cheers.gif
20210628_144927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210628_142531 (resized).jpg
7E968C94-A78F-4696-BE6B-73B68CEABCE7 (resized).jpeg
20210625_135746 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210624-212822.png
Screenshot_20210624-212827.png
There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.
#401 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Nope, same here! Remember when back to back games were something to look forward too?? Pens played the Flyers this week!
Hard to complain though as the season could've been cancelled and we would only be posting on the "who likes beer thread"!

I am alright with it due to the pandemic but like that when the full season returns I get to see the Pens every year out here in AZ instead of waiting x amount of years like the old days

#402 3 years ago

R.i.P Walter Gretzky. You deserve the statue outside that arena.

#403 3 years ago

met Walter at a leafs game back in 1998 , at the last game Wayne was playing there at the gardens , Walter would shake everyone's hand , pose for any picture , sign anything you ask him too , and he would smile at all the kids and tell some amazing stories , that guy never said no to anyone , there are very few pro athlete's who where even close to this !

#404 3 years ago

Man I had so many good times at the gardens ..hawking souvenirs , the concerts , so many great memories .

#405 3 years ago

Worked at the CNE for a few summers...remember climbing the bulova clock multiple times and smokin a few scoobies with my best friend , who got me the job , before heading to see a concert or jays game. The CNE now is a shadow of itself but still fun!

#406 3 years ago

I sadly never got to see a game at the gardens

#407 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I was fortunate enough to see about a dozen or so.

Getting seats behind the net in the first rafters was like being on a 60 minute roller coaster ride. Anytime a player would cross the blueline and wind up to shoot everyone would flinch and protect their face. So many errant tips or deflection would send the puck flying right into the rafters. This was before the protective netting was ever used.

#408 3 years ago

The steps to the greys were brutal

#409 3 years ago

nothing beats the nose bleeds at the old Buffalo Auditorium , those seats were at a 45 deg angle , they gave you a parachute on the way in !

#410 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

So this will make ya go ... back in the late 80s AAA Travel was the "official travel agency of the Penguins". Well back then most hockey teams used regular commercial flights to get from one place to another. AAA had a promotion "Fly away with the Penguins" (like) six times (games) a year. For a trip to Toronto it cost 180$ (USD). For that we received a plane ticket, hotel for the night, a ticket to the game and breakfast. Unbeknownst to us, at the time, we flew with the team so they could fill an entire plane and then we stayed at the same hotel as them as well.

My brother and I sat next to Craig Patrick on the plane. I don't get star struck at all but my brother was excited. I told him to leave the guy alone. 5 minutes later Patrick strikes up a conversation with us. From there on for the whole flight Patrick talked hockey. It was an experience I'll never forget.

After the game the next morning we went for breakfast and sat next to Paul Coffey and Keven Stevens.

Hell of an experience for 180$.

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The steps to the greys were brutal

Second and last time at the Garden we sat in the Greys ..... if I had season tickets in the Greys to the Garden the last 20 years I wouldn't be a pound over weight (slight writers embellishment)!

#411 3 years ago

cool craig was the grandson of lester patrick

#412 3 years ago

meSz , that would never happen today , very nice story

#413 3 years ago

Feels good to win 2 in a row..especially vs the leafs!!! Demko is getting in a groove..

#414 3 years ago

Tom Wilson suspended for 7 games.
Reaves needs to straighten him out....again. Maybe they'll meet in the playoffs?

#415 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tom Wilson suspended for 7 games.

7 games for what the referees deemed a good hit (no penalty called).

For anyone in Canada that can't understand why hockey isn't as big here as in Canada .... refereeing is one of those reasons. It's always been horrible and continues to be.

Anyone agree with the Ovechkin spear to the groin was a 2 min penalty? Anyone else, other then Ovechkin and a few other star players, and that's a 5, 10 and game misconduct followed by a suspension. Ovechkin, 2 minute ROUGHING (what a joke) penalty and 5k fine.

#416 3 years ago

Happy national hockey day. Yes his past made him get the 7 gems suspension

#417 3 years ago

Benning press conference was hard to listen to.
I suspect he's gone for sure. 7 years in not much and questionable moves. Also many owners may look at a Kyle Dubas type. Shanahan president of the year. Kyle Dubas GM of the year.

#418 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Benning press conference was hard to listen to.
I suspect he's gone for sure. 7 years in not much and questionable moves. Also many owners may look at a Kyle Dubas type. Shanahan president of the year. Kyle Dubas GM of the year.

He’s definitely made some mistakes, w bad contracts. Loui erikkson isn’t even playing! He’s drafted pretty good, shit, he should be a lead scout, not a gm. Sucks, cuz if they go to a new gm, coach Green is probably gone too. I like green, but who knows what the owners (Aquilini’s) do. He kinda reminds me of a Jerry Jones. Let the coaches coach, n let the gm do his job.

#419 3 years ago

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sources-nhl-espn-reach-seven-year-u-s-broadcast-deal/

Bad news for US. Espn coverage of hockey is not great. When they had the rights previously they broadcasted 2 games a week.

