Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Welcome everyone to the official Secret Santa thread for 2020!

First of all, I want to say Thank You all for the well wishes and the messages of thanks in your PMs to me. It is a lot of work, but it is my pleasure running it since I see how much fun everyone gets out of it year after year. It's awesome to be able to give back to the group like this! Since the last three years went off basically without a hitch, I'll keep things nice and consistent for anyone who has participated before and not change anything. I closed the old thread since the registration time frame has now passed and I opened up this thread to keep things clean and streamlined. We can use this thread to post announcements, questions, updates, ship dates and of course to show off all our ill gotten booty that we receive from our secret santas. It's a been a LONG year, so let's really try to end 2020 on a positive note.

Here's how things are going to go. Tonight and early tomorrow I will assign everyone a number and go down the list and randomly draw a secret santa for every participant. I should have everyone's e-mail address, so I will send an e-mail to each person with the name and information I have for who you are to buy gifts for. If they gave me any gift ideas or a list of the games they own that they don't display to the public, I will include those as well. If you don't receive an e-mail from me by Tuesday, Nov. 17, please PM me. You then will have about a month to purchase gifts and ship them out to your SS. The cut off date will be Monday, Dec. 18th for shipping so all items have a chance to get there by Christmas Eve. You can and should ship them out much sooner as soon as they are ready to go though. You can wrap the gifts individually if you want and send them in one big box or even have them directly shipped to your SS if you want to save some money that way. Please do not include your name on the return address no matter what method you choose, use the name "Pinside Secret Santa" instead. That way everyone will know when your package arrives and they won't know who it is from. When you do send your gifts, please send me a PM or e-mail with the tracking information so I can add it to my sheet and cross you off the list. When your SS package arrives, please post in this thread too so the sender knows you got it safe and sound, even if you don't intend to open for a while. People can be worried about porch pirates, so even if the tracking says delivered, your SS wants to make sure you got it and not someone else. And of course, this is an important one...after you open your SS package, post the money shots of all your goodies here and give a proper thank you shout out to your Secret Santa for doing their part to spread a little holiday cheer. If there is one thing we struggle with year after year, it's this. People can put a lot of time and effort into buying gifts and can be very proud of what they buy for you with their hard earned money, so please take a moment to post pictures after opening and say a quick thank you! You don't have to gush over everything and write a super long story, but please take a minute to acknowledge what you received.

Before the fun officially commences, we need to cover some basic ground rules...

*First off, this will be as fun as we make it. If we put in some effort, everyone should have a good time. Please check your SS's public game list on Pinside and the ideas they included (if any) and do some creative investigation. Maybe search their old posts, check out any pictures or their Pinside story if they have one.
    You are free to buy what you want, you don't have to get anything that your SS may have suggested for gifts, but please just put the same amount of thought into your gifts that you would want someone to put into the gifts for you and things should be fine.

*On that note, please no public bitching on Pinside about what you receive, that isn't the point of this. This is supposed to be about giving, spreading some joy and adding a little of that childhood magic back into the holidays again. If you really wanted an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle...but got a football instead...be thankful for what you received or at least fake it like you would with your in-laws.

*The dollar amount you should aim for when buying gifts is at least $30. That is not a hard cap by any means. Tis the season, so you can spend as much as you feel comfortable with, but please at least hit that number value wise so no one is short changed from a dollar standpoint.

*I will keep track of who shipped packages and when they were shipped. I will send out a reminder to anyone I haven't heard from 1 week before the deadline, but PLEASE, be responsible and buy your gifts and ship them out before the deadline so we don't run into issues with having to track people down and recipients not getting packages in time.

*Finally, most importantly, No dead beat Santas. If you don't think you can fulfill your end of the bargain for whatever reason, please contact me and I can remove your name from the list now with no questions asked. Nothing would be worse for this than someone not following through and leaving someone empty handed. By participating, you are agreeing to be responsible and fulfill your obligation to the recipient. I know unexpected things can happen, so if a Santa runs into any issues, notify me immediately please. The sooner I am made aware, the sooner I can figure a solution to the issue. Once again, if a Santa fails to follow through, and does not contact me ahead of time (to solve the issue), I will have no problem outing them to the Pinside community and we all know how merciless this community can be. This is the only warning you will receive for this, so please let's not have to go there.

