Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.
    #751 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

You ask for a Miracle...
    I give you the USPS

AE5A45D9-B60B-4712-8899-49124CA92F98 (resized).jpegAE5A45D9-B60B-4712-8899-49124CA92F98 (resized).jpeg
    #752 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

since no one has received any chinchillas (yet), I took it upon myself to order a pair. they will make their debut close to xmas and become next year's gift exchange mascots.

I would 100% be excited about chinchillas. Not even kidding. I think they are great

#753 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesh:

My Santa gift game tonight and wow!!! Thank you so much Santa!! You hit all my favorite things, Pink Floyd, Pinball and Bourbon! I am super thankful, and will enjoy it all in my new Stern rocks glass! [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That Dark Side of the (Pinball) Machine shirt is off the hook!!!!! Need one of those ASAP

To the Secret Santee’s with less than 100 posts.
    GET ACTIVE DANG IT!
    Every year it seems I get a Pinside hermit who posts once every full moon!
    HAVE PITY, GIVE US SOMETHING TO WORK WITH!
    Humbly, I believe my gifts are very cool, stuff I would like, but it’s so difficult to guess if my Santa would dig it I’m kind of a weirdo who collects expensive boxes of lights and buys total crap that needs 400 hours of restoration to be operable again!

#754 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

That Dark Side of the (Pinball) Machine shirt is off the hook!!!!! Need one of those ASAP
    To the Secret Santee’s with less than 100 posts.
    GET ACTIVE DANG IT!
    Every year it seems I get a Pinside hermit who posts once every full moon!
    HAVE PITY, GIVE US SOMETHING TO WORK WITH!
    Humbly, I believe my gifts are very cool, stuff I would like, but it’s so difficult to guess if my Santa would dig it I’m kind of a weirdo who collects expensive boxes of lights and buys total crap that needs 400 hours of restoration to be operable again!

Lol right!

Or spend months scavenger hunting parts

#755 3 years ago

I’m so excited! This arrived at my door yesterday, safe and sound. It even has some wonderful custom artwork added to the box! I might wait to open it- I don’t want to wake up any aliens earlier than expected. ...but what if they are alien chinchillas?

Thank you Secret Santa!!!! And thank you to LesManley for the best thread on Pinside!

1DFB3D00-3B6A-4BCB-9D2D-3D75A89FEFAF (resized).jpeg1DFB3D00-3B6A-4BCB-9D2D-3D75A89FEFAF (resized).jpeg324D9C2E-3CBF-4966-ACFB-31699A84706D (resized).jpeg324D9C2E-3CBF-4966-ACFB-31699A84706D (resized).jpeg
    #756 3 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

. a colourful "pinball wizard" metal sign.

Wow! Love it!

#757 3 years ago

The hot Christmas item this year...other than chinchillas, of course:

Screenshot_20201213-081204~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201213-081204~2 (resized).png
    #758 3 years ago

Ok i admit it. Im weak. Im excitable. I started my twelve days early! Well couldnt bear the thought of a chinchilla starving to death.....

Day one is open! And i have to say i have a thing for metal signs! Theyre all over my basement and i didnt have this one yet!! Thank you!

2AD5702D-F39E-4DA0-94C9-BECE96D13065 (resized).jpeg2AD5702D-F39E-4DA0-94C9-BECE96D13065 (resized).jpeg
    #759 3 years ago
    Quoted from homegameroom:

I’m so excited! This arrived at my door yesterday, safe and sound. It even has some wonderful custom artwork added to the box! I might wait to open it- I don’t want to wake up any aliens earlier than expected. ...but what if they are alien chinchillas?
    Thank you Secret Santa!!!! And thank you to lesmanley for the best thread on Pinside![quoted image][quoted image]

Hahaha, love the art work

#760 3 years ago

Holy shit, If I never see the word chinchilla again in my life.......

#761 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Holy shit, If I never see the word chinchilla again in my life...

Chinchilla are like the Caribou of South America.

#762 3 years ago

Ok... so we decided to update the rule "one gift every other day"... we added to it "except for week-ends, one gift a day"

So here is box 2 (the biggest)... A cool pinball themed neon clock... Right to the game room as well. Excellent!

