Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 32.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey not sure if this only happened to me but my email didn't have a recipient in it. [quoted image]

Same here

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey not sure if this only happened to me but my email didn't have a recipient in it.

It’s there, just in really small print way at the bottom. Not sure why it came through like that. Check again. I had to look at mine three times before I zoomed on my phone.

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Hey not sure if this only happened to me but my email didn't have a recipient in it. [quoted image]

It's there. You may want to remove that pic.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from SKWilson:

It's there. You may want to remove that pic.

Thanks guys!! Thought that was just a separator line!

Pic removed.

#55 3 years ago

Wow, that was small! Found it

#56 3 years ago

Oh man, super stoked. A stalkin' I will go...

#57 3 years ago

This is going to be great! We all have other hobbies besides pinball. I’d already been thinking of sending my person something from my other hobby.

My person didn’t provide a wishlist. He or she hasn’t written any stories. His / her nickname is one you'd only use here. So, that's no helpful data. Then I looked at recent posts. There's a real good chance that we share the same other hobby! How cool is that?

Eh, maybe I’ll just send a Tshirt instead. Ya think?

#58 3 years ago

Can never go wrong with scotch or whiskey as a gift!

Quoted from undrdog:

Eh, maybe I’ll just send a Tshirt instead. Ya think?

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:Can never go wrong with scotch or whiskey as a gift!

My preference in that regard is more combustible than flammable. But I meant my other other hobby.

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Can never go wrong with scotch or whiskey as a gift!

Except to someone like me who's a teetotaler (not to mention those that are recovering alcoholics).

#61 3 years ago

I was so excited, now i'm stressed on what to buy!! HA

#62 3 years ago

Scouting for gifts! I think this will also clean pinballs' balls nicely!!

1569426136-screen-shot-2019-09-25-at-11-41-54-am-1569426129 (resized).png1569426136-screen-shot-2019-09-25-at-11-41-54-am-1569426129 (resized).png
    #63 3 years ago

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from amkoepfer:

Wow, that was small! Found it

I had everything really small so I could fit it all on the screen at once. I didn't thik it copied over in that size, so I'm sorry if it did. It all should be there, but if it isn't definitely let me know.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I had everything really small so I could fit it all on the screen at once. I didn't thik it copied over in that size, so I'm sorry if it did. It all should be there, but if it isn't definitely let me know.

Its all there, i just missed it. Thank you!

#66 3 years ago
    9F5ECD5E-53E7-4B6B-9624-A24A22E58ED2 (resized).jpeg9F5ECD5E-53E7-4B6B-9624-A24A22E58ED2 (resized).jpeg
    #67 3 years ago

Just a reminder/heads up. After looking at my giftee some people just don't post much about updates to their games/mods and game room. So if you think of it, update your game list, take some pics of the game room and games so people can see what mods and games you have...Or post in the game(s) threads anything cool

Just ran down and snapped some pics of my chaos basement.

#68 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

This is going to be great! We all have other hobbies besides pinball. I’d already been thinking of sending my person something from my other hobby.

Yah - My Secret Santee apparently also enjoys a hobby that I'm pretty directly involved in as a career - hopefully I can send him some cool and useful stuff!

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Just a reminder/heads up. After looking at my giftee some people just don't post much about updates to their games/mods and game room. So if you think of it, update your game list, take some pics of the game room and games so people can see what mods and games you have...Or post in the game(s) threads anything cool
    Just ran down and snapped some pics of my chaos basement.

Good idea I’ll have to update my game room pics tonight.

#70 3 years ago

Your Secret Santa is...

Why is it telling me who my Secret Santa is? That's not very secret... Ha...

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Yeah it's definitely all there, my old eyes just missed it.

#72 3 years ago

I have to say im really enjoying reading all the posts from my mark. Maybe long lost brother??? Now im worried someone will read mine and think “ what an a$$hole”
    8DC6B68B-D5EB-4690-A9D5-829DAEC6C187 (resized).jpeg8DC6B68B-D5EB-4690-A9D5-829DAEC6C187 (resized).jpeg

#73 3 years ago

Peeking at some of my Santee posts have given me some wonderful ideas on gifts.
    I'm so excited for him or her!

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

I have to say im really enjoying reading all the posts from my mark. Maybe long lost brother??? Now im worried someone will read mine and think “ this guys a real a$$hole”[quoted image]

Screenshot_20201117-124108~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201117-124108~2 (resized).png

Lol! That reminds me of Spaceballs.

#75 3 years ago

Damn my laziness! Is it too late to sign up? Can't believe I slacked on this.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

You can always just give yourself something secretly.

