4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago

So my friends convinced me to do fantasy hockey again. I did not studying and just picked based on rank and points from last year on the ESPN fantasy version we play. So far so good. It’s way early but some teams big surprises. As a Pens fan little worried about this year.

1 week later
#87 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

David Pastrnak 4 - Anaheim Ducks 2

He killed me as the person I am playing in fantasy this week got 32.9 points that night just for his 4 goals

1 week later
#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I dont wanna jinx them, but the Flyers have been worth watching since they stopped traveling all over God's green Earth.
The Flyers team last year would have lost that game 6-2 not won it 7-4.

I have a best friend loves flyers and only sport he watches, I get to hear all of this and we are in a fantasy hockey league too which he finally won last year but in last this year. It’s fun between us especially since I am a Pens fan.

#107 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

The Habs / Leafs game last night...looked like both team were on cruise control. YAWWNNNNNNNNNN

Neither one will win the cup the year

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You jinxed them

My best friend said the same thing and now will not talk to me after our Pens blowout the night before, pumpkins smashed was fun.

1 week later
#117 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Who the hell gives up a 3-0 rush in overtime?? The Vancouver Canucks...that's who! Can't blame Markstrom for lumberjackin' his stick.
"Never seen that!" LOL even the announcer is flabbergasted!

A Canadian team of course

1 week later
#142 4 years ago

Pens stun the leafless

#170 4 years ago

The Leafs blew the shutout tonight with 15secs left and cost me 10 extra fantasy points as would have been a shutout as has the goalie. Bummer and I watched it happen the last 5 mins after the Pens lost in OT.

#181 4 years ago

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Me too..go Canucks!

Ha yeah right those nunchucks no chance

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Nunchucks?! 1st time I heard that 1..

I actually call them canuckas to my neighbor next store who is a Leafs fan

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

Yes indeed did not see that coming at all either way

#195 4 years ago

My favorite to win the cup since start of the season and yes coming from a Pens Fan but a fan of hockey who watches all playoffs even if team is out.

#205 4 years ago

My Pens shutout the Champs tonight Blues

#207 4 years ago

I know your just making That game winning horn sound for me.

#221 4 years ago

Just saw this today.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

That sounds like Letang. . . no matter what he does on Offense he'll give it back on D. He's just horrible when it comes to defending. -3 last night

I have Anderson and Letang on my fantasy team so watch a lot, and being a pens fan too.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

First of all, my condolences
LeTang makes way too much money for what the pens get in return. He’s an average Defenseman at this point. He’s always been better offensively but, it seems, ever since the surgery he’s just lacking.

Yes I know, the playoff series against the Caps the year Ovi one major breakdowns on defense and out number attacks, knew it would end that way as it did in overtime when they beat us.

4 weeks later
#284 4 years ago

Off to see my Pens vs Yotes tonight. We saw the Flyers last week vs yotes. Maybe Crosby returns.

#319 4 years ago

Curious to see who we lose on all of our teams to the Seattle team expansion draft this year as well

3 weeks later
#410 4 years ago

Made the promo for the Coyotes game, saw it in TV yesterday. They told me when they took my pic at game last year it could be used for promotion in upcoming games etc, just had to sign my name and give them the ok.

64F088FB-9498-4356-9968-62DCC641F8BC (resized).jpeg64F088FB-9498-4356-9968-62DCC641F8BC (resized).jpeg
#423 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

No way Leafs win the cup this year ..what happens when the Couv go further in the playoffs than the disaster Dubas/Bernie combo?

No Canadian team wins it not again this year.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

At this time there are 3 Canadian teams in the playoffs and the Canucks being in the best position is 6 points from being knocked out.

Yes I know but I still take the beat not one of them wins, and being a Pens fan my favorite to win the cup at start of the year Or season was Boston. I will make my predictions like we all do for each round of playoffs to the end. Should be fun as season coming to an end.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Will be interesting to see if the Pens do anything else. Well Zucker was a good pickup he, basically, replace Jake. Be nice to see them get a strong D

Yes and we have him signed through 2022-23 season I believe so not a rental, hate giving up 1st round pics and another young Dman, as all teams want to win now while still have Gene and Sid.

#435 4 years ago

Watched Pens play horrible this morning, last week before my playoffs for Fantasy hockey and I should make It as top 6 only advance out of 12 teams.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Ovi finally hit 700. Hopefully the Caps can start focusing and maybe win a game this month. Tomorrow would be a good time to start.