I can see them doing one game a week on ESPN and then carrying more on ESPN+ forcing people to pay. We shall see.

#420 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sources-nhl-espn-reach-seven-year-u-s-broadcast-deal/
Bad news for US. Espn coverage of hockey is not great. When they had the rights previously they broadcasted 2 games a week.
I can see them doing one game a week on ESPN and then carrying more on ESPN+ forcing people to pay. We shall see.

VIPleague.LC

You can stream any game any time you want. Just install ad blocker and you're set.

#421 3 years ago

I see no one was clever enough to ram me over my recent Dubas / Bernie Love affair!
Dubas in contention yes, but let's see Leafs play outside of division.cant wait for playoffs boys / girls ...and OK ..pansexuals as well.

#422 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I see no one was clever enough to ram me over my recent Dubas / Bernie Love affair!
Dubas in contention yes, but let's see Leafs play outside of division.cant wait for playoffs boys / girls ...and OK ..pansexuals as well.

I'll give you two weeks before you call for Keefe to be fired again

#423 3 years ago

The suits say the days of all sports talk is over.
May only be time before my beloved fan590 changes format. Bell media slashes hundreds of jobs in sports division , now I have to listen to Amy talk about her house. If anyone get that.

#424 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

My concern is yes all is lovey now...but when hard questions are asked why did you not beat Tampa ? He better not stutter. Just saying this is Toronto . It's actually worse in Montreal.

#425 3 years ago

Andersen been shakey. I would ride Campbell for a while ..just sayin...likely will happen because , you never know , Brendan and Dubas may be a pin head

#426 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

VIPleague.LC
You can stream any game any time you want. Just install ad blocker and you're set.

Thanks hue.

#427 3 years ago

Liquor makes me wild. I'm taking a break from this thread

#428 3 years ago

My man cannons are focused on the hockey news right now.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Liquor makes me wild. I'm taking a break from this thread

2 minutes later .......

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My man cannons are focused on the hockey news right now.

#430 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I was fortunate enough to see about a dozen or so.
Getting seats behind the net in the first rafters was like being on a 60 minute roller coaster ride. Anytime a player would cross the blueline and wind up to shoot everyone would flinch and protect their face. So many errant tips or deflection would send the puck flying right into the rafters. This was before the protective netting was ever used.

Exactly,right. Remember ballards bunker? What an experience watching the leafs play..I was too busy getting bossed around by my uncle./souviner stand

#431 3 years ago

Oh yeah I forgot I’m banning myself.

#432 3 years ago

Matthews with the O/T winner, fun game to watch.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Andersen needs to go

#434 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

He's got the softest hands in the NHL. Hands down!! (Pun intended)

#435 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

He's got the softest hands in the NHL. Hands down!! (Pun intended)

Probably explains why Justin Bieber has such a man-crush on him

#436 3 years ago

For those of you with the NHL app subscription....what happened to the Standings tab? Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places. But for some reason, when I watch the NHL.tv app on my Apple TV, the standings seem to be missing this year. Any help is appreciated.

#437 3 years ago

Also...what does everyone think about ESPN getting broadcasting rights back next year?

#438 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Also...what does everyone think about ESPN getting broadcasting rights back next year?

ESPN hasnt been any good in a very long time.

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

ESPN hasnt been any good in a very long time.

ESPN is total dogshit. I was fortunate enough to completely ignore them until recently when they made the deal with the UFC. Their on air "talent" is full of assholes who only live to hear themselves speak. I don't have cable tv and refuse to give any money to Disney so I will pirate all the games they show.

#440 3 years ago

Keefe should be fired. Why not ride Campbell??? Wow.

#441 3 years ago

yeah Andersen sucks

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

yeah Andersen sucks

Let's see if keefs hair gel is all melted at the press conf. Jim Ralph just playing Strauss (reffing) violin on the radio. lol

#443 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Keefe should be fired. Why not ride Campbell??? Wow.

There it is!!!!!! LOL

#444 3 years ago

Ralphi's the best , my son played hockey with his son when they were 10 years old in Newmarket , the NHL was on strike that year , so Jim Ralph would be at all the games , he had the best stories about the NHL players , and his own crappy career , had a few good stories about Tony Esposito , when the two of them were with the black hawks . great guy

#445 3 years ago

Oh man was he ticked at the refs! ..I see his point.

#446 3 years ago

Couv Vs Oilers next!

#447 3 years ago

Wow, this Ottawa team is killing us... They must be good.

*Runs to check NHL standings page*

Oh...

Wait....

#448 3 years ago

Can anyone explain to me why Andersen is still in net after 4 goals with a whole period left to go?

#449 3 years ago

hutchison started , let in 2 goals in 7 seconds , then andersen went in and let in two goals in 52 seconds , and here we are !

#450 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

hutchison started , let in 2 goals in 7 seconds , then andersen went in and let in two goals in 52 seconds , and here we are !

So, they pulled the goalies altogether....

Seems like a solid plan bahahhaha

There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-nhl-hockey-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.