not cause enough for cheap beer)

#231 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

rickards asst pack. The red is my fave.

Actually had Richards Red when I was in Toronto. Wasn’t a bad beer at all.

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Hextall is now the gm, Brian Burke the new pres of the Pens..wow! N puck the leafs

My liver is going to drown!

#240 3 years ago

3 of 10 games scheduled for tonight postponed

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Look for any softys on the roster to be removed.

Not a big fan of Hextal at all but maybe he will bring a few gritty players to the Pens. It's something the Penguins haven't had in a few years.

#245 3 years ago

Since Gorges Laraque?

Penguins had Reaves in 2017 ... that's the last one I can think of.

#249 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Mesz...Just think of how entertaining this Gm/president combo will be!
Besides Burke is no slouch, neither is Hextal.
Burke loves drafting Made in America players which is a good thing.

Should be interesting. I was never a fan of Hextal, as a GM, but I wonder how much of an impact Clarke had on what he could and couldn't do with the Flyers.

#253 3 years ago

Pens game on! Prost!AD8FAAC3-0F32-4191-8BA4-6789D4AA868A (resized).jpegAD8FAAC3-0F32-4191-8BA4-6789D4AA868A (resized).jpeg

#255 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Habs/Oilers game tonight is delayed for Covid testing results.
First time the Canadian division has had any covid protocols put in place.
My hockey pool is a hot mess right now.

Or is it? I mean Habs playing like they have Covid but game is on!

#262 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

So who is in the hot seat in Vancouver for the disaster they are in, the coach or the GM?

Like every business does these days ...... blame CoVID

#269 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Laine got dropped in a fight!
Good for him for standing up for his team mate. Torts will like that

remember when good hits didn’t necessarily mean a fight? It seems now every solid hit a fight is needed.

#293 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Saw this on an espn page, asking who’s the GOAT..where’s Gretzky? What a fn joke they are at times..
[quoted image]

It's ESPN. They do very little coverage of hockey. When the Cup champion is crowned it's covered in the last 30 seconds of their SportsDesk. Here in the States hockey is 4th in sports.

#295 3 years ago

5th in some states where Nascar supercedes it.

Agree! As much as I am a hockey fan I will be the first to admit it's nowhere near what it's like in Canada. I remember a few years ago a rerun of College Softball Championship, yes a rerun not a live broadcast, on ESPN beat out a live broadcast of a Stanley Cup Finals game in tv ratings.

#326 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fuckin' goof!
[quoted image]

Quoted from luch:

yeah and the whole rink boos him !

Yeah but that has always been the case, no? mean I can remember as a kid Clarence Campbell being booed so bad you couldn't hear him. Then John Ziegler came into the picture and it was more the same.

I will say Bettman is probably one of the worse when it comes to public speaking. He just comes off so awkward. I have always felt Bettman was a good financial person but when it came making decision for the game itself (i.e. rule changes) he lacks. With that said, the one big thing we all need to give Bettman credit for is the lockout. If it weren't for the lockout Hockey would be like Baseball in the sense that we would have a handful of teams that spend a ton of money on players and excel every year.

And there is the Winter Classic/Outdoor games that gave hockey a lot of exposure here in the States. Only problem is, is that Bettman then decided to cash grab and have numerous outdoor games and people aren't as interested anymore. Bettman also then decided to move the Winter Classic game from the January 1st day which was another mistake. Non hockey people were confused that the Jan 1st game was no longer called the Winter Classic.

Alright this is too much thinking for a monday

#328 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Panarin taking a leave of absence from the NY Rangers after a political hit piece on him came out in Russia.
Me thinks his family will be making a midnight run out of Russia....

Too late, Putin already has Panarin's family seeing a certain Dr. friend of his. WAIT that Dr died last week mysteriously.

#337 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Hutchinson is net for the Leafs tonight. Just what the Flames need to get out of their slump. [quoted image]

0-6 on the PP for the Leafs

#343 3 years ago

Black Tuesday n Pens vs Craps

B5CF667F-EC6F-4312-A24C-9106263F366A (resized).jpegB5CF667F-EC6F-4312-A24C-9106263F366A (resized).jpeg
#352 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any recent letters regarding your seats Luch?
I have first dibs called it.

Unless it's the Pens game!

Quoted from luch:

no recent letters regarding in seat fans , just the usually BS from Shananan , you know we value you as a subscriber and want to win the stanley cup,I say lets work on winning a playoff series for starters first !

