Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.
    #1451 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Note to self : if Haymaker is my santee next year, send him tacky translite + Rainbow puking kit! Lol
    Now, don't forget to go update your Pinsider's profile - you got one more game to add!

you will have the keys to my heart!

Profile updated. Hell yeah!

#1452 3 years ago

F'n awesome.

What a great end to a fantastic Secret Santa Thread / Season.

Once again, many thanks to Les and everybody who participated. That goes extra for my SS.
    2020 will be known for more a helluva lot more than epic suck around these parts.

#1453 3 years ago

That’s unreal! Love it. Congrats and well done SS. Hope karma gives back to you ten fold.

#1454 3 years ago

Never seen a Vector - sounds fantastic, those 80's games are great!! That top flipper is still very unique!
    Gameplay at 2 minutes..

#1455 3 years ago

Amazing. Congrats Haymaker and to whoever the Secret Santa was I hope your 2021 is amazing. You definetly paid it forward. Thanks again LesManley for all your hard work running the show.

#1456 3 years ago

Wow this was a great experience can’t wait for next year . Thanks again les

#1457 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Never seen a Vector - sounds fantastic, those 80's games are great!! That top flipper is still very unique!
    Gameplay at 2 minutes..

Dude its an awesome game. It's from 1982 and it's so packed full of every cutting edge feature it's amazing. Makes LZ seems like a kids toy. So much fun speech and a lot of bells and whistles. HIT THE SHOWERS

#1458 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Dude its an awesome game. It's from 1982 and it's so packed full of every cutting edge feature it's amazing. Makes LZ seems like a kids toy. So much fun speech and a lot of bells and whistles. HIT THE SHOWERS

Congrats! You're going to love this game the ruleset is incredibly deep for a game of that era. Gameplay is outstanding and challenging. Artwork is fun and that back glass gives me pinball wood every time I see it. This is a game that's been on my wish list for a long time now. Merry Christmas, and enjoy. Keep flippin

#1459 3 years ago

congrats! although, initially I was led to believe that you were catfished with that alt translite photo taped to the vector back glass

well done to your secret santa!

#1460 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

That is awesome. I’m glad somebody was so generous, and hopefully it made your 2021 brighter and more optimistic. Congrats on that gift.

#1461 3 years ago

Hey John LesManley . I'll give you $5.00 in small unmarked bills if you hook me up with the big gift giver next year.

LTG : )

#1462 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Hey John lesmanley . I'll give you $5.00 in small unmarked bills if you hook me up with the big gift giver next year.
    LTG : )

If only it was that easy. The SS that gave that gift has participated before this year and since this was the first ever pinball machine as a gift, there is no guarantee that if that person participates again next year their recipient would be as lucky.

That said, we'd love to have you back in Lloyd. Open your gifts whenever you want and I am sure that whomever had you as their recipient would be thrilled.

#1463 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

That said, we'd love to have you back in Lloyd. Open your gifts whenever you want and I am sure that whomever had you as their recipient would be thrilled.

Agreed! As evidenced by the fact that you and Prada received a few gifts, even though you WEREN'T in it!

#1464 3 years ago

Are people still waiting on gifts?

#1465 3 years ago

There was a hint that a few small things that didn’t make it in time are still coming my way. Or maybe I dont know how to read a hint. Hint was (there’s a few small thing yet to come when they all get here I’ll send them) he also said they where coming from over seas so it may take a while. I’ll post pics when they arrive. Don’t know what it could be as my SS went all out already.

#1466 3 years ago
    Quoted from Percula:

Are people still waiting on gifts?

I've got one coming that should be here any day. Other than that, I don't know of any more packages anyone is waiting on.

#1467 3 years ago

Great year, and thanks to LesManley for doing it again! I appreciate all the work you've done over the years.

#1468 3 years ago

I live for the moment that someone will give me a pin as a gift. I don't mean the secret Santa but relatives or friends. Unfortunately I know deep in my heart that this will never happen since no one seems to understand what and why I am in this.

#1469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

I leave for the moment that someone will give me a pin as a gift. I don't mean the secret Santa but relatives or friends. Unfortunately I know deep in my heart that this will never happen since no one seems to understand what and why I am in this.

Its funny because all of us here know this addiction is real. Our family members have really no clue how much of our brain is devoted to this hobby.

#1470 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Its funny because all of us here know this addiction is real. Our family members have really no clue how much of our brain is devoted to this hobby.

Oh, I'd say my very patient wife has a pretty good idea...