I think that about covers it. Any other questions, feel free to post in this thread or PM me and I would be happy to help. Let's put on those Santa hats, give 2020 a big old punch in the face and get ready for a better 2021 with the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny #%&$@ Kaye! Let Christmas begin!

2020 Secret Santas:

1 2Kaulitz
    2 67cutlass
    3 acitti
    4 action76
    5 Aflacjack
    6 alexmogil
    7 amkoepfer
    8 Apinjunkie
    9 Arcade
    10 ArcadeTechNerd
    11 ArcadeUpKeep
    12 Asylum
    13 Atari_Daze
    14 atrainn
    15 Axaios
    16 balt
    17 bbriese
    18 BertoDRINK1
    19 bicyclenut
    20 Blitzburgh99
    21 BlueIrocGuy
    22 bowtech
    23 bowz
    24 BubbaBeast
    25 Captainhook
    26 Charliew65
    27 Cheberha
    28 ChrisPINk25
    29 chubtoad13
    30 Coindork
    31 Colsond3
    32 Coz
    33 Daditude
    34 davidldennis
    35 dc2010
    36 Dee-Bow
    37 Devilsmuse
    38 dirkdiggler
    39 dnapac
    40 docquest
    41 dolsontown
    42 dondon4720
    43 drbrain
    44 EasternBloc
    45 easye9901
    46 Ericc123
    47 FatPanda
    48 Fezmid
    49 fiberdude120
    50 fosaisu
    51 gentrsa
    52 Gexchange
    53 gliebig
    54 Gogojohnnyquack
    55 grantopia
    56 Gritty
    57 groffdaddy
    58 guitarded
    59 Hayfarmer
    60 Haymaker
    61 HighVoltage
    62 hogbog
    63 homegameroom
    64 hool10
    65 hupchallenge
    66 icanswim70
    67 Insane
    68 Isochronic_Frost
    69 j_m_
    70 Jaeg
    71 Jason_Jehosaphat
    72 Jawa
    73 jellikit
    74 Jenniebear
    75 jesperpark
    76 Jimmyhonda
    77 joefox22
    78 jp1985
    79 JRBBRJ
    80 KingPinGames
    81 Kwaheltrut
    82 LesManley
    83 Liftserv
    84 lowbeau67
    85 luckycreature
    86 MacJedi
    87 mandelbloom
    88 mario_1_up
    89 matiou
    90 Mcrorin
    91 merccat
    92 Metaluna
    93 mickey
    94 midcoastsurf
    95 Miguel351
    96 Mitoska
    97 Mitoska (Son)
    98 Mjonesproperty
    99 Mr_Tantrum
    100 MrMikeman
    101 MrsPin
    102 Mtg381
    103 Murphdom
    104 Muskie82
    105 NeilMcRae
    106 newovad
    107 northerndude
    108 northvibe
    109 Number41
    110 pacmanretro
    111 Pahuffman
    112 PappaDubz
    113 paulbaptise
    114 Pball
    115 Pdxmonkey
    116 Penguindeity
    117 Percula
    118 Phat_Jay
    119 pin2d
    120 pinballj
    121 Pinballlew
    122 pinballphotos
    123 pingod
    124 Pinmasher
    125 Pin-Pilot
    126 Pinsterwmass
    127 Pintor
    128 PokerJake
    129 Ponzie
    130 Propsnsports
    131 pzy
    132 RCA1
    133 rodcom
    134 Saltimbanco
    135 SarverSystems
    136 Secret Santa
    137 Secret Santa II
    138 SeeDeeS
    139 SevenEightyRacer
    140 SKWilson
    141 SkyKing2301
    142 Soapman
    143 Stosel
    144 swinks
    145 TakingupSpace
    146 the96stang
    147 TiltDis
    148 TommyGavin
    149 TonyScoots
    150 TrixTrix
    151 troxel
    152 Twilight1
    153 undrdog
    154 wesh
    155 Westbury
    156 Wolfmarsh
    157 WonderMellon
    158 ZEN
    159 zenbone

eecc42c92afa81900f655d4328d790c1.gifeecc42c92afa81900f655d4328d790c1.gif

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No home is complete without one of these in the master bath

Speaking of funny SNL skits. I'm sure a few members here could use these...