Completely different story from the Pens. Constantly get updates even though there's no updates. Those that left their season ticket money with the Penguins are getting 5% interest.

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Doesn’t anyone smuggle a Mickey in anymore? Paying that much for beer is fn ludicrous!

Plastic flask will get you in the door with enough alcohol for the game. something like....... https://www.amazon.com/SportFlask-Fighter-Concerts-Fishing-Backpacking/dp/B00VJ7VMBE/ref=pd_lpo_201_t_2/136-3208434-1957421

Wont set off metal detectors. Even if you get caught and they confiscate it ..... it's 6.99

#379 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

UrinatingTree doing what he does best...

His Congratulations Steelers 2021 video is spot on!

#385 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Too much offense no show with pens this year, no goals and five shots in each of the 1st 2 periods, changes a coming in the offseason

It was a rough watch. DeSmith was the only one that showed up.

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just me or are you guys tired of playing the same teams over and over? No Nathan , Crosby, etc..

Nope, same here! Remember when back to back games were something to look forward too?? Pens played the Flyers this week!

Hard to complain though as the season could've been cancelled and we would only be posting on the "who likes beer thread"!

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I sadly never got to see a game at the gardens

So this will make ya go ... back in the late 80s AAA Travel was the "official travel agency of the Penguins". Well back then most hockey teams used regular commercial flights to get from one place to another. AAA had a promotion "Fly away with the Penguins" (like) six times (games) a year. For a trip to Toronto it cost 180$ (USD). For that we received a plane ticket, hotel for the night, a ticket to the game and breakfast. Unbeknownst to us, at the time, we flew with the team so they could fill an entire plane and then we stayed at the same hotel as them as well.

My brother and I sat next to Craig Patrick on the plane. I don't get star struck at all but my brother was excited. I told him to leave the guy alone. 5 minutes later Patrick strikes up a conversation with us. From there on for the whole flight Patrick talked hockey. It was an experience I'll never forget.

After the game the next morning we went for breakfast and sat next to Paul Coffey and Keven Stevens.

Hell of an experience for 180$.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The steps to the greys were brutal

Second and last time at the Garden we sat in the Greys ..... if I had season tickets in the Greys to the Garden the last 20 years I wouldn't be a pound over weight (slight writers embellishment)!

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tom Wilson suspended for 7 games.

7 games for what the referees deemed a good hit (no penalty called).

For anyone in Canada that can't understand why hockey isn't as big here as in Canada .... refereeing is one of those reasons. It's always been horrible and continues to be.

Anyone agree with the Ovechkin spear to the groin was a 2 min penalty? Anyone else, other then Ovechkin and a few other star players, and that's a 5, 10 and game misconduct followed by a suspension. Ovechkin, 2 minute ROUGHING (what a joke) penalty and 5k fine.

#419 3 years ago

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sources-nhl-espn-reach-seven-year-u-s-broadcast-deal/

Bad news for US. Espn coverage of hockey is not great. When they had the rights previously they broadcasted 2 games a week.

I can see them doing one game a week on ESPN and then carrying more on ESPN+ forcing people to pay. We shall see.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Liquor makes me wild. I'm taking a break from this thread

2 minutes later .......

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My man cannons are focused on the hockey news right now.

#454 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Watched Burke interview from a half decent looking female reporter.
Burke Praised Letang Crosby Malkin
But his answers are pre built for lob questions like that.

Where was the interview?

I've criticized LeTang but have to say he's played very well in last 12 or so games. LeTang will never dazzle on D but when it comes to Offense he has really picked up his game.

#458 3 years ago

Slow down bacon ..... I still think LeTang is well over paid. He's certainly not worth over 7 mill a year but in last few weeks he's played a lot better. Honestly, be a good time to trade him as well as Malkin.

Plus need to wait and see what Burke does at trade deadline

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Btw Mesz..why didn't you contact the Pittsburgh transit system to get that bus shelter poster? ...I think of these things.

Cuz I was given one!

2 weeks later
#495 3 years ago

Buffalo with an OTL ...... things looking up!

1 month later
#511 2 years ago

What an embarrassment for the NHL. It's time to fire Parros and Bettman.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Every year you put a dark drape over your head about your beloved Pens! Lol
I would Love to see Pens vs Leafs eh Mesz ?

OBVIOUSLY you're mistaking me for the other meSz on Pinside. The one that lives in Pittsburgh!

