Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.
    #201 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I may know who it is if I go back and look, but I have no idea what the gift will be so it's still a surprise.

I wish I got a GNR, especially with a 4 week lockdown for bars and restaurants that just went into effect here. Can't play GNR at a local haunt for at least a month now.

Man that sucks. Up here in Canada certain provinces are shutting down and I fear that here too in Saskatchewan soon. Always wish the best for my friends who put games on location for others to play. I hate that it will be 2021 before I get to play any games on location and support my friends

#202 3 years ago

I came home to this on my porch. I haven’t ordered anything delivered UPS, so I assume it is my SS gift.

I think someone took the idea of the $51 per ton of coal seriously. The box weighs 50 pounds! (Almost 23 kilos for our more metric minded viewers)

Sorry if this disappoints my SS, but I am waiting till Christmas to open it. The family is not exchanging gifts this year so this will be extra special.

561C915A-E78C-4862-A639-C53E201E9CB2 (resized).jpeg561C915A-E78C-4862-A639-C53E201E9CB2 (resized).jpeg
    #203 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I haven't heard about - find the pickle in Australia?

This is a joke, right?

Like Dick in a Box, right?

...because Finding the Pickle implies someone stayed up late last night to Hide the Pickle. Or is this some ingenious method you all have for getting the kids into bed early on Christmas Eve?

#204 3 years ago

I totally planned on waiting to open my gift, but the element of surprise would be lacking!

A set of mirror blades showed up the next day, so the install seemed rather appropriate!

DA8768A3-FDB2-454C-B1C8-CC52AA69D330 (resized).jpegDA8768A3-FDB2-454C-B1C8-CC52AA69D330 (resized).jpeg
    #205 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

My gift could come tomorrow, but I am still going to wait until Christmas morning. It's not my strong suit, but I'm forcing myself to have a little...

I would have waited but the package was not marked SS and with so many things that come to my place I had no idea if it was something I ordered.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

I would have waited but the package was not marked SS and with so many things that come to my place I had no idea if it was something I ordered.

That happens quite a bit each year. I think that will happen even more this year with more and more family members ordering stuff online instead of buying in person. It's easy to lose track and not be sure if it's something you or a family member bought. It's nice to have a variety of participants that do their gift opening times at different times. That way we get a more steady stream of opening posts throughout the whole season instead of only getting 100+ posts on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

#207 3 years ago

I went retro this year for my recipient. really retro

I just need to find time to wrap everything up and do the whole [12 days of christmas] for them this time around.

chinchilla (resized).jpgchinchilla (resized).jpg
    finding chinchillas, especially with the whole pandemic thing, was a chore. so, be forewarned it's not my fault if one or two of these little guys don't survive the trip. (hmm... maybe next year, I'll just send taxidermied critters

#208 3 years ago

I was thinking of the consequences of waiting til the 25th to open a gift.. what if said gift was a puppy... or a for heavens sake a pack of chinchillas..or is it a herd? or a school? posse? yeah.. that's prob it.

#209 3 years ago

Wow some of you folks are fast. I'm almost done, and I thought I was making good time! Ho ho holy moley!

#210 3 years ago

I'm just waiting for that $20 zizzle machine to pop up locally so I can send it out :-p

#211 3 years ago

Really disappointed I didn't know this existed, could I be put on the list for next year?!?

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from ArcadeUpkeep:

Really disappointed I didn't know this existed, could I be put on the list for next year?!?

Check in Nov 15, 2021!!!

#213 3 years ago

I don't really have a list, I just open up signups for a couple of weeks right at Halloween. If you want to shoot me your e-mail address I can add it to the ones I have and when I send out a reminder e-mail, I can include you too so you will at least be reminded.

#214 3 years ago

given the sh*tshow that this year has been, I'm re-thinking my gift idea and sending out one of these

igloo (resized).jpgigloo (resized).jpgnot only is safe, it's igloo shaped to mark the winter season and large enough to accommodate at least one pinball machine

note: you'll have to supply your own furniture/fake lawn. I'm not made of money!!

I MAY still include one chinchilla. just think of all the space that little guy will have to run around

#215 3 years ago

Finally finished buying all my SS gifts. I guess I guess I need to start buying my family stuff now.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

This is a joke, right?

No.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_pickle Lots of write ups on Google.

LTG : )

#217 3 years ago

Do they make a large enough size of chinchillas that a set of taxidermy ones could become like Russian nesting chinchillas?

#218 3 years ago

Or maybe they could replace cat juggling!!

a51ccd7d8149d857d19214db3998f26e_w200.gifa51ccd7d8149d857d19214db3998f26e_w200.gif
    #219 3 years ago

Really disappointed I didn't know this existed

You can still enjoy seeing the creativity of the Secret Santas when the pictures of presents as they are opened and photos posted here. A lot of joy and fun in that.

Sharing in the holiday is the true spirit of Christmas.

Join in next year.

LTG : )

#220 3 years ago

As soon as I receive my items from Ebay..Amazon walmart.com and Etsy..I will ship my gifts out

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Like Dick in a Box, right?
    ...because Finding the Pickle implies someone stayed up late last night to Hide the Pickle. Or is this some ingenious method you all have for getting the kids into bed early on Christmas Eve?

3D9246FC-10AE-4DFD-857D-074D05ECCEA8.gif3D9246FC-10AE-4DFD-857D-074D05ECCEA8.gif
    #222 3 years ago

Just a couple more things I'm waiting on and I can get my gift(s) mailed out. My recipient didn't leave me a lot of clues, but I think they will like what I got. Part of my is horrified they might already have some of these things, but I hope the rest makes up for it Very exciting, I'm really glad I got in again this year!

