(Topic ID: 256713)

Official 2020 Texas Pinball Festival Thread

By Ed_in_Texas

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 7.22.23 AM (resized).png
    D4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpeg
    BF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG9799 (resized).jpg
    OCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpg
    B915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpg
    me (resized).JPG
    55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg
    55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).png
    jaws (resized).jpg
    AC635A51-D292-4C42-AC2B-216F2E206FBE (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    9739DBC1-B0DB-48E9-A38A-35787CABC9B4 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.
    #352 4 years ago

It's not much but if we all just let our tickets ride (buy new ones instead of reusing 2020's next year and throws a bit of cash love I think TPF will be just fine.

Screenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpg
    #354 4 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

Why the hell is there a down vote on that?!

Some people....

#355 4 years ago

He’s been drinking all day

#356 4 years ago

The gofundme stuff has gotten way out of control. I support TPF and will happily buy merch to help the business recover, but a go fund me set up by one business for another just seems off. ESP with all the individuals that are now out of work and we are just seeing the start of it.

When business start asking for charity then I don’t agree.

#357 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

The gofundme stuff has gotten way out of control. I support TPF and will happily buy merch to help the business recover, but a go fund me set up by one business for another just seems off. ESP with all the individuals that are now out of work and we are just seeing the start of it.
    When business start asking for charity then I don’t agree.

This is why I gave $20.

It is reasonable and middle of the road.

If they don't do TPF 2021 because it is not possible I will not be back here exclaiming the unfortunate life of giving and it not happening.

Instead, I thought it through long and hard and chalked it up to the spirit of charitble giving.

These folks very well could ha e arranged their lives so that the majority of their income came from TPF in order to give it their full attention. Accurate or not I assessed the amount of money I am capable of giving even knowing the current volatile market and said to myself: " ehhh.. it's for a good cause that brings or has brought me or others happiness. "

Again. You with the black and white man. It's a hard time and some people want to feel good by sharing compassion along with this harsh reality.

I once bought a shitload of pizza for a company that routinely did right by me as a customer. Certainly not needed right? However can you understand.. try to understand why I did and continue to do that?

#358 4 years ago

I seriously dont want TPF to fail or go bankrupt.

Its the only show I go to, even though other shows are a bit closer.

Something about BBQ, Pinball, Late night cigars and Ziegenbock beer...

All in the great state of Texas !

Im really hooked on this.

Buying an Armadillo playing pinball Hoodie is a must lol.

#359 4 years ago
    Quoted from FYMF:

This is why I gave $20.
    It is reasonable and middle of the road.
    If they don't do TPF 2021 because it is not possible I will not be back here exclaiming the unfortunate life of giving and it not happening.
    Instead, I thought it through long and hard and chalked it up to the spirit of charitble giving.
    These folks very well could ha e arranged their lives so that the majority of their income came from TPF in order to give it their full attention. Accurate or not I assessed the amount of money I am capable of giving even knowing the current volatile market and said to myself: " ehhh.. it's for a good cause that brings or has brought me or others happiness. "
    Again. You with the black and white man. It's a hard time and some people want to feel good by sharing compassion along with this harsh reality.
    I once bought a shitload of pizza for a company that routinely did right by me as a customer. Certainly not needed right? However can you understand.. try to understand why I did and continue to do that?

You do you

I’ll do me.

If After the dust all settles and this gofundme is set up by the actual TPF team in a month, then it means much more.

The original attempt of the gofundme was set for 35k, then down sized to 25k, and then 10k. It was also set up right after Ed said to just give them time to figure stuff out.

I am all for helping TPF if they actually need it. The timing and optics of this are poor at best.

If anyone really wants to help, then buy merch directly from TPF. Then nobody else gets a cut.

