Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,554 posts
  • 168 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

90261AA8-3CD9-4681-9304-8E74526B6050 (resized).jpeg
    keep-calm-santa-is-coming-soon-1 (resized).png
    B4D2E4AA-1FC3-4852-B0FF-492437BC2984 (resized).jpeg
    20210715_191433.jpg
    20210715_191352.jpg
    PXL_20210311_192154444 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192200475 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210311_192209443 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210228_025123212 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214817372 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214927516 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214846593 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_214955228 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215101303 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215122872 (resized).jpg
    PXL_20210206_215017416 (resized).jpg
    There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.
    #451 3 years ago

Looks like my person has to wait a little longer... Looks like the post office screwed up.

"Package routed to wrong post office. Package will be transferred to correct post office for delivery."

I'm still hoping to get it, wrap and, and ship it off by this weekend, fingers crossed.

#452 3 years ago

Hmmm... most glass guys I've worked with over the years did more of this....mostly....

Random pic I took of one of my Tubs-O-Tubes...

Effect_20201202_170642 (resized).jpgEffect_20201202_170642 (resized).jpg
    #453 3 years ago

Well...surprise.

This is Marshmallow. Marshmallow adores his christmas outfit and is thankful for the bountiful amount of corn nuts provided to him in his shipping box.

Effect_20201203_163613 (resized).jpgEffect_20201203_163613 (resized).jpg
    #454 3 years ago

Wow that blown glass gift is freaking awesome! I want one too now, on to the glassblowing pinball thread now.

Waiting on one more gift to arrive so I can box it all up and send the package on to my recipient. One of his or her presents showed up today and I really think they are going to love it! Can’t wait to see their reaction.

#455 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And....presenting....the display of gift #1
    I'm not sure if they all come with hints or notes etc yet, but I will share each.
    Based on the note, I'm concerned it could be a large box of 2020s droppings from a chinchilla farm
    The wrapping is SO perfect on them all!
    Now it's killing me to wait until tomorrow to open....but I will wait!
    Tune in tomorrow...
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Okay okay....LMAO!

I opened my gift!

After the chinchilla I just posted....nobody will believe me on this one now. And NO, I seriously did NOT open the gift until just NOW.

I was completely joking saying 3 rolls of toilet paper was probably more like 4 in that size box....I'm really NOT making this up...

4 Rolls of T.P

Thank you santa!

The hint on the note was obviously directed a bit more towards the other gift inside, though.

I was stalked and I received a new toy that I had loads of fun playing with as a kid; a cap bomb!!
    I didn't even think they made these any more!

The instructions must be wrong though. The package says to hold out and drop, but do not throw hard at concrete. This was probably just a poor translation on the packaging. It was supposed to say jam as much as will fit under head of bomb, whip up in air high as you can, and look up at it coming down hard!

Definitely going to be going out and playing with that tomorrow

But ALSO, there was a much more vintage cap bomb included as well!!! It is significantly heavier with thicker metal and says Chemtoy Corporation Cicero, IL on it! Super cool and definitely reminds me of the older ones I used to play with! This one will be finding a home on a toy shelf!

Thank you VERY much santa!

KIMG8727 (resized).jpgKIMG8727 (resized).jpgKIMG8729 (resized).jpgKIMG8729 (resized).jpgEffect_20201203_180407 (resized).jpgEffect_20201203_180407 (resized).jpgKIMG8734 (resized).jpgKIMG8734 (resized).jpg

#456 3 years ago

I gotta say I love this thread every year, and I love this event.. Thank you all for making it happen
    If you see me at a show, just walk up to me and say I was in the pinside secret Santa club, I will buy you a beer!

JJ

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gexchange:

I gotta say I love this thread every year, and I love this event.. Thank you all for making it happen
    If you see me at a show, just walk up to me and say I was in the pinside secret Santa club, I will buy you a beer!
    JJ

Your always awesome. Hosted a great room party at Magfest last year if I recall correctly.

