cheers.gif
20210628_144927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210628_142531 (resized).jpg
7E968C94-A78F-4696-BE6B-73B68CEABCE7 (resized).jpeg
20210625_135746 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210624-212822.png
Screenshot_20210624-212827.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 3 years ago

Go Habs Go, baby!!

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Hoping the Kings can climb out of the basement with their youth and resemble their 2012 and 2014 form. We shall see. Doubt they will be cup contenders this year, but some glimmer of hope for years to come would be nice.

They have some great players coming up in the system... but I think you're gonna be similar to last year... in the mix for the #1 pick. Anaheim looks similar.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Yeah, their prospect pool is top notch but will take some time. They finished last year with a 7 or 8 game win streak and were starting to show signs of gelling as a team. Hoping that will continue but then again, that was 8 months ago... We shall see.

Their first pick this year is gonna be GOOOOOOD

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That mcdavid & draisatl in Edmonton are pretty good players..

Ya... those guys can hockey.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Leafs waive Jason Spezza.

Just saving money on cap.
Habs sent Romanov to the Taxi squad for the days in between games to save cap.

#88 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tonight's Hurricanes/Predators game has been postponed.

Canes and Panthers also postponed...

Poor Panthers have barely played thus far to no fault of their own.

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Please..have you seen what my Canucks have done lately? The sky is crying when I listen to my local hacks here..

I have... and have enjoyed it!

Go Habs Go!!

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

WHO???
For personal reasons sucks though. Wish no bad on the guy at all just felt his time was done as a GM.

Ya. Never good to hear that.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That sounds pretty weak, but w all the bs political correctness nowadays..Don Cherry, who is beloved by many up here, was let go because, he too, made a comment about ‘all you people’ referring to immigrants to Canada for not wearing a poppy around Remembrance Day. We’re pretty multi cultural..He supported our troops big time, is a proud old Canadian boy. Shit, gotta really watch what we say, and around whom nowadays. Wtf happened?!

Cherry was well past his expiry date. That comment was simply the final nail in his coffin.
Can't say I've missed the blowhard at all.
Love that he supports troops and all that... but his views were biased and VERY outdated.

1 week later
#163 3 years ago

How bout them Habs!?

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Like I said before....they look scary!
Winnipeg looks good even though HelluvaBuick is off to a uncharacteristic start.
Also...I love Paul Maurice.
"You're beeking my captain!"

Early days... on both accounts.
Helly looked a little rough on a few goals. Sure he'll bounce back.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You jinxed them. Losing to Ottawa 3-1 right now.

I knew it would happen!

Hopefully they aren't the replacement for Detroit last year. Still can't believe Detroit swept the season last year.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So the Habs "look scary"???? They played one game so far against a team that's above 500 and lost tonight vs the Sens.......you can order your playoff tickets now but don't pay for the 3rd round.

Huemanatee already said everything I would.

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

1978 1993 and 1994 , made it to the semi finals , should been toronto v montreal final in 93 except for the missed call on the Gretzky high stick , damn Kerry Fraser ( I think the hair spray was put on a little to thick that day )

Habs would have won anyways.
Nobody was beating Roy that year. He single handedly carried the team on his back.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Small window to win now. Mr cap is tapping at our shoulders
How much is Matthew s going to cost ..another Edmonton ?

When does Matthews get his next deal?
They are already in cap hell. Can't sign defenseman or a new Goalie after Andersen leaves next year.

#244 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Not a big fan of Hextal at all but maybe he will bring a few gritty players to the Pens. It's something the Penguins haven't had in a few years.

Since Gorges Laraque?

#246 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Penguins had Reaves in 2017 ... that's the last one I can think of.

Right. Forgot he was there before STL

#260 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Or is it? I mean Habs playing like they have Covid but game is on!

I'm at a loss. They started out on fire in the start of the Leaf game.... then they just slowed down and look like crap. Confusing.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's ESPN. They do very little coverage of hockey. When the Cup champion is crowned it's covered in the last 30 seconds of their SportsDesk. Here in the States hockey is 4th in sports.

5th in some states where Nascar supercedes it.

#297 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree! As much as I am a hockey fan I will be the first to admit it's nowhere near what it's like in Canada. I remember a few years ago a rerun of College Softball Championship, yes a rerun not a live broadcast, on ESPN beat out a live broadcast of a Stanley Cup Finals game in tv ratings.

Ya... I don't really see NHL ever being full on mainstream in the majority of the US. In certain areas it will thrive as it has (looking at you Minnesota!)... but others will continually struggle (looking at you Florida and Arizona!).

1 week later
#344 3 years ago

After getting hosed on video review again... Habs lose to Sens and axe the coaching staff... strong move... I like it.

#346 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

i just don't get this review , is the goalie allowed 10 minutes to reset ? he looked well in position to be reset . this stuff is getting ridiculous

I know... Gallagher was a tad upset about it in post game interviews. He is bang on. Plenty of 'reset' time there.

2 months later
#509 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Fresh!!!
[quoted image]

There's still printed material!!??

1 week later
#558 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The weeds on your lawn concern me. Grass looks great!
You need this bad boy. It's actually fun.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just ordered one from Crappy Tire.

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I'm fired up and going to weed right now!

Great. I'll PM my address.

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I created one via the NHL.com playoff bracket contest.
https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/31592&join_token=5A5B262B7B
League Name: Pinsiders
League Password: PinsideHockey
For those interested, you can win prizes from the NHL public league. But our Pinside bracket league is just for shits and giggles.

Nice.
Joined.
I look forward to future bragging rights.

