Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
    #301 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Regular AND jumbo. Badass! Secret Santa coming through again.

I had to go read the post, was thinking something way different!!

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I had to go read the post, was thinking something way different!!

Magnum paper clips

I believe the "universal" paper clips on the left are one size fits all

#303 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I think the op would have found you a match locallyish (europe) I know the Canadian Secret Santa's get other Canadians to avoid costly shipping to the States. The Aussies probably get each other, etc.
    I shipped my package off for just over $20 to my secret Santee and we're a couple thousand kms away

I think I am the only aussie and was paired with a person in the northern hemisphere. Postage for me was over $55 but it has been a crazy year and everyone deserves some cheer - so what the hell - I feel sorry for the person who got me......

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Thank you Secret Santa!!
    [quoted image]

Man that's cheap!! I would of totally bought you multi colored Bulldog Clips

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Magnum paper clips
    I believe the "universal" paper clips on the left are one size fits all

.. size does matter!!

a08bc42dd295e897878cf510c2a995e3 (resized).jpga08bc42dd295e897878cf510c2a995e3 (resized).jpg
    #306 3 years ago

Wow, lots of generous santa's out there, like always. sorry to whoever got me, i am terrible about giving ideas. I also have no social media. Hope everyone has a safe and happy Holiday season.

#307 3 years ago

We were expecting about 10 packages this week, so the wife hastily opened this one before realizing what it was for - thanks Santa!

20201130_170804 (resized).jpg20201130_170804 (resized).jpg20201130_171026 (resized).jpg20201130_171026 (resized).jpg
    #308 3 years ago

I'm new to this. Has anyone gotten a pin in the past? That would be the ultimate surprise as a truck rolls up to the house for a unexpected delivery.

#309 3 years ago

nope.. not that I recall.. I think pinstadiums were about the most expensive gift. maybe some mods cost more.. some really cool pinball schematics and framed art. I heard Bill Gates participates in a secret santa on Reddit or something and just goes crazy on the gifts! that'd be bonkers!

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm new to this. Has anyone gotten a pin in the past?

If you got 'Guitarded' - Yes.

You are pretty much expected to (at the very least) buy your guy a NIB Pinball Machine.

The White Glove Delivery Service is purely optional.

#311 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the 12 days of Christmas gifts someone got last year..that was fun to follow! I see a few people doing it this year!

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

If you got 'Guitarded' - Yes.

You are pretty much expected to (at the very least) buy your guy a NIB Pinball Machine.

The White Glove Delivery Service is purely optional.

Love it.

I could have made quite a list of wants. Not including a pinball machine though.

I didn't realize people were really going all out this year.

LTG : )

#313 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

What are those ones on the right that say creamy ranch??

Skinless popcorn - I've never heard of such a thing.

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Me either. Sounds interesting. I'm wondering if it's kinda like a corn nut, maybe? I've had those long time ago...though I admit I'm not certain I know what they actually are.

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm wondering if it's kinda like a corn nut, maybe? I've had those long time ago...though I admit I'm not certain I know what they actually are.

Corn Nuts are essentially Rocky Mountain Oysters for Vegetarians.

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Love it.
    I could have made quite a list of wants. Not including a pinball machine though.
    I didn't realize people were really going all out this year.

What would be on LTG's list?

And what's on Prada's list?

#317 3 years ago

If my secret Santa is considering a pin as a gift I can always pickup at depot to save on shipping

#318 3 years ago

I wouldn’t turn down a fairly decent project Doodle Bug. Because I’m all humble like that .*

*Just kidding, of course. I’m happy with some Tootsie Pops leftover from Halloween.**

**Unless you secretly own Amazon, in which case put me down for a NIB Big Lebowski. Don’t worry, I have room for it.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

All the nutrients are in the skin.

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Me either. Sounds interesting. I'm wondering if it's kinda like a corn nut, maybe? I've had those long time ago...though I admit I'm not certain I know what they actually are.

I love me some Corn Nuts. We just had 3 kinds on our road trip to and from where we celebrated Thanksgiving - yum!

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

I'm wondering if it's kinda like a corn nut, maybe? I've had those long time ago...though I admit I'm not certain I know what they actually are.

F7E122EA-14F6-45A5-B8C7-730C14AA44A4 (resized).jpegF7E122EA-14F6-45A5-B8C7-730C14AA44A4 (resized).jpeg

#322 3 years ago

I love this pinside SS. Watching all the cool gifts roll in. Christmas is such a blast again! Keep the pics coming.

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

[quoted image]

I was trying to remember how crunchy/hard they are. Hadn't had them in years...maybe that's why

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Corn Nuts are essentially Rocky Mountain Oysters for Vegetarians.

From someone who has eaten his fair share of RMO, Corn Nuts are nowhere close to that. The plain corn nuts just give you a nice crunch and a bland salty flavor. However, the BBQ, Ranch, and Chile Picante are downright awesome. I'm not a real fan of the Jalepeno. Even though I like spicy, there's something about that fake Jalepeno flavor on these and chips varieties that just doesn't do it for me.

