Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 3 years ago

If my Secret Santa is in Oregon, send me the finest stuff your local corner guy has to offer

Actually, this is a pretty good list to start!
    543AD284-FD63-4283-BB50-39E8752BF08E.jpeg543AD284-FD63-4283-BB50-39E8752BF08E.jpeg
    Thanks Santa!

#91 3 years ago

If my Santa needs hints, the gifts from last years SS were awesome! Once again mega props to that Santa. I enjoyed them all very much. It was some small items and just awesome. Love posters and manuals and interesting pinball things! Been eyeing pinball vault forever so any schematics for something from a game I own would be a top tier gift!

And one final thing if that’s not enough, I’m looking at two potential houses on Sunday! I can give you my account and routing number if you’d like to wire me 10k for a down payment <3

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from TakingupSpace:

Reading a few of these posts has got me thinking of the poor person with my name. Social media stalking? Uh, you’re not bad at it.....you’ll just have more luck finding your grail pin for $10. Use Pinside posts? I didn’t delete them all....you just only get about 5 posts over the past few years to work with. Extract something from my message you got through Les? I realize now it may have been a bit weak. So, with all that what do end up with? Well, actually exactly what it may seem. Simple. Enjoy giving. Appreciate all I have. Appreciate kindness. Love being around my family and close friends. So, how do you use that? Know that you can’t really fail. I appreciate everyone here trying to spread some cheer and make our corner of the world a bit better. I look forward to making someone’s Christmas a little more awesome.

Christmas pickle for you!
    2 of these bad boys will hit the dollar amount. https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/yodeling-pickle/product/56844

3CCB6B2C-AC23-494B-A8AD-3C6F44CAFECE.png3CCB6B2C-AC23-494B-A8AD-3C6F44CAFECE.png
    2 weeks later
    #508 3 years ago

UPS truck was sitting outside my driveway and I was totally confused.
    Haven’t been sleeping hardly at all lately (who has?!) so I’m half asleep and asked “what are you doing at my house?” Lol
    delivery guy said “apparently it’s a gift from Santa”

Totally forgot about the whole secret Santa thing for a moment! Felt bad cuz I was giving this guy weird looks

Thanks Santa! I consider myself a professional package guesser. Gotten REALLY good over the years. In confidence, my guess as to what they are: some sort of classic pinball VHS, and a pinball book.

I will be waiting till Christmas to open these! Every year it’s been better and better. These are the gifts I REALLY look forward too!

0272C8B4-5E8C-452A-930F-AFED18F96126.jpeg0272C8B4-5E8C-452A-930F-AFED18F96126.jpeg2DBD0987-EAF5-4095-8CA7-0E598E4EA9C5.jpeg2DBD0987-EAF5-4095-8CA7-0E598E4EA9C5.jpeg490EF048-8135-4D20-B5E3-3DA9A78BEAB1.jpeg490EF048-8135-4D20-B5E3-3DA9A78BEAB1.jpeg
    #586 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And....presenting....the display of gift #4
    I'm just in awe of the decorative diodes on the wrapping paper!
    Edit: those may be inverters...

That and how it conveniently stores on my fridge door for me to look at today and tomorrow
    Tune in tomorrow...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I’d get the fridge looked at... there are spooky halloween decorations all over it, I think it’s running a bit slow!

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesh:

My Santa gift game tonight and wow!!! Thank you so much Santa!! You hit all my favorite things, Pink Floyd, Pinball and Bourbon! I am super thankful, and will enjoy it all in my new Stern rocks glass! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Dark Side of the (Pinball) Machine shirt is off the hook!!!!! Need one of those ASAP

To the Secret Santee’s with less than 100 posts.
    GET ACTIVE DANG IT!
    Every year it seems I get a Pinside hermit who posts once every full moon!
    HAVE PITY, GIVE US SOMETHING TO WORK WITH!
    Humbly, I believe my gifts are very cool, stuff I would like, but it’s so difficult to guess if my Santa would dig it I’m kind of a weirdo who collects expensive boxes of lights and buys total crap that needs 400 hours of restoration to be operable again!

#861 3 years ago
    Quoted from dondon4720:

Mine just came today (apparently there is another part coming)
    Thanks Secret Santa will post more when the other part arrives [quoted image]

I need to know where those shirts came from!!! Definitely gonna buy the money one haha!