I would love to see the Leafs and Pens. I think it would be some good high scoring games.

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's noon somewhere

You wait till noon? WHY?

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You need adblocker installed.
Pretty much pick a sport. Pick a game. Pick a broadcast and click play.
I run my pc through my tv's HDMI. So I don't know if the same site is mobile friendly or not. [quoted image]

Same here and the video quality is often better then the major networks, at least here in the States.

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I run my pc through my tv's HDMI.

The nice thing about putting it on the big screen is putting up 4 games in each corner.

2 weeks later
#661 2 years ago

1 period left in Caps season ..... who will Wilson cheap shot ?

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Bruins are very scary. Gonna go thru the Isles like corn thru a goose

I’ve experienced some of those corn moments.... never good!

#675 2 years ago

Always good to be back home

DD0E7725-D66E-4446-88A0-38F95D6D549C (resized).jpegDD0E7725-D66E-4446-88A0-38F95D6D549C (resized).jpeg
#678 2 years ago

So says the guy that lives in the city that the last time they won was 50+ years ago and the odds of winning were 1 in 12

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Isles tie it up!! 2-2

Of course they tie it up. Pens outshooting 2-1

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I have no delusion to who I cheer for.
1967 was 18 years before I was born. I have no expectations, just hope.

I know the feeling. My dad started season tickets in 68 ..... took 23 years (ROUGH YEARS) to win. Never imagined a Cup nonetheless 5!

Pens are on the downslope but it’s been a great ride!

#695 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wtf...how drunk are you?!
Not your average meSz post

Not as much as The Law!!!!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Starts at Sullivan, that bitch is out.
Guentzels baby tits is out; had enough season only stars thanks.
Mathison is the worst player i have seen in a decade, yes this includes Letang 2014-2020. Dont come on the ice wearing #5 with that shit.
Petter-ass; DEAD! Don't come on the ice wearing Ann Arbor's own Ian Cole 2 time champions #28 with that puke fuck.
Go fuck all of you, same shit diff'rent year you make me sick. I never once thought this "team" would win watching their bullshit letting a bunch of short, hairy, Long Islanders push you around.[quoted image]

All that is needed is a video of you driving over the Pens banner with the lawnmower

#715 2 years ago

If anyone is liking for me I’ll be over in the bourbon thread

#739 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its bad, but teams have always pulled some shit when it comes to visitors.
2007 & 2008 I wasn't allowed to buy Pens Stanley Cup home tickets because I had a Michigan Area code.
But yeah I mean this is pure shit....it's almost so insane ite like Florida is involved!

LOL - back in the early 90’s the Capital’s did the same thing. They would not allow ANY ticket sales to people calling from a PA area code. Penguin fans out numbered caps fans in their own arena.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

Stay classy Tampa Bay. What a downright pathetic move to force fans of opposing teams sitting in $400 seats to remove their jerseys.

2 tickets to Official NHL Game 300+$
Cost for an Official NHL team Jersey 250ish$
Being told you can’t wear the Official NHL jersey at an NHL game between two NHL teams .......... Fn priceless

(my predicted NHL response “we have no say so on what the individual NHL venues restrict their fans from wearing”)

#750 2 years ago

Whilst I understand that game1 of any series is a feeling out game but this Bruins Isles game is brutal to watch.

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

The Maple Leafs are taking the Cup this year!
I really wish sports betting was legal in California,I would of put down a nice chunk of change on a futures bet mid season.

Step away from the alcohol

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm the king . LEAFS TONITE.
[quoted image]

More like the Queen .....but hey we're not here to judge!!!

GO LEAFS GO .... now back to the Bourbon thread .... or the GnRCE playfield debacle, which leads me to drink!

#800 2 years ago

Hate to say it Leaf fans .... it’s over Johnny

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

On the TD Garden jumbotron there was constant messaging about the requirement to wear a mask. Full capacity of spectators maybe 1 or 2% of them were actually wearing masks during the game.

Maskholes

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Who wants Minor Midget Marner at 10 mil?????

Give ya Malkin for him! (wait is that USD or CAD)

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Clean hockey hit. Keep your head up Evans. Not sure if Evans saw him coming and decided to go for the goal.....or if he didn't see him at all. But you gotta keep your head up.
Etiquette wise was it correct with the game most likely on ice. No. Scheifele will most likely have to answer the bell next game.
I doubt he will be suspended.

