Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.
    #151 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Not for me. I'd rather my Santa do some research and find something he/she thinks I'll like for $30 rather than give me a check for $100. It's about the thought for me - even if I end up not needing/wanting something (which hasn't happened in the first three years!!!), I really appreciate the effort that Santa puts into it. And I hope my Santee appreciates the thought I put into the gifts I'm buying.

FYI current coal prices are down to $51/ton.
    So, if Santa researches you and decides you deserve coal, you're guaranteed at least 1,176 pounds of it

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

FYI current coal prices are down to $51/ton.
    So, if Santa researches you and decides you deserve coal, you're guaranteed at least 1,176 pounds of it

Brilliant! Lol

#153 3 years ago

Well I got my package in the mail today, I feel good about that. The bummer is, my Santee is maybe a bit of a Christmas purist and didn't open last year's gift until Christmas Eve. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if the choices I made are well-received.

#154 3 years ago

My gift has been shipped to the lucky recipient! I can't wait to see them post it here

#155 3 years ago

People are mega quick on the draw this year!!

Guess it shows how much we are all needing to get and give some fun cheer this year; and to be able to reach out to others in any way we safely can.

So, thanks again to John for making this happen again this year!!

#156 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

The bummer is, my Santee is maybe a bit of a Christmas purist and didn't open last year's gift until Christmas Eve.

Might be a good reason.

I celebrate Christmas January 7th. And normally don't get a present. So having my Secret Santa present that year was my best Christmas in many years.

Let the recipient enjoy their moment.

LTG : )

#157 3 years ago

I opened mine last year on X mas day, I'm more of a wait guy!!

I'll be waiting for the goodies for my shipment for a while, the recipient will get theirs well into Dec as it is.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Not for me. I'd rather my Santa do some research and find something he/she thinks I'll like for $30 rather than give me a check for $100. It's about the thought for me - even if I end up not needing/wanting something (which hasn't happened in the first three years!!!), I really appreciate the effort that Santa puts into it. And I hope my Santee appreciates the thought I put into the gifts I'm buying.

Yes, I agree. Just tryin to have fun.

#159 3 years ago

My wife and I haven't done presents in years. If we need/want something, we just buy it. Will be awesome to open a gift that someone has put some thought/effort into it. Really looking forward to this. Should have joined up years ago.

Top of the wish list would be a pin2dmd for sf2. Lol.

Would be happy with a pack a butterscotch lifesavers and a card.

#160 3 years ago

Santa has been shopping around! So many different things he could get - that's the best part, trying to figure out the fun stuff the Santee will receive!!

#161 3 years ago

I'll admit ,

I'm struggling with my recipient

Not a lot of posts, no hints in name, no wish list lol

#162 3 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I'll admit ,

Go with what you'd like to receive!

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from dc2010:

I'll admit ,

Easy. Who wouldn’t want this for when those pin soirées resume post Covid? There’s one gift.

206D182B-F9A0-4A7D-BC29-B1F80238C23E (resized).jpeg206D182B-F9A0-4A7D-BC29-B1F80238C23E (resized).jpeg
    #164 3 years ago

Or maybe this...same price.

F6046BA5-D038-4E7A-9236-4D5F5EAC0D75 (resized).jpegF6046BA5-D038-4E7A-9236-4D5F5EAC0D75 (resized).jpeg
    #165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Easy. Who wouldn’t want this for when those pin soirées resume post Covid?

Wow, nicely done with that French 'soirées' and accent!

#166 3 years ago

Got the elves working on my gift today.

#167 3 years ago

I see a few have shipped already, but what's the usual? I know what mr. Manley suggested, just wondering if before or after Thanksgiving

#168 3 years ago

Updated my collection

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I see a few have shipped already, but what's the usual? I know what mr. Manley suggested, just wondering if before or after Thanksgiving

I'd say the usual is probably right after Thanksgiving the first week of December. There are usually Black Friday deals from pinball related retailers or others that people like to take advantage of If they can.

