(Topic ID: 256713)

Official 2020 Texas Pinball Festival Thread

By Ed_in_Texas

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 7.22.23 AM (resized).png
    D4A8C7C8-2C12-4227-AB02-0F9ABC61A9DE (resized).jpeg
    BF62141D-FF48-4535-A1B3-78C07D54ACE3 (resized).jpeg
    IMAG9799 (resized).jpg
    OCCxAxekSBKqjMswb0W0jg (resized).jpg
    B915EA63-6A9A-430E-B40C-346FF872A192 (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200315-125722_Gmail (resized).jpg
    me (resized).JPG
    55444908_10161622385005506_3551466112979828736_o (resized).jpg
    55759961_10161622268630506_6625802784333627392_o (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Screenshot_20200313-142141~2 (resized).png
    jaws (resized).jpg
    AC635A51-D292-4C42-AC2B-216F2E206FBE (resized).jpeg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 4.15.25 PM (resized).png
    9739DBC1-B0DB-48E9-A38A-35787CABC9B4 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from royneblom:

So fly tickets from Sweden done.
    Rental car done , never been in Texas before so I go one week before the show for a road trip . Hotel booked and weekend ticket to the show done .
    Bringing a friend with me , beers and pinball .Well my friends use to go on golf trips , this will be so more cool...

Ses snart

#152 4 years ago

What he said.

LTG : )

#153 4 years ago

Just landed a room at Embassy suites.

#154 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Wild Pitch!

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Is there a tournament for machines that don’t have a deep rule set? Games that someone who hasn’t played them before wouldn’t be at a huge disadvantage, not knowing the deep rules?

Deep rule sets very rarely come into play in tournaments, unless you end up in the finals with Keith, Trent, Colin, Steve, or <insert any other top 50 player>. Most people are just going for a multiball, maybe stacked with a playfield multiplier if it exists on that game, and a mode running at the same time. I mean........that's mostly what I do and it's worked out pretty well for me over the years.

Quoted from LTG:

I'm going to the Texas Pinball Festival.

Hell yeah!

#156 4 years ago

I will be bringing a 1973 Gottlieb Jumping Jack. Works 100%, just shopped, good players game.

#157 4 years ago

Think I'm going to be "that guy"... and ask a question that has been on my mind for a few days.

Any organizer imposed checking for COVID-19? Fever?
    Sadly; we have a month to go... and given what happened in Italy; I'm honestly concerned that US-based community spreading might be a real concern by the end of March.

Not implying that they NEED to do something; but given the nature of pinball and beer and large crowds... there may need to be some kind of backup plan.

#158 4 years ago

I managed to meet Lloyd a few years back at SS Billiards with the family, and can't wait to stop in a say hello (again).

Quoted from LTG:

Great news. I'm going to the Texas Pinball Festival.
    I'll be hanging around the Chicago Gaming booth. Please stop by and say hi. Check out their games and chat with Ryan and me.
    See you there !

#159 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Any organizer imposed checking for COVID-19? Fever?
    Sadly; we have a month to go... and given what happened in Italy; I'm honestly concerned that US-based community spreading might be a real concern by the end of March.

No. We're aware of CDC guidelines. It's an evolving situation.
    https://www.cdc.gov/ for more information.

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

What he said.

He say "see you soon" in Swedish...

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from royneblom:

He say "see you soon" in Swedish...

I say see you soon. And have a safe journey my friend !

#162 4 years ago

Haven't been in a few years (3 I believe). Is the show getting bigger and more machines for sale there? Had a great time and messed up buying a condo on the gulf. Wife been making me go to the beach instead. Im getting excited.

#163 4 years ago

The show is indeed bigger each year. More vendors. More "reveals". Sellouts of rooms in hotel within minutes of opening.

#164 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I say see you soon. And have a safe journey my friend !

Pinballgoddess and I will be there.
    We will stop by to say hello!

#165 4 years ago

Heading over from down under, really looking forward to it

#166 4 years ago

Is there a TPF For Sale Thread? A thread listing what games will be for sale?

Anyone send me a PM and direct me to it?

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Is there a TPF For Sale Thread? A thread listing what games will be for sale?
    Anyone send me a PM and direct me to it?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-texas-pinball-festival-maybe-for-sale-thread

#168 4 years ago

Wish they would post the seminar schedule soon.

#169 4 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

There’s s classics tournament and that should fit that description for the most part.

This ^^^
    Note: there's less than 20 spots left in the Classics tournament as of yesterday. So anyone interested in the Classics tourney... don't wait to register:
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/tournaments/classics-side-tournament/
    https://texaspinball.com/tpf/store/

For all of those playing in the Wizards, Classics, or planning on having their kids play in the two kids' tourneys, here's the announced pin banks (subject to change):

Wizards Tournament:
    Deadpool Pro
    Dialed In
    Stern Jurassic Park Pro
    The Shadow
    Flash Gordon
    Mousin Around
    Surf n Safari
    Whirlwind
    Buccaneer
    Fast Draw
    Neptune or Space Mission
    Spanish Eyes

Classics Tournament:
    Atlantis (Gottlieb)
    Aztec or Team One
    Grand Tour
    Gorgar
    Seawitch
    Sinbad
    Solar Ride
    Warlok

Kids and Parent/Child Tournaments:
    Monster Bash
    Stern Star Wars (LE)

Note: Wizards tourney is sold out. There's a wait list, but given how long it is, I wouldn't bother signing up.
    Kids and Parent/Child tourneys are not capped and no pre-registration. Just register and pay the entry fee at the tournament registration desk area.

