Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 32.
    #701 3 years ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Well, I continue to be amazed and thankful as a THIRD secret santa package showed up today full of Pintastic swag! I figured I already opened the first two so why not! Very generous SS, whoever you are! The gifts I received last year made me up my game this year, and now I'm inspired to raise the bar next year again!
    [quoted image]

Love that t shirt!!!!

#702 3 years ago

2XL!

There's one on the shelf in my basement. Nobody sings Charlie Daniel's Greatest Hits like 2XL.

#703 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Yeah, but do you like Star Wars? Lol

Quoted from FatPanda:

Wait...this is in your house and not at a retail store?!

Lol...

Yeah, I got back into Star Wars when the special edition stuff came out in the 90s, before all the newer movies.
    I had more disposable income for little stuff back then and went a little nuts buying a couple every week.

Decided to put some pegboard up on a wall in spare room and dig them all out of the boxes.
    Meant to trim it out nicer, but never got to it.

I thought it was fun and different to display that way.

#704 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

2XL!
    There's one on the shelf in my basement. Nobody sings Charlie Daniel's Greatest Hits like 2XL.

Now thats funny!

#705 3 years ago

Oh boy oh boy oh boy it's here!

Family went out for a bit so when they get back I'll let them decide if I should open it or wait. I suspect my wife will want me to wait, since she says I've been hard to shop for and doesn't have too much for me to open on Christmas. I don't hear or smell any chinchillas so that might be ok.
    20201211_153827 (resized).jpg20201211_153827 (resized).jpg

#706 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Nipple Clamps are the gift that keeps giving. Your Santa (also) rules.

And now we know who the Pinside kinksters are.

#707 3 years ago

So after checking this thread for the third time today I decided to do research on chinchillas. Pet Smart sells them for about $150 plus all of the things that you would need to take care of it. If someone actually did receive a chinchilla that would be a very extravagant gift.

#708 3 years ago
    Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Oh boy oh boy oh boy it's here!
    Family went out for a bit so when they get back I'll let them decide if I should open it or wait. I suspect my wife will want me to wait, since she says I've been hard to shop for and doesn't have too much for me to open on Christmas. I don't hear or smell any chinchillas so that might be ok.
    [quoted image]

That's the thing, a chinchilla would keep quiet in a corner of that box, just waiting for its moment..plus, they keep really clean from the dust baths, so you won't smell a thing until it's too late..I would open right away, but stay clear of it and protect your family! It will be piss mad from that USPS trip!

#709 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

And now we know who the Pinside kinksters are.

#710 3 years ago

Waiting at the door when I got home this afternoon.

I unboxed, as per instructed and inside I found ... well, a cornucopia of presents.

Surely someone went the extra mile and it is greatly appreciated by this Pinsider.

Thanks, Santa!

**I might have to open one for Hanukkah - Night 2 : Secret Santa Boogaloo
    DSCN3708 (resized).JPGDSCN3708 (resized).JPG

#711 3 years ago

I think this just might qualify the USPS to be put on the Naughty list. I am not happy with the USPS right now! Scheduled for delivery on Dec 5!!!!! Now it is status RED? Grrrrrr

shipping copy (resized).jpgshipping copy (resized).jpg
    #712 3 years ago

Been there, I dont use usps anymore

#713 3 years ago

I had a few packages delayed until today, should be a handful of ppl getting theirs today!

These gifts are so awesome! It’s exciting to see everyone opening them.

#714 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

That's the thing, a chinchilla would keep quiet in a corner of that box, just waiting for its moment..plus, they keep really clean from the dust baths, so you won't smell a thing until it's too late..I would open right away, but stay clear of it and protect your family! It will be piss mad from that USPS trip!

Valid points -- and the family concurred with opening tonight -- so here we have it!

An awesome Jurassic Park t-shirt, some fresh hardware for my DE JP (a fresh set of balls, nice black flippers with my choice of transparent red or black rubbers), a cup holder, and a cool LED message fan!