As a Pens fan I hope not but since I have Holtby as one of my fantasy goalies and need to win you might have me on your side or not, ahaha.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Toronto Marlies zamboni driver In for injured canes goalie as emergency replacement.[quoted image]

Amazing saw the highlights second time this has happened in two years as last year happened at Chicago game 3rd goalie came in.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I think marleau was a good grab by the pens. He won’t be amazing with his point production, but that’s not really why they picked him up. He’ll provide average point production but bring great veteran leadership to the locker room and playoffs. That’s why they mostly picked him up

Just or maybe and hopefully like when we picked up Bill Guerin in 2009 cup win. https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/guerin-delivered-leadership-humor-and-cups-during-pens-tenure/c-308592816
And https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pens-acquire-guerin/c-496756

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

We run with SOG and blocks too. It's a pretty deep league and we run 3 IR+ spots. Lots of action/trades/free agency pickups throughout the year.
I couldn't imagine running with only 1 IR+ spot. There's just too many injuries.

My friends finally convinced me to play fantasy hockey once again this year after I have stopped playing for many Or several years. I always had the hockey package and watched multiple other teams games including my team the Pens and home team Coyotes. Anyway our league has 12 teams and $150 buy where top two teams get pay out. We just started playoffs and I finished six overall as last spot to make playoffs so was thrilled for first season back. I am already down this week but playoff match up is 2 wks so might have a chance but now Stamkos could be out and I decided not to start Anderson as thought he had a tougher schedule this week but won the other night and Smith lost to Ducks go figure. My team on the left in pics. Any thoughts?

6126E74F-166C-40C1-ACDF-93B1B1D88622 (resized).jpeg6126E74F-166C-40C1-ACDF-93B1B1D88622 (resized).jpeg7CFE9DDC-506B-491B-9AD4-E73D90E707D5 (resized).jpeg7CFE9DDC-506B-491B-9AD4-E73D90E707D5 (resized).jpegB437FC7A-0C1C-4670-92FD-CA9964D50979 (resized).jpegB437FC7A-0C1C-4670-92FD-CA9964D50979 (resized).jpeg
#494 4 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I agree, the Rangers did well this deadline. Losing shesterkin hurts, but at least it happened before trade deadline day. If it had happened just after, they likely would’ve gone forward with a georgiev or lundqvist trade, and then be in a predicament now. Hopefully he can heal up though and come back strong.

See my post above as for you thoughts as well too.

#495 4 years ago

On a side note watching the Pens losing horrible to the Kings was unexpected tonight. 4th loss in a row and no scoring trouble for us.

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

It's kind of hard for me to give you specific help because I don't know how the stats for your fantasy league work. When you draft are those your players for the year? Or can you add/drop players? Can you trade?
I'll just give you my overall modus operandi for fantasy hockey.
Just to give you an idea, the stats for my fantasy league are G/A/PPP/SOG/Blocks/Hits for skaters. Wins/GAA/SAV% for the goalies. We have 3 IR+ positions and 4 adds per week. The trade deadline for our league was yesterday and the pool playoffs start in 2 weeks.
My first rule is I want players who shoot the puck & that are on the #1 powerplay for their team.
My second rule is I want players that'll be on a team that will be in the playoffs/fighting for a playoff spot come end of the year.
My third rule is don't overload your roster with players from one team. (2 max)
My fourth rule is I don't draft injury prone players.
With that said, I wouldn't have Letang, Nurse, Bergeron, Armia, Ellis or Nelson on my team. I would try to trade them if I had them. But like I said I don't know the details of your fantasy pool so it's hard to give good advice.
This is my team this year. Currently in 2nd place....but 1 point behind first with 2 weeks left.
[quoted image]

Ok thanks just was bored with the end of games on tv so thought about fantasy. Shots and goals get the most points. You can drop players any week and pick up any free not on teams. We have 12 teams in our league but only get 2 of each in the line and one injury reserve and 4 on the bench. Can switch out injured players until end of week.

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Penguins losing streak now 5 games in a row, 4 to losing teams! 3 loses (6pounts) from missing the playoffs.
Im at the point where I am hoping Johnson collides with Murray and both are out for 2 to 3 years.

Hard trying to figure out this disaster, watched tonight as well

1 week later
#548 4 years ago

Super Mario!

2 months later
#676 3 years ago

As a Pens fan and only sport I follow love all this pens talk good or bad, great information

#687 3 years ago

24 team format are we all liking it? Hate buys in any sport and why like hockey the best, guess I will have to settle in order to get hockey back. Go Pens

2 months later
#871 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The jersey and logo looks horrible!
I'm indifferent to the name. But baby blue colors?? Lol
Shoulda went with a green uniform/colors and the fan made logo someone created. [quoted image]

I like the name, and your pic version as well but read on the nhl site that they did not want to use a caricature or cartoon logo and avoid, not sure why. Now time to think about which member they will go after on each team. Here is the link breaks it down. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29520108/how-seattle-nhl-team-became-kraken

1 week later
#898 3 years ago

Time for first game

#909 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Fuck the Penguins, but if they lose this series and get the #1 overall pick in the draft I may toss myself off of a bridge.