PXL_20201213_141646704 (resized).jpgPXL_20201213_141646704 (resized).jpg
    #763 3 years ago

Hey everybody. Short notice, but I am going to be on the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast to talk about the Pinside Secret Santa Program. The episode won't be out for a little while, but we are recording late tonight. I thought I would make a post here in case anyone had any burning Secret Santa related questions that they would like to have answered live...on a recorded podcast.

Feel free to post anything you got and we'll see how it goes. I will post a link in this thread when the podcast is live too, so anyone that wants to hear it doesn't miss out.

weirdal (resized).jpgweirdal (resized).jpg
    #764 3 years ago

Holy shit, If I never see the word chinchilla again in my life......

Careful when you sit on the throne. Toilet chinchillas could attack your private exposed parts.

I heard once something like 100 dudes in the north die from these attacks.

LTG : )

#765 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

I thought I would make a post here in case anyone had any burning Secret Santa related questions that they would like to have answered live...on a recorded podcast.

Big question of the day. When did the Secret Santa thread turn into chinchillagate ?

LTG : )

#766 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Careful when you sit on the throne. Toilet chinchillas could attack your private exposed parts.

TRUE FACT : Before the Pinside Secret Santa Thread, Giant Sewer Chinchillas were an issue only in the larger cities of Peru.

#767 3 years ago

Well, after sterlings incredible gifts of the mario castle and nerf gun arrived a few days ago , his secret Santa sent another package. A super awesome stem robot and the new Zelda switch game.. he's shocked! Thanks so much again secret Santa ..it's appreciated more then you know ..he's so excited.

IMG_20201213_155140 (resized).jpgIMG_20201213_155140 (resized).jpg
    #768 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

Well, after sterlings incredible gifts of the mario castle and nerf gun arrived a few days ago , his secret Santa sent another package. A super awesome stem robot and the new Zelda switch game.. he's shocked! Thanks so much again secret Santa ..it's appreciated more then you know ..he's so excited.
    [quoted image]

Wow!?!?! Very nice. I showed my 9 year old son this and his first question of course is, "Can I participate too?"

#769 3 years ago

Mine game in.... HUGE box.... Waiting to Christmas to open.

I bring it in the house and my 17 year old son is like what the hell..... He was getting ready to watch the Packer game (and wasn't too thrilled about the Bears tape..... way funny).....

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!

2020-12-13_15-41-32 (resized).jpg2020-12-13_15-41-32 (resized).jpg
    #770 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And....presenting....the display of gift #6
    It seems on this one, either santa is calling me names...or...he assumed that by gift 6 my pump would have been used a lot!
    Tune in tomorrow...
    [quoted image]

Awesome bundle of tools all put together in this package!

I got a new pair of wire strippers with nice handles! Strippers should always come with handles.

An always useful assortment of shrink tube.

A cool bulb removal tool! I've never had one, but certainly have needed one!!

I got a spray bottle of chinchilla cleaner and polish! Good for after too heavy a dusting!!

And I got this little blue plastic tool. I BELIEVE it is to help forming component leads of different sizes, which would be super cool little tool! If I am wrong, someone please correct me (will use it for that either way. Lol).

Thank you again very much santa!!!

KIMG8880 (resized).jpgKIMG8880 (resized).jpgKIMG8879 (resized).jpgKIMG8879 (resized).jpgKIMG8881 (resized).jpgKIMG8881 (resized).jpgKIMG8883 (resized).jpgKIMG8883 (resized).jpgKIMG8887 (resized).jpgKIMG8887 (resized).jpg
    #771 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Hey everybody. Short notice, but I am going to be on the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast to talk about the Pinside Secret Santa Program. The episode won't be out for a little while, but we are recording late tonight. I thought I would make a post here in case anyone had any burning Secret Santa related questions that they would like to have answered live...on a recorded podcast.
    Feel free to post anything you got and we'll see how it goes. I will post a link in this thread when the podcast is live too, so anyone that wants to hear it doesn't miss out.[quoted image]

Asking for a friend...should you store chinchilla dust in a shake and bake bag?

#772 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mitoska:

[quoted image]

Good job SS!! Over the top!