#170 3 years ago

Thanks

#171 3 years ago

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

PXL_20201121_221119583 (resized).jpgPXL_20201121_221119583 (resized).jpg
    #172 3 years ago

I cant find out much about my Guy so I think I have something picked out that we all would love. At the very least I would love to receive.

#173 3 years ago

When in doubt, give unto others that which you wish they would give unto you.

#174 3 years ago

I had a delivery Wednesday 11/18. Through the window I could see that it was another pair of shoes that my wife ordered, but there was something else on the porch... A very familiar brown shipping tube was behind the shoes. I was puzzled to say the least, but I quickly realized it was what I suspected when I saw the shipping tape on the ends of the tube. At first, I thought I must've placed a drunk order(but i never do that!). I then emailed the owner saying there's been a mistake, but he said: No that is correct as someone ordered those for you for a gift.

I'm absolutely FLOORED by the generosity! Needless to say, I'll be passing along more than planned to my recipient. THANK YOU, Secret Santa!! Here is a pic of my NEW NEO Pin Stadium Lights installed on AIQ!!

AIQ Pinstadium (resized).jpgAIQ Pinstadium (resized).jpg

#175 3 years ago

Wow so cool

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

I'm absolutely FLOORED by the generosity! Needless to say, I'll be passing along more than planned to my recipient. THANK YOU, Secret Santa!! Here is a pic of my NEW NEO Pin Stadium Lights installed on AIQ!!
    [quoted image]

That's setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the season...! LOL

#177 3 years ago

That's so great!!! Secret Santa sure knows how to make someone happy! You sure it wasn't the REAL Santa?

Quoted from Mtg381:

I had a delivery Wednesday 11/18. Through the window I could see that it was another pair of shoes that my wife ordered, but there was something else on the porch... A very familiar brown shipping tube was on the porch behind the shoes. I was puzzled to say the least, but I quickly realized it was what I suspected when I saw the shipping tape on the ends of the tube. At first, I thought I must've placed a drunk order(but i never do that!). I then emailed the owner saying there's been a mistake, but he said: No that is correct as someone ordered those for you for a gift.
    [quoted image]

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

You sure it wasn't the REAL Santa?

Someone worked some MAGIC! We were notified on Tuesday and the gift arrived Wednesday. How is that even possible?!?

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

Someone worked some MAGIC! We were notified on Tuesday and the gift arrived Wednesday. How is that even possible?!?

Your secret Santa lives few blocks away

#180 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

Amazon can get you things in 2 hours, so 24 hours is a lifetime.

#181 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

That's setting the bar pretty high for the rest of the season...! LOL

Epic gift.

#182 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

I had a delivery Wednesday 11/18. Through the window I could see that it was another pair of shoes that my wife ordered, but there was something else on the porch... A very familiar brown shipping tube was behind the shoes. I was puzzled to say the least, but I quickly realized it was what I suspected when I saw the shipping tape on the ends of the tube. At first, I thought I must've placed a drunk order(but i never do that!). I then emailed the owner saying there's been a mistake, but he said: No that is correct as someone ordered those for you for a gift.
    [quoted image]

Wow! What generosity! That’s a huge gift. This makes me want to up the stakes even more. So glad to see such an incredible secret Santa gift! Especially with this year being so tough with COVID. Great job out there!! Can’t wait to see others post their pics of gifts.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mtg381:

[quoted image]

First opened gift of the 2020 season...and it's a doozy too...

ithasbegun (resized).jpgithasbegun (resized).jpg
    #184 3 years ago

Boom!! Hopefully people have stepped up their game this year. Wowza.

#185 3 years ago

that is a awesome gift - congrats

and has to be said very generous of the gift giver.

as for me in the land down-under (I think the only southern hemisphere person) I have ordered my parts and now waiting for delivery which will be close call to then send out for Christmas for the receiver. Everything else is ready, package is ready, just need one more thing.