Thanks so much, Santa, these will get put to good use!

20201211_183740 (resized).jpg20201211_183740 (resized).jpg
    #715 3 years ago

It's here!!!!!!!!!!

And it's a BIG box! This is crazy. Secret Santas are definitely going big this year!

Now it's time to decide... Open the box ? Leave like this for now ? Is it one big thing ? Plenty of small things ? Are the small things wrapped ?

And as you can see on the pic, I'm not the only one wondering what's inside!

Definitely too heavy for toilet paper rolls... maybe a big chunk of coal ? To be continued. I love this thread.
    PXL_20201211_235431741 (resized).jpgPXL_20201211_235431741 (resized).jpg

#716 3 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

And as you can see on the pic, I'm not the only one wondering what's inside!

I bet it's a Chinchilla Colony.

#717 3 years ago

I got my package today and screw the waiting till Christmas

Novas, microfiber cloths, p21s, a multimeter and last but not least, a GnR Not in This Lifetime shirt from the Louisville, KY concert! I know what I will be wearing when my GNR LE arrives

20201211_195058 (resized).jpg20201211_195058 (resized).jpg
    #718 3 years ago

Oh my gawd! Now I’ll openly admit to checking the mail every night when I get home for my Piside Secret Santa gift. Like a lot of us here other people find me hard to shop for because of the things that I like so my Pinside gift each year is really my only/best surprise. I cannot stress this enough to my Santa 10/10, amazing, your packaging was unreal and the presents were so spot on my wife thinks I know you personally. Everything from official pinball lip balm, to the comics, the gift cards and the translite were so perfect you made my holiday. God bless you and have a merry Christmas!

5B015302-F171-45B5-A9DE-94D90DD9ACB2 (resized).jpeg5B015302-F171-45B5-A9DE-94D90DD9ACB2 (resized).jpeg5E694A96-2198-4CC7-BE7D-F3A1BFD9F053 (resized).jpeg5E694A96-2198-4CC7-BE7D-F3A1BFD9F053 (resized).jpegD66A9865-861D-4581-AAA1-0C0078643445 (resized).jpegD66A9865-861D-4581-AAA1-0C0078643445 (resized).jpegEE4D70E2-D5FF-4AC9-9029-3B1001A17BC5 (resized).jpegEE4D70E2-D5FF-4AC9-9029-3B1001A17BC5 (resized).jpegF21F10BE-19CF-40DE-BEBA-77F45955C7C3 (resized).jpegF21F10BE-19CF-40DE-BEBA-77F45955C7C3 (resized).jpegF5409AA8-BDD7-4436-A20C-A06BEC30AAD6 (resized).jpegF5409AA8-BDD7-4436-A20C-A06BEC30AAD6 (resized).jpeg
    #719 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Been there, I dont use usps anymore

I don’t either. It’s a shipment to me for my SS.

#720 3 years ago

I got some Medisinyl mods for ehoh. They were lost in Florida for a week, then once they got to Wa, took another week. Post office is horribly run. Wish they would privatize. But they won't

#721 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Oh my gawd! Now I’ll openly admit to checking the mail every night when I get home for my Piside Secret Santa gift. Like a lot of us here other people find me hard to shop for because of the things that I like so my Pinside gift each year is really my only/best surprise. I cannot stress this enough to my Santa 10/10, amazing, your packaging was unreal and the presents were so spot on my wife thinks I know you personally. Everything from official pinball lip balm, to the comics, the gift cards and the translite were so perfect you made my holiday. God bless you and have a merry Christmas!
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Never seen that translite lighted up before, nice!!

#722 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I got some Medisinyl mods for ehoh. They were lost in Florida for a week, then once they got to Wa, took another week. Post office is horribly run. Wish they would privatize. But they won't

USPS sucks!!!! I will not be using them for a long time! Have had several issues over the past few months.

