cheers.gif
20210628_144927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210628_142531 (resized).jpg
7E968C94-A78F-4696-BE6B-73B68CEABCE7 (resized).jpeg
20210625_135746 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210624-212822.png
Screenshot_20210624-212827.png

There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

In a strange twist, if the Leafs do win the Cup, it may be because of me.

Leafs presently doing well in the standings, but due to you? Do tell...

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Tony DeAngelo placed on waivers by the NYR.
After hearing that I was like....
[quoted image]

Rumours of Georgiev punching DeAngelo last practice.

#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

happy Mike Emeric retired (he was nails on a chalkboard and I think he just liked to hear himself talk) , sad to see Bill Clement retire from the local Philly broadcasts.

Also sad about Bill Clement retiring. He was with the Flyers for years and knew a lot about the game.
Mile Emeric was also with the Flyers back in the 80's (worked with Clement) before going turncoat and working for the Devils. I would rather listen to him all day, every day, than spend 5 minutes listening tp Pierre McGuire.

#154 3 years ago

I was happy w the performance/result of last night’s game vs the Jets. Demko looked very solid tween the pipes, Brock Boeser continued to score a few more goals. Jets have beaten Vancouver 10 straight times going into this game, nice to end that streak. After a bit of an ugly sluggish start, the nux have 4 wins in a row. Next up..Price & the habs..

#155 3 years ago

A young Bacon showing off his literary skills.

20210131_143028 (resized).jpg20210131_143028 (resized).jpg
#156 3 years ago

I repeat I am not a Habs fan. Young bacon was confused. Typical behavior at his age.

#157 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

A young Bacon showing off his literary skills.
[quoted image]

so its your fault!

#158 3 years ago

Master bacon was obviously beyond his years.

20210131_143435 (resized).jpg20210131_143435 (resized).jpg
#159 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Master bacon was obviously beyond his years.
[quoted image]

Funny reading it as glen resch! It’s Chico man..no luv for Mike palmateer, or Mike Liut?!

#160 3 years ago

LOL! The Billy Simith is a lazy writing error obviously

#161 3 years ago

Lol here is my now closed ebay account I had for years as a hobby! My last fridge magnet.

1612122728680-358848412 (resized).jpg1612122728680-358848412 (resized).jpg
#162 3 years ago

From last night...

#163 3 years ago

How bout them Habs!?

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

How bout them Habs!?

Like I said before....they look scary!

Winnipeg looks good even though HelluvaBuick is off to a uncharacteristic start.

Also...I love Paul Maurice.
"You're beeking my captain!"

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Winnipeg looks good even though HelluvaBuick is off to a uncharacteristic start.
Also...I love Paul Maurice.
"You're beeking my captain!"

Early days... on both accounts.
Helly looked a little rough on a few goals. Sure he'll bounce back.

#166 3 years ago

No pens games killing me to watch others buy hey that’s what the hockey package is for baby

#167 3 years ago

Touchdown in Toronto tonight. Didn't see that coming.

#168 3 years ago

How bout them Habs!?

You jinxed them. Losing to Ottawa 3-1 right now.

#169 3 years ago

How bout them Habs!?

Quoted from ImNotNorm:

So the Habs "look scary"???? They played one game so far against a team that's above 500 and lost tonight vs the Sens.......you can order your playoff tickets now but don't pay for the 3rd round.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Touchdown in Toronto tonight. Didn't see that coming.

It was against the struggling Canucks. I really don’t know why I race home to watch them..this team is hard to watch lately , shitty in every aspect, except Quinn Hughes. He’s up there in points for a d men, but a minus 7 going into Toronto. Kinda surprised I got no smack from Cndnpinbacon

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So the Habs "look scary"???? They played one game so far against a team that's above 500 and lost tonight vs the Sens.......you can order your playoff tickets now but don't pay for the 3rd round.

One bad game tonight. It happens.

The point of only beating teams above .500 goes out the window when you play the same 7 teams 7-8 times a season and no one else.

They have the best goals for in the league right now and seem to score at will. (Tonight being the exception)

The only thing shaky about them is Price's frame of mind and health. Having a solid backup to lighten the load will help Price come playoff time.

Adding a Reaves like tough guy for the playoffs will make them scarier.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

It was against the struggling Canucks. I really don’t know why I race home to watch them..this team is hard to watch lately , shitty in every aspect, except Quinn Hughes. He’s up there in points for a d men, but a minus 7 going into Toronto. Kinda surprised I got no smack from Cndnpinbacon

I had high hopes for the Canucks this season. But what the heck is going on?

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Won’t kick you while your down .. Canucks looked bad, what’s with all the dumb penalties? That happens when your chasing the puck all the time. Turned it off midway through the 3rd period.

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

You jinxed them. Losing to Ottawa 3-1 right now.

I knew it would happen!

Hopefully they aren't the replacement for Detroit last year. Still can't believe Detroit swept the season last year.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Huemanatee already said everything I would.

#176 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Won’t kick you while your down .. Canucks looked bad, what’s with all the dumb penalties? That happens when your chasing the puck all the time. Turned it off midway through the 3rd period.

It’s all good man..the boys have played a lot of game’s already, and look tired w all the penalties they’ve taken. Their special teams..not so special. Lots of inconsistencies, the d looks terrible. But who knows, maybe they can turn it around like the blues did a few years ago..and no, I’m not high..