Quoted from dc2010:

I'm thinking USPS may make some wait lol

For what it’s worth I shipped my gift and UPS said it would be there OVERNIGHT and that was standard ground a few states away. And then it did arrive the next day. USPS said it would take 7 days and they still wouldn’t guarantee that and it was gonna cost TRIPLE what UPS charged.

Definitely would suggest UPS, faster, cheaper, just make sure your package can take a beating because those guys are usually ruthless lol

1 week later
    #1252 3 years ago

Merry Christmas! Just opened all my secret Santa gifts!
    It’s been hell working overnights the past few weeks and then come home yesterday morning to find out someone broke into my garage while I was working and decided to help themselves to some toolboxes and a generator.

Jokes on them because that generator they stole was the one that seized up! Christmas Karma?

After welcoming my sister home, working all night and then dealing with the police I slept for 18 hours straight lol

After all those ups and downs really tanking my Christmas Eve, I was extremely excited to open my Pinside SS presents.
    Santa got me a Seawitch tune-up kit, thank you very much! Seawitch is one of my top games.
    Then they got me a Breakshot flyer, my other favorite game, and I just recently got into flyer collecting. This one has been on my watchlist on eBay for a while and I just never pulled the trigger! Thanks for making that decision for me, Santa!

They must have seen last year’s secret Santa post, I got an old pinball/coin-op industry paper which was REALLY cool! I love all the old, historic materials from the hay-day of coin-op!

Santa gave me a 1991 Data East operator’s catalogue and some cool fliers for arcade and redemption games from the late 80s.
    It’s funny because they mention Dinoscore and Wacky Gators which we still have in my arcade and are some of my best earners despite nearing 40 years old.
    Those guys back then NEVER thought these games would be earning ages later, haha!

Thanks so much for the cool and very thoughtful gifts Santa, you did a great job with your research. Merry Christmas all!

C23BB3FA-3F6D-41D2-8130-4AB3BDF5E4AD.jpegC23BB3FA-3F6D-41D2-8130-4AB3BDF5E4AD.jpegDA133CEF-B707-4405-AAAA-790973C79600.jpegDA133CEF-B707-4405-AAAA-790973C79600.jpeg

#1257 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

That's horrible to hear what people are willing to do to others
    Hopefully you didn't lose too many tools or anything.
    Glad to see you still seem to be full of cheer and able to enjoy holidays and pinsmas!!

I’m pretty astounded myself. Burglarizing someone a few days before Christmas, really??

Police already have a suspect, someone stole the neighbors snow blower, then snow-blowed a path to my garage, helped themselves to my stuff and then went around offering to snowblow peoples properties! The investigator told me they gave him a call and asked if he’d snowblow the station and he hung up, so I guess that’s a good sign.
    Lol, dumb criminals!

#1284 3 years ago

Thanks again for organizing this, John! It’s wonderful every year and I feel privileged to have participated since the start!
    It’s funny because I put away my flyers and I realized that I still can see and use gifts from every single year.
    Everyone always does such an amazing job!
    Big or small, it’s thoughtful and makes the holidays even better!

1 month later
    #1475 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

I live for the moment that someone will give me a pin as a gift. I don't mean the secret Santa but relatives or friends. Unfortunately I know deep in my heart that this will never happen since no one seems to understand what and why I am in this.

Just had a neighbor help me move some supplies into my storage unit and I showed him all the pinball projects on my docket awaiting whenever I find the right house. I joked and offered him a pinball machine if he’s every interested... unbelievably he said to me “oh I think I’ve got enough junk already!”

They are the most fun piece of furniture you can put in your house wtf??

6 months later
    #1532 2 years ago

Thanks Secret Santa, I honestly didn’t think I’d use my “tune-up” kit because I buy lots of Titan bands. But my slingshots on Seawitch snapped! No prompting, no rips or tears. I just came in one day last month and the left slingshot was busted, and then a few days ago in the middle of a game the right just let loose out of nowhere! Pretty angry with Titan, honestly I didn’t realize silicone bands go bad so fast!
    So thanks for the kit, I ended up just using those and I will only be using traditional rubber for slings and flippers again. Silicone just doesn’t hold up!

2 months later
    #1549 2 years ago

Signups haven’t started! Let’s relax for a moment!

Mark your calendars for when LesManley’s coming to town!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isochronic_frost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread?tu=isochronic_frost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.