#42 3 years ago

Most e-mails will be coming later on tonight. I've got my son's basketball practice and then some work stuff to do, but after 9:00pm central it will be prime e-mail time.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from MacJedi:

Any chance I can join the list?

Yes. Send me your name, address, e-mail, shirt size and any gift ideas and I'll get you in.

#46 3 years ago

A few late entries, but they made it by the skin of their teeth. Up to 154 participants now.

Added over 3 years ago:

Got a couple more in, up to 156 now.

Added over 3 years ago:

And some more...up to 159 now.

#49 3 years ago

All e-mails have been sent out. If I didn't have your e-mail address, you should have a PM from me. If you don't have an e-mail/PM from me, let me know right away. If any issues come up, please let me know right away. Post here when you ship and send me an e-mail with the tracking number so I can mark you as shipped on my list and please remember to also post in this thread when your SS package arrives so your sender knows that you got it safely. Last day for shipping is Dec. 18th, but you can and should ship well before that date.

Finally, please, do not forget to post a picture after you open your gifts and say thank you! <-This is important and only takes a minute.

and-here-we-go (resized).jpgand-here-we-go (resized).jpg

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Wow, that was small! Found it

I had everything really small so I could fit it all on the screen at once. I didn't thik it copied over in that size, so I'm sorry if it did. It all should be there, but if it isn't definitely let me know.

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I have the gift. Still figuring a creative way to package it. Would super high bouncing balls adequately cushion a fragile item? I like the idea of hundreds of little superballs spilling out, bouncing all over the house when the box is opened.
    ——-
    Now I’ve given it away. 'Doh!

Only one way to find out...

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see a few have shipped already, but what's the usual? I know what mr. Manley suggested, just wondering if before or after Thanksgiving

I'd say the usual is probably right after Thanksgiving the first week of December. There are usually Black Friday deals from pinball related retailers or others that people like to take advantage of If they can.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

I had a delivery Wednesday 11/18. Through the window I could see that it was another pair of shoes that my wife ordered, but there was something else on the porch... A very familiar brown shipping tube was behind the shoes. I was puzzled to say the least, but I quickly realized it was what I suspected when I saw the shipping tape on the ends of the tube. At first, I thought I must've placed a drunk order(but i never do that!). I then emailed the owner saying there's been a mistake, but he said: No that is correct as someone ordered those for you for a gift.
    I'm absolutely FLOORED by the generosity! Needless to say, I'll be passing along more than planned to my recipient. THANK YOU, Secret Santa!! Here is a pic of my NEW NEO Pin Stadium Lights installed on AIQ!!
    [quoted image]

First opened gift of the 2020 season...and it's a doozy too...

ithasbegun (resized).jpgithasbegun (resized).jpg
    #197 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

So far, no one has said anything about waiting until Christmas to open it, or at least install it.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

This is just happening to quick this year. I have already received my SS gift and it is a very cool piece of artwork from Tiltcycle. Thank you SS it will hang on my game room wall with pride. I will get a picture of it up soon.

My gift could come tomorrow, but I am still going to wait until Christmas morning. It's not my strong suit, but I'm forcing myself to have a little...

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

It's not really a Secret Santa since you know who got picked for you.

I may know who it is if I go back and look, but I have no idea what the gift will be so it's still a surprise.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

and it's no surprise he got this! just has to convince the wife it was from Santa now!!
    [quoted image]

I wish I got a GNR, especially with a 4 week lockdown for bars and restaurants that just went into effect here. Can't play GNR at a local haunt for at least a month now.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would have waited but the package was not marked SS and with so many things that come to my place I had no idea if it was something I ordered.