Agree! Thought it was a hard hit. Didn’t see that it was “to the head”. Of course the NHL is still trying to do damage control for the Wilson debacle so he may get suspended til Christmas!!!

That’s the beauty of the NHL ..... you just never know and it never makes sense!

Let’s Go Bucs!!! (for you that may not know, that’s the minor league baseball team in Pittsburgh)

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We should get a poll going lol

Whilst I agree with you I think the NHL will suspend him and you and I will be trying to make sense out of it.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisLIX:

Scheifele 4 games suspension! Better than nothing! He is lucky it was his first cheap shot in career because it could have been easily 8 games like Wilson received this year!!
Now GO Montreal!!! Let's win quickly this serie!

Damage control for Wilson debacle. If Evans didn't get hurt we wouldn't be talking about this!

Every ordeal, since the bad decision not to suspend Wilson, has ended up as a suspension.

#887 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The NHL may as well just rewrite the rules at this point.

they do that already .... almost every night

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Another game going to OT!
Boston/NY Islanders tied 3-3

You drinking? Bos isles 1-1 in OT
Car TB 2-2 in 3rd looking at OT

#893 2 years ago

And the weasel wins it

#911 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Vegas making things interesting!!!

Fleury carrying the team!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff June is a tough one to go dry. But its 'only a month

Yeah I mean pick February to go dry, just make sure it’s not a leap year!

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I chose June because my 5 week vacation starts July 1st.....and I know I'll be drinking like a fish during that time

#915 2 years ago

Congrats Canada on the IIHF Gold!

#943 2 years ago

Congrats to the Habs, impressive series!

#956 2 years ago

Congrats to the Isles. Very impressive win tonight. Controlled most of the game.

#964 2 years ago

Man I really thought Avs had all the potential to win it all.

#981 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

No playoff hockey yesterday, no playoff hockey today....[quoted image]

Living in Edmonton you would think you'd be use to that!!!!

#986 2 years ago

Big win for the Habs!

#989 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Why Calf? ..I have thought for while you are a "secret agent" Spin your tales elsewhere Mesz.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

#991 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

He's drinking for me today.

gotta love the teamwork!

#993 2 years ago

Bolts went up 2-1 in tonight’s game and then turned into the Devils of the past. Game got very boring very fast.

#1005 2 years ago

This is like Déjà vu for Fleury, play some great hockey but make one big mistake per game, get pulled and replacement goalie gets a big win. I would think, if you're Vegas, you're going to go with Lehner again.

#1007 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Agree Mesz, especially after his press conference

I didn't see the press conference. As much as I love hockey I never watch the press conferences as it's 90% asinine questions or the same questions over and over.

Most common question "what do you have to do to win the game".....I just want someone to reply, score more goals then the other team!

#1015 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Habs up 3-2 now.
The T-Mobile arena has been very quiet tonight.

You see the “party” outside watching on the large screen? Think there were 40 people!

#1017 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm assuming that's probably due to covid gathering restrictions in Quebec.

It was outside Vegas' rink

#1022 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I hope you win some moolah.
I came in third this year in my pool out of ten teams. Even caught the commisioner of the pool cheating/colluding with another poolie with shady trades.
I'm done with hockey pools me thinks.

First the Lightning find a loophole in having all their players come back for the beginning of the playoffs and being 20 million over the cap and now this!!!!

It is a shame that something as simple as a pool someone has to try and cheat.

#1055 2 years ago

Congrats to the Habs as well as Canada, 10 years since a Canadian team has made the finals so sure all Canadians have to feel good about a Habs win!

#1080 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You Lost a little Street cred with that 6TH PLACE FINISH

If I would've played in the poll I would've brought up 9th place!

I think if the Isles can survive the first period, giving up a shorty, being outshot ... the game is theirs!

#1083 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

I am listening to the Lightning radio broadcast. First time I've ever heard Phil Esposito call a game. It's really something...

That bad huh?

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

He's only a couple minutes behind what is happening on the ice and needs a little bit of redirection.

Yeah kind of figured that. At 79 it's hard for anyone that age to keep up. Mike Lange (announcer for Pittsburgh) was one of the best but as he got up in age and was still doing TV he was always behind the play. When the TV rights were picked up by another network the ousted him. The Penguins kept him on doing radio but now he's only doing games here and there (more due to health issues).