#77 3 years ago

I got to say I'm enjoying this a lot more than I thought I would. It's really awoken the sleeping stalker in me. I'm really enjoying all of the stealthy stealth research, can't wait to get a package together and out in the mail.

#78 3 years ago

I'm all set, just finished ordering the stuff for my person.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Is it too late to sign up?

Probably.

You can still enjoy the fun of watching people get their gifts. And the pictures of when they open them and what they received.

More than one way to enjoy the festivities !

LTG : )

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

Start knocking on doors and find two others that want to join and the 3 can swap names....or buy youself some stuff in middle of night and forget about it. I've gotten those kinds of surprises

Worst case, enjoy the thread

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Well, someone is getting a new pin!!
    [quoted image]

So for what it's worth, if someone actually does end up with one of these, I saw a lava lamp that I believe went with one of my granddaughters hippie Barbie collection , that would make a great custom topper. Never too soon to start thinking about mods.

#82 3 years ago

I got a PM from the legendary LesManley, who is going to try to fit me in. Secret Santa rules!

#83 3 years ago

Damn this is going to be a hard one.

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from pzy:

I got a PM from the legendary LesManley, who is going to try to fit me in. Secret Santa rules!

Lol, hope he'll hook you up with balt for being so fashionably late!

Screenshot_20201117-165945_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201117-165945_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #85 3 years ago

let's go to "forum activity".................... oh it looks like my santee is into pinball

#86 3 years ago

LesManly thank you for doing this. Black Friday deals will be put to use this year.

#87 3 years ago

To my Santa, I'll apologize for NOT having a social media presence. However, I included some tidbits with my info to Les and my post history here on Pinside can likely yield some things for the sleuth. Gifts need not be big nor many in number, as I'm more here to stalk my Santee and surprise them.

Good luck and thanks in advance!

A_D

#88 3 years ago

reading someone else's post made me realise I didn't give too much in the way of hints, sorry for who ever is stuck with me, so I added a story - not sure if it helps or if can be seen as looks like it has to be reviewed by admin

great to join in the fun

hey balt this photo makes me laugh everytime I seem them - would be dam itchy and hot - not great for christmas in warm places

8867c51a1d728556bab0d03d273b2ba7150f40b2 (resized).jpg8867c51a1d728556bab0d03d273b2ba7150f40b2 (resized).jpg
    #89 3 years ago

if anyone's looking for gift ideas I make homemade masks out of used clothing and have few extra i could pass on.. hit me up of interested.

Screenshot_20201117-201555_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20201117-201555_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

if anyone's looking for gift ideas I make homemade masks out of used clothing and have few extra i could pass on.. hit me up of interested. [quoted image]

that is just wrong, funny, but wrong

#91 3 years ago

If my Santa needs hints, the gifts from last years SS were awesome! Once again mega props to that Santa. I enjoyed them all very much. It was some small items and just awesome. Love posters and manuals and interesting pinball things! Been eyeing pinball vault forever so any schematics for something from a game I own would be a top tier gift!

And one final thing if that’s not enough, I’m looking at two potential houses on Sunday! I can give you my account and routing number if you’d like to wire me 10k for a down payment <3

#92 3 years ago

Reading a few of these posts has got me thinking of the poor person with my name. Social media stalking? Uh, you’re not bad at it.....you’ll just have more luck finding your grail pin for $10. Use Pinside posts? I didn’t delete them all....you just only get about 5 posts over the past few years to work with. Extract something from my message you got through Les? I realize now it may have been a bit weak. So, with all that what do end up with? Well, actually exactly what it may seem. Simple. Enjoy giving. Appreciate all I have. Appreciate kindness. Love being around my family and close friends. So, how do you use that? Know that you can’t really fail. I appreciate everyone here trying to spread some cheer and make our corner of the world a bit better. I look forward to making someone’s Christmas a little more awesome.

#93 3 years ago

Shopping done

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from TakingupSpace:

Reading a few of these posts has got me thinking of the poor person with my name. Social media stalking? Uh, you’re not bad at it.....you’ll just have more luck finding your grail pin for $10. Use Pinside posts? I didn’t delete them all....you just only get about 5 posts over the past few years to work with. Extract something from my message you got through Les? I realize now it may have been a bit weak. So, with all that what do end up with? Well, actually exactly what it may seem. Simple. Enjoy giving. Appreciate all I have. Appreciate kindness. Love being around my family and close friends. So, how do you use that? Know that you can’t really fail. I appreciate everyone here trying to spread some cheer and make our corner of the world a bit better. I look forward to making someone’s Christmas a little more awesome.