That happens quite a bit each year. I think that will happen even more this year with more and more family members ordering stuff online instead of buying in person. It's easy to lose track and not be sure if it's something you or a family member bought. It's nice to have a variety of participants that do their gift opening times at different times. That way we get a more steady stream of opening posts throughout the whole season instead of only getting 100+ posts on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

#213 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Really disappointed I didn't know this existed, could I be put on the list for next year?!?

I don't really have a list, I just open up signups for a couple of weeks right at Halloween. If you want to shoot me your e-mail address I can add it to the ones I have and when I send out a reminder e-mail, I can include you too so you will at least be reminded.

#251 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

curious on the pinsider list Secret Santa and Secret Santa 2 - they don't come up in the search - feel for the people that have to buy for them

Those are just two people that wanted to be anonymous to the group. The people that got them for their real usernames.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Took this note out of packing slip envelope last night!
    I plan on making this a slow process, because it's hard for me to do, but will be worth it!
    I'll open box later today, but will behave on opening items
    I don't care if each day of Christmas is a single tootsie roll (or probably that coal), I'm mega excited and thankful for the effort and fun!!
    [quoted image]

Someone did this last year and it was really fun to follow. Enjoy it!

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

..and you got a cat!! Good job SS!

fFi2N (1).giffFi2N (1).gif
    #368 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just got in my second and third SS gifts.
    Really was not expecting more then one.
    Very nice surprise.
    I will post photos on Christmas.

This is probably as good of a time as any to remind people that just because one box arrives, doesn't mean that more might not still be on the way so be sure to keep your eyes open even if something has already arrived.

#489 3 years ago

A crate showed up today at our house. It says FRA-GEE-LAY...it must be Italian!

Leg lamp or not, I'm waiting until Christmas morning to open anything I get. Can't let my kids have all the fun that morning.

PXL_20201205_170900517 (resized).jpgPXL_20201205_170900517 (resized).jpg

#509 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrsPin:

This beauty arrived in the mail today.... contained 5 gifts that I’m supposed to open every other day starting December 16th. I set an alarm (like I’ll need it!!) and can’t wait to dig in!!
    [quoted image]

You won an Italian major award too!?!? Congrats!

57ca64543436ac2f527181c45598613308d66806.jpeg (resized).jpg57ca64543436ac2f527181c45598613308d66806.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #659 3 years ago

This showed up today and was marked to keep refrigerated so I had to open it. The way the note is worded I don't think it is from my specific Santa but rather someone who just wanted to say thank you for the secret Santa program. Either way, it is very much appreciated!

Thank you for this. The whole family will get to appreciate this since there's enough to share.

PXL_20201210_230549283 (resized).jpgPXL_20201210_230549283 (resized).jpg

#763 3 years ago

Hey everybody. Short notice, but I am going to be on the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast to talk about the Pinside Secret Santa Program. The episode won't be out for a little while, but we are recording late tonight. I thought I would make a post here in case anyone had any burning Secret Santa related questions that they would like to have answered live...on a recorded podcast.

Feel free to post anything you got and we'll see how it goes. I will post a link in this thread when the podcast is live too, so anyone that wants to hear it doesn't miss out.

weirdal (resized).jpgweirdal (resized).jpg
    #768 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, after sterlings incredible gifts of the mario castle and nerf gun arrived a few days ago , his secret Santa sent another package. A super awesome stem robot and the new Zelda switch game.. he's shocked! Thanks so much again secret Santa ..it's appreciated more then you know ..he's so excited.
    [quoted image]

Wow!?!?! Very nice. I showed my 9 year old son this and his first question of course is, "Can I participate too?"

#774 3 years ago

Ok, the brutal Super Awesome Pinball Show interrogation is finally over. They were no nonsense and relentless. With true journalistic integrity, they wouldn't quit until they got the truth. Finally all the darkest, most vile Secret Santa secrets will be revealed to the world. Be sure to stay tuned for the podcast link to find out all the shocking details inquiring minds want to know; like the dirt on the sweatshop out of Calcutta that is producing Pinside Secret Santa swag, the Pinside Secret Santa data breach that exposed all participating members t-shirt sizes...and most shockingly...what really was in Al Capone's glove compartment!?!?!
    dtracy (resized).JPGdtracy (resized).JPG

#826 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Man, that's super cool! Who's the dude left of Ali supposed to be? I'm usually good with pop culture but I'm drawing a blank. Looks like Luke Wilson in Old School

I believe it's Hans Gruber.

hans (resized).JPGhans (resized).JPG
    #899 3 years ago

THANK YOU to everyone who has sent me a note with their tracking information on their packages and/or has posted in this thread that your SS package has been received. It makes it much easier to keep track of everything and lets your SS know that you received their package ok.