#723 3 years ago

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m set for the holidays, Just in time for the COVID lockdown in PA! Cheers to my Secret Santa! I’m going to try and wait until Christmas, but Who knows?
    Thank you Secret Santa!

0846C20B-6B1D-4B61-A2CC-8E5E5BF6B4CE (resized).jpeg0846C20B-6B1D-4B61-A2CC-8E5E5BF6B4CE (resized).jpeg
    #724 3 years ago

Fantastic album to flip to. MOV Pressing, too. Sweet

And a PinZine (love the backcover ad)

Thanks Santa!

DSCN3711 (resized).JPGDSCN3711 (resized).JPGDSCN3712 (resized).JPGDSCN3712 (resized).JPGDSCN3713 (resized).JPGDSCN3713 (resized).JPG

#725 3 years ago

Still waiting on one package, but getting pretty late. I may have to send my recipient the other one if it ever arrives

#726 3 years ago

Ah, the quiet of the morning when this thread isn’t ‘on fire’ and us mere mortals who aren’t Pinside verified can post. My gifts have started the long journey and I have to admit I must not ship things as often as I thought, because those rates are WAY higher than I remember. Not that it would have changed my plans, but it was surprising! A $500 charge to ship a pin cross-country suddenly seemed more reasonable.

Before joining this year I had read through the previous years posts which certainly made this sound fun. But experiencing it real time, reading everyone’s excitement as the gifts arrive, and having the anticipation of when the gifts I sent will be opened makes this even better. I also realize that I was reading the previous years posts without paying attention to the dates things were posted, and now I see that many people will pretend they have will power but know they won’t make it 5 minutes before opening their gift.....guessing I may join that elite club when my time comes.

#727 3 years ago
    Quoted from Liftserv:

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m set for the holidays, Just in time for the COVID lockdown in PA! Cheers to my Secret Santa! I’m going to try and wait until Christmas, but Who knows?
    Thank you Secret Santa! [quoted image]

You think the chinchillas started drinking the vodka to make the journey easier?

#728 3 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

You think the chinchillas started drinking the vodka to make the journey easier?

Probably did cause they are extra quiet, I also don’t think they’re interested in taking their dust bath! Might not be a pretty sight when they see the light on Christmas, vodka hangover bright lights, noise from the grandchildren, and the pups!

#729 3 years ago

Box is now open and gifts deployed under the tree... Secret Santa took the time to wrap individually each gift... And with different paper! Thank you so much! Am I going to resist until Christmas day? I don't think so... Not sure my daughter can wait anyway

PXL_20201212_152435822 (resized).jpgPXL_20201212_152435822 (resized).jpg

#730 3 years ago
    Quoted from TakingupSpace:

Ah, the quiet of the morning when this thread isn’t ‘on fire’ and us mere mortals who aren’t Pinside verified can post. My gifts have started the long journey and I have to admit I must not ship things as often as I thought, because those rates are WAY higher than I remember. Not that it would have changed my plans, but it was surprising! A $500 charge to ship a pin cross-country suddenly seemed more reasonable.
    Before joining this year I had read through the previous years posts which certainly made this sound fun. But experiencing it real time, reading everyone’s excitement as the gifts arrive, and having the anticipation of when the gifts I sent will be opened makes this even better. I also realize that I was reading the previous years posts without paying attention to the dates things were posted, and now I see that many people will pretend they have will power but know they won’t make it 5 minutes before opening their gift.....guessing I may join that elite club when my time comes.

Yeah, I forgot the number fedex told me when I was there, but I think it was 5% increase in ship cost every year, however they also add a surcharge during the holidays.

Yeah, this thread, the people, the spirit and gifts really make this year not suck. So great to read and look at pictures of people opening presents and how unique gifts are. Gives you ideas on the things you need to order for yourself

#731 3 years ago
    Quoted from TakingupSpace:

won’t make it 5 minutes before opening their gift

Me.

#732 3 years ago

Packaged shipped out yesterday USPS, will be interesting to see how long it takes to get to it's destination!

