(Topic ID: 256713)

Official 2020 Texas Pinball Festival Thread

By Ed_in_Texas

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 7.22.23 AM (resized).png
    D4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpeg
    BF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG9799 (resized).jpg
    OCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpg
    B915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpg
    me (resized).JPG
    55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg
    55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).png
    jaws (resized).jpg
    AC635A51-D292-4C42-AC2B-216F2E206FBE (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    9739DBC1-B0DB-48E9-A38A-35787CABC9B4 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Because the guy that runs it said so. It was all over Facebook.

And because they have to begin preparations for 2021. When the shop reopens, 2021 and leftover 2020 merchandise will be available.

6 months later
    #402 3 years ago

So I'm booked up to goto TPF 2021 but just looking at Texas - is it really going to happen? The covid situation there looks nuts.

#403 3 years ago

I'm guessing it'll not go on during its normal time. March is still too early, even with potential news about vaccine. So, either 2022 or later in '21..

#404 3 years ago

A lot is going to have to change for me to go.

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

So I'm booked up to goto TPF 2021 but just looking at Texas - is it really going to happen? The covid situation there looks nuts.

Cancelled my Hotel reservation yesterday. As much as I would love to go, the odds of event happening in March are close to 0%.

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

We’re getting little official government guidance. Ed_in_Texas is the guy to ask but I’d be surprised if he has an answer given the current situation. His contact info is on the website.

#407 3 years ago

Were planning on coming if all works out.

-Jeff

Historyofpinball.org

#408 3 years ago

Update posted at the TPF site: https://texaspinball.com/tpf/

#409 3 years ago

Thanks for the update. And (just my opinion), the exact right decision.

#410 3 years ago

January 5th is a month and a half away.
    Unless a vaccine comes out..
    Proven 100% safe & effective, pinball will have to wait until 2022. My local show in New England is now in question with these quarantines, Allentown Is in May so who knows
    this sucks.

#411 3 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Proven 100% safe & effective, pinball will have to wait until 2022. My local show in New England is now defunct, I heard rumors it’s gone not coming back and Allentown may soon follow.

Allentown isn’t dead till I say it’s dead. Let’s not start any rumors. I too am looking at January for guidance. I have doubts about May but will have a show when it’s safe enough to do so.

Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ivan1496:

Allentown isn’t dead till I say it’s dead. Let’s not start any rumors. I too am looking at January for guidance. I have doubts about May but will have a show when it’s safe enough to do so.
    Ivan
    Pinfest 202?

Edited my post apologies Ivan.

#413 3 years ago

I'm a teacher at a college here in Texas. The college has been very accurate with their predictions of COVID-19. For the spring, the college has already cancelled Spring Break for 2021. (They see the virus as still being too widespread, and/or not enough vaccinations available) Masks and social distancing policies are in effect until May 10th. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Summer/Fall 2021 TPF.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from BooDog:

So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Summer/Fall 2021 TPF.

Except that they said it would be impossible to schedule it for some other time of the year. So, it will either happen (as scheduled) in 2021, or (more likely) be postponed until 2022.

#415 3 years ago

At Pintastic New England, we have tentatively planned for end-of-June (24-27), but there is no reason to make any decisions about it in the November-January time frame. We will have better information early next year and can make a better-informed decision. I know that it's frustrating to sit around waiting for better information, which makes people want to fill the empty space with speculation. I think the TPF leaders are doing the right thing by providing a date that represents the earliest point at which a decision might be announced, which pre-emptively labels discussions before that date as speculative.

All our vendors, speakers, game-bringers, volunteers, and full-experience attenders know that conditions could change. Be patient!
    .................David Marston

#416 3 years ago

Edited my post apologies Ivan.

Thank you

#417 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

At Pintastic New England, we have tentatively planned for end-of-June (24-27), but there is no reason to make any decisions about it in the November-January time frame. We will have better information early next year and can make a better-informed decision. I know that it's frustrating to sit around waiting for better information, which makes people want to fill the empty space with speculation. I think the TPF leaders are doing the right thing by providing a date that represents the earliest point at which a decision might be announced, which pre-emptively labels discussions before that date as speculative.
    All our vendors, speakers, game-bringers, volunteers, and full-experience attenders know that conditions could change. Be patient!
    .................David Marston

We are in a similar position with the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show, it's the first week in June. It's too early to make a decision, it will all depend on the success and distribution of a vaccine and the infection rate dropping very low. I personally have a hard time seeing things being normal enough by June for the public to feel comfortable attending a big pinball show, but I'm hoping to be proven wrong. With all this extra time at home I'm getting all my games dialed in, I'd love for the public to be able to play them!

#418 3 years ago

Proven 100% safe & effective, pinball will have to wait until 2022. My local show in New England is now in question with these quarantines, Allentown Is in May so who knows
    this sucks.

Pintastic is not in question. We are still here alive and kicking. Of course like all other shows we are in a holding pattern. But the show must go on weather it be in June 2021 or 2022 we will celebrate again as long as it’s safe to do so. Gabe

2 weeks later
    #419 3 years ago

I, for one, see a huge positive side of the recent posts/news in this thread - you see 4 historically great shows (Texas, Allentown, Northwest, Pintastic) all ready to come back bigger and better than ever once it's practical/responsible/allowable to do so in their 'neighborhoods'. I'd bet Expo, Golden State, SFGE, Rocky Mountain, York, and all the others are similarly sitting at the starting line gassed up ready to go. While we don't know when the gates will open, I'm pretty convinced the 'restart' shows during the first 12 months are all going to be expectation-surpassing events with tons of games, friends, vendors, and fun. Can't wait!

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

1 week later
    #420 3 years ago

Well. 2021 has been canceled. See ya in 2022!

#421 3 years ago

booooo

#422 3 years ago
    D4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpegD4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpeg
    #423 3 years ago

Sorry Ed and TPF fans.

LTG : )

#424 3 years ago

Very sorry to hear this.
    Best of luck to you all.
    Stay frosty.
    And keep the faith.

#425 3 years ago

2022 for sure!

#426 3 years ago

I came very close to booking my flight this morning because my flight vouchers for last year were about to expire. Luckily they got extended. Can't wait for 2022!

#427 3 years ago

Such depressing news indeed

#428 3 years ago

Thanks for making the difficult but smart decision. See you in March 2022!

#429 3 years ago

Never too early to mark you calendars - March 25-27 in 2022 is posted on the web site:

TPF 20202 DatesTPF 20202 Dates

-Rob
    -visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my LED display board for model H & model S Skee Ball

#430 3 years ago

Really hate to hear this, but I was expecting it to get cancelled. It would be nice if the Embassy Suites would just move our reservations to next year as well.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from rkahr:

Never too early to mark you calendars - March 25-27 in 2022 is posted on the web site:

Considering it’s not even 2021 yet, this sounds like a REALLY LONG TIME from now.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Considering it’s not even 2021 yet, this sounds like a REALLY LONG TIME from now.

You can start now: "999,999 bottles of beer on the wall" .... Putting in 8 hours a day at 13 seconds per verse, you'll finish just in time to leave for the show.

#433 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Coming later that year. In 635 days. The Golden Goose. My business' 50th Anniversary Party.

There. That makes a great show like TPF not that long of a time away, and a little closer.

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Coming later that year. In 635 days. The Golden Goose. My business' 50th Anniversary Party.
    There. That makes a great show like TPF not that long of a time away, and a little closer.

Lloyd, I will be there!
    Merry Christmas.

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/9?hl=dawezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.