With that said, today is the day. If you have been procrastinating on shipping out your Secret Santa gifts for whatever the reason, today is the day to make sure you at least send what you have. I know shipping has been crazy and slow from many places this year and some of you have shot me a message saying that you are still waiting on something to arrive. What others have done in this instance is to send what you have in hand with a note, or a card if you are still waiting on your items to arrive, and just let your SS partner know that there is more on the way and it will shipped as soon as you can. People are pretty understanding if they know the circumstances, so communication is key. If you have a shipping delay and have yet to contact me about it, please do so right away so we can make sure that your SS partner is in the know.

That's about it, we're in the home stretch now, so it's time to sit back and watch the package openings roll in. When that time comes for you, *please* do not forget to take a picture and post a thank you to your Secret Santa. That is a vital part of this process as many people enjoy giving more than receiving so they really look forward to seeing your pictures and reaction to your gifts.

**I will be sending out a shipping reminder e-mail today as well. The shipping reminder will not apply to the vast majority of you who have already sent your gifts, but I am going to send it to the whole group to make sure no one is missed that may need to see it. Please just ignore the message if your shipping is already done.**

deadline (resized).JPGdeadline (resized).JPG

#907 3 years ago

The Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast is up now for your listening pleasure. The episode is like 2 hrs. 40 minutes long, but they put their best foot forward and started off with the Pinside Secret Santa discussion, so even if you only have a few minutes you can still check that out and then not worry about the 2+ hours of the rest of the pinball hacks they have on the show later droning on and on...

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-s2-e21-pinball-bros

P.S. Thanks again to SAPS ( <- That's a great acronym!) for having me on. It was a total blast to do! You guys did a great job with the episode.

saps (resized).JPGsaps (resized).JPG
    #914 3 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

Wife And daughter came home and found a package on our doorstep, noticed it was perishable And couldn’t help but open it, (thought it might be chocolate covered strawberry’s or something from work) then they found the card and noticed it was from my SS, so they stuffed it back in the box and placed it in the frig. So when I got home from work they were all excited Telling me to look in the frig, we need to open it,but only to discover that is was already opened! Inside was two box’s of awesome candles! I tried the toffee first and have to say it’s probably the best I ever had! They also said the mints are tops also!
    Thank you secret Santa for sending us something we all could share! Although the lady’s of the house are calling dibs! Will Also go well with the Tito’s!
    Jim[quoted image][quoted image]

Those Enstrom Toffees are awesome.

#929 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Les, I listened to your interview and you did a great job. Am I the only one who came away from it thinking that you hinted that someone might be getting a new pinball machine?

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to be a part of. I'm glad they liked the SS Program enough to reach out and ask me to do it. As for your other question...I don't know all the details, but I know someone is getting something this year that I doubt they ever thought they would get for a Secret Santa present. I guess we will all have to wait and see!

#932 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I'm curious if anyone ever gives raffle tickets via project pinball. I think that would be a great gift idea!
    For anyone that may not know, Project Pinball raffles off new pinballs to ticket buyers and places pinballs in children's hospitals (they currently have raffles for AIQ and LZ, but you can choose any currently made Stern pin). It is a FANTASTIC charity. Here is the link:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-the-children-and-win-a-new-stern

I've never seen anybody do that but it is a great idea. Could end up being quite the fancy Secret Santa present with a little luck. I think we've had at least one person buy pinball / arcade themed lottery tickets from their state for fun.