#1471 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Oh, I'd say my very patient wife has a pretty good idea...

There's a thread right there: Pinsiders' partners. So husbands/wives get to exchange on how best they can support us, lol

I'm lucky enough that my girlfriend loves arcades and pins! Thou, she has no idea about how much the hobby costs!! Don't tell!

#1472 3 years ago

Agreed! How many of us have brought a new pin in the house when the spouse is out. A few weeks later, you get the question “Is that a new pinball machine?” And you say “oh, no. We have had that one for a while now!”

#1473 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

There's a thread right there: Pinsiders' partners. So husbands/wives get to exchange on how best they can support us, lol
    I'm lucky enough that my girlfriend loves arcades and pins! Thou, she has no idea about how much the hobby costs!! Don't tell!

My wife knows how much it costs and doesn't mind. I don't hide the prices from her. She almost never plays either, but realizes I enjoy it.

However I think her new Cricut hobby might end up costing more than my pins... Holy buckets, are the supplies expensive!

#1474 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

However I think her new Cricut hobby might end up costing more than my pins... Holy buckets, are the supplies expensive!

But she can make you new plastics with it!

#1475 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

I live for the moment that someone will give me a pin as a gift. I don't mean the secret Santa but relatives or friends. Unfortunately I know deep in my heart that this will never happen since no one seems to understand what and why I am in this.

Just had a neighbor help me move some supplies into my storage unit and I showed him all the pinball projects on my docket awaiting whenever I find the right house. I joked and offered him a pinball machine if he’s every interested... unbelievably he said to me “oh I think I’ve got enough junk already!”

They are the most fun piece of furniture you can put in your house wtf??

#1476 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

But she can make you new plastics with it!

Really? All she's done is make a few cards so far... I joked that so far each card cost us about $400.

#1477 3 years ago

Woohoo! Just had another present show up from my Secret Santa yesterday! Some tasty BBQ sauces and a Eddie Van Halen guitar pick. The Mad Anthony’s sauce is produced by (or for) Michael Anthony, bassist for Van Halen! I’m actually planning on making some ribs later on this week, so these bottles will be the sauce on the side choices! Looks like my SS ordered this on the 22nd of November USPS Priority Mail, not sure when it finally arrived at his place, but then it only took a couple of days from there to get here. Whew! Long transit time, but thanks again Secret Santa, for the awesome selection of gifts! Looking forward to doing this again next year!!

41714723-1BEF-4D1A-86DA-11B4EB5D5579 (resized).jpeg41714723-1BEF-4D1A-86DA-11B4EB5D5579 (resized).jpeg
    #1478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

However I think her new Cricut hobby might end up costing more than my pins.

This thread may give you some crazy ideas what to have her do with it, similar product:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club

#1479 3 years ago
    Quoted from homegameroom:

Agreed! How many of us have brought a new pin in the house when the spouse is out. A few weeks later, you get the question “Is that a new pinball machine?” And you say “oh, no. We have had that one for a while now!”

I used to sell guitars to a guy over in Japan who had an apartment for his actual collection and only kept 6 guitars in his home.
    "She only counts cases. So I never have more than 6 in the house at a time."

#1480 3 years ago

Great SS again! Thank you John for putting this on and everyone for participating. So many thoughtful great gifts!

#1481 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

"She only counts cases.

Too bad pinball boxes are so big.

#1482 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

This thread may give you some crazy ideas what to have her do with it, similar product:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/silhouette-cameo-pinball-restorers-club

Thanks!

#1483 3 years ago
    Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Woohoo! Just had another present show up from my Secret Santa yesterday! Some tasty BBQ sauces and a Eddie Van Halen guitar pick. The Mad Anthony’s sauce is produced by (or for) Michael Anthony, bassist for Van Halen! I’m actually planning on making some ribs later on this week, so these bottles will be the sauce on the side choices! Looks like my SS ordered this on the 22nd of November USPS Priority Mail, not sure when it finally arrived at his place, but then it only took a couple of days from there to get here. Whew! Long transit time, but thanks again Secret Santa, for the awesome selection of gifts! Looking forward to doing this again next year!!
    [quoted image]

Ooooo I want to try that extra hot

#1484 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Ooooo I want to try that extra hot

There's a local place (MN) that makes the BEST BBQ sauce... His name's Chef Earl, and he makes this one sauce that has Trinidad Scorpion Peppers in it. So good.... It's pretty expensive though. https://www.facebook.com/Chef-Earls-BBQ-957386874289857/

#1485 3 years ago

Actually, I'd order some modded pinball themed best wishes cards if there were such things! Could be game specific, themed (Xmas, thank-you cards, Halloween), joke cards, etc. I'm thinking of a few joke Valentine's explaining how a guy can also love his pins! (But won't pay $400 per card!!)