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from PappaDubz:

As soon as I receive my items from Ebay..Amazon walmart.com and Etsy..I will ship my gifts out

This is what I am waiting for too. I am afraid however that will be delayed due to covid restrictions. I only hope that there is enough time to receive and send.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

This is what I am waiting for too. I am afraid however that will be delayed due to covid restrictions. I only hope that there is enough time to receive and send.

Every time I look at your location, all I think of is the song Xanadu from Rush.

#225 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Every single holiday!

#226 3 years ago

One of Santa's elves just left my house on a package pickup run.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Every time I look at your location, all I think of is the song Xanadu from Rush.

Short history lesson then
    Location name in English it's Chalkis from the word Chalkos, means copper. It's one of the oldest cities in Greece. About 5000 years old.

#228 3 years ago

Dang it! I don't know how I missed it this year. Put me down to send a gift if someone doesn't receive theirs!

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

Short history lesson then
    Location name in English it's Chalkis from the word Chalkos, means copper. It's one of the oldest cities in Greece. About 5000 years old.

Awesome. I love information. Hope to get there one day....once we can actually travel freely again, enjoy restaurants, etc. Closest I've been is Malta (where my best friend's dad is from). Awesome island and people.

#230 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

Dang it! I don't know how I missed it this year. Put me down to send a gift if someone doesn't receive theirs!

I didn't receive my gift and I was told that it was a new 4-door ford bronco. care to step in and replace it?

#231 3 years ago

I received a small box today with some BIG GIFTS INSIDE!!

My wife and I were at the hospital most of last week having our first baby. During the down time I ordered a bunch of parts for the Whirlwind restoration that I will be starting soon. I have received several packages in the last few days. Today I opened up a small box I received and thought to myself “I did not order these . . .” And then it hit me, it was my Secret Santa gift.

Inside the box was:
    Stern spike power splitter adapter
    Iron Maiden Pinball Illuminated Cannon Mod
    Iron Maiden Pinball Illuminated Plane Mod

These are going to look amazing on my Iron Maiden LE machine. The plane and cannon both have so much detail, very cool mods. I am once again blown away by the generosity of the good people on this site. Thank you very much Secret Santa for the gifts and John for organizing this exchange again this year.

SS gift (resized).jpgSS gift (resized).jpg
    #232 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I didn't receive my gift and I was told that it was a new 4-door ford bronco. care to step in and replace it?

ughhhh dream gift!!!

Quoted from acitti:

My wife and I were at the hospital most of last week having our first baby. During the down time I ordered a bunch of parts for the Whirlwind restoration that I will be starting soon. I have received several packages in the last few days. Today I opened up a small box I received and thought to myself “I did not order these . . .” And then it hit me, it was my Secret Santa gift.
    Inside the box was:
    These are going to look amazing on my Iron Maiden LE machine. The plane and cannon both have so much detail, very cool mods. I am once again blown away by the generosity of the good people on this site. Thank you very much Secret Santa for the gifts and John for organizing this exchange again this year.
    [quoted image]

WOOT WOOT!!! that is awesome!

#233 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Inside the box was:
    [quoted image]

Wow! It really looks like the bar was raised this year! Nice work secret Santa’s!!

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

My wife and I were at the hospital most of last week having our first baby

Congratulations

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Inside the box was:
    [quoted image]

That plane looks sweet! May have to buy one for mine. Awesome gift, congrats!

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from acitti:

Inside the box was:
    [quoted image]

Nice! And this year you're one of the first to receive your gifts!

Congrats on the baby!

#237 3 years ago

Well got all my secret santa shopping done, just need to wait for 1 more gift to arrive. Just in time to do some Black Friday shopping for myself

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Well got all my secret santa shopping done, just need to wait for 1 more gift to arrive. Just in time to do some Black Friday shopping for myself

I'm still waiting for ALL of mine to arrive so I can box up!

#239 3 years ago

Thanks Secret Santa this Stranger Things Pinball banner is awesome

IMG_0546 (resized).jpgIMG_0546 (resized).jpg
    #240 3 years ago

nice score on the banner - that is an awesome gift

#241 3 years ago

Secret Santa gifts packed up and shipped!
    Wanted to get it out early to avoid "Shipmagedden"!
    Hope it brings a smile to the recipients face!

Thanks again for organizing this!
    Happy holidays all!

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I'm still waiting for ALL of mine to arrive so I can box up!

Glad to know I'm not the only one. This thread gives me anxiety seeing eveyone shipping!

#243 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Glad to know I'm not the only one. This thread gives me anxiety seeing eveyone shipping!

I have a couple things (including the big gift) but waiting on a few other smaer ones to arrive, so you arent alone!

#244 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody

#245 3 years ago

All is ordered and now waiting for gifts to arrive, wrap them all, and ship out. My wife was a positive influence and when I showed her what was in my cart to get her opinion she just said “Order it all, what the heck!” So, to my recipient, she says ‘You’re welcome’.

#246 3 years ago

Me too. Waiting on final gift...luckily Rob (Lermods) lives close by so I decided to throw in another gift.

#247 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Me too. Waiting on final gift...luckily Rob (Lermods) lives close by so I decided to throw in another gift.

I figured you would be sending a pinball machine as a gift. Well I have 3 of this title so here you go

#248 3 years ago

I just sent off my package to my pinsider - it will be a tight delivery for Christmas - the bugger being downunder

#249 3 years ago

Well, all that is left is the waiting and the wraapping and the shipping and the waiting...

I'm nowhere near done!

#250 3 years ago

curious on the pinsider list Secret Santa and Secret Santa 2 - they don't come up in the search - feel for the people that have to buy for them

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/5?hl=luckycreature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.