#360 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

You do you
    I’ll do me.
    If After the dust all settles and this gofundme is set up by the actual TPF team in a month, then it means much more.
    The original attempt of the gofundme was set for 35k, then down sized to 25k, and then 10k. It was also set up right after Ed said to just give them time to figure stuff out.
    I am all for helping TPF if they actually need it. The timing and optics of this are poor at best.
    If anyone really wants to help, then buy merch directly from TPF. Then nobody else gets a cut.

So my pops taught me many a lesson at an early age and 1 of them was to gauge the cost of a friend.

If the creator of this GoFundMe decides to do the wrong thing with the money it will come out. And if that happens I will have learned a valuable lesson about the merit of this person for a whopping 20 dollars.

Again. A middle of the road approach.

#361 4 years ago

We're up here near Seattle/Tacoma, hoping we can still pull off our own festival later this summer. Meanwhile, I ordered a T.P.F. shirt. We all need a little love right now.

...and maybe a couple more rolls of toilet paper!

#362 4 years ago

I am happy to see people helping out our TPF family. Hope to see it continue. I donated 30.00.

#363 4 years ago

Bought a Hoodie, this would have been my 4th year going.

#364 4 years ago

Looks like the Titan_Pinball sale may have already ended? I was looking at getting an order of rings together and thought of grabbing a pin mat while I was at it but the code is no longer working

#365 4 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Looks like the titan_pinball sale may have already ended? I was looking at getting an order of rings together and thought of grabbing a pin mat while I was at it but the code is no longer working

Sale ended Sunday at Noon (presumably Central, as that’s where they are based)

#366 4 years ago
    Quoted from cjchand:

Sale ended Sunday at Noon (presumably Central, as that’s where they are based)

Oops missed that part of the announcement, been a rough weekend

#367 4 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Oops missed that part of the announcement, been a rough weekend

Been laid up sick all weekend, so I can relate

#368 4 years ago

Hope it’s alright to share this here.

B915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).pngB915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).png
    #369 4 years ago

Got my goodie bag today, purchased in support of the festival. It has a logo'd zipper bag, similar in size to a bank deposit bag, a key ring with a token from a machine that gave out tokens (forget the name); a great wall calendar featuring notable backglasses and pinball dates, a festival logo Titan Pinball wrench, a little bottle of hand sanitizer, festival cards and stickers, a 2020 Festival lapel pin and the 2020 challenge coin.

So, that puts me up one on the challenge coin and the Titan wrench, which I already had.

1 week later
    #371 4 years ago

quick question, i ordered a few TPF merch items, i only received one of them. does anyone know if the shirts are coming later? i checked the site and there really isnt any kind of shipment tracking that i could find. any help is appreciated. i didnt want to reach out to the TPF folks yet because i am sure they are still buried with all of the work with the show cancelling.

thanks.

#372 4 years ago
    Quoted from fxdwg:

quick question, i ordered a few TPF merch items, i only received one of them. does anyone know if the shirts are coming later? i checked the site and there really isnt any kind of shipment tracking that i could find. any help is appreciated. i didnt want to reach out to the TPF folks yet because i am sure they are still buried with all of the work with the show cancelling.
    thanks.

I know for a fact that the hoodies were backordered and the place that made them was part of the Dallas-area shutdown. With that being said, I got my full order (that included a hoodie) today. I did get tracking information and saw that my order on their website had been updated to show it was shipped.

#373 4 years ago

thanks for the reply, i will check the site again. this time from a computer and not my phone.

#374 4 years ago

I got an email saying that some stuff was backordered because of the shutdown

#375 4 years ago

Got the same email here also.

#376 4 years ago

I ordered hoodies after the show was cancelled. Got an email that they were back ordered, but that the shirts that I was supposed to pick up at the show weren’t. I have not received either.

#377 4 years ago
    Quoted from Higloss67:

I ordered hoodies after the show was cancelled. Got an email that they were back ordered, but that the shirts that I was supposed to pick up at the show weren’t. I have not received either.