BTW, corn nuts are basically large roasted/fried corn kernels.

#325 3 years ago

How much would it cost to ship a pallet and empty pinball boxes all wrapped in plastic so it looks like a new machine is being delivered? (Asking for a friend.)

#326 3 years ago

You could fill the box with corn nuts

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

From someone who has eaten his fair share of RMO, Corn Nuts are nowhere close to that. The plain corn nuts just give you a nice crunch and a bland salty flavor. However, the BBQ, Ranch, and Chile Picante are downright awesome. I'm not a real fan of the Jalepeno. Even though I like spicy, there's something about that fake Jalepeno flavor on these and chips varieties that just doesn't do it for me.
    BTW, corn nuts are basically large roasted/fried corn kernels.

You should try Love Corn (no joke on the name lol). Had them in London last year and have seen them in the States since. They're like gourmet corn nuts. Really good. https://lovecorn.com/

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from Percula:

You could fill the box with corn nuts

Someone over here is bound to say chinchillas..

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Someone over here is bound to say chinchillas..

The thought had crossed my mind...

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

gourmet corn nuts

I got to admit, I never would have thought I would hear that said.

#332 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

What would be on LTG's list?

And what's on Prada's list?

Funny you should ask. I often had a list out on various news groups and forums through the years. When people would post asking what people would like for Christmas.

This gem is from 2011 on RGP :

New bully stick for the dog.
    Hakko Desoldering thingy.
    Hakko soldering station.
    Family Guy pinball machine.
    New pair of shoes.
    Felt to recover pool tables.
    New rug.
    Three new Neotec 27 inch VGA monitors.

And except for the bully stick for Prada which she will get, I'd trade it
    all for my friends who are hurting from illness or tragedies, that they
    could find peace and happiness.

On the what will probably happen side, since I haven't baked Christmas
    cookies for eight years, my neighbors always give me some home made
    Christmas cookies.

I celebrate Christmas on January 7th, so everyone has a couple more shopping
    weeks for me !

Obviously in need of updating. As some of the things I've picked up through the years or don't need 19 years later.

So my current one is :

An Escalera decked out with big wheel and forklift attachment.

My real one stays the same. Especially this year :

And except for the bully stick for Prada which she will get, I'd trade it
    all for my friends who are hurting from illness or tragedies, that they
    could find peace and happiness.

My friends mean more to me than any material gifts could bring. So I hope each and everyone who reads this is blessed this holiday season with health and happiness. Especially this year !

#333 3 years ago

Got my gift today. I think I’m going to wait a few more days to open it. Thank you Santa.

0C007A6D-7C69-454E-A1CB-575574DCC161 (resized).jpeg0C007A6D-7C69-454E-A1CB-575574DCC161 (resized).jpeg
    #334 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Got my gift today. I think I’m going to wait a few more days to open it. Thank you Santa.
    [quoted image]

Euh... did you check www.carolina.com ? maybe you should open the box now... they sell real animal organs for science studies they may not last until Christmas in a cardboard box

#335 3 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

they sell real animal organs for science studies

If the organs are packed in Corn Nuts, they should stay preserved for several days.

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

If the organs are packed in Corn Nuts, they should stay preserved for several days.

Unless the chinchillas went through those corn nuts..

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Soapman:

Target has been stalked, ordered for, and now we wait.

why would you stalk a department store chain? are they aware? do you think that they'll issue a restraining order against you no longer allowing you to grace their stores?

#338 3 years ago

items have been wrapped boxed up and post out as of last week, I just forgot to post. or did I?

#339 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

items have been wrapped boxed up and post out as of last week, I just forgot to post. or did I

I also will neither confirm nor deny my item/s have been mailed. Only LesManly and my elf know, or do they...

#340 3 years ago

I meant to post this like I did last year
    its_a_trap_star_wars.gifits_a_trap_star_wars.gif

#341 3 years ago

oops, wrong gif

it's away!
    star wars it's away.gifstar wars it's away.gif

#342 3 years ago

Just got off the phone with the chief elf at the north pole checking tracking info, and he confirmed that Santa indeed made an early delivery this year.

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok so I opened the box this morning and there are a bunch of wrapped gifts inside...no animal parts or chinchillas.

#344 3 years ago

He didn’t mention corn nuts. Just sayin’.

#345 3 years ago

Got my secret Santa gift today. I'll open it up later tonight. Thanks Santa

20201201_141315.jpg20201201_141315.jpg20201201_141320.jpg20201201_141320.jpg
    #346 3 years ago

I'm waiting until the 24th at minimum!! whenever it arrives

#347 3 years ago

Im so excited to open mine, im not sure how much self control Ill have

#348 3 years ago

I'm really excited I think the last couple items I need are showing up today and then I can ship my gift out!

#349 3 years ago

Dang this thread reminds me I need to get wrapping all the non pinball people gifts...hahha

#350 3 years ago

I got my Secret Santa gift today. I want to hold off opening it until Christmas however so MUAHAHA to my Secret Santa gifter! It's sorta heavy though with packing peanuts I think? *shakes box gently*

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.