cheers.gif
20210628_144927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210628_142531 (resized).jpg
7E968C94-A78F-4696-BE6B-73B68CEABCE7 (resized).jpeg
20210625_135746 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screenshot_20210624-212822.png
Screenshot_20210624-212827.png
There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Please..have you seen what my Canucks have done lately? The sky is crying when I listen to my local hacks here..

I have... and have enjoyed it!

Go Habs Go!!

#102 3 years ago

CBJ acquire Laine, Roslovic from Winnipeg in exchange for Dubois

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

CBJ acquire Laine, Roslovic from Winnipeg in exchange for Dubois

Columbus won that trade.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Columbus won that trade.

Agree!

#105 3 years ago

Not when Totorella loses it again in the playoffs

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not when Totorella loses it again in the playoffs

Player's are pre-madonna's nowadays. Torts has sharp elbows and pre-madonna's don't like that. Columbus is better without Dubois.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Player's are pre-madonna's nowadays. Torts has sharp elbows and pre-madonna's don't like that. Columbus is better without Dubois.

I love watching him lose it, fun stuff for sure

#108 3 years ago

The Jets also retained a portion of Laine's salary.

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Jets also retained a portion of Laine's salary.

so is salary will be in the line up next game !

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jesus another year of OT wins? Better than loses !

!!

#111 3 years ago

Fun fact: The Florida Panthers lead the league in fan attendance this year.

mind-blown.gifmind-blown.gif
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Columbus won that trade.

will Winnipeg even lock in Dubois this summer for contract extension? I like the trade for both teams actually ...shieffle and Dubois You kidding me?

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

will Winnipeg even lock in Dubois this summer for contract extension? I like the trade for both teams actually ...shieffle and Dubois You kidding me?

I can see them trying to. Dubois' father is an assistant coach with the Manitoba Moose.

I'm not really a fan of Dubois. But I think he will do well in Winnipeg with guys like Wheeler and Scheifele doing all the work and setting him up for goals.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Fun fact: The Florida Panthers lead the league in fan attendance this year.[quoted image]

Fun Fact for 2021 -Panthers have more fans die of COVID then any other team!

Another win for the Pens and didn't take OT to decide the game. Not that it matters to me as I will take any wins right now. Give the Pens time to put it together.

#115 3 years ago

Mike Babcock on NBC trying to salvage his reputation. Lol

Bye Mike!!

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Mike Babcock on NBC trying to salvage his reputation. Lol
Bye Mike!!

Another Mad Mike!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Someone here is going to be ...

What will all his posts be aboot now?!?

#119 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

What will all his posts be aboot now?!?

Hahaha true. But I do like his passion

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Someone here is going to be happy hearing this.

WHO???

For personal reasons sucks though. Wish no bad on the guy at all just felt his time was done as a GM.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

WHO???
For personal reasons sucks though. Wish no bad on the guy at all just felt his time was done as a GM.

Ya. Never good to hear that.

#124 3 years ago

Really .. wonder why?

#125 3 years ago

Sheldon Keefe coach of the year ?

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Sheldon Keefe coach of the year ?

4 days ago you wanted him fired and his head on a platter Bacon!! LOL

#127 3 years ago

So help me out here ...... here in the States NBC fired Milbury (famous for jumping into the stands and beating a guy with a shoe, probably won't get into the HHoF for that) for saying "“Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration” when talking about the bubble. So they hire Mike Babcock to take his place ...... classic!

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So they hire Mike Babcock to take his place ...... classic!

What is Babcock's blemish?

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So help me out here ...... here in the States NBC fired Milbury (famous for jumping into the stands and beating a guy with a shoe, probably won't get into the HHoF for that) for saying "“Not even any woman here to disrupt your concentration” when talking about the bubble. So they hire Mike Babcock to take his place ...... classic!

I can’t really say much about Milbury, and Babs was a helluva coach back in the day. Up here, in the great white north, we have Brian Burke. He doesn’t do the commentary, just has takes during intermissions. He has this angry pissed off look all the time, is intelligent about the game. I do like his takes/opinions. He still reminds me of a older grumpy Stewie from family guy..lol

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you Google Mike Babcock allegations you'll get a lot of results but this will sum it up....
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/01/mike-babcock-talks-about-allegations-of-abuse

Of course if you're over the age of 25, like me, you'll read all the allegations and say ...... yeah that's the same type of coaching I had when I played!