#186 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

that is a awesome gift - congrats
    and has to be said very generous of the gift giver.
    as for me in the land down-under (I think the only southern hemisphere person) I have ordered my parts and now waiting for delivery which will be close call to then send out for Christmas for the receiver. Everything else is ready, package is ready, just need one more thing.

Receiving something from down-under (or, from somewhere else in our Commonwealth ) is cool in itself!

#187 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Receiving something from down-under (or, from somewhere else in our Commonwealth ) is cool in itself!

Agreed! I'd be happy with just some local snacks and non-perishable food from the area! I literally just signed up for UniersalYums.com for a year to experience snacks from around the world!

And just noticed you're from Canada, home of Coffee Crisp, one of my faves!

#188 3 years ago

So far, no one has said anything about waiting until Christmas to open it, or at least install it. You haven’t actually played it with the Stadium Lights, now, have you?

Quoted from Mtg381:

Here is a pic of my NEW NEO Pin Stadium Lights installed on AIQ!!

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

So far, no one has said anything about waiting until Christmas to open it,

Post 153 and post 156

I'd leave it up to the person receiving. Let them enjoy it when the time is right for them.

#190 3 years ago

I wasn’t being serious.

#191 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Agreed! I'd be happy with just some local snacks and non-perishable food from the area! I literally just signed up for UniersalYums.com for a year to experience snacks from around the world!
    And just noticed you're from Canada, home of Coffee Crisp, one of my faves!

https://www.universalyums.com/join
    this looks real cool, will check out as would be fun to try stuff from all over the world - thanks for sharing

both my parents are dutch but I was born in Aus, so we enjoy the dutch treats and I order from dutch expats a few times a year to get my fix
    https://www.dutchexpatshop.com/en/

#192 3 years ago

I am all done , :party:the secret package will be mailed tomorrow. My Secret Santa recipient and my self have many of the same likes. So after a very bad week at work , I enjoyed taking my mind off work and tracking down the gifts and putting together the package . This was great!!!

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I wasn’t being serious.

I'm sorry I missed that. I've been under a little stress lately.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry I missed that. I've been under a little stress lately.

No worries. Humor is difficult in plain text.

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

So far, no one has said anything about waiting until Christmas to open it, or at least install it. You haven’t actually played it with the Stadium Lights, now, have you?

Lol, who could have resisted!! I'm not only impressed with how fast he got it, but also how fast it was installed, lol, like a kid that can't wait on Christmas morning!

tenor (2).giftenor (2).gif
    #196 3 years ago

This is just happening to quick this year. I have already received my SS gift and it is a very cool piece of artwork from Tiltcycle. Thank you SS it will hang on my game room wall with pride.
    thumbnail-7 (resized).jpgthumbnail-7 (resized).jpg

#197 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

So far, no one has said anything about waiting until Christmas to open it, or at least install it.

Quoted from fiberdude120:

This is just happening to quick this year. I have already received my SS gift and it is a very cool piece of artwork from Tiltcycle. Thank you SS it will hang on my game room wall with pride. I will get a picture of it up soon.

My gift could come tomorrow, but I am still going to wait until Christmas morning. It's not my strong suit, but I'm forcing myself to have a little...

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

My gift could come tomorrow and but I am going to wait until Christmas morning. It's not my strong suit, but I'm forcing myself to have a little...

It's not really a Secret Santa since you know who got picked for you.

#199 3 years ago

and it's no surprise he got this! just has to convince the wife it was from Santa now!!

Ek9T5I4XgAEglkJ (resized).jpgEk9T5I4XgAEglkJ (resized).jpg
    #200 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

It's not really a Secret Santa since you know who got picked for you.

I may know who it is if I go back and look, but I have no idea what the gift will be so it's still a surprise.

Quoted from Dee-Bow:

and it's no surprise he got this! just has to convince the wife it was from Santa now!!
    [quoted image]

I wish I got a GNR, especially with a 4 week lockdown for bars and restaurants that just went into effect here. Can't play GNR at a local haunt for at least a month now.

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.