4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwyhed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

The jets are having some issues..like you mentioned, what’s up w big buff? Laine isn’t signed..maybe my Canucks can make the playoffs this year..I luv puck talk...

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Yup I remember. This game I went to in 1993 Cam Neely got a hat trick after returning from knee surgery his first game back.

Hearing Cam Neely’s name still hurts us fans here in Vancouver. He was a helluva player..

#32 4 years ago

Mathews is still young, and is gonna do some immature stupid shit. Don’t know what he was thinking, but I think he was lucky that he wasn’t tased or even shot. Sneaking up on a female security guard isn’t cool at 2 am w your pants down..not the worst thing a player has done..

#38 4 years ago

Word on the street is that Vancouver could be naming their captain 2mrw...it’s gotta be Bo Horvat..

1 week later
#84 4 years ago

I’m a few days late w my post, but it was a bittersweet nite on Wednesday. The dodgers collapse not to far away..but was nice to flip channels and watch the Canucks whip my brothers Kings 8-2. Here’s a view from his backyard facing LA

242BBD56-3C79-4445-9712-2AF98C9A82AB (resized).jpeg242BBD56-3C79-4445-9712-2AF98C9A82AB (resized).jpeg3952C094-411F-4950-80B2-938F14036517 (resized).jpeg3952C094-411F-4950-80B2-938F14036517 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#99 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I'll take what I can get after watching the Oilers lose for 100 years in a row [quoted image]

Really? I remember Gretzky, Kurri, Anderson and the boys always destroying my Canucks in the early 80’s-90’s...let’s not forget Grant Fuhr, he was pretty good too. You know that #99 has most of his records vs any team is Vancouver, right?!

2 weeks later
#116 4 years ago

Was a pretty entertaining game at the garage err the rink last night..but that OT blunder was..a point anyway. I’m happy so far w the effort and points put up so far from the boys..

#125 4 years ago

People have become waaaaay to sensitive. My understanding is that he wished that more people (immigrants to Canada) shelled out a few bucks and purchased/ wore poppies..did he point out any ethnicity? If he did wrong, perhaps he should apologize..but I don’t see him doing that...

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Pens stun the leafless

Pens old uni’s looked great..and the young goalie played well..

#151 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Babs definitely on the hot seat. Sheldon Keefe, a personal friend of Dubas will be the next coach of the leafs...may as well do it now. Waiting doesn't make sense at all.

They should be patient..their dealing w some injuries..BUT if they wanna mix it up, I’d like to see vancouver trade markstrom n tanev for Barrie n a young marlie scoring forward...ahhhh, to be a GM...

#160 4 years ago

Lil surprised..lil premature I dunno. But to make Shanahan make the announcement instead of Dubas...he should take a lot of blame on this team w the big signings/contracts given to Tavares, Mathews, Marner & Nylander..

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just a different opinion here, I don't think you can blame Dubas. I look at it as ... he signed a lot of top players to make a wining team and something is off that the Leafs aren't winning. On paper the Leafs look great and you wonder how they're not a winning team. Sometimes a team does not respond to a coach. Look at the 2009 and 2016 Penguins, both years the Penguins had very good teams and both years the Penguins fired the coach mid year......both years they won the Cup. Sometimes it's the coach and the system he's trying to implement.
I think Babcock is a good coach and he'll find another job, if he wants it, in no time but he wasn't a fit for this younger Leafs team. Also, take into consideration he's only won one Cup (2008). It's not like he was a guarantee to take the Leafs to the promise land!

They’ve had a few pretty good reg. seasons under Babs, but just to get eliminated in the 1st round..their D isn’t a strong unit, and w out Anderson between the pipes they struggle. I look at Quennville when he was w the hawks; solid team w studs everywhere. He didn’t get it done either. I think that he’s a heck of a coach too. I think that coaches have a certain amount of time w the team before it gets stale/doesn’t work..

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yeah I'm not bitter about Dubas letting Kadri and Leivo go....what a bone head

Leivo is doing alright here w the Canucks..11 points in 23 games..some nights he stands out, at times he does his Louie Erickson n disappears. The talent is there, and he’s a decent skater..