#1040 3 years ago

I've had a few inquiries and messages about shipping and deliveries times, so I wanted to make sure to post this. It wouldn't be 2020 without widespread problems, so I shouldn't be surprised, but the USPS is getting absolutely decimated this holiday season. From huge increased demand from no one shopping in person, to tons of workers calling in sick / quarantined, they are WAY behind this year to the tune of potentially millions of packages. You can read about all the fun in articles like this...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/12/21/usps-delays-christmas/

Case in point for me personally, I sent a gift out on 12/14 via 3 day Priority Mail, now 8 days later it still isn't even in the destination city yet. If you sent your SS present out via USPS recently, there is a great chance that it won't make it there before Christmas. I don't think many people anticipated that USPS Priority Mail would take 2 weeks to deliver, so it seems like more people than usual, myself included, will probably be opening their SS gifts closer to Lloyd's Orthodox Christmas January 7th date instead of on Dec. 25th.

The way I would like to handle it is like this. USPS is delivering through Dec. 24th this year, so please give your gifts through Dec. 24th to arrive as there will be a lot of last minute deliveries this year. If after Dec. 24th your package still has not arrived, then please shoot me a message and I will track down where it is at currently and get tracking information over to you if possible so you can follow it all the way home. Thank you again for all your communication throughout this entire program and your understanding if you happen to fall into the USPS delivery purgatory category. If anyone has any other questions or concerns, please just let me know.

To look at the bright side of things, we will now probably have more pictures of gift openings to look at for awhile after the typically busy Christmas opening and posting day.

Epd9Ad5VgAAA1g8 (resized).jpgEpd9Ad5VgAAA1g8 (resized).jpg

#1047 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

What am I seeing at the far back of that USPS mailroom ..? [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

12a7f24164e16eee422f76cb556db0d87cda652e843ba34034bf1e6937545d61 (resized).jpg12a7f24164e16eee422f76cb556db0d87cda652e843ba34034bf1e6937545d61 (resized).jpg
    #1066 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

To my SS thank you! This is what I feel like is the perfect gift with good stalking and some handmade items my wife laughed so hard when she saw the T-shirt!
    Pinball dad T-shirt, rubber kit for all the games I need to shop out, new balls, a freaking opaque blue cup holder for tron!!!!!! And laser burned wood keychains for each game in my collection! They still smell like burned wood which I love as it reminds me of campfires
    Thank you so much program
    I’m freaking wearing the shirt for Xmas day
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is a great shirt. I need to find me one of those.

#1229 3 years ago

I finally got to crack open the crate that showed up awhile ago. I made sure to charge the cordless drill last night for my first ever crate opening so I didn't have to do all those screws by hand...but I would have done it manually if I had to. I had no idea what was in the crate and turns out I never could have guessed what it was. My last game I picked up was a Stern JP Pro. Would have loved the premium, but the Pro popped up at a great price and I couldn't resist. Seems these days I am really gravitating towards games from Elwin and a certain Pinsider named @hogbog. The new designers on the scene are killing it IMHO.

So, I have the JP Pro and I am super happy with it. Haven't done too much with it, I have art blades to install still, etc. I open the crate this morning and what do I find? JP Premium art, but not the translite that comes on a Stern JP Premium...this is a real back glass?!?! The JP Pro translite was easily my least favorite art on the game, so I have already happily swapped that out for the Premium back glass and it looks awesome! And it fits right in with my other Elwin game Iron Maiden which is a Pro, but I liked the Premium art more, so my Pro has a Premium translite in it. Then to top if off, two additional smaller sized Creature and TZ back glasses. I am going to have to see if anyone makes a light box for smaller back glasses like this, cause they look sweet lit up.

Thank you again SS for the thoughtful gifts. I never could have thought to ask for them since I didn't even know such things existed! These will be proudly displayed in the game room! Merry Christmas everyone!