#773 3 years ago

Tonight being night 4 of The Festival of Lights, I went ahead and tore into a few gifts.

I am the happy recipient of a new set of LED Lamp / Magnetic Retieval Tools, some much needed ClearAudio Stylus Cleaning Fluid (there are way more carts here, than pins!) and a bomb ass Pinball T-shirt from Skill Shot in Seattle.
    [Saving the Santa Wrapped Girft for Christmas...]

Thanks, again Secret Santa!

DSCN3716 (resized).JPGDSCN3716 (resized).JPG

#774 3 years ago

Ok, the brutal Super Awesome Pinball Show interrogation is finally over. They were no nonsense and relentless. With true journalistic integrity, they wouldn't quit until they got the truth. Finally all the darkest, most vile Secret Santa secrets will be revealed to the world. Be sure to stay tuned for the podcast link to find out all the shocking details inquiring minds want to know; like the dirt on the sweatshop out of Calcutta that is producing Pinside Secret Santa swag, the Pinside Secret Santa data breach that exposed all participating members t-shirt sizes...and most shockingly...what really was in Al Capone's glove compartment!?!?!
    dtracy (resized).JPGdtracy (resized).JPG

#775 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

Ok, the brutal Super Awesome Pinball Show interrogation is finally over. They were no nonsense and relentless. With true journalistic integrity, they wouldn't quit until they got the truth. Finally all the darkest, most vile Secret Santa secrets will be revealed to the world. Be sure to stay tuned for the podcast link to find out all the shocking details inquiring minds want to know; like the dirt on the sweatshop out of Calcutta that is producing Pinside Secret Santa swag, the Pinside Secret Santa data breach that exposed all participating members t-shirt sizes...and most shockingly...what really was in Al Capone's glove compartment!?!?!
    [quoted image]

2 chinchillas getting down tonight

#776 3 years ago

news tonight at 6. chinchilla gate

was amateur pinball player john jundt using illegally obtained chinchillas and forcing them into indentured servitude to start an upstart pinball company?

tune in as we crack this case wide open finding malnourished rodents being forced to work 20hr shifts and take water baths in this heart wrenching investigation

#777 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

It was great having you on, and thanks for agreeing to spill all the dirt John! Hopefully highlighting this awesome thing that you do will bring even more people in for 2021. John's interview kicks off our holiday episode, with appearances by Gary Stern, George Gomez, Joe Kaminkow, Eric Meunier, John Borg and an interview with The Pinball Brothers, so he's in great company.

It should be out this Friday - Happy Holidays everyone!

#778 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

I bet it's a Chinchilla Colony.

Actually.....it's a herd.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png

#779 3 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Actually.....it's a herd.
    [quoted image]

I thought it was a chalupa.

#780 3 years ago

Herd of Chinchillas? Sure I’ve herd of them.

#781 3 years ago

So I'm going through the 40 or so boxes of product we received today at work, open this one up w/o noticing it had my name on it...
    THANK YOU Santa!!

I'm sure I'll be opening them up in short order. I have NO WILL power whatsoever.

20201214_112125 (resized).jpg20201214_112125 (resized).jpg20201214_112154 (resized).jpg20201214_112154 (resized).jpg
    #782 3 years ago

Wow!

Your Secret Santa was Stephen Stills?

#783 3 years ago

My SS gift has arrived safely!

Waiting until Xmas to open!!

#784 3 years ago

I couldn’t wait until Christmas.....so I opened my gifts. They were all individually wrapped! Thank you so much Secret Santa. Inside was a stern led speaker kit, stern shirt, coffee cup and leg levelers.

531095C5-FCF1-451E-9ED5-583EA6EBCACA (resized).jpeg531095C5-FCF1-451E-9ED5-583EA6EBCACA (resized).jpeg
    #785 3 years ago

unfortunately all items i ordered 2 weeks ago for my secret santa plus other things for me still have not come. All the mail tracking says (In Transit, Arriving Late) So i only have a few more days till 18th to get them shipped. I may have to just grab a giftcard send it :/ Any suggestions ?