I had the same thing happen. I asked if they could ship the 2 shirts that I had ordered (seperately) after the cancellation by themselves, and wait for the hoodie to ship on its own once it came in. She told me that she could do that, and then a few days later I get a package with everything (including the hoodie).

You might want to reach out to Kim and ask about your order specifically. She is doing ALL these orders herself but responds to emails quickly in my experience.

#378 4 years ago

Yay - got my stuff! It came a couple of days ago.

OCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpgOCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpg
    #379 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

I had the same thing happen. I asked if they could ship the 2 shirts that I had ordered (seperately) after the cancellation by themselves, and wait for the hoodie to ship on its own once it came in. She told me that she could do that, and then a few days later I get a package with everything (including the hoodie).
    You might want to reach out to Kim and ask about your order specifically. She is doing ALL these orders herself but responds to emails quickly in my experience.

Glad to hear that you got your stuff. I did reach out to Kim last Friday, and haven’t heard a peep, no response to the email. My status for the hoodies still says awaiting processing. They have to be overwhelmed by all that is happening.

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from Higloss67:

Glad to hear that you got your stuff. I did reach out to Kim last Friday, and haven’t heard a peep, no response to the email. My status for the hoodies still says awaiting processing. They have to be overwhelmed by all that is happening.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't received anything yet. I'm so close I wish they would just let me pick it up from them. Leave it out front and I will just grab it..LOL

1 week later
    #381 4 years ago

I got an email today. My stuff is on its way.

#382 4 years ago

Have the dates for 2021 been set?

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Have the dates for 2021 been set?

Considering the Olympics are currently balking on 2021 I doubt anyone else has made a hard stance on any dates yet but that's just my speculation.

#385 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

woohoo got my tracking number

Same here, can't wait.

#386 4 years ago
    Quoted from Cheddar:

woohoo got my tracking number

Got mine today also!

#387 4 years ago

Received my order yesterday. Swag bag and hoodie

#388 4 years ago
    Quoted from MPierce:

Received my order yesterday. Swag bag and hoodie

Same here, I got the swag bag and 3 t-shirts!!

#389 4 years ago

I ordered a hoodie, have not received it yet.
    last I heard they were back ordered,
    may be a cross boarder thing.
    dunno

#390 4 years ago

Received my order 2 days ago, the packing slip was hand signed by Kim, that was a nice gesture, it's the little things that make great customer service, Well done! Can't wait for next year.

#391 4 years ago

Got mine today - nice shirt, glad to help a teeny bit.

#392 4 years ago

Got my shirt and other goodies yesterday.

IMAG9799 (resized).jpgIMAG9799 (resized).jpg
    #393 4 years ago

Was kind of surprised how light the box with 2 hoodies felt...thought I was going to be disappointed. Nope, they keep you nice and toasty, for sure. Definitely does a much better job than the Old Navy hoodie I've been using for years that I've worn so much it's got a ripped and bare elbow. No doubt I'll get a bunch of odd looks because this thing is ridiculously purple, and I'm not really known for my flamboyant choices in clothing, but oh well. Worth the wait.

#394 4 years ago
    BF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpegBF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #395 3 years ago

Not mine to announce, just to be happy about - TPF 2021 is officially on according to this:

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/?awt_a=13x6k&awt_l=80D6e&awt_m=j9SaJb6RpZbhN6k

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from clodpole:

Not mine to announce, just to be happy about - TPF 2021 is officially on according to this:
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/?awt_a=13x6k&awt_l=80D6e&awt_m=j9SaJb6RpZbhN6k

Standard reservation of booking dates. Fingers crossed back to normal by next March.

#397 3 years ago

Best news I've seen since cancellation of TPF 2020. So happy Ed and company are financially able to be in this position for next year! And I love the exhibitor swag bags I bought from them to help offset this year's costs : )

#400 3 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

Why is that?

Because the guy that runs it said so. It was all over Facebook.

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/8?hl=j67ab and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.