Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s what I’m talking about. This will get someone’s wife to finally plunge that shooter rod.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from Haymaker:

dang it I forgot to sign up before the 14th have fun everyone!

Lol! You saw the edible underwear and knew INSTANTLY you would regret not joining.

#102 3 years ago

first shipment away...……excited to make someone have a good mail day.

#103 3 years ago

I've shipped out my package! Coast to Coast this year! Exciting!

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

dang it I forgot to sign up before the 14th have fun everyone!

You can do like I do. Share in the excitement of people getting their boxes. Pictures of when they open them. And admire the creativity of the gift givers.

LTG : )

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Christmas pickle for you!
    2 of these bad boys will hit the dollar amount. https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/yodeling-pickle/product/56844
    [quoted image]

Somehow that thing ended up on my tree a few years back. I don’t know where it came from but it was gone very quickly. I think a friend put it on there when we weren’t looking.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from Murphdom:

Somehow that thing ended up on my tree a few years back. I don’t know where it came from but it was gone very quickly. I think a friend put it on there when we weren’t looking.

Old German tradition. Hide a pickle ornament on a Christmas tree. The child that finds it gets an extra gift.

No idea if that goes for yodeling pickles too.

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Old German tradition. Hide a pickle ornament on a Christmas tree. The child that finds it gets an extra gift.

My 3 kiddos enjoy that tradition every year. The winner gets an extra present and they open the first present.

#108 3 years ago

I have the gift. Still figuring a creative way to package it. Would super high bouncing balls adequately cushion a fragile item? I like the idea of hundreds of little superballs spilling out, bouncing all over the house when the box is opened.

——-
    Now I’ve given it away. 'Doh!

#109 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

I have the gift. Still figuring a creative way to package it. Would super high bouncing balls adequately cushion a fragile item? I like the idea of hundreds of little superballs spilling out, bouncing all over the house when the box is opened.
    ——-
    Now I’ve given it away. 'Doh!

Only one way to find out...

#110 3 years ago

This is fun...gifts are all ordered! Being my first year, I think I went a little overboard. Might need Michelle from STI.

Honestly though...hope my recipient likes the gifts.

#111 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Daditude:

My 3 kiddos enjoy that tradition every year. The winner gets an extra present and they open the first present.

My youngest son was the back-to-back Christmas pickle winner in 2018 and 2019:

Screenshot_20201118-233545~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201118-233545~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201118-233645~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201118-233645~2 (resized).png
    #112 3 years ago

I haven't heard about - find the pickle in Australia?

Is it something that is hidden in the tree on Christmas eve for the kids to find in the morning - please share - sounds like fun for the kids

#113 3 years ago

I play it with the wife all the time.

#115 3 years ago

Shopping complete.

#116 3 years ago

Just finished up my shopping also, the coup de grace has been ordered. I sure hope my santee likes it...

At the risk of posting more clues, I shall not divulge any further information.

#117 3 years ago

Just updated my pins and pics (forgot that I hadn't added my new JP Prem yet). BTW, not sure who is my Santa, of course, but I did want to let you know that all of my games are modded out. Not that I won't be appreciative of whatever you choose to gift me, but I pretty much have every mod I would ever want for my games. Hopefully that didn't mess you up or make things harder on you.

#118 3 years ago

Christmas pickle-rick.

20190103_180613 (resized).jpg20190103_180613 (resized).jpg
    #119 3 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

I haven't heard about - find the pickle in Australia?
    Is it something that is hidden in the tree on Christmas eve for the kids to find in the morning - please share - sounds like fun for the kids

I took this from Wikipedia, as it describes it more concisely than I could:

"The Christmas pickle is a lesser-known Christmas tradition for some Americans. A decoration in the shape of a pickle is hidden on a Christmas tree, with the finder receiving either a reward or good fortune for the following year. There are a number of different origin stories attributed to the tradition, including an origination in Germany. This theory has since been discounted, and it is now thought to be a German-American tradition created in the late 19th century."

It is lots of fun. My kids love it. Of course...who wouldn't love a way to get an extra present?

P.S. You can often find a pickle at the dollar store, Walmart, target, or online (of course). Some people also use a real pickle, but I don't recommend it because there is no loop/hook to hang it and they drip.

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I took this from Wikipedia, as it describes it more concisely than I could:
    "The Christmas pickle is a lesser-known Christmas tradition for some Americans. A decoration in the shape of a pickle is hidden on a Christmas tree, with the finder receiving either a reward or good fortune for the following year. There are a number of different origin stories attributed to the tradition, including an origination in Germany. This theory has since been discounted, and it is now thought to be a German-American tradition created in the late 19th century."
    It is lots of fun. My kids love it. Of course...who wouldn't love a way to get an extra present?
    P.S. You can often find a pickle at the dollar store, Walmart, target, or online (of course). Some people also use a real pickle, but I don't recommend it because there is no loop/hook to hang it and they drip.

I think i've seen the pickles at Michael's as well.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think i've seen the pickles at Michael's as well.

Hallmark made a Christmas ornament one too.

684 of them on Ebay right now. Search pickle ornament.

#122 3 years ago

I'm in! I hope my receiver enjoys the box of coal!