PXL_20201225_153908064 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_153908064 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_153927644 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_153927644 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_154548454 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_154548454 (resized).jpg

PXL_20201225_203244671 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_203244671 (resized).jpg
    #1234 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pintor:

My SS nailed it this year!!! I always wait until after the kids open their presents so I can relish the gift opening without any distractions (kids are busy playing with their goodies!!). These gifts will go perfect in the barcade and have already found a home on my bar top! Love the drop target stickers for my blackout, the ones in my pin we’re getting worn! Thanks SS!!! Thanks Les for keeping the tradition alive!!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

What is that metal dragon from? That looks cool. And I love the original Ghostbusters cartoon animation cell on the wall. I've got one of those too. Funny enough I actually got it from the arcade game forums secret Santa program a few years ago.
    PXL_20201225_163623587 (resized).jpgPXL_20201225_163623587 (resized).jpg

#1249 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Thanks to my Secret Santa [quoted image]

My wife gave me that arcade sign four years ago. Just came up in my Facebook memories. It's nice, I like it.

15672798_10209699304032334_8469149731773102933_n (resized).jpg15672798_10209699304032334_8469149731773102933_n (resized).jpg

#1275 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

So who got the hinted at pinball machine ?
    LTG : )

No. That gift has not been delivered yet. Delivery was set to happen before Christmas, but in typical 2020 fashion it was delayed.

So whatever it is, it's still on the way to a lucky Pinsider. Keep an eye out for that one, I don't think you'll be able to miss it.

#1299 3 years ago

I had another nice gesture showed up today. A block of fudge so big that you could club someone to death with it showed up in the mail today. I promise we won't do that though...we'll just eat it. Wife is all ready to cut into it right now.

And to just emphasize how absolutely backwards the post office is right now this was shipped out on December 11th via 2-day priority mail and I just got it today December 26th.

PXL_20201227_033715941 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_033715941 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_033728402 (resized).jpgPXL_20201227_033728402 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1374 3 years ago

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to take a second to pass on a quick message. We still have a few SS packages that have not been delivered by USPS. The worst being one that was sent on NOVEMBER 26th and took an entire MONTH just to get to the destination state where it has now not moved again for the last 2 weeks.

Your Secret Santa's and I apologize again to those few still waiting. This USPS delay is unprecedented. I don't think anyone could have anticipated a need to ship gifts 1.5 months in advance. If you are a SS who sent a package that has not yet been delivered, try filling out this USPS form. You will get a response within a day or so and it has helped get some packages moving again, so it's worth a shot.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Silver lining on this I guess is that we still have gift openings to enjoy and today is the 7th, so I am sure LTG will be posting his too. Also, I've been in communication with the lucky recipient of the big gift that I was referring to in the SAPS Podcast. It will be arriving soon and I am sure we will all get to enjoy that one too.

finishlineaheadsign (resized).jpgfinishlineaheadsign (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1424 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

What happened to the person getting a pin ?

The person getting the big gift is having it delivered soon. The delay was because the person bought it for their Secret Santa from a third party, so they had to try to set up and schedule delivery during the holidays with 4 people involved (myself included) and trying to do it without the 3rd person knowing...which proved difficult. Then the shipper had the Secret Santa's name for the sender and the recipient so that created some more confusion for getting it delivered. Rest assured though, those problems have been resolved and it is coming. The person receiving it is beyond excited (they don't even know exactly what it is yet, neither do I for that matter), so I'll let them post all the details for themselves.

#1431 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

So will this be the grand finale, or are there more people patiently waiting still?

I know of at least one other person still waiting...me. There were a few Pinsiders who wanted to join in last minute, so to help get more people in I ended up sending out two sets of gifts. I am still waiting on my gifts from one of those Pinsiders. That person let me know he was waiting to ship mine because he had a ton of packages stranded and lost over the Christmas season and he didn't want mine to join that club, so that was totally understandable. Other than that, I am not aware of any others. A bunch of packages that were shipped in early to mid December finally showed up in early January, so that cleared up things a bit.

#1448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

HUGE EDIT: I almost forgot another very important person I need to thank. THANK YOU LesManley for all the work you do to make Pinside secret santa a reality and help so many people have a wonderful holiday. Another big thanks to you for helping resolve the shipping snafu's and getting all of this coordinated! You rock!

I've been anxiously awaiting the pics too, since I knew "what" it was, but didn't know which title it was. I know how much you couldn't believe it from messaging with you, I'm so happy it worked out and went to well deserving Pinsider. It was really cool of your SS to do that and I'm just glad I could be a part of helping to make that happen, so you are very welcome! Enjoy the game!