#458 3 years ago

You know you are getting old when... you remember cap bombs! Fun gift!

#459 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

Well...surprise.
    This is Marshmallow. Marshmallow adores his christmas outfit and is thankful for the bountiful amount of corn nuts provided to him in his shipping box.
    [quoted image]

For the record....This really is my friends chinchilla named Marshmallow.

#460 3 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Your always awesome. Hosted a great room party at Magfest last year if I recall correctly.

Indeed I hope to be able to do it again! Though that seams like it’s one of the shows in trouble

#461 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

well we knew this was inevitable, I caved. Honestly, I've spent the last half-hour gazing into this. I received an exquisitely handcrafted, 2 in blown glass marble from my SS. As impressive as this seems in the photos, they just don't do it justice. The combination of materials and techniques in this piece are truly out-of-this-world. That pun was intended. I've been a glass blower for 25 years and can truly appreciate the craftsmanship that went into this piece. This one will end up in my studio as I can see it being a source of inspiration for my work for many years to come. Thank you SS, you really knocked it out of the park!

WOW! What an amazing and thoughtful gift! That is so cool!!

To my recipient, I apologize, some of my items have been held up in the mail but I expect them to finally arrive today. Then I can package and ship out. Your gift is coming!!

#462 3 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

WOW! What an amazing and thoughtful gift! That is so cool!!

I couldn't agree more, and the more I explore it,the cooler it gets. As it turns out the artist useed UV reactive glass for the planet. This gift just keeps on giving. And thanks again to my SS for this, really above and beyond. Honestly, it makes me really want to step up my game for next year. Hey Less ,have you given any thought to Christmas in July?

20201203_152448 (resized).jpg20201203_152448 (resized).jpg20201203_152523 (resized).jpg20201203_152523 (resized).jpg
    #463 3 years ago

I'm just waiting for one more package to arrive to be able to send mine out.

#464 3 years ago

I’m just finishing the glue job on mine.......

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #465 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

As it turns out the artist useed UV reactive glass for the planet.

Wow!

#466 3 years ago

Simply put, but well said. Honestly it deserves Two exclamation points, one for the SS and one for the artist. You can find more of his Wares here https://ericmort.com/

#467 3 years ago

And....presenting....the display of gift #2

Based on this hint about picking friends, I was guessing the little box contained a folding pair of Groucho Marx disguise glasses. Maybe so I could pick its giant nose?

But, after seeing the little northvibe spork man above....I'm guessing it may be a couple of that one's unassembled spork friends or relatives...

Tune in tomorrow...

KIMG8736 (resized).jpgKIMG8736 (resized).jpg
    #468 3 years ago

Isotoner Gloves

#469 3 years ago

Just sent my gift! (Well technically PinballLife is sending it.)

#470 3 years ago

mad at myself for missing this!

(setting alert for next year now! )

#471 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I couldn't agree more, and the more I explore it,the cooler it gets. As it turns out the artist useed UV reactive glass for the planet. This gift just keeps on giving. And thanks again to my SS for this, really above and beyond. Honestly, it makes me really want to step up my game for next year. Hey Less ,have you given any thought to Christmas in July?

UV reactive? That's fantastic..! I'll certainly look up the artist, tks for providing the link. Now, I'm thinking some Tron theme glass here..!

#472 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ceckitti:

mad at myself for missing this!

You can still join in the fun and see what people post as they get their gifts and the creativity of the senders.

LTG : )

#473 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You can still join in the fun and see what people post as they get their gifts and the creativity of the senders.
    LTG : )

Absolutely!

#474 3 years ago

Last gifts ordered a week ago and they haven't even made it halfway here yet....hoping I receive them sometime next week so there's a decent chance it'll be on time. I think it'll be worth it though (for the recipient) as I tried hard with just a teeny bit of info....and took the "what would I like to get" approach.

#475 3 years ago

I think almost everybody was mega excited this year and got early starts!

Still plenty of time

#476 3 years ago

Secret Santa package sent! Seeing the pics of what everyone received is great! Such a great thing to do for such a challenging year!