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

unfortunately all items i ordered 2 weeks ago for my secret santa plus other things for me still have not come. All the mail tracking says (In Transit, Arriving Late) So i only have a few more days till 18th to get them shipped. I may have to just grab a giftcard send it :/ Any suggestions ?

Send the tracking info to John and ask him to tell your SS that things are late through no fault of yourself.

I would personally be disappointed at a gift card and would rather wait until after Christmas for a real gift, as long as I knew it was coming. My 2 cents anyway.

#787 3 years ago

Only good news I can offer you 2Kaulitz is that items I sent out / ordered on BF started showing up at their desination / here last Friday.

Also, anyone unwilling to accept Late Gifts can tender a request to have their gifts forwarded to me. I promise to post pictures of me opening and enjoying them.

#788 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Im sure if you let Les know this year your recipient will be understanding.

#789 3 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

I wouldn't count on anything mailed on the 18th arriving before Christmas. My USPS package was mailed in November and it still hasn't left the state. How about dropping a Christmas card in the mail ASAP saying happy holidays and that the gift will be arriving late?

#790 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Im sure if you let Les know this year your recipient will be understanding.

Quoted from Fezmid:

Send the tracking info to John and ask him to tell your SS that things are late through no fault of yourself.
    I would personally be disappointed at a gift card and would rather wait until after Christmas for a real gift, as long as I knew it was coming. My 2 cents anyway.

Yeah i sent him email letting him know last week that stuff was running late. I may just get stuff have it direct shipped but i still have few days.

#791 3 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

I wouldn't count on anything mailed on the 18th arriving before Christmas. My USPS package was mailed in November and it still hasn't left the state. How about dropping a Christmas card in the mail ASAP saying happy holidays and that the gift will be arriving late?

That's a good idea thx

#792 3 years ago

We sent out approx 75 priority mails (boxes) on Friday. We are already hearing that folks have received them. The folks who have theirs are in-state, in case it matters.

#793 3 years ago

Dude, my Santa totally gets me!
    Some awesome shirts, cleaning rags (sorry, the BEST pin cleaning rags), some misc. pinball inserts for my restorations and an amazing TAF 3D graphic!
    SCORE

Thanks Santa!!

p.s. sorry I couldn't wait to open them.
    20201214_143948 (resized).jpg20201214_143948 (resized).jpg

#794 3 years ago
    Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Dude, my Santa totally gets me!
    Some awesome shirts, cleaning rags (sorry, the BEST pin cleaning rags), some misc. pinball inserts for my restorations and an amazing TAF 3D graphic!
    SCORE
    Thanks Santa!!
    p.s. sorry I couldn't wait to open them.
    [quoted image]

Dude, my hometown's name is Star City

#795 3 years ago

Wow!
    Thanks Santa!
    I am going to wait for Christmas to open this.

20201214_171132 (resized).jpg20201214_171132 (resized).jpg
    #796 3 years ago

Thank you Secret Santa my gifts have arrived. Waiting until Christmas to open.

3643B464-B1C6-4E84-9717-7733F9B4DC1B (resized).jpeg3643B464-B1C6-4E84-9717-7733F9B4DC1B (resized).jpeg
    #797 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Wow!
    Thanks Santa!
    I am going to wait for Christmas to open this.[quoted image]

Lovin the artwork!!

#798 3 years ago

Received my gift today! Board game to play with the kids, (they are already setting up a tournament), some fresh pinballs, a handmade bowl (really cool), a limited edition disc golf putter and some beer from the brewery they work at! Not pictured: mints that i crushed during a conference call today! Thank you so much santa!

20201214_173928 (resized).jpg20201214_173928 (resized).jpg
    #799 3 years ago

The

Quoted from Muskie82:Received my gift today! Board game to play with the kids, (they are already setting up a tournament), some fresh pinballs, a handmade bowl (really cool), a limited edition disc golf putter and some beer from the brewery they work at! Not pictured: mints that i crushed during a conference call today! Thank you so much santa!
    [quoted image]

Wow! Disc golf...beer...board games...handmade bowls.......this sounds like gifts I would send!!! Congratulations!

To the SS: pm me. We have a lot in common!

#800 3 years ago

Dude, my hometown's name is Star City

I bought a bunch of arcades from a old arcade in Star City years ago.

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.