Christmas pickle for you!
    2 of these bad boys will hit the dollar amount. https://www.vermontcountrystore.com/yodeling-pickle/product/56844

3CCB6B2C-AC23-494B-A8AD-3C6F44CAFECE.png3CCB6B2C-AC23-494B-A8AD-3C6F44CAFECE.png
    #95 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Welcome everyone to the official Secret Santa thread for 2020!
    First of all, I want to say Thank You all for the well wishes and the messages of thanks in your PMs to me. It is a lot of work, but it is my pleasure running it since I see how much fun everyone gets out of it year after year. It's awesome to be able to give back to the group like this! Since the last three years went off basically without a hitch, I'll keep things nice and consistent for anyone who has participated before and not change anything. I closed the old thread since the registration time frame has now passed and I opened up this thread to keep things clean and streamlined. We can use this thread to post announcements, questions, updates, ship dates and of course to show off all our ill gotten booty that we receive from our secret santas. It's a been a LONG year, so let's really try to end 2020 on a positive note.
    Here's how things are going to go. Tonight and early tomorrow I will assign everyone a number and go down the list and randomly draw a secret santa for every participant. I should have everyone's e-mail address, so I will send an e-mail to each person with the name and information I have for who you are to buy gifts for. If they gave me any gift ideas or a list of the games they own that they don't display to the public, I will include those as well. If you don't receive an e-mail from me by Tuesday, Nov. 17, please PM me. You then will have about a month to purchase gifts and ship them out to your SS. The cut off date will be Monday, Dec. 18th for shipping so all items have a chance to get there by Christmas Eve. You can and should ship them out much sooner as soon as they are ready to go though. You can wrap the gifts individually if you want and send them in one big box or even have them directly shipped to your SS if you want to save some money that way. Please do not include your name on the return address no matter what method you choose, use the name "Pinside Secret Santa" instead. That way everyone will know when your package arrives and they won't know who it is from. When you do send your gifts, please send me a PM or e-mail with the tracking information so I can add it to my sheet and cross you off the list. When your SS package arrives, please post in this thread too so the sender knows you got it safe and sound, even if you don't intend to open for a while. People can be worried about porch pirates, so even if the tracking says delivered, your SS wants to make sure you got it and not someone else. And of course, this is an important one...after you open your SS package, post the money shots of all your goodies here and give a proper thank you shout out to your Secret Santa for doing their part to spread a little holiday cheer. If there is one thing we struggle with year after year, it's this. People can put a lot of time and effort into buying gifts and can be very proud of what they buy for you with their hard earned money, so please take a moment to post pictures after opening and say a quick thank you! You don't have to gush over everything and write a super long story, but please take a minute to acknowledge what you received.
    Before the fun officially commences, we need to cover some basic ground rules...
    *First off, this will be as fun as we make it. If we put in some effort, everyone should have a good time. Please check your SS's public game list on Pinside and the ideas they included (if any) and do some creative investigation. Maybe search their old posts, check out any pictures or their Pinside story if they have one.
    You are free to buy what you want, you don't have to get anything that your SS may have suggested for gifts, but please just put the same amount of thought into your gifts that you would want someone to put into the gifts for you and things should be fine.
    *On that note, please no public bitching on Pinside about what you receive, that isn't the point of this. This is supposed to be about giving, spreading some joy and adding a little of that childhood magic back into the holidays again. If you really wanted an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle...but got a football instead...be thankful for what you received or at least fake it like you would with your in-laws.
    *The dollar amount you should aim for when buying gifts is at least $30. That is not a hard cap by any means. Tis the season, so you can spend as much as you feel comfortable with, but please at least hit that number value wise so no one is short changed from a dollar standpoint.
    *I will keep track of who shipped packages and when they were shipped. I will send out a reminder to anyone I haven't heard from 1 week before the deadline, but PLEASE, be responsible and buy your gifts and ship them out before the deadline so we don't run into issues with having to track people down and recipients not getting packages in time.