#176 4 years ago

I like Leivo..he’s a big body, and knows how to play. Coach Green has been making adjustments w injuries n all, but he mostly plays w Horvat. The line is streaky, but still hard checking/battling for the puck. The effort is there most nights..goals/points will come for that line..

#182 4 years ago

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

Me too..go Canucks!

#184 4 years ago

Ha yeah right those nunchucks no chance

Nunchucks?! 1st time I heard that 1..

#187 4 years ago

Ha yeah right those nunchucks no chance

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

#199 4 years ago

Big night here in Vancouver..Alex Burrows goes to the ring of honour..loved by his fans here, other cities, not as much..1 of the best stories in all of sports really..

D9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpegD9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#238 4 years ago

Taylor Hall is a healthy scratch last nite...where’s he going, and for what..

3 weeks later
#265 4 years ago

I really like Gord Miller & Ferraro announcing the Jr’s..

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

McDavid has the most raw skill...it's insane! Imagine if he played for a good team? I feel bad for him playing for the Coilers.

He’s got a pretty good line mate in Draisatl..glad I’m home early to catch the nux play the lighting. 2nd time in nhl history that 2 teams w 7 wins in a row play each other..

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Are you still glad? hahahahah 9-2...ouch.

It was a good 1st period..then just an implosion..it’s a long season, and hopefully the boys get their shit together soon on this road trip..

1 week later
#303 4 years ago

Coach Gallant FIRED from the GK’s..the team is currently outside the playoffs, but just 4 points from 2nd in the conference..weird timing, yet he’s still a coach for the all star game? And replaced w Deboer?

2 weeks later
#356 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just saying would of kicked my son's ass if he pulled that. Now he's 26 and can kick my ass
great hockey last night !!

Nice to see the Canucks continue their winning ways..currently tied for 2nd in the west!

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Glass seats for 50 bucks? ???

I got lower seats (I think 3 rows up from ice ) just off face off circle in March vs isles from work..should/hopefully be entertaining..

#363 4 years ago

A morning matinee didn’t matter..Quinn Hughes is just so good..Markstrom too..Canucks w another W on the road @ the Barclays Center!

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Go Seattle Sockeyes!
(in 2021)

Their name has yet to be determined..Kraken maybe? Regardless, I wish them some success off the bat, but not the kind that VGK had..

#376 4 years ago

besides shitty traffic, I think of Boeing, the grunge scene, Mt. Rainier, the fishermen’s market..sure, the historic culture, but how do you pick a name that can be marketed that reflects the emerald city? I’m hoping that in time, this will be a great rivalry between Vancouver & Seattle..kinda like what we have w the caps/sounders..

1 week later
#415 4 years ago

Scary situation w Bouwmeester last nite..apparently he’s alert on the way to the hospital last night. An update is expected this morning. It’ll be an emotional night here in Vancouver, as the Sedins jerseys will be retired, and hoisted up to the rafters. It’d be pretty hard to find 2 honest, hardworking professionals like these guys..great players, but even better citizens off the ice..

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

JAYS catcher caught pulling his weenie in a dollar tree parking lot , also charged by the police in Florida. Hate to go off topic

Wtf?! What’s wrong w people? Catchers are kinda weird folk..back to hockey! Anyone else catch last nights ceremonies? Bieksa was a great host, he’s a funny dude. It was so cool to see some old gms, players, and the atmosphere was something else..

1 week later
#434 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The more I watch the Tkachuk brothers play, the more I like them. They play hard and get stats in almost every category. They'll both be superstars in a few years. Especially Brady when he gets out of Ottawa.

Pretty cool to see Keith’s boys doing well..they all play w an edge. My nux dropped the ball by not drafting one..

#446 4 years ago

Was nice to see the Canucks put a beating on the bruins last night..Rask was lit up like a Christmas tree! And to see Chara (6’9) and Myers (6’8) kinda go at it..you won’t find 2 bigger dudes squaring off. Playoff positioning, and the trade deadline less then 24 hours away..shits gonna get interesting...