Ok but I get one bottle of your whiskey in case you don’t make it, Pens no goal 5 on 3 was the bust for me, being a Pens fan maybe Take chances at the top pick

#912 3 years ago

Waiting for the Coyotes game as first one on today, then pool for me and catch others later

#920 3 years ago

No Canada teams can score , oh no repeat performance so sorry

#929 3 years ago

Hawks just scored for the win, shocked pens lost

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

We're both Pens fans but how can you be shocked? NO ONE on that team hits. Lafferty coming into the game last night had the first big hit of the series for the Pens. No one is aggressive in fore-checking. When the Pens lose possession of the puck they all go back on D and it's like they're waiting for their opponent to turn the puck over as opposed to putting pressure on them and forcing turnovers.
Once of my things with the Penguins is that we've been seeing the same style of play for the past 5 years now. All teams have stopped watching the Pens video as there's nothing to learn....it's the same game play every night!
Picking up players like Sheary and Marleau (-3 last night) was just asinine. Those two told me that the GM was not trying to make a better team.
We wont be watching the Pens next week, unfortunately!

Yes I know, just expected a better showing against Montreal

#974 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

yeah agree.... Not sure I would call it great goaltending. Not that either is playing bad just that, other then a few shots each, there's been nothing spectacular. Most shots are coming from 20' out.
But hey ..... we got hockey back!

Guess I did not miss much, at work and listened to the last 10 mins of game. Only 22 shots WTF, Jar was out of position on that 3rd period goal but not blaming him at all.

#997 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I remember watching the 4OT Pens/Caps game in 96...I had a class the next morning and it killed me.
I was at the 3OT Pens/Wings game in 08. That sucked casue I kept wanting to get 1 more beer but could never pull the trigger.

Yes me too had a High School test in the 96 one and my father going nuts as I wanted to watch the game and he wanted me to study as senior year big test, same thing when PENS played flyers in 5OT in 2000 but was studying for college test.

3482AF53-8557-4492-A7E8-89B786A48FDE (resized).jpeg3482AF53-8557-4492-A7E8-89B786A48FDE (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#1044 3 years ago

Ovi no Caps are out, does this mean it’s an easy run for the Flyers if they get past Montreal or are the Isles for real?

#1058 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm..Boston and Tampa

I know but just having a feeling that’s all, and I am a Pens fan

#1060 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Wow...Vancouver up 4-0! The Blues/Canucks has been my favorite series to watch this first round.

Watching last period before whiskey n cigar

#1063 3 years ago

It’s anybody’s year given the circumstances and which team clicks will do it, I had Boston to start the Season but not sure who will win it, hopefully somebody new

#1069 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Blues are still a helluva team. O’Reilly is a beast, Perron is a pest that any team would luv to have. Not having a healthy Tarasenko I’m sure didn’t help. So many posts by the Blues could of changed the outcome..be happy Blues fan, shit, you held Lord Stanley’s cup last year..

Perron did nothing for me when on the Pens

#1076 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Marc-Andre Fleury's agent just posted this picture on Twitter. The blade has coach DeBoer's name on it. Lol
I guess we know who is starting between the pipes for Vegas Sunday.
This is probably Fleury's last season with the VGK.
[quoted image]

Just read the article did not think it was true. The article did not have pic so thanks for posting, I thought it should be Fleurys team. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29720454/vegas-marc-andre-fleury-agent-tweet-implies-goalie-benched

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Looked good doing it (especially the first line for once). Avs probably lost Grubauer for the series/season too.

That’s a deal breaker for them ad could change the outcome as I had Avs to win this series but maybe now big trouble.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Just read the article did not think it was true. The article did not have pic so thanks for posting, I thought it should be Fleurys team. https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/29720454/vegas-marc-andre-fleury-agent-tweet-implies-goalie-benched

Update Fluery just had it removed from his agent

1 week later
#1128 3 years ago

The flyers and isles game should be interesting as two new goalies starting

#1130 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Both looked pretty good. Isles looking really good, a lot of speed.
Fleury in net for Vegas. Hoping to see solid performance from him,.

Watching it now

#1143 3 years ago

Two game 6s forced tonight some how or way it happened should be fun Thurs

#1157 3 years ago

Penguins hire ex Washington coach as assistant coach good or bad?

#1159 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I thought Reirden was a good assistant coach but man starting to see a pattern here with getting old players/coaches back has me shaking my head. What's next, bring Jay Caulfield out of retirement?

5F1A387C-6688-41B0-8B78-39211B606D6C (resized).jpeg5F1A387C-6688-41B0-8B78-39211B606D6C (resized).jpeg
#1172 3 years ago

Three game 7s coming up finally hopefully one goes to overtime always fun, but why do the Flyers get an extra day rest and Knights play tomorrow?

