(Topic ID: 256713)

Official 2020 Texas Pinball Festival Thread

By Ed_in_Texas

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 7.22.23 AM (resized).png
    D4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpeg
    BF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG9799 (resized).jpg
    OCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpg
    B915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpg
    me (resized).JPG
    55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg
    55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).png
    jaws (resized).jpg
    AC635A51-D292-4C42-AC2B-216F2E206FBE (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    9739DBC1-B0DB-48E9-A38A-35787CABC9B4 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 4 years ago

I hope to see some more TPF sales like Titan is doing. ColorDMD and Pinsound was on my shopping list this year.

#302 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinless:

I hope to see some more TPF sales like Titan is doing. ColorDMD and Pinsound was on my shopping list this year.

Pinstadiums was on my list and he is posted some sales.. Maybe we need a dedicated page for vendors? I want to support TPF. Bring on some posters and shirts.

#303 4 years ago
    Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Pinstadiums was on my list and he is posted some sales.. Maybe we need a dedicated page for vendors? I want to support TPF. Bring on some posters and shirts.

I would like to buy a shirt as well, but I'm not sure where/if I can get one

#304 4 years ago

I just received this:

Texas Pinball Festival Friends and Family…

We have no plans to reschedule the show in 2020. Logistics alone would prohibit that. We currently have a contract with the hotel for TPF2021, but things may change and we need to remain flexible.

Two things will determine the future of the Texas Pinball Festival. One of those things will be determined by the City of Frisco and the Embassy Suites. The other… you can help control. Please understand our difficult position and work with us.

We need to process things in a particular order. We promise we will respond to all email requests, but it will take us some time. Repeated messages / emails will not make things move any faster.

• Tournament entries will be refunded.
    • Current un-delivered merchandise orders will be mailed.
    • After we take a complete inventory, we will re-open the online store.

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE STATEMENT

Regarding purchased Weekend Passes:

Our policy has always been “no refunds” for weekend passes. We fund the show with this money. We use it to pay for celebrity guests, print work and merchandise, promotional items, advertising, signage, venue and all the other hundreds of things that make the Texas Pinball Festival what it has become. In exchange for that capital, pre-registered guests get some extras, including a reduced-price weekend pass (in most cases).

This is an unprecedented turn of events. It’s not our fault… or yours. And we want to do what’s right by everyone.

TPF2020 Weekend Passes will automatically transfer to TPF2021.You don’t need to do anything.

For those that just cannot accept a transfer to TPF2021: We will process weekend pass refunds to those that expressly request them as quickly as possible (note this is a manual process). And though disputing a charge may seem like the way to go, it just causes more trouble and delay, and could force us to shut down completely.

How to request a refund: Email [email protected]. Please request the refund from the email address you used to purchase show admission. Include your full name and order number (or PayPal Transaction ID). If we have to track down orders with ambiguous information, this is going to take a very long time. Note that only TPF2020 refund requests will be processed. Please make your refund request by March 31st.

Vendors and advertisers… we will be reaching out to you separately.

We are extremely appreciative of the love and support we have seen and felt since we made our announcement yesterday. We have always said that the pinball community was the best, and we love you for it. Thank you all for your patience and support!

Paul, Kim, & Ed
    Texas Pinball Festival on Facebook
    Texas Pinball Festival on Instagram
    Texas Pinball Festival on Twitter

PO Box 1105
    Midlothian TX 76065
    USA

Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

#305 4 years ago

"After we take a complete inventory, we will re-open the online store."

I will suggest we all go and try to buy items and support the show.

#306 4 years ago

For exhibitors and vendors I thought it would be really cool if we could "buy" our TPF2020 packets with our lanyards, coins, programs, stickers, toys, trinkets, etc. I would certainly pay for shipping plus a little extra to keep my coin and lanyard collection intact. "Buying it would cover postage and contribute to keeping the show financially stable for next year. They might be using some or most of that for next year though but they could pick out the reusable items. I guess it depends on if they still use the theme from this year for 2021

#307 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Hell YES.

No refund here....roll me over to 2021. We cant let this destroy the show. NFW.

If you need any help I am now off work for 2 months....reach out if you need some volunteer help.

Damn Virus GTFW

#308 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

For exhibitors and vendors I thought it would be really cool if we could "buy" our TPF2020 packets with our lanyards, coins, programs, stickers, toys, trinkets, etc. I would certainly pay for shipping plus a little extra to keep my coin and lanyard collection intact. "Buying it would cover postage and contribute to keeping the show financially stable for next year. They might be using some or most of that for next year though but they could pick out the reusable items. I guess it depends on if they still use the theme from this year for 2021

Good Idea. Sign me up.