#177 3 years ago

Just watching the highlights from last night. Good on Benn for stepping up, but he was outclassed in this one and was lucky he didn't get his face rearranged.

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Just watching the highlights from last night. Good on Benn for stepping up, but he was outclassed in this one and was lucky he didn't get his face rearranged.

I'm a HUGE Wayne Simmonds fan!

#179 3 years ago

..Best Leafs team in 52 years?
Matthews is sensational
I bash minor Midget marner but no more these kids are special ..Mathews marner combo is deadly . Rip my best friend I lost many years ago..He would be happiest guy in the world

#180 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

It’s all good man..the boys have played a lot of game’s already, and look tired w all the penalties they’ve taken. Their special teams..not so special. Lots of inconsistencies, the d looks terrible. But who knows, maybe they can turn it around like the blues did a few years ago..and no, I’m not high..

What a pylon Myers is...man he stunk

#181 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

What a pylon Myers is...man he stunk

The new Dana Murzyn! It starts up top w Benning. He’s pretty good at drafting, but so shitty at dealing contracts..THAT is what has handcuffed this team. Coach Green can only play w what management can afford. Sure, coach should get a bit of blame,as the players should be accountable too. But a lot of this is on management!

#182 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

..Best Leafs team in 52 years?
Matthews is sensational
I bash minor Midget marner but no more these kids are special ..Mathews marner combo is deadly . Rip my best friend I lost many years ago..He would be happiest guy in the world

you mean 54 years

#183 3 years ago

Yeah that's true ..67 leafs were a long shot to win the Cup

#184 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

you mean 54 years

Small window to win now. Mr cap is tapping at our shoulders
How much is Matthew s going to cost ..another Edmonton ?

#185 3 years ago

1978 1993 and 1994 , made it to the semi finals , should been toronto v montreal final in 93 except for the missed call on the Gretzky high stick , damn Kerry Fraser ( I think the hair spray was put on a little to thick that day )

#186 3 years ago

All these postponed games are wreaking havoc on my hockey pool!!!!

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

All these postponed games are wreaking havoc on my hockey pool!!!!

Yeah it's crazy trying to do a Fantasy League this year

#188 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

1978 1993 and 1994 , made it to the semi finals , should been toronto v montreal final in 93 except for the missed call on the Gretzky high stick , damn Kerry Fraser ( I think the hair spray was put on a little to thick that day )

Unbelievable he didn't make that call. What a goof.

#189 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I may not make my goalie starts for the week. (We need 4 goalie starts a week and the goalie categories are 1/3 of all stats!!!!)

#190 3 years ago

Of course Canada’s political news segment is called “power play”

66D24B7C-C686-444A-956A-02803FE43E07 (resized).jpeg66D24B7C-C686-444A-956A-02803FE43E07 (resized).jpeg
#191 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Unbelievable he didn't make that call. What a goof.

saw him at the all star game in toronto in 2000 , and i asked him about the non call , he kind of just shrugged his shoulders and said , sarcastically, i guess i missed that one ! i think he knew he screwed up !

#192 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

saw him at the all star game in toronto in 2000 , and i asked him about the non call , he kind of just shrugged his shoulders and said , sarcastically, i guess i missed that one ! i think he knew he screwed up !

Fuck off! Did you really? Kuddos to you buddy!

What always bothered me the most about Kerry Fraser was the hair.

#193 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

My friends did not do one this year

#194 3 years ago

We should do a pinside one for next season!

#195 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Habs would have won anyways.
Nobody was beating Roy that year. He single handedly carried the team on his back.

#196 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Small window to win now. Mr cap is tapping at our shoulders
How much is Matthew s going to cost ..another Edmonton ?

When does Matthews get his next deal?
They are already in cap hell. Can't sign defenseman or a new Goalie after Andersen leaves next year.

#197 3 years ago

Hopefully not offending anyone here, as this is an honest question....

How do you guys remember all of this stuff and know all the stats and every game etc etc.

I love hockey, enjoy watching, but I typically just watch leaf games when I can and couldn't tell you much about other teams unless I know the major names...

I'm sure if all I did was watch sports news and other things I'd catch on to more, but I feel like I'd get completely lost with all the stats.

You talk about fantasy leagues and I feel like I'd be at a total loss (or extremely lucky) if I ever tried to play along.

I just feel insignificant in this thread and wish I could add more.

Btw,

Go leafs go!

#198 3 years ago

don't sell yourself short ! your tremendously insignificant ! lol

#199 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Hopefully not offending anyone here, as this is an honest question....
How do you guys remember all of this stuff and know all the stats and every game etc etc.
I love hockey, enjoy watching, but I typically just watch leaf games when I can and couldn't tell you much about other teams unless I know the major names...
I'm sure if all I did was watch sports news and other things I'd catch on to more, but I feel like I'd get completely lost with all the stats.
You talk about fantasy leagues and I feel like I'd be at a total loss (or extremely lucky) if I ever tried to play along.
I just feel insignificant in this thread and wish I could add more.
Btw,
Go leafs go!

Don't feel inadequate. I have an uncanny ability to remember the most mundane minutia.

Being involved in fantasy hockey helps with stats too. And I don't have the NHL network or watch games every night. I do however like to watch the sportsnet YouTube highlights of each game the next day. (It's usually condensed to 5-6 minutes of highlights for each game)

#200 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

don't sell yourself short ! your tremendously insignificant ! lol

There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-nhl-hockey-thread/page/4?hl=beergut666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.