Anyhow, seems your wife could do even more with that Cricut! A hobby to bring her into your's! Lol

#1486 3 years ago

Love good bbq sauce!

Quoted from Fezmid:

There's a local place (MN) that makes the BEST BBQ sauce... His name's Chef Earl, and he makes this one sauce that has Trinidad Scorpion Peppers in it. So good.... It's pretty expensive though. https://www.facebook.com/Chef-Earls-BBQ-957386874289857/

#1487 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Actually, I'd order some modded pinball themed best wishes cards if there were such things! Could be game specific, themed (Xmas, thank-you cards, Halloween), joke cards, etc. I'm thinking of a few joke Valentine's explaining how a guy can also love his pins! (But won't pay $400 per card!!)
    Anyhow, seems your wife could do even more with that Cricut! A hobby to bring her into your's! Lol

Hmm, that's a very interesting idea! I'll have to come up with an idea of how to pitch this to her...

#1488 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

"She only counts cases."

Sounds like the start of a country song.

#1489 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like the start of a country song.

She only counts cases,
    I only call when i have a pair of aces

#1490 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

ooo I gotta try some of that!

#1491 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

How is that on the way out?

#1492 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

How is that on the way out?

my butthole is made from old football helmet leather, so it would have no effect on me. Gimmie all the hot stuff!

#1493 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

my butthole is made from old football helmet leather, so it would have no effect on me. Gimmie all the hot stuff!

hahhahah. I like some basic hot things, but one time I had some pepper jack cheese and it oddly was the hottest thing I've eaten to leave...very odd. I do remember in College my friend from Shirlanka was making a traditional dinner for me. It was sort of like a curry (hot), rice with a topping and he ate with his fingers, which I kept thinking "man if you rub your eye the wrong way...good luck"

#1494 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm from Buffalo, and still remember eating wings when I was 5 or 6, so... Yeah, I'm good.

1 week later
    #1495 3 years ago

I must confess.. I'm actually the first to ever receive a pin from secret santa! I'm loving me some Atomic pinball on this cold cold weekend! thanks again to last year's secret santa for the radd toy! i notice it's a Japanese import! pretty cool art on the pf too!

20210206_105024 (resized).jpg20210206_105024 (resized).jpg
    #1496 3 years ago

annnnd thank you to this year's SS for the pinhauling handles! I used them yesterday to haul an Aztec out of my house and down the stairs of a local pinhead! didn't want to use a wheeler and get his carpet all dirty from the snow so we hand bombed it ! they work so good! just used two on the front! they're awesome.. hauling pins in -30° Celsius Canadian winters.... not awesome! (-42 w/windchill)

20210205_131232 (resized).jpg20210205_131232 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20210206-111546_Weather Network (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210206-111546_Weather Network (resized).jpg

#1497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

annnnd thank you to this year's SS for the pinhauling handles! I used them yesterday to haul an Aztec out of my house and down the stairs of a local pinhead! didn't want to use a wheeler and get his carpet all dirty from the snow so we hand bombed it ! they work so good! just used two on the front and definitely helpe! they're awesome.. hauling pins in -30° Celsius Canadian winters.... not awesome! (-42 w/windchill)
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I know someone else asked, but where can those pin hauler handles be purchased from?

#1498 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

annnnd thank you to this year's SS for the pinhauling handles! I used them yesterday to haul an Aztec out of my house and down the stairs of a local pinhead! didn't want to use a wheeler and get his carpet all dirty from the snow so we hand bombed it ! they work so good! just used two on the front and definitely helpe! they're awesome.. hauling pins in -30° Celsius Canadian winters.... not awesome! (-42 w/windchill)
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

-27.4 degrees fahrenheit.. yes, minus!

#1499 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

You meant to say, a beautiful sunny winter day in Calgary!

#1500 3 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I know someone else asked, but where can those pin hauler handles be purchased from?

my next post has the link! I will glue some felt pads on these for cabinet protection and they'll be perfect!
    *note- they didn't damage the cabinet at all..just figure some oversized protectors cut out of felt would make it less likely to leave any marks

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/30?hl=axaios and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.