Quoted from hwyhed:

I can’t really say much about Milbury,

Neither can I. I mean if you ask anyone outside of Boston what they know about him you will receive one of the two replies:
1. Who?
2. Oh he's the player that beat a fan with a shoe.

With that said, he still didn't deserve to lose his job over the statement. I think if he said "here in the bubble the players have no distractions" he would've been fine. The fact he specifically said "woman".......the politically correct police were called.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If you Google Mike Babcock allegations you'll get a lot of results but this will sum it up....
Of course if you're over the age of 25, like me, you'll read all the allegations and say ...... yeah that's the same type of coaching I had when I played!

Neither can I. I mean if you ask anyone outside of Boston what they know about him you will receive one of the two replies:
1. Who?
2. Oh he's the player that beat a fan with a shoe.
With that said, he still didn't deserve to lose his job over the statement. I think if he said "here in the bubble the players have no distractions" he would've been fine. The fact he specifically said "woman".......the politically correct police were called.

That sounds pretty weak, but w all the bs political correctness nowadays..Don Cherry, who is beloved by many up here, was let go because, he too, made a comment about ‘all you people’ referring to immigrants to Canada for not wearing a poppy around Remembrance Day. We’re pretty multi cultural..He supported our troops big time, is a proud old Canadian boy. Shit, gotta really watch what we say, and around whom nowadays. Wtf happened?!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Gotcha thanks. EDIT: Yeah I didn't here much of that when here was here...weird.

Quoted from hwyhed:

.....Don Cherry...

Was loved down here too...but he was a dumbass Canadian Archie Bunker; which worked awesome in the 70s.

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Don Cherry, who is beloved by many up here, was let go because, he too, made a comment about ‘all you people’ referring to immigrants to Canada for not wearing a poppy around Remembrance Day.

IMO Cherry was an ass clown (sorry Canadians) BUT he didn't deserve to be fired over what he said at all. I respected him for not apologizing as he could've got his job back.

Quoted from TheLaw:

but he was a dumbass Canadian Archie Bunker; which worked awesome in the 70s.

Good analogy!

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

That sounds pretty weak, but w all the bs political correctness nowadays..Don Cherry, who is beloved by many up here, was let go because, he too, made a comment about ‘all you people’ referring to immigrants to Canada for not wearing a poppy around Remembrance Day. We’re pretty multi cultural..He supported our troops big time, is a proud old Canadian boy. Shit, gotta really watch what we say, and around whom nowadays. Wtf happened?!

Cherry was well past his expiry date. That comment was simply the final nail in his coffin.
Can't say I've missed the blowhard at all.
Love that he supports troops and all that... but his views were biased and VERY outdated.

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird tactics ..Chelios says he was ..I look at it as being ..I am an egomaniac.
We all need someone to hit our reset button once and a while. "A man in a room alone is the smartest man in the room" -bacon

#136 3 years ago

Pens weren't playing great hockey but were winning and losing in OT but now they have players out and are struggling.

Tuned into the Calgary/Habs game, man what is going on with the Flames (oh yeah they have Lucic).

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Pens weren't playing great hockey but were winning and losing in OT but now they have players out and are struggling.
Tuned into the Calgary/Habs game, man what is going on with the Flames (oh yeah they have Lucic).

Flames just being the Flames.

The habs on the other hand look scary! All they are really missing is an enforcer come playoff time.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Flames just being the Flames.
The habs on the other hand look scary! All they are really missing is an enforcer come playoff time.

Onto the Oilers/Leafs game!

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Onto the Oilers/Leafs game!

Ditto.

#140 3 years ago

Oilers hit the post and the dude working the fake crowd sounds pressed the "fans cheer after goal" button. The play went on for a few seconds before they turned it off.