#309 4 years ago

We weren't coming this year and instead paid for advertising, we DO NOT want our money back and were glad to support where we could despite our absence. So sorry to see the show being cancelled, but what can you do in this environment.

#310 4 years ago

No refund needed here. And looking forward to the store reopening so I can continue to support the TPF team. Can't wait for TPF 2021. This horseshit 2020 just needs someone to flip the power switch and give it a reboot!

Cheers!

Brian

#311 4 years ago

Agreed. I'll contact you, Ed. I'll help where I can.

#312 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Agreed. I'll contact you, Ed. I'll help where I can.

I the idea too, I'm im

#313 4 years ago

I wasn't coming but I'd like to buy a 2020/21 ticket.

I propose you add a "Leave a credit on the machine" option and allow people like myself to buy a pass and "walk away".

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

We weren't coming this year and instead paid for advertising, we DO NOT want our money back and were glad to support where we could despite our absence. So sorry to see the show being cancelled, but what can you do in this environment.

Will miss seeing you guys. Bought some great stuff from you over the last year.

#315 4 years ago

I would be open to buying my Exhibitor packet, I’m also open to a new T-shirt design saying TPF 2020 Coronavirus or something like that.

#316 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinghetto:

No refund needed here. And looking forward to the store reopening so I can continue to support the TPF team. Can't wait for TPF 2021. This horseshit 2020 just needs someone to flip the power switch and give it a reboot!
    Cheers!
    Brian

Agreed. My both bushiness has suffered about 80%

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from pantherpinball:

I would be open to buying my Exhibitor packet, I’m also open to a new T-shirt design saying TPF 2020 Coronavirus or something like that.

Great idea. I'm in for a t-shirt. .... and some Safe Cracker tokens...

#318 4 years ago

Agreed. My both bushiness has suffered about 80%

Bushiness?

Screenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).png
    #319 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I will happily buy 2020 merch and SC tokens from both TPF and MGC to help support them this year!

#320 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Bushiness?[quoted image]

D S P is at it.

Damn Spelling Police.

#321 4 years ago

D S P is at it.
    Damn Spelling Police.

Autocorrect gets me all the time too. Just make sure to double-check everything you type on Tinder.

#322 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Autocorrect gets me all the time too. Just make sure to double-check everything you type on Tinder.

Does tinder work if your 50?? lol...

#323 4 years ago

Does tinder work if your 50?? lol...

Tinder works, but maybe not that certain part of your body...

#324 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I will happily buy 2020 merch and SC tokens from both TPF and MGC to help support them this year!

Same

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheCapn:

Tinder works, but maybe not that certain part of your body...

We need some humor in this crazy time. Now back to your regular channels.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #326 4 years ago

Yep, one really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

#327 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Yep, one really simple thing that we can do to support Ed, Kim and crew is to NOT ask for a refund on pre- registration tickets. They can keep my money to help defray any cancellation costs incurred.
    Wally

That’s my plan

#328 4 years ago

I intend to invest in TPF and will eat the cost of admission of $55. I'm still going to TX anyways (I have to check with Travelocity but I think I lose a grand if I don't go) and I want to move to Texas. TPF and Texas was a life changing experience last year and $55 is just a "thank you" in my eyes.

This goes for any show IMO.

#329 4 years ago
    Quoted from wallybgood:

Wally

Same here. This would have made my 8th year in a row for TPF . Ed and the whole TPF team has my full support. I have a few hundred dollars tied up in weekend passes and shirts for the whole family and I haven’t even worried about none of it. I’ve been more worried about the show surviving and continuing as it has in the past.

#330 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

I intend to invest in TPF and will eat the cost of admission of $55. I'm still going to TX anyways (I have to check with Travelocity but I think I lose a grand if I don't go) and I want to move to Texas. TPF and Texas was a life changing experience last year and $55 is just a "thank you" in my eyes.

Cmon on down. We got plenty of place.

#331 4 years ago

Cmon on down. We got plenty of place.

Just be ready with that A/C, the heat is ridiculous in the summer.

#332 4 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

What sold you on texas? I felt the same way in Frisco. People very friendly,patient and sincere. Nice weather too!

#333 4 years ago

In case anyone didn't get the email:

The TPF Online Store is Open!

Because of the unexpected turn of events, we are saddled with almost all the same expenses as if the show had actually happened. In an attempt to defray some of these costs, we are selling off remaining inventory, the Exhibitor Swag Bags and 2020 theme posters.

https://texaspinball.com/tpf/store/?awt_a=13x6k&awt_l=IfXyX&awt_m=g6zHhGKzrJbhN6k#!//c/0/offset=0&sort=normal

#334 4 years ago

Just ordered a hat and shirt, and will not be looking for any refunds. Looks like my first TPF will have to wait another year but I’m still counting down the days.