Game update - Isles haven't had a SOG in 10 min

#1087 2 years ago

No congrats to TB "Cheaters"

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

No congrats to TB "Cheaters"

I'll retract this as TB didn't cheat more then they took advantage of a loophole in the NHL "rules".

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Been almost 30 years.
Is it their year finally?

Price is going to have to have stellar series for Habs to win. If the Habs win it just hand the Conn Smythe to Price.

#1095 2 years ago

Vasi vs Price is going to be the deciding factor in all likelihood.

IDK as the Bolts defensively can make it so Vasi has an easier game. Look at last night's game, 18 SOG. I believe the highest SOG in the series the Isles had was 31. Averaged 26 SOG for the series so it's not as if Vas had a lot of work.

#1120 2 years ago

Taking the Habs in the upset!

#1121 2 years ago

If this what the series is going to look like, I’d like to take the Lightning in 3 games!

#1129 2 years ago

I love when people say "Zero Chance"... it usually ends up biting them in the ass...

The Canucks have a better chance of making it to the Finals in the next ten years then the Habs do at winning this ......... ZERO chance!

#1133 2 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I'm a huge Tampa Bay fan, and while I do see Tampa winning the cup again this year, I'm not going to bet on it being easy. The Canadiens were able to make it to the finals for a reason. We saw Carey Price have an off day on Monday. I highly doubt we see him that way for the rest of the series. When that man is in the zone, he's scary good. I'm just glad we have Vasy on our side to help even things out. I would be very surprised if we saw a high scoring game again tonight. Which is good, as I need this series to be over fast, and with low scoring games, if I want to hold my lead in my playoff pool lol.

Whilst I agree with your Price comment I also look at the fact that the team in front of him was just flat! Unless Price can score goals it doesn't matter how scary good he is!

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Most of the Habs shots so far have been “crest shots” Easy breezy saves by Vasey. The shot totals are not weighted.

I feel right at home with the way the Habs are playing .... it's like watching the Penguins. A deluge of shots but none are really good scoring chances and then when on the PP they don't shoot!

This post sponsored by Bourbon!

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Habs tie it up with 2 mins left then win the game!
My magic eight ball just said so!

Your magic 8 ball is broken.

Sweep is forthcoming. Habs just don’t have the offensive power!

#1163 2 years ago

Congrats to the habs making the Finals but it’s over! Really want to see Price get a Cup but it’s not happening this year!

Question for the Montreal folks…. I was always enamored by the fact that the Habs fans never really booed anyone. They had such an appreciation for good hockey that even the worst of opponents they would applaud if that player had a good game. When did that change? watching tonight they booed every Lighting player during the announcement of the starting lineups.

#1172 2 years ago

So tomorrow who is starting the 2022 NHL thread?

#1176 2 years ago

yeah the plug was about to be pulled on the life support machine but due to some last minute paper work......

Habs with 17 SOG for the game

#1186 2 years ago
D94D3D81-BC4E-4DA0-8DEA-2F39714F62B1 (resized).jpegD94D3D81-BC4E-4DA0-8DEA-2F39714F62B1 (resized).jpeg
#1187 2 years ago

Carry Price should be MVP but losing player doesn’t get that honor.

#1205 2 years ago

Two predictions for next year ...
1. The NHL imposes the Lightning rule that salary caps do count in the playoffs. Or some change so what happened this year doesn't happen again.
2. Lightning don't make it past the second round with a non-covid season and having to stay under the cap

#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Don't know Mesz you got Vassey and Kuch. .thats 1/3 of a contender.

Whilst I agree that they're a 1/3 of a contender with those two .... Vas really wasn't tested and wasn't a big factor in the Finals. Lightning could've won that with Andersen (too soon)!

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Think about it Mesz why would a player want to leave Tampa?. Happy wife happy life.

Money!
Also, keep in mind they're 20 mill over the cap so people have to go!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Coming from the NFL thread I don;t think you should open up a new thread every year...makes it easier to search around for things people post years later

This is why a new one is done. Any newbee can't see how bad my last year predictions are!

4 months later
#1219 2 years ago

What better beer to have for the Pens game! High in alcohol so pens look good.

E62E92C6-B4B8-492E-9840-C79593891EBE (resized).jpegE62E92C6-B4B8-492E-9840-C79593891EBE (resized).jpeg
#1221 2 years ago

Big win for the Pens. For about ten minutes of the game Florida was skating circles around them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider meSz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=meSz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.