#490 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah they're set up pretty nicely over the next two seasons and should get a solid team together. SHOULD being the key word. I think of Edmonton in situations like this as Edmonton had the picks and should've had a very good contending team by now but I think they made some trades/transactions the kept setting them back!
As for the Penguins....I know you didn't ask but.....for the past few years now Rutherford has had this mentality that we're a few players away from being a Cup contender and he's traded for older players .... that Win now mentality. It hasn't worked! In the meantime he's traded away some of the youth players. The Pens Farm Team has gone from contender to no longer even making the playoffs. In 2-3 years when Crosby, Malkin and LeTank retire the Penguins will be in the Leaf's position! Rutherford has to go and someone new needs to get in their and rescue this team, I know it's hard for peope to see this as the Pens are in 5th place right now but trust me it's coming.
Only 2 of the Penguins D and O are under the age of 25
Crosby, Malkin, LeTank and Johnson are the oldest on the team, beside Grandpa Marleau

Be happy that the Pens have Stanley cups!! I’ve watched my Canucks come close 2 times (they were swept in 4 vs Bossy & the Isles in ‘81) look at the Kings & Hawks..struggling now, but they’ve won a cup..the window/opportunity isn’t to long..mind you, the playoffs are like a poker final table..anything can happen

#502 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Enjoy it while you can Pens fans... Crosby is such a special player

I like Sid..to me, he’ll always be known for ‘the golden goal!’

#507 4 years ago

I wasn’t happy about the loss to the Sens last night, but was happy for Bobby Ryan. He scored a hat trick, and to come back after rehab/alcohol problems..just nice to see. Sometimes hockey is just a game..they’re real people too that fall/self destruct like anyone else..

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Nice Win Leafs
Demko

He didn’t play at his best that’s for sure. He’s gotta step up..shit, the whole team better before teams pass them in the standings. I’m hoping to catch them later vs CBJ, but I’m busy moving/exchanging a pin!

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

If you do let me know and I'll join ya! Penguins 5 points from missing the playoffs and with the way they're playing the Pirates look to be a better playoff contender (anyone who watches baseball knows the story of the Playoffless Pirates).
Not to knock the Leafs but when you look at their roster and compare it to Pittsburgh's....it's crazy that the Leafs are looking to be in the playoffs and the Pens possibly missing them. Pens 5 game losing streak and 4 to blah teams. Pathetic!

So I go to the grocery store last night, Canucks are up 3-1 in the 3rd..checked my sports app..5-3 final for CBJ! Like wtf happened?! Just an implosion..embarrassing outcome. Now they’re clinging to a wild card spot..I say pass the fn smelling salts n to be fly on the wall in that dressing room..man, it’s tough being a fan of this team at times..

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

I was laughing pretty damn hard, and got to shit talk almost my entire office today, so I quite enjoyed it lol.
My Oilers are lighting it up tonight too, 4 for Draisaitl!

Puck the coilers!!!

#526 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

My dad was shitting on Demko the entire game..lol

It’s his time to be the difference maker..to step up, and he hasn’t..w Markstrom having a solid year (till his injury) Demko could be making a case for himself..he’s been pretty good, but not lately. I felt bad for Domingue..sure, he’s a career back up, but still..Wednesday’s game vs the yotes is huge..

#541 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Going on a Canadian shopping trip...Tackle store..beer store..pizza slice...proline ticket.

Nice..almost as nice as Zibanezad’s 5 goals last night! I wonder if they got anything similar down south..if a player scores 5 u can be a millionaire from a sponsor?

#544 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

It's Pittsburgh, years ago, if the Penguins scored 7 goals everyone in the Arena received free chili from Wendy's. It was known, and still is, as the Chili Goal. If you ever watch a Penguins game now and they score 6 goals you will hear the fans chanting CHILI even though the promotion ended back in the late 80's.

That’s funny shit! I bet Lemieux, Francis,and Jagr made a lot of fans happy back in the day. Up here, a grocery store rewards a potential fan 1 million (w the famous skill testing question of course) if a player scores 5...