#1197 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

Fleury for Game 7?

being a Pens fan I have great memories on that one watching in front of TV standing the whole time. I actually went to Game 4 in igloo with my Dad.

#1198 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Leafs in 2021! Woo!

Keep dreaming, and I as always bet against the Canucukas as I call them. No way Vancouver deserved to win as badly outshot. Seems some of these series have gone that way.

#1204 3 years ago
Quoted from mkk629:

I was fortunate enough to be at game 7. Made it down to the lower level after the game and managed to get in the background of the team picture.

I almost bought that Stanley Cup Championship photo

#1210 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Halfway through the game and Flyers have 7 SOG down by 2

Just a horrible showing by Flyers in game 7

#1217 3 years ago

Ok let’s get in our picks for these two series. I have Knights and why not let’s jump out the Isles as Tampa injuries going to get them and Dallas goaltending might come up. My gut tells me ya Le vs Knights final but like the coach on Isles so why not. They I have Knights as victorious.

#1249 3 years ago

Sorry have not logged in forever.

Knights in 7
Tampa in 6

Knights in 6, and 38 goals

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Penguins didn't touch the Conference trophy in 08 and lost the Cup so in 09 they did touch it as they felt it would change their luck that year!

True true I remember that, we should have won in 08 as did not shoot enough on No good Osgood

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Ok ok...usually doesn't get touched.

Never touched by a Canadian team you mean too,ahaha

#1306 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Tampa n Dallas .... TV Ratings for this series will be lower then rerun of last years curling championship.

I will still watch as only sport watch all playoff games even when Pens are out.

#1314 3 years ago

Looks like a good series

#1319 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

My newest and some oddballs from over the years. I’ve got quite a few more lying around including the boring Dallas years.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I remember watching the Brett Hull in the crease goal to win it all and then NHL changed rule, can’t recall if the did it in the next season or little later if anyone can confirm

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You guys are lucky as I haven’t liked any moves Rutherford has made in past two years, well Marino is it.

However every time we traded away someone they have done worse and not worth it in the long run, always liked Horny Toad though and know nothing on who we got but knew changes coming

#1385 3 years ago

Right is this a call that should be made or not in OT, like when they let them play and sad to see end that way, what does Mike Mulberry think as usually more strict on analyzing but we know removed himself from TV.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well if you’re playing with two of the top players in the NHL and go to another team you’re probably not going to have the numbers you use to have.
Bonino is still going strong.
Oleksiak has more goals in the playoffs this year then the Penguins top 3 scorers.

Yes I know but just saying not agreeing with who we always get in return and every player we trade away it’s just seems that way. I loved all the players we had Kovalev, Kasparaitis, stall, Kessel, etc.

#1388 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Yes I know but just saying not agreeing with who we always get in return and every player we trade away it’s just seems that way. I loved all the players we had Kovalev, Kasparaitis, stall, Kessel, etc.

Never agreed with that bum forget his name we got from Leafs few years ago who then we got rid of and the other guy who I forgot that played on the Knights and then traded to Blues.

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Good ol’ what’s his name!

Guess I will have to look it up later

#1427 3 years ago

Boring last game but Bolts won it, still think there Martin St. Louis cup run in 2004 was far better. I had them picked to win in 04 from the beginning of playoffs and even bet them. Did Dallas forget how to play and shoot in game 6 this year?

1 week later
#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Ottawa and Pens make a deal
Matt Murray for 2nd rounder and Jonathan Gruden

We knew he was on his way out but at least we got something right?

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m hoping the Pens signs Marc-Andre Fleury to a hometown discount to finish his career as backup/mentor for Jarry...the Pens miss him in the clubhouse.

If he goes somewhere I don’t think he wants to be a back up like Lundquist who went to Caps

3 weeks later
#1521 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

In Pittsburgh people love Lemieux for what he did as a player and then for saving the franchise and keeping the team in Pittsburgh BUT I think one of the best things he did was, as soon as he took ownership of the team, getting rid of the pigeon logo and reverting back to the old logo! Probably one of the worse logos in hockey history!

What’s considered the pigeon logo, yes do like the old ones they brought back but got two Stanley cup jerseys patched in blue logo jersey to be different when went to game 4 in 2009.

1 week later
#1525 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

[quoted image]

Yeah that’s not my favorite, I do have a Jagr and Lemieux jersey with that one from the area I started to love hockey

1 month later
#1562 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm sorry....but this is hilarious!!
https://www.tsn.ca/report-san-jose-sharks-evander-kane-files-for-bankruptcy-1.1575922
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2089866
cdnpinbacon ....Want to start another thread for the 2021 season? I started a thread for 2020 and then COVID happened. I'll never start another NHL thread again.

Or just change the title on this one, but let me know

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.