#123 3 years ago

The pickle isn't anywhere near as weird as the Caganer -- it's a Catalan (Spain) tradition where a boy is literally pooping somewhere in a traditional Nativity scene. Apparently the kid who finds the pooping figure gets extra gifts if I recall. You can buy these figures anywhere in Barcelona -- we bought a Stormtrooper pooping for my nephew. It's really..odd... but kind of cool.

https://www.caganer.com/en/info/the-caganer-s-history-12

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I hope my receiver enjoys the box of coal

With enough pressure, Superman can turn that into a diamond!

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

The pickle isn't anywhere near as weird as the Caganer -- it's a Catalan (Spain) tradition where a boy is literally pooping somewhere in a traditional Nativity scene. Apparently the kid who finds the pooping figure gets extra gifts if I recall. You can buy these figures anywhere in Barcelona -- we bought a Stormtrooper pooping for my nephew. It's really..odd... but kind of cool.
    https://www.caganer.com/en/info/the-caganer-s-history-12

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

The pickle isn't anywhere near as weird as the Caganer

And I thought stripping Santa Clauses was a new low.

#127 3 years ago

Ordered my gifts last night! Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here. I'm excited for my recipient to open. Hope they enjoy it as much as I did looking for it!

#128 3 years ago

Pooping and Christmas a great tradition , and it's one of the reasons Papa doesn't get to do the Elf on the Shelf thing for the grandkids anymore.

20171219_060621 (resized).jpg20171219_060621 (resized).jpg
    #129 3 years ago

I enjoy the anticipation of seeing my recipient's reaction way way more than my anticipation of receiving anything at all. Merry Christmas, Pinheads.

#130 3 years ago

I’m eagerly waiting for Twip to publish the Black Friday deals!

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I’m eagerly waiting for Twip to publish the Black Friday deals!

There is a thread for that.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2020-pinside-black-friday-sales-summary#post-5968126

#132 3 years ago

Just purchase the gift for my secret Santa. Hopefully everything will work out correctly because we are under a Covid 19 lock down here for another 3 weeks

#133 3 years ago

This is the earliest we've ever set up the tree.20201119_152608.jpg20201119_152608.jpg

20201119_151224.jpg20201119_151224.jpg

Cheers to all the secret Santa's out there20201119_152233.jpg20201119_152233.jpg

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This is the earliest we've ever set up the tree.

Nice wall where the TV is mounted!!

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

This is the earliest we've ever set up the tree.[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    Cheers to all the secret Santa's out there[quoted image]

That last pic is the only reason you need to have it up early!!

#136 3 years ago

Ordered one gift... And had another already planned from earlier. But I want to keep stalking and make it a nice Christmas, so will see what else I can come up with.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

Shit jay your spilling it all. O I see cheers man

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

Look at all that snow. And all that egg nog! Wonderful

#139 3 years ago

Done shopping! Hope my Santee likes it!

I received the package for my BoardGameGeek secret santee too! So have to wrap that and ship it off too! 'Tis the season!

#140 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

[quoted image]

No Holiday season is complete without Egg Nog!!!!

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

Done shopping! Hope my Santee likes it!
    I received the package for my BoardGameGeek secret santee too! So have to wrap that and ship it off too! 'Tis the season!

Hey does that mean you have time to help me with my secret santa?

Man I am stumped with my person. Good thing I still have time

#142 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

There is always the jelly of the month club.

Or an official membership in the SS Billiards Fan Club. Once in the Secret Circle you will be entitled to all the honors and benefits occurring thereto.

#143 3 years ago

nearly got all the gear for my person - tough one as well, had to be creative and was hoping for a shirt size and no luck

I bought a AC/DC aussie collector coin before the secret santa but my person has no interest in music pins so will give to some one else soon

also bought a pickle for the tree for the kids to hunt - may the tradition start

#144 3 years ago

I love egg nog, and a couple of years ago I figured out you can make popsicles with it. What’s better than egg nog? Frozen egg nog! It freezes soft and is really creamy - yum!

#145 3 years ago

I'm just happy the pickle has been explained here. My wife hangs one every year, I'm like what the heck is that for?? She said its tradition leave it alone.....

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I love egg nog, and a couple of years ago I figured out you can make popsicles with it. What’s better than egg nog? Frozen egg nog! It freezes soft and is really creamy - yum!

When I was a chubby kid my yearly tradition was eggnog on rice krispies. Way too sweet now for my tastebuds. Maybe I'll try freezing a couple ice cubes of eggnog and use it as ice cubes for a paralizer

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You really gotta try making your own! I make Alton Brown's recipe once or twice a season (you can double, triple it, etc as needed) and add way more bourbon than he calls for but it will change your life.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/eggnog-recipe-1956960

#148 3 years ago

If you like eggnog and liquor, I always like making moose milk. A Canadian military veteran makes some for my staff every year on Christmas eve. I made some during the holidays last year, and the inlaws didn't seem as bad as usual. Google moose milk for recipes, but basically its booze, booze, booze, with a touch of eggnog for color

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from jesperpark:

Hey does that mean you have time to help me with my secret santa?

If its me, I likes cash$$$$$$$

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If its me, I likes cash$$$$$$$

Not for me. I'd rather my Santa do some research and find something he/she thinks I'll like for $30 rather than give me a check for $100. It's about the thought for me - even if I end up not needing/wanting something (which hasn't happened in the first three years!!!), I really appreciate the effort that Santa puts into it. And I hope my Santee appreciates the thought I put into the gifts I'm buying.

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/3?hl=murphdom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.