#613 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And I'm sure they have already sold tickets and they can make a little bit of money.

No fans in buildings here.
Tv deal maybe.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

My bracket is fucked.

You were picking with your heart clearly.

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

HwyHed in the lead!!
[quoted image]

Jebus. Did they pick the Jets!!!?

#701 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I did! Oilers were a good reg season team, but I felt that the peg had a bigger, more proven playoff team. Went w my gut instinct on my picks..

Good on ya.
I saw the Jets in the final month and thought they'd get destroyed.

#742 2 years ago

If I get a Vegas win it hurts a lot of your brackets!

#769 2 years ago

Well... looks like the Avs are pretty unstoppable.... so my bracket could be completely screwed especially if the Habs take out the Leafs tonight.

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I don't think anyone in our bracket challenge picked the Habs to win.

I'm a Hab fan and picked Leafs in 6

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Anderson (Habs) always scares me...

Burlington boy... gotta love the big speedy power forward. He's been fairly quiet this series... I hope to see him break out tonight!

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Seth Jones for Nylander

Jones is a UFA.

Trade a big contract for prospects and sign Jones.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I bet the Leafs will be in the mix for Jones

Would need to move a lot of money out though.

#939 2 years ago

Got ourselves a 3 game series now between Avs and Knights!

#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Now the Habs have won an incredible SEVEN in a row. Just hand them the cup already, right? I mean.... fuck Corey Perry but Carey Price deserves it.

You don't like Scorey Perry?

#955 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Habs fans right now[quoted image]

Yuuuup.
Hope to see it go 7 and some stars on the winning side get injured (not badly... but enough to keep them out of action for 7 games!)

Also... if Vegas can win this... it helps my chances in the pool greatly!

#962 2 years ago

Come on Vegas!

My only shot at not finishing last.

1 week later
#1011 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It was his passion at being trashed on twitter. I was happy for him.
Really Tough decision.

If you believe that story I have some sweet Oceanside property in Alberta I'll sell you cheap.

#1027 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

HABS tap in for par or Game 7?

Hopefully can win one on St. Jean-Baptiste day in QC!!

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I would go as far to default that 93 cup to Toronto.

Nobody was beating the Habs/Roy that year... nice try though. A for effort.

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Congrats to poppapin for winning the playoff bracket pool!!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats...

On one hand I would have liked to win... on the other I'm a Hab fan and am happy I was wrong about Vegas going to the cup.

#1094 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Price is going to have to have stellar series for Habs to win. If the Habs win it just hand the Conn Smythe to Price.

Vasi vs Price is going to be the deciding factor in all likelihood.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

IDK as the Bolts defensively can make it so Vasi has an easier game. Look at last night's game, 18 SOG. I believe the highest SOG in the series the Isles had was 31. Averaged 26 SOG for the series so it's not as if Vas had a lot of work.

True. Habs have also limited shots and shot quality against Vegas.
I think this will be similar to Habs v Leafs but TB has better goalie and defenceman

#1116 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

He was being clever ...should of up voted and will. I got a chuckel
I think marner is going to be a beast during next season and playoffs. A kid like this will figure it out Luch

Caufield is one goal short of matching Marners playoff career totals...

#1124 2 years ago

If Armia is inserted game 2... different game imho

#1127 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know everyone is lovey-dovey about the Habs But ZERO chance they beat Tampa. Sorry No Cinderella shoe.

I love when people say "Zero Chance"... it usually ends up biting them in the ass...

#1149 2 years ago

Forgot Covid made it a one game series this year.

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I think you may have missed the joke there.

Actually I think you may have there

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Congrats to the habs making the Finals but it’s over! Really want to see Price get a Cup but it’s not happening this year!
Question for the Montreal folks…. I was always enamored by the fact that the Habs fans never really booed anyone. They had such an appreciation for good hockey that even the worst of opponents they would applaud if that player had a good game. When did that change? watching tonight they booed every Lighting player during the announcement of the starting lineups.

Who knows.
Also booed Pacioretty last series on every touch. Guy landed us Suzuki... frankly I'd like to thank him, not boo him.

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

So does the mayor of Tampa! Hilarious news clip.

She seems... "Special"

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So tomorrow who is starting the 2022 NHL thread?

This aged well

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

And I think it's always been a goalie.

Nope.
5 times it's happened.
3 times a goalie.

#1191 2 years ago

Congrats to Tampa on back to back Covid Cups.

I mean Stanley Cup.

My bad.

#1200 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

no doubt! Now for the fun stuff upcoming. The draft, potential trades, overpriced contracts, and the expansion draft! Welcome to the kraken..

Expansion draft should be good

#1209 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

New 2022 thread started.

Link?

#1217 2 years ago
Quoted from Quicksilver1:

As a goalie myself having played (and still playing) the position for 30 years, i'm pretty familiar with multiple eras of goalie gear. Price is listed at 6'3" 219lbs and Vasy is listed also at 6'3" and 6lbs heavier at 225lbs. After seeing this pic, I'm just shocked at the size difference in gear size between both tendy's. Vasy's chesty looks absolutely absurd, almost like a box lacrosse goalie. The sleight height difference I can understand because of different skates and different runners on the skates, but the size of the chesty has me shaking my head. Either Price is playing with some seriously undersized gear, or Vasy is playing with an illegal size c/a. I know all gear gets checked for size confirmation, but damn. It's a miracle the Habs managed to even get 8 pucks past Vasy in this series.
[quoted image]

His chest protector almost looks loose... which in theory would really deaden any shot and reduce rebounds. Kinda like throwing a ball at a hanging blanket.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=Canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.