#477 3 years ago

Been trapping pack rats on the property over the last week or so.
    Close enough to a chinchilla to make a Secret Santa gift?

821D9882-F7A7-4A22-A0C1-8CC0F0B0C736 (resized).jpeg821D9882-F7A7-4A22-A0C1-8CC0F0B0C736 (resized).jpeg
    #478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Close enough to a chinchilla to make a Secret Santa gift?[quoted image]

I think there may be some sort of like metric conversion you have to do or something...

#479 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coindork:

Close enough to a chinchilla to make a Secret Santa gift?[quoted image]

Glad I got a chinchilla though....I'm already a pack rat

#480 3 years ago

Secret Santa Package received!! Our 'low maintenance' pet rabbit really wants to open this!! Not sure how long I can resist..!

20201204_222804 (resized).jpg20201204_222804 (resized).jpg
    #481 3 years ago

I'm so excited to see my person open their gift. I hope they like it. C'mon do it now!! jk

#482 3 years ago

I don't have a single thing in transit right now that is going to arrive here on time...only Titan got through before the logjam, apparently.

USPS must have got pummeled for Black Friday / Cyber Monday.

#483 3 years ago
    Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Secret Santa Package received!! Our 'low maintenance' pet rabbit really wants to open this!! Not sure how long I can resist..!
    [quoted image]

I've seen that look in rabbits before. They get that look whenever they detect the presence of chinchillas. Might want to open it up just to be sure.

#484 3 years ago

Well my Secret Santa has raised the bar! A mysterious (and promisingly heavy) box arrived earlier this week but I was saving it for the weekend. Opened the package this morning and found ...

56EA291D-8C8F-4B9A-B5D3-2A2E88A4DE40 (resized).jpeg56EA291D-8C8F-4B9A-B5D3-2A2E88A4DE40 (resized).jpeg

F4E1ABDE-2EDC-4300-8D45-D8DDAB527411 (resized).jpegF4E1ABDE-2EDC-4300-8D45-D8DDAB527411 (resized).jpeg

The production values are incredible, besides the festive note and numbering we’ve got 16 different varieties of wrapping paper! My kids are in awe (“Are all of those for you dad?” “This has to be like the best Secret Santa ever!”). And now I get to open them! Still trying to decide if I should go to town or one-a-day it ...

So thank you Secret Santa, you’ve made my day and I haven’t even unwrapped anything yet!

#485 3 years ago

Start 16 days before pinsmas and run one a day would be awesome

#486 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Well my Secret Santa has raised the bar! A mysterious (and promisingly heavy) box arrived earlier this week but I was saving it for the weekend. Opened the package this morning and found ...
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    The production values are incredible, besides the festive note and numbering we’ve got 16 different varieties of wrapping paper! My kids are in awe (“Are all of those for you dad?” “This has to be like the best Secret Santa ever!”). And now I get to open them! Still trying to decide if I should go to town or one-a-day it ...
    So thank you Secret Santa, you’ve made my day and I haven’t even unwrapped anything yet!

Your santa did an excellent job!

I'm having SUCH a hard time spacing them out

But I'm going to stick with one at a time...

I don't think anybody would blame you if you can't resist, though either, and just go nuts

All of us just enjoy seeing pics and reading details of what everyone got!

It's SO cool to be part of a group of people who all come together and enjoy hobbies and interests!

#487 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Well my Secret Santa has raised the bar!

Indeed. Awesome Gift Fu.

That Pinsider must be a Black Belt.

#488 3 years ago

..oh well, rabbit wanted to take a peak, hoping to get a new chinchilla friend, I'm guessing!! Nice looking present bag in there with a 'Noël' tag! we're both staring at it now - I can only say it's not moving!

20201204_222946 (resized).jpg20201204_222946 (resized).jpg20201204_223200 (resized).jpg20201204_223200 (resized).jpg
    #489 3 years ago

A crate showed up today at our house. It says FRA-GEE-LAY...it must be Italian!