LOL

#141 3 years ago

Watching the coyotes vs ducks out here after pens loss, ducks goalie just gave the player a stinky glove to the face and gave the player a penalty no way down to the ice they both go

#142 3 years ago

Let start a poll! ;o)

Which is the best Canadian team this year: Montreal Habs, Toronto Maple leafs or Winnipeg Jets?

I am impressed by the Habs so far - my team since my beloved Nords are just a retro jersey now - they score a ton of goal every game. The newcomers Toffoli, Anderson and even Edmundson delivers the good. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are developing really well.

On the Jets side, Connor, Ehlers and even Copp have been on fire this year and now they just added somme depth with Dubois.

As for the Leafs, Marner, Tavares and Nylander are performing better that I thought they would. Matthews and Reilly play as they supposed to be.

Cheers!

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Let start a poll! ;o)
Which is the best Canadian team this year: Montreal Habs, Toronto Maple leafs or Winnipeg Jets?
I am impressed by the Habs so far - my team since my beloved Nords are just a retro jersey now - they score a ton of goal every game. The newcomers Toffoli, Anderson and even Edmundson delivers the good. Suzuki and Kotkaniemi are developing really well.
On the Jets side, Connor, Ehlers and even Copp have been on fire this year and now they just added somme depth with Dubois.
As for the Leafs, Marner, Tavares and Nylander are performing better that I thought they would. Matthews and Reilly play as they supposed to be.
Cheers!

No love/mention of the western teams? Happy to see the nux sweep the sens, I know, it’s the sens. But to have Boeser, Petey, Miller , Horvat get on the score sheet, and build some confidence is huge. It’s early in the season, the Habs look good so far. Let’s wait till maybe 20 games are played, and we’ll have a better idea who the contenders are..

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I know, it’s the sens.

Wow Matt Murray finished last season with 2.87 GAA and is currently at 4.39 GAA with the Sens. One thing I give credit to Rutherford is letting Murray go. Hate to say it but Murray will be a backup goalie by the end of this season if it weren't for the contract Ottawa signed him too. Ottawa could trade him this year, highly unlikely, but might consider it as his no trade clause goes into effect next season.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Wow Matt Murray finished last season with 2.87 GAA and is currently at 4.39 GAA with the Sens. One thing I give credit to Rutherford is letting Murray go. Hate to say it but Murray will be a backup goalie by the end of this season if it weren't for the contract Ottawa signed him too. Ottawa could trade him this year, highly unlikely, but might consider it as his no trade clause goes into effect next season.

I don’t think his D helped him out a lot. I know that the avs are having an issue w keeping a healthy back up . Who wouldn’t wanna go to a contender?

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

One thing I give credit to Rutherford is letting Murray go.

Missing Rutherford already?!?

But seriously, yeah we all see that needed to happen. Even if he was better the frailty of his body is enough to get rid of.

#147 3 years ago

As soon as I heard about Rutherford, I thought of you.

Quoted from meSz:

I always think of the 1991 all star game picks, but what he did to the Islanders was proof enough he doesn't know anything about hockey.

Had a history of sexist remarks.
He also was a super dickhead when PK Subban's head bounced off the ice.
Non stop trash talking the Flyers , despite working for the company that owns them.

I firmly believe the playoffs were going to be his last broadcasts after what he said about Tuukka Rask when Rask left the bubble to be with his daughter. The "women are a distraction" comment just made it happen sooner. Guy was a total piece of shit and rarely ever added anything to the broadcast.

Happy he's gone, happy Mike Emeric retired (he was nails on a chalkboard and I think he just liked to hear himself talk) , sad to see Bill Clement retire from the local Philly broadcasts.

Im kind of amazed that the Pens are 8 games into the schedule and only have 1 regulation win.

#148 3 years ago

As everyone is aware I am a die hard leaf fan.
Calgary is my second favorite team. The leafs are a powerhouse.

#149 3 years ago

In a strange twist, if the Leafs do win the Cup, it may be because of me.

#150 3 years ago

Tony DeAngelo placed on waivers by the NYR.

After hearing that I was like....

deangeloooooo.jpgdeangeloooooo.jpg
There are 1,221 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2021-nhl-hockey-thread/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.