#551 4 years ago
Quoted from Jr99svt:

1st Pens game I attended at the old civic arena, 66 scored a hat trick in the 1st period. I was hooked.

That’s pretty cool! Mario has always been 1 of my favourite players.. and I’m not a pens fan. When he played in the Canada cup in the mid ‘80’s, he was a stud..only if he was healthy, I bet his stats & points per game would be near the top. They’re probably up there, and realize that the game was higher scoring back in the day, but he was a great generational player.

#565 4 years ago

Huge 2 points, and an entertaining game last night vs the Isles..Demko stopped waaay to many shots, but it’s a W..

2FC77FF3-0717-40D8-94B7-D5D83D4D1FED (resized).jpeg2FC77FF3-0717-40D8-94B7-D5D83D4D1FED (resized).jpeg75E60BDB-CF19-4D07-86C1-8F0930D7B59E (resized).jpeg75E60BDB-CF19-4D07-86C1-8F0930D7B59E (resized).jpegF9941C5C-FF08-401E-93E7-D0B47EEC696D (resized).jpegF9941C5C-FF08-401E-93E7-D0B47EEC696D (resized).jpeg
#572 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

NICE Hwy and thanks for sharing the pictures. May be one of the last games before no fan hockey. You had good body - check seats in the corner with a great view of Demko..he looked good eh?

I thought that he played well. Was nice to see a healthy Boeser on the ice. I had 4 people sitting in front of me w Toews jerseys..after a few beers, I asked if he was related..the older guy was nice, and explained that he was his nephew from Abbotsford. Toews played a good game w pp time. Good atmosphere @ the game, n I always get a kick n talkin puck w random strangers..was wearing my chiefs hat n talked football w a raiders fan too!

#582 4 years ago

Just heard on the radio that in Columbus, they’re not allowing anyone in the rink..sounds like they’re gonna delay/suspend the season for a bit..

1 week later
#622 4 years ago

A beauty of a trade..thanks Pittsburgh!

5E151771-0B05-40FA-976A-E5AB5CC0E7FD (resized).jpeg5E151771-0B05-40FA-976A-E5AB5CC0E7FD (resized).jpeg
#625 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

That was part of the dark period where the Pens were just getting rid of high payrolls. Good to see the Canucks couldn't mustard up more then a semi-finals appearance with Naslund on the roster but few years after he went to Rangers they went to the Finals.

It was, at least, entertaining hockey for my team. The ‘west coast express’ w Nazzy playing w Morrison & Bert was cool. This bs that’s going on fn sucks..only thing to read on the sports app is hearing so n so has this, and TB going to the Bucs...can’t wait for some normalcy, and of course if/when/what’s decided w the the season...

#630 4 years ago
70E68C9A-698C-4AE7-AF2D-CECCF06E7457 (resized).jpeg70E68C9A-698C-4AE7-AF2D-CECCF06E7457 (resized).jpeg
#632 4 years ago

On a hockey perspective, it sucks for all contending teams..I was really hoping to see Quinn Hughes potentially win the rookie of the year. The kid is unbelievable.

#633 4 years ago
5036B5FA-28BF-4955-806C-669FC1C7B50C (resized).jpeg5036B5FA-28BF-4955-806C-669FC1C7B50C (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Sounds like you'd be a perfect maple leaf fan.
Enjoy watching with no real hope.
I mean, I always hope, but I dont "hope"

The leafs are like the cowboys of the nfl..worth lots, consistently provide a mediocre team/product, and grossly over shown on the tv..

#723 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Anyone? No cheating

I went to a game w ‘the couv’ vs the isles..was on March 10th..I know that date was close...

1 month later
#806 3 years ago

I really don’t get why people make a big deal on this, if they can’t have fans in the rink. Sure, it’d be televised, if they have a season/playoffs..and what a fn mess to reward the #1 pick to a team that losses in the 1st round (Lafreniere) Bettman is a fn joke..

3 weeks later
#854 3 years ago

I like the name..it’s unique, I’m sure that Ron Francis will do a pretty good job in Seattle. I look forward to an I-5 rivalry w them...