Leg lamp or not, I'm waiting until Christmas morning to open anything I get. Can't let my kids have all the fun that morning.

PXL_20201205_170900517 (resized).jpgPXL_20201205_170900517 (resized).jpg

#490 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

A crate showed up today at our house. It says FRA-GEE-LAY...it must be Italian!
    Leg lamp or not, I'm waiting until Christmas morning to open anything I get. Can't let my kids have all the fun that morning.
    [quoted image]

Make sure to charge the drill on Christmas Eve.

#491 3 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

Make sure to charge the drill on Christmas Eve.

...or the Reciprocating Saw.

#492 3 years ago
    Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I must say the more I see this blown glass piece the more impressive it becomes. So very cool! Awesome SS gift, great job Santa!

#493 3 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

...or the Reciprocating Saw.

I suggest a clean cut right down the middle to stay clear of those screws!

#494 3 years ago
    Quoted from pacmanretro:

And....presenting....the display of gift #2
    Based on this hint about picking friends, I was guessing the little box contained a folding pair of Groucho Marx disguise glasses. Maybe so I could pick its giant nose?
    But, after seeing the little northvibe spork man above....I'm guessing it may be a couple of that one's unassembled spork friends or relatives...
    Tune in tomorrow...
    [quoted image]

I received a nice little set of (sharp!) Pick tools.

Thank you santa! These will definitely come in handy while working on assemblies; especially some of the EM stuff I've been doing!

I had been using a little dental pick sometimes, but it gets painful to hold very long. I like how these have actual screwdriver type handles.

Needless to say, I don't feel they would be too safe to pick a nose with...I guess :/

Thank you

KIMG8746 (resized).jpgKIMG8746 (resized).jpg
    #495 3 years ago

Am I the only one that looks at everyone's gifts and feels like an inferior secret Santa? I'm very impressed with the Pinside creativeness this year and I'm sorry in advance to my gift recipient lol.

#496 3 years ago

I totally spaced on posting when i recieved my gift on Nov 24th! I can't wait till xmas to open this sucker, its got some good weight to it, as well as a few hints around the box! Cheers! Mine is going out Monday morning!

IMG_0025 (resized).jpegIMG_0025 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpegIMG_0026 (resized).jpeg
    #497 3 years ago
    Quoted from Westbury:

I totally spaced on posting when i recieved my gift on Nov 24th! I can't wait till xmas to open this sucker, its got some good weight to it, as well as a few hints around the box! Cheers! Mine is going out Monday morning!

You'll need to wash your hands before or after??

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Am I the only one that looks at everyone's gifts and feels like an inferior secret Santa?

No your not
    Thats why i was getting ready to shipped monday but i had to troll ebay one more time and found something I had to buy.
    Now my recipient will have to wait a bit longer.

#499 3 years ago

Delays due to covid are beong measure. I purchase a really cool gift for my ss. It was shipped Nov 22 and the trucking status remains the same since day one. The original idea was me to receive the gift and add some more gifts and a letter. Then I would had posted it to my ss. But if I keep on waiting there is no chance my ss to receive it until Christmas.

I had to purchase a different gift today online that it will be posted directly to the recipient. The second gift it's also really cool but now I don't know what I am going to do with the first one when it finally arrives.

#500 3 years ago
    Quoted from Axaios:

Delays due to covid are beong measure. I purchase a really cool gift for my ss. It was shipped Nov 22 and the trucking status remains the same since day one. The original idea was me to receive the gift and add some more gifts and a letter. Then I would had posted it to my ss. But if I keep on waiting there is no chance my ss to receive it until Christmas.
    I had to purchase a different gift today online that it will be posted directly to the recipient. The second gift it's also really cool but now I don't know what I am going to do with the first one when it finally arrives.

I feel your pain. I ordered my gifts weeks ago and still have not received all of them. I hope to have better (faster) luck sending them to my recipient.

There are 1,554 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread/page/10?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.