#733 3 years ago
    Quoted from matiou:

Box is now open and gifts deployed under the tree... Secret Santa took the time to wrap individually each gift... And with different paper! Thank you so much! Am I going to resist until Christmas day? I don't think so... Not sure my daughter can wait anyway
    [quoted image]

She must be just vibrating wanting to open some!!

#734 3 years ago

First off, thank you to my Santa for the delicious sounding ciders. I have been holding off posting until I “opened” them (waiting til Christmas lol but it’s getting harder to wait every time I open the fridge), but now another box has arrived. This one I’m keeping a mystery (the other was marked perishable on the box). Photos to come at Christmas!

#735 3 years ago

SS Box is on its way VIA FEDEX. Been fun watching all the pictures of arriving boxes and fantastic gifts.

#736 3 years ago

so Les told me a few packages are on their way, the first one arrived and its truly epic! thank you for the research. I have a fantastic place for it in the game room right next TOM.

IMG_1397 (resized).JPGIMG_1397 (resized).JPG

IMG_1395 (resized).JPGIMG_1395 (resized).JPG

#737 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so Les told me a few packages are on their way, the first one arrived and its truly epic! thank you for the research. I have a fantastic place for it in the game room right next TOM.

SANDA really went all out so far!

#738 3 years ago

Gifts are sent, hopefully the post office won't take forever.

#739 3 years ago

Sent out my gifts via UPS today - now to obsessively check the tracking number every 5 minutes. So exciting!

#740 3 years ago

Just checked the package i sent out on monday.... hasnt left the state yet
    $23 for priority and they cant get it out the state in 5 full days....

#741 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

USPS woes

#742 3 years ago

I got an incredibly thoughtful and well-researched Secret Santa gift today, which makes me feel a little bad with my current trend of lurking! Not a lot of posts for them to go on, but they nailed it! Thank you Secret Santa!

I'll be adding a picture later to the cats of pinball thread of Franklin enjoying his treats, and I'm definitely installing those decals ASAP too!

The letter was 2 pages and really thoughtful as well. I love Pinside!

IMG_0305.jpegIMG_0305.jpeg
    #743 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

You ask for a Miracle...

I give you the USPS

#744 3 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

We sent a bunch of packages from MN to your area (family), via UPS ground, and they were all delivered 24 hours later. Post office is floundering.

#745 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fezmid:

We sent a bunch of packages from MN to your area (family), via UPS ground, and they were all delivered 24 hours later. Post office is floundering.

Sent my SS gifts via FedEX. I will NOT be using the USPS until they figure out how to deliver packages once again, A rather Novel Idea. LOL

#746 3 years ago

since no one has received any chinchillas (yet), I took it upon myself to order a pair. they will make their debut close to xmas and become next year's gift exchange mascots.

#747 3 years ago

And....presenting....the display of gift #6

It seems on this one, either santa is calling me names...or...he assumed that by gift 6 my pump would have been used a lot!

Tune in tomorrow...

KIMG8850 (resized).jpgKIMG8850 (resized).jpg
    #748 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

since no one has received any chinchillas (yet), I took it upon myself to order a pair. they will make their debut close to xmas and become next year's gift exchange mascots.

Well, not everybody's received their gift, so it may yet happen. Also we cannot be sure that some did not escape while in transit. The mail was slow in some cases, and centuries of breading has made chinchillas the perfect survivor and predator, so they would have escape given the chance..

No my friend, so far we've just been lucky that a brother or sister Pinsider has not been attacked, or worse..

#749 3 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

She must be just vibrating wanting to open some!!

Ok... so I decided (under pressure) to start opening gifts before Christmas... but only one every other day, to make things last!
    First box was................ a colourful "pinball wizard" metal sign. Nice! This one directly goes into the game room! Thanks!
    PXL_20201212_152715757 (resized).jpgPXL_20201212_152715757 (resized).jpg

#750 3 years ago

Very cool sign

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/15?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.