1 week later
#906 3 years ago

2 penalty shots in a playoff game?! 1st time since 1923..hope that Scheiffle is okay, that’d be a huge loss for the Jets.

#921 3 years ago

Was nice to watch some playoff hockey yesterday. I like the effort put on by the nux, especially that fight w Ferlund & Foligno. Stalock was stellar tween the pipes, and was the difference in this game (2 pp goals by the Wild too) it’ll be interesting to see if coach Green mixes up the lines, and maybe put in ‘shotgun Jake’

#926 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I think Lundqvist played his last game as a Ranger yesterday.

It’ll be interesting what the rangers do w ‘the king’ I think that he has a NTC..my local am radio hacks question this morning was ‘if Lungqvist retires, is he the best goalie to never hoist the cup?’ Names like Luongo, Cujo were also mentioned..

#939 3 years ago

Was nice to listen to the nux/wild game on the radio @ work this morning..glad to see Marky w his 1st playoff s/o..

#950 3 years ago

Jumbo Joe has inspired Elliott Friedman w this beard..lol

23101BED-249C-46F7-8AB3-E6A4BACA2C13 (resized).jpeg23101BED-249C-46F7-8AB3-E6A4BACA2C13 (resized).jpeg
#991 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Rangers got the first rounder.

I was hoping that the coilers got it~no one except coiler fans

#994 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Columbus and Tampa going to quadruple overtime!

Shots are 72-52! Goalies are standing on their heads..just got home from work, nothing like ot hockey!

1 week later
#1020 3 years ago

Sad to hear that Dale Hawerchuk passed away..one of the best to lace em up for the Jets..only 57..

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

My Blue Jackets just got eliminated.
Oh well it sucks but it sure was a fun year of hockey for me to watch being the first year I started enjoying this great sport. I cant wait until next season and I will definitely be watching the rest of the playoffs. Hockey is awesome!

I was cheering for CBJ. They play an exciting game, and will be a playoff team for years, w C. Atkinson, PL. Dubois, Foligno, and they’re well coached.

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

We need to have a good ol bush party with a pleasure pack one day eh? ...If you are old enough to remember that.

That was just before my time..huge win by the couve last night. To lose Edler in the 2nd period, somehow grab the lead, and hold on..this series is compelling..and I never use that word..

#1054 3 years ago

Total bs to suspend Niskanen for just 1 game on the cross check on Gallagher. Imagine if someone did that to McDavid?! No fn way that guy gets a game, and the player sits out awhile w a broken jaw n eats thru a straw...

#1056 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Minimum 2 games ...see the poor kids face???

I like Gallagher..I seen the kid play when he was with the Vancouver giants (whl) he’s a lil spark plug, kinda like a Tkachuk, can mix it up, n score some goals. No doubt that Niskanen, and all Flyers players, should be aware who’s around them on the ice..wouldn’t be surprised to see a Hab accidentally run into Hart 2nite..

#1061 3 years ago

Pretty fn happy to knock out the champs. Markstrom is playing solid tween the pipes, and getting contributions from the 3rd-4th lines...bring on Vegas!!

#1065 3 years ago

Blues are still a helluva team. O’Reilly is a beast, Perron is a pest that any team would luv to have. Not having a healthy Tarasenko I’m sure didn’t help. So many posts by the Blues could of changed the outcome..be happy Blues fan, shit, you held Lord Stanley’s cup last year..

#1104 3 years ago

What a huge turn around game for the couve last night. Sure, they were outshot, but having Toffoli back in the line up was a big lift. Marky standing on his head again..fun game to watch

1 week later
#1145 3 years ago

I’ve got no more nails left after last nights game. Vegas threw everything at Thatcher Demko, and the kid stood on his head. Unbelievable performance for a guy who hasn’t played in 6 months! Hopefully the Couve can put more pucks on the net n force a game 7 2mrw

#1147 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

The Couv were outplayed badly

Yes they were..they shouldn’t have won. Vegas controlled the puck it seemed 75% of the time..what’s also bs, Cassie Campbell. Stop dressing so conservatively, n let’s see some cleavage..