    *Finally, most importantly, No dead beat Santas. If you don't think you can fulfill your end of the bargain for whatever reason, please contact me and I can remove your name from the list now with no questions asked. Nothing would be worse for this than someone not following through and leaving someone empty handed. By participating, you are agreeing to be responsible and fulfill your obligation to the recipient. I know unexpected things can happen, so if a Santa runs into any issues, notify me immediately please. The sooner I am made aware, the sooner I can figure a solution to the issue. Once again, if a Santa fails to follow through, and does not contact me ahead of time (to solve the issue), I will have no problem outing them to the Pinside community and we all know how merciless this community can be. This is the only warning you will receive for this, so please let's not have to go there.
    I think that about covers it. Any other questions, feel free to post in this thread or PM me and I would be happy to help. Let's put on those Santa hats, give 2020 a big old punch in the face and get ready for a better 2021 with the hap, hap, happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny #%&$@ Kaye! Let Christmas begin!
    2020 Secret Santas:
    1 2Kaulitz
    2 67cutlass
    3 acitti
    4 action76
    5 Aflacjack
    6 alexmogil
    7 amkoepfer
    8 Apinjunkie
    9 Arcade
    10 ArcadeTechNerd
    11 Asylum
    12 Atari_Daze
    13 atrainn
    14 Axaios
    15 balt
    16 bbriese
    17 BertoDRINK1
    18 bicyclenut
    19 Blitzburgh99
    20 BlueIrocGuy
    21 bowtech
    22 bowz
    23 BubbaBeast
    24 Captainhook
    25 Charliew65
    26 Cheberha
    27 ChrisPINk25
    28 chubtoad13
    29 Coindork
    30 Colsond3
    31 Coz
    32 Daditude
    33 davidldennis
    34 dc2010
    35 Dee-Bow
    36 Devilsmuse
    37 dirkdiggler
    38 dnapac
    39 docquest
    40 dolsontown
    41 dondon4720
    42 drbrain
    43 EasternBloc
    44 easye9901
    45 Ericc123
    46 FatPanda
    47 Fezmid
    48 fiberdude120
    49 fosaisu
    50 gentrsa
    51 Gexchange
    52 gliebig
    53 Gogojohnnyquack
    54 grantopia
    55 Gritty
    56 groffdaddy
    57 guitarded
    58 Hayfarmer
    59 HighVoltage
    60 hogbog
    61 homegameroom
    62 hool10
    63 hupchallenge
    64 icanswim70
    65 Insane
    66 Isochronic_Frost
    67 j_m_
    68 Jaeg
    69 Jason_Jehosaphat
    70 Jawa
    71 jellikit
    72 Jenniebear
    73 jesperpark
    74 Jimmyhonda
    75 joefox22
    76 jp1985
    77 JRBBRJ
    78 KingPinGames
    79 Kwaheltrut
    80 LesManley
    81 Liftserv
    82 lowbeau67
    83 luckycreature
    84 MacJedi
    85 mandelbloom
    86 mario_1_up
    87 matiou
    88 Mcrorin
    89 merccat
    90 Metaluna
    91 mickey
    92 midcoastsurf
    93 Miguel351
    94 Mitoska
    95 Mitoska (Son)
    96 Mjonesproperty
    97 Mr_Tantrum
    98 MrMikeman
    99 MrsPin
    100 Mtg381
    101 Murphdom
    102 Muskie82
    103 NeilMcRae
    104 newovad
    105 northerndude
    106 northvibe
    107 Number41
    108 pacmanretro
    109 PappaDubz
    110 paulbaptise
    111 Pdxmonkey
    112 Penguindeity
    113 Percula
    114 Phat_Jay
    115 pin2d
    116 pinballj
    117 Pinballlew
    118 pinballphotos
    119 pingod
    120 Pinmasher
    121 Pin-Pilot
    122 Pinsterwmass
    123 Pintor
    124 PokerJake
    125 Ponzie
    126 Propsnsports
    127 pzy
    128 RCA1
    129 rodcom
    130 Saltimbanco
    131 SarverSystems
    132 Secret Santa
    133 SeeDeeS
    134 SevenEightyRacer
    135 SKWilson
    136 SkyKing2301
    137 Soapman
    138 Stosel
    139 swinks
    140 TakingupSpace
    141 the96stang
    142 TiltDis
    143 TommyGavin
    144 TonyScoots
    145 TrixTrix
    146 troxel
    147 Twilight1
    148 undrdog
    149 wesh
    150 Westbury
    151 Wolfmarsh
    152 WonderMellon
    153 ZEN
    154 zenbone
    [quoted image]

What an honest and well written post. Making sure that things will work for the best for everyone one. This a great activity for a great community.

Can't wait to send my gift.

Happy Secret Santa to everyone one!!!

#96 3 years ago

I've been...

shopping.gifshopping.gif
    #97 3 years ago

I missed last year. So spent this year buying things on great sales anticipating this event. Other than maybe some edibles, im ready to ship!

#98 3 years ago
    0707AF4F-742F-4167-BBCB-58A7E76C34B7 (resized).jpeg0707AF4F-742F-4167-BBCB-58A7E76C34B7 (resized).jpeg
    #99 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Other than maybe some edibles, im ready to ship!

That’s what I’m talking about. This will get someone’s wife to finally plunge that shooter rod.

7E2C9343-3674-4401-A1B7-959130367A68 (resized).jpeg7E2C9343-3674-4401-A1B7-959130367A68 (resized).jpeg
    #100 3 years ago

dang it I forgot to sign up before the 14th have fun everyone!

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/2?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.