#170 4 years ago

Looks like a fun list of games. Looking forward to watching the stream.

Assuming Soren ROM on Mousin Around or are you going to steal Phil's HAAG trick of putting EM rebound post on that center ramp

Sure wish I could pick up that space mission (assuming it's the same one from TPF Wizards a couple years ago). Been after one of those for a while now.

#171 4 years ago

I messaged Ed yesterday that ill be bringing something special to the show or freeplay, hope everyone enjoys it since most probably have never seen one

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I messaged Ed yesterday that ill be bringing something special to the show or freeplay

Don't tease us , what is it ?

#174 4 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Quoted from BarrySanders:

Af-Tor or La Retata?

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Af-Tor or La Retata?

Well, I do have all three of those titles. I actually was thinking of maybe throwing La Retata on the trailer. Aftor wont make it, I dont fell like working on the spinners for that right now

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Well, I do have all three of those titles. I actually was thinking of maybe throwing La Retata on the trailer. Aftor wont make it, I dont fell like working on the spinners for that right now

I’ve never played any of them what game were you originally planning on bringing? Will it be a surprise? A video game perhaps

#177 4 years ago

I’ve never played any of them what game were you originally planning on bringing? Will it be a surprise? A video game perhaps

89177660_1042129656163913_6682650048045514752_n (resized).jpg89177660_1042129656163913_6682650048045514752_n (resized).jpg
    #178 4 years ago

Thank you for bringing Krull. That's very generous.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

[quoted image]

10 made! Wow!

#180 4 years ago

and only 1 has ever been restored by HEP. and thats this one, Its in awesome shape. You can go onto highendpins.com and see the history of this exact game

#181 4 years ago

I remember viewing that HEP Krull restore post. Talk about meticulous all the work he did on the playfield. Over the top restore I bet you’re proud of!

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

and only 1 has ever been restored by HEP. and thats this one, Its in awesome shape. You can go onto highendpins.com and see the history of this exact game

Looking forward to seeing it!!

#183 4 years ago

Looking forward to seeing it!!

Ditto. The only one I ever played was owned, I think, by Steve Charland. A very unique and fun game.

#184 4 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

Looking forward to the Wild Pitch!
    NSFW

Oh yea!

#185 4 years ago

I'm not sure how lucky we will get with new releases, but RAZA, AP hot wheels, and JJP GNR are all rumored.
    Oh please, please, please let all 3 be there!!!

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from bluespin:

There are a lot of toll roads in Dallas that the locals know how to avoid. It’s cheaper to use Uber if you’re not a local

From DFW Airport you take 121 North to Frisco. This is nearly a toll road the entire way. However, right next to the toll road is a 2-3 lane (each way) access road that is mostly 55mph. Of course you have to go through several lights, and it will probably take you 10 extra minutes, but IMO worth saving several dollars. Same goes for the return trip. I do it all the time and the signs are clearly marked. There is a brief section where you actually get on 121, but that area is not tolled and there are plenty of signs that show you where to exit to avoid the tolls.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #187 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Oh yea![quoted image][quoted image]

Glad the dishwasher in the background isn't wearing a thong!

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Glad the dishwasher in the background isn't wearing a thong!

Me too!The girl in red was our waitress.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Oh yea![quoted image][quoted image]

Let's just remember to mark things like this NSFW please.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Let's just remember to mark things like this NSFW please.

My bad self employed contractor didn’t cross my mind

#191 4 years ago

Yep...taking pics of the waitresses...not creepy at all....

That looks like fun slate for the Wizards tournament, but I'm going to have to do a lot of learning in the next few weeks.

#192 4 years ago

Ah yeah,my wife took the picture
    you guys suck the fun out of everything,would it have been better if I put up pics of dudes in chaps?

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Ah yeah,my wife took the picture
    you guys suck the fun out of everything,would it have been better if I put up pics of dudes in chaps?

Rock on.
    My wife took me to a strip club on our third date.
    Her only stipulation was that she got to pick the girls we got dances from.

#194 4 years ago

The pictures are from the restaurant across the street from the TPF.We took pics to show the pinheads that stayed home.I had no idea we were belittling the poor girls.Now I am woke!

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Me too!The girl in red was our waitress.

She’s beautiful.

#196 4 years ago

Not trying to spoil the fun, but when I have a few minutes to read this thread (at work ) a picture like that can truthfully cost me my job.

BTW my wife and I had lunch here at the last TPF we attended mistakenly thinking this was a sports bar.

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

The pictures are from the restaurant across the street from the TPF.We took pics to show the pinheads that stayed home.I had no idea we were belittling the poor girls.Now I am woke!

I didn't say that, so don't put words in my mouth. It's hard to belittle someone's VOLUNTARY situation they put themselves in. I said it's creepy. Which it is.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I didn't say that, so don't put words in my mouth. It's hard to belittle someone's VOLUNTARY situation they put themselves in. I said it's creepy. Which it is.

It is not creepy,so shut the fuck up!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

It is not creepy,so shut the fuck up!

This is true entertainment

Quoted from Frax:

#200 4 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

BTW my wife and I had lunch here at the last TPF we attended mistakenly thinking this was a sports bar.

It is a sports bar.
    Looks like the women are wearing the same attire seen at any public hotel swimming pool.

There are 434 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-texas-pinball-festival-thread/page/4?hl=joehog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.