#1149 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any news on re signing Leivo? I rarely talk to him about hockey .

Local hacks talking bout of course Demko, the possible contract extension-at what term/price for Marky..I’m sure that Leivo’s name will definitely come up after this season, as gm Benning has a lot of decisions to make on who to resign blah blah blah..

#1152 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Leivo is A PLUS along the boards wicked stick and soft cap hit.i would sign him. Time for you to call in and suggest this Hwy!

I’ve called n gotten through 3 times..2 of the calls were bout hockey..the other, the hacks a long time ago we’re talking bout the local teams..n no one remembered the nighthawks..they played in a semi pro basketball league that was here just for a few years..kinda like the Grizzlies..lol. Stu Jackson is still not liked here..

#1155 3 years ago
Quoted from woz:

IIRC I saw the Nighthawks play in BC Place back in 88 lol. Probably have the ticket stashed away somewhere.

I went to a few games too Warren..even managed to get the star player Brian Pollard to sign his shoe! Which, for whatever reason, I still have..lol
Sorry for the 2 upside down pix, won’t let me turn it

FE127779-D440-403C-87EC-9F274A846746 (resized).jpegFE127779-D440-403C-87EC-9F274A846746 (resized).jpegD5046EDC-3E32-4413-AB69-9815CC46704A (resized).jpegD5046EDC-3E32-4413-AB69-9815CC46704A (resized).jpeg
#1201 3 years ago

Badly outplayed/outshot again last night, and scoreless late in the 3rd period. For a team that was on the playoff bubble, and defeat minny, the defending champs blues, and take a heavily favoured team to a game 7?! Kudos to coach Green, for motivating the boys. Bit of a coming out party for captain Horvat, Petey, Hughes, and Boeser. Congrats to the Knights, they played well, except u Reaves..if that happened to a star player (McKinnon, Mcdavid, Sid) you’d be serving a long suspension..just a bs play..

#1221 3 years ago

I’m hoping for a stars/bolts final..I just don’t see a heavy favourite in either conference final..

#1230 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Get off the fence make your pick ...this is for pinside hockey pool championship.
Dallas 7
Tampa 6
Cup final Tampa 6

Dallas in 6
TB in 6
TB wins in 6
TG 34

#1242 3 years ago

What a shot by Radulov last night in OT!

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Stars are clearly better than what most anyone thought. They are scrappy, very defensive-minded, and play well as a "team."
I can't wait for the championship series to start!

I worked a long day, listened to the OT on the radio. Even honked my horn when Dallas eliminated the knights..bye bye Marchessault, u lil bitch. I did pick the stars to advance in 6 thou..

#1273 3 years ago

Stevie Y looked pretty young here. He was a dominant player back in the day..

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

A real class act too.
I'm trying to sell his rookie card on kijiji right now
[quoted image]

I once ran into ‘Burnaby Joe’ Sakic at, of all places, at a McDonald’s 15 + years ago. I was thinking that I gotta say hi..we ended up talking for maybe 10+ minutes..I brought up that I once worked w a nephew of his at a Sizzler that said nothing but cool things about him. I later found out that his nephew passed away, and said to Joe that I was sorry to hear. I thanked him for his time, and wished him continuous success..a real down to earth well spoken guy..

#1315 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Lol. Yeah, you have to wear the old sweaters around here now to prove you aren’t bandwagon. I never bought a Mooterus. That thing was abysmal from day one.
That Langenbrunner 98/99 got some wear.

Guessing not to many Ciccarelli, or Broten, or Bobby Smith jerseys around..all great players for the stars (Minny) during the ‘80!s..ya, I’m getting old..

#1333 3 years ago

4-3 bolts..and we have a series!! And hopefully Quinn Hughes wins some hardware 2nite!

#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How does Quinn Hughes not win the Calder vs a banged up Makar? ??...head scratching

Bit if a toss up. Sure, Makar had a better team/players, which would help inflate points. Hughes to me though, drastically changed n helped the couve. Both exceptional players..congrats to Makar, shit, both players on stellar seasons..