#335 4 years ago

Huh, are they not selling the Safe Cracker token this year?

I had bought tickets to go last year, and work forced me to cancel at the last minute. I went and ordered a token form the site. This year, I'd like to get a token to match, and I don't see 'em there?

Edit: Yes, I plan on makin' one of these f*ckin' shows. Next year, a Hurricane.

#336 4 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Huh, are they not selling the Safe Cracker token this year?
    I had bought tickets to go last year, and work forced me to cancel at the last minute. I went and ordered a token form the site. This year, I'd like to get a token to match, and I don't see 'em there?
    Edit: Yes, I plan on makin' one of these f*ckin' shows. Next year, a Hurricane.

I see the tokens on the site

#337 4 years ago

Check put the vault section as well for some cool 2019 stuff.

Helping out as we can .

#338 4 years ago

In case anyone didn't get the email:
    The TPF Online Store is Open!
    Because of the unexpected turn of events, we are saddled with almost all the same expenses as if the show had actually happened. In an attempt to defray some of these costs, we are selling off remaining inventory, the Exhibitor Swag Bags and 2020 theme posters.
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/store/?awt_a=13x6k&awt_l=IfXyX&awt_m=g6zHhGKzrJbhN6k#!//c/0/offset=0&sort=normal

I just ordered some more swag to help support the show! Hopefully everybody joins in to help the show continue next year! Swag from a show that never happened! Doesn't get more collectible than that

I was supposed to pick up a t-shirt at the show and I put that in the notes section. Hopefully that saves you from double shipping.

#340 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I see the tokens on the site

Strange, they weren't there when I posted my original post. They must be still adding stuff. Also, I thought they had a new design for this year. Guess not. Owell. (Still getting my goodie bag!)

#341 4 years ago

Just placed a merch order.. some of that stuff is going fast. Those texas safecracker tokens look awesome.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

What sold you on texas? I felt the same way in Frisco. People very friendly,patient and sincere. Nice weather too!

It's nice in March, kind of brutal June-September though.. Hope you like 100+ straight days of 100+ weather...

#343 4 years ago

After reading so many posts of people getting pissed off because TPF Canceled, or thinking well they made bank on this, I had to just stop reading, and closed my browser.

Today, I came back and I'm now seeing all these posts of people wanting to help, and support the show!

TPF and other Pinball shows wouldn't happen without the support of those who attend, volunteer, promote, advertise, give of themselves, and their hard earned $$ or otherwise.

It warms my heart to see just how this community can come together.

Thanks

#344 4 years ago

Just ordered the swag bag and another t-shirt! F the Corona Virus

#345 4 years ago

Just ordered a hoodie and a bag. Golden State Pinball has your back

#347 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Well I made a thread on this a bit ago but it created a drama storm. Anyways I usually don't travel that often out of New England and TPF was my first show other than Pintastic. I didn't know what to expect at all and it was an exciting adventure. When I went down there the weather was nice, people were very nice (as I wore a Tom Brady Patriots shirt to Reliant Stadium), they had 2 arcades (Free Play and the BOS Pinball Lounge) that were epic, and the FOOD. Oh god the food was amazing with reasonable prices/generous proportions. The Hard 8 was actually recommended to me by the car rental place and then the podcasters started raving about it which I thought was amusing. I had always wanted to move somewhere west when I graduated high school but the financial crisis took over, I wanted to build my resume, and thought when I retired I would move there. That all changed when I went to TPF. Without that experience my life would be very different. I plan on moving this year and with this Coronavirus it's thrown a wrench into my life because I have been sitting on my hands for the past year. The week after TPF I was supposed to be traveling around the state and flying back on the 4th actually. Now I have to plead with Travelocity for a refund. If I don't get it then I'm risking it and going down but I REALLY want to delay it.

Quoted from javagrind888:

Just be ready with that A/C, the heat is ridiculous in the summer.

I'm a welder and I do fairly well in the heat. I think it's like some mutation welders have, lol. I can't stand being in direct sunlight though.
    55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg

me (resized).JPGme (resized).JPG
    #348 4 years ago

I ordered a swag bag and a shirt, as did many others from Queen City Pinball. This is would have been my sixth TPF, and I hate it had to be canceled as I look forward to this show all year long. A big THANKS to Ed, Kim, Paul and the rest of the TPF crew for all you do. The pinball community has your back, if you need help just ask. I think everyone wants to see this show continue. I’m looking forward to next year.

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/7?hl=tinyblackdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.