And for everyone else, myself included, this Pinsider had a good year and wanted to do something extra special for their recipient. If you find yourself in a similar position as Haymaker's SS next year and want to do something like this, I'll be glad to help, but please don't feel like you aren't doing enough just because of this gift. The participants every year do an awesome job and all the thought, stalking and planning everyone puts into gifts is much appreciated across the board, no matter if the gift(s) are big in size or dollar amounts.

#1462 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hey John lesmanley . I'll give you $5.00 in small unmarked bills if you hook me up with the big gift giver next year.

If only it was that easy. The SS that gave that gift has participated before this year and since this was the first ever pinball machine as a gift, there is no guarantee that if that person participates again next year their recipient would be as lucky.

That said, we'd love to have you back in Lloyd. Open your gifts whenever you want and I am sure that whomever had you as their recipient would be thrilled.

#1466 3 years ago
    Quoted from Percula:

Are people still waiting on gifts?

I've got one coming that should be here any day. Other than that, I don't know of any more packages anyone is waiting on.

1 week later
    #1502 3 years ago

This thread ain't dead yet.

Wow, good things come to those who wait! I just got this in the mail today and I am told there is another box on the way. I can appreciate good art and these are amazing! I could only dream I had talent like this. My game room is up for some serious redecorating now. Looks like I am going to be dropping some coin at Hobby Lobby on frames in the near future. Thank you very much!

PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215038205 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215038205 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpgPXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    #1507 3 years ago

Good news keeps coming. We had another person receive their package today. It was post marked NOVEMBER 25th! I saw lots of bad USPS shipping times, but this one takes the cake. Big props to this person having the patience of a saint.

2 weeks later
    #1510 3 years ago
    Quoted from Metaluna5:

That's just part 1. A second box will be there shortly... Or so I'm told.

I just got my first print back from the framer. I went with this one since I loved the look and it had to be custom. The metallic blue metal frame really worked well with this one. It was from the Texas Pinball Festival, signed by both Borg & Franchi and numbered 3 out of 5 but I'm not sure what the story is behind this print.
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpgPXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1511 3 years ago

Another box showed up today. This thread just won't die. Once again I'm blown away. A super awesome pinball swag pack that would have been plenty of gift on its own. A pinball rockstar shirt, a super awesome pinball show swag pack with a bunch of things in it. I think there is a super awesome pinball show air freshener in there? Do I even want to know what that smells like? Pin Shades, some pintastic tumblers a Batman detective comic with hand drawn art right on the cover and the infamous paper flock 30 years of stern pinball book. Following that thread and knowing what those backers went through for the last four plus years to even get that book makes it even more special. Thank you!

PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpgPXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpgPXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpgPXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpgPXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpgPXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg

#1515 3 years ago
    Quoted from alexmogil:

That Detective Comics cover is fire.

I didn't know the history on this comic, so I looked it up. Looks like to celebrate 1000 issues they released 84 different cover art variants of the comic, including a blank cover like this.

https://borg.com/2019/03/24/all-variant-covers-checklist-detective-comics-reaches-landmark-issue-1000-this-week/

This blank variant has hand drawn Batman art directly on the blank cover variant and was signed by the artist Christopher Franchi. It is really sweet.

4 months later
    #1528 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I already started shopping!

I start shopping right after Christmas. Usually have a nice stash of fun stuff picked up at great prices that I squirrel away for the next Secret Santa.

3 weeks later
    #1533 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

With how shipping went last year, pretty much time to fire this fucker back up hey girls and boys!!?!!?

I'll create a new thread for it before Halloween this year and try to give a little extra time to people to get things out. Just a couple months away at this point. I'm not going to wish the summer away for it to get here, but it is definitely a nice little oasis during the 6 months of winter we get here.

2 weeks later
    #1537 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

We'll do it when John says We'll do it! . Can't wait!

I'll definitely start signups before Halloween this year and try to get everyone their Secret Santas about a week earlier in November to try to help combat any holiday delays there are this year.

1 month later
    #1542 2 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Well, it's before Halloween...

keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).pngkeep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png

2 weeks later

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.