#1362 3 years ago

Almost a must win for the stars next game. Don’t wanna be down 3-1, and win 3 straight..ain’t happening vs the bolts. Can’t wait for free agency, gonna be a lot of players moving to different teams. My gm Jim Benning has a lot of tough decisions to make w cap issues..anybody looking for a goalie?!

#1365 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I’ve really liked a lot of the moves Benning has done for the Canucks over the last couple years. Especially trading for JT Miller. I know Tampa had to clear up cap space, and they got a first round draft pick for him, but he’s such a great player who contributes to so many areas. I was sad to see him go.
I think Markstrom will get a lot of interest, but with him a ufa in a few months, I don’t know how much teams will pay to talk to him early. Is the general consensus in Vancouver that Demko is your starter next year?

The local radio hacks here talk n bring up all scenarios w Marky, what kind of $/term he n his agent might be looking for. It’s all speculation right now, w Tanev, Toffoli looking forward contracts too. Obviously, got to have $ to sign Pettersson & Hughes soon to big contracts, rumours about Boeser. Can’t leave Demko exposed..what to do w Virtanen. So many questions, guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks or so..

#1413 3 years ago

Congrats to the bolts on winning the cup, and to the Stars on a solid year. Wish that fans were there to boo ‘ the Count’ bettman. Looking forward to the draft, and the upcoming free agency..

#1415 3 years ago

So who wins bragging rights, and predicted that the bolts win the cup?

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I won the pinside hockey pool championship again. Like mentioned, beer store gift card will be fine.

I think I gotta be close..predicted bolts in 6 w 30 something goals..can I at least get a participation ribbon?! N leafs still suck!

1 week later
#1432 3 years ago

I’m gonna lose my shit if Benning signs Oliver ekmann Larsen..he’s not a #1 D men, his contract/term is fn rediculous..and Toffoli might hit free agency?! Wtf man...

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Can't sign him. He's not a free agent.
He's a absolute #1 D.

I meant trade for him. And, he’s not a top d men anymore, especially w that long ludicrous contract.

#1449 3 years ago

Happy free agency boys..should be an interesting day to see who goes where, and who overpays for whatever player. Jim Benning has some difficult decisions 2day..

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I thought Markstrom went to Calgary

Marky lands in cow town w a 6 year/36 mil contract. He’s a helluva goalie, I do wish him well..except when the playoffs start again.

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Only contract so far over 3 years

A lot of teams are against the cap. I can see contracts given out in the 2-4 year terms. Good signing by the leafs w Simmonds. My team could use some more grit. Word on the street that they’ve talked w Barrie’s agent...but at what cost? We know he brings some pp/offensive skill, but a bit of a liability playing D..next few days will tell us more

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any local talk about Leivo? I hate to ask him/friends personally and won’t. Can’t find much online.

His name has been mentioned a few times, but w limited $ to the cap, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d like to see him sign here for a year ‘show me contract’ as he did impress when he played n was healthy

#1491 3 years ago

You boys hearing bout a potential Canadian division for next year? Since the border is closed, it kinda makes sense...thoughts?

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

60 game schedule ? Canadian division? Let do it! Want me more Couv n leafs

And more shots of Mathews mom..she’s kinda hot..

1 week later
#1507 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vancouver Canucks Uniforms ARE The Worst !
What u say HWY???

Hell no! I don’t mind the orca, goes w the west coast, but prefer the older stick/rink one. I have that 1 as a jersey. The ‘flying v’ w the skate was kinda cool back in the 80’s. The yotes get my vote..their original uni looks like a sick dog w mange.

2 weeks later
#1523 3 years ago

Don’t forget about Caroline!

1 month later
#1545 3 years ago
0B5B81A0-EFA7-4623-A7B6-AEA91ACBF855 (resized).jpeg0B5B81A0-EFA7-4623-A7B6-AEA91ACBF855 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1552 3 years ago

Is this the year the avs go to the finals, and Mackinnon is mentioned w the great players of this generation? I like the kid, but obviously hope that my nux keep improving and gain more playoff experience

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hwyhed.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=hwyhed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.