4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#577 4 years ago

Nice guy? Belfour?

How much of the Whiskey did you drink??

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Technically postponed. So much for matthews 50 goal season.

50 goals... and miss the playoffs or be ousted in the first round.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Not sure .. Leafs beat Tampa 2x

If I'm throwing money at one of the two... it's at the team that wants to erase the memory of their failure in the first round after being the best in the league over the overpaid 4 on the Leafs. Also TB Defense is miles better than the LEafs. Goaltending would be the ?

#599 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You said best like Don cherry always says Goaltending

And with Andersen's past playoff performance... I'll take Vasilevsky.

1 week later
#634 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

On a hockey perspective, it sucks for all contending teams..I was really hoping to see Quinn Hughes potentially win the rookie of the year. The kid is unbelievable.

Yup... Season is toast i think.

Hughes is way out performing his brother. Wow.

Gotta laugh at the trade deadline deals though. My Habs may make out like bandits! Traded a bunch of guys for picks and only went without them for like 3 games. Sucks for teams that made trades to make a push... Like your Canucks.

3 weeks later
#638 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Good chance I’m moving further north, don’t trust this Demon seed virus.

Ya?

Meh... not done much other than kill the economy and ravage the senior living facilities.

#640 3 years ago

So... the rumblings of a June start to a season (first rumoured by John Scott); what do you all think?

A season running until end of July would be a bit odd... and a very short summer for the players to rest and recover.

#643 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Being a Blues fan I really want to see what they could do before the next season.

Especially as Pietro is all but gone.

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from tbpd349:

Hughes was great this year but Makar is the ROTY

I think it will be a very tight vote between the two.

1 week later
#658 3 years ago

As a Hab fan... the season finished long ago... At least we landed some nice assets for the 'rentals'

3 weeks later
#733 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Pitts will handle the Habs no problem my friend

As a Habs fan I would like to think that my Boy Jesus Price will be well rested and be in early season form... where he tends to dominate.

#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Scary enough, if price gets on a tear, he can wipe out the lot.

If this actually happens I think it will be a very interesting 'play-in' to watch. Like the first round on steroids.

#738 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Agreed. But healthy Malkin and Crosby ? Huge upset

Yup... but goaltending can steal series.
Also a healthy Weber and perhaps a Russian rookie d-man (Romanov) could help make them a tough defensive team.
On the front end Drouin is back and that is good as he started out hot.

#740 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

you guys miss Gonchar

We miss a lot of guys/coaches.
Went from a great team to a meh team in the matter of a year it seemed.
Pk for Weber seems to have panned out.... but let some talent slip away for sure.

1 week later
#760 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Signage in Pittsburgh’s Bus Stops on how to know if you’re practicing social distance.
[quoted image]

What the heck is a "parking chair"?

#780 3 years ago

IIRC they will start training camps July 10th, believe they are a 2 week camp, then playoffs start. So July 25th... if at all from the sound of it. Never thought I'd see the day where my team was playing on my birthday at the end of july!!

#790 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Depends on Morgan Reilly health status. Andersen is good to go. Leafs are a legitimate contender.

I guess technically everyone who made the 24 team playoff is a "contender"... But if the Leafs get past Columbus... They're rewarded with the Bruins in all liklihood or the Bolts.

So.... Ya. There's that.

2 weeks later
#820 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

They will get the playoffs done and it will almost be time to start the new season. Sweet!

Pretty sure next season start will be delayed til at the earliest late November.

1 week later
#828 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

As a GM, would you re-sign a big player contract if player had recovered from Covid?

Would you sign someone who just got over a bad cold? ya ... ya I would.

It's like asking if you would sign a player who had the flu. These guys are in great shape; they are not elderly and living in a retirement home.

#830 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

While I agree with your sentiment, I still think covid lung can be a huge factor when these guys push capacities of the body.
Even at their high level of training and body conditioning, it could still take the wind out of his sails.
I love puns!

Only if they are a serious/severe case; which with young healthy individuals is exceedingly rare.

#833 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I know Canuck as a Leaf Fan .just something to consider that's all

As a Leaf fan you guys should just worry about reaching the century mark before hoisting lord Stanley again.

#835 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just our luck we win and can't have a party.

Shouldn't be an issue...

#837 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Looks like NHL playoff hockey will be happening.....come hell or high water!
https://twitter.com/i/status/1283911684113854464

Saw that... of course one of the two arenas that was chosen has this happen to it!

#838 3 years ago

One week out from hub city reporting...

Is this ACTUALLY gonna happen? My Habs are gonna take home their 25th cup!?

...or a 12.5% chance at a generational talent who is French!

#875 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

when is seattle starting play , this upcoming season ?

2021 season.... whenever that one will start. Still a whole season in between.

#887 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

R.I.P. Eddie Shack “Clear the track here comes Shack!

I you havn't already... check out his interview with the guys on Spittin chiclets podcast

#889 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Six more days guys until the playoffs start...I cant wait!

"Play-ins"...

Side note... please let the Jackets oust the Leafs in 3... that'd be greeeeat. Don't even care if MTL doesn't score a goal in their series with PIT...

#902 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Sebastian Aho is a stud.

That's why my Habs tried to steal him!

#953 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So how boring is the Pens Habs to watch .... boring enough that NBC here in the States switched over to the Preds game ..... which they're also showing on the NHL Channel

Defensive games are interesting... if you know what you're watching. Majority wanna see a run and gun game that ends 7-5. I prefer tight games with great defence and goaltending personally.

#988 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Burke was right all along. Bring him back

They lack 'Truculence'?

#999 3 years ago

Imagine making 85 saves... and losing. uggh.

#1007 3 years ago

Can we always have mid summer hockey? Loving sitting out on patio watching.

Message_1596845311951 (resized).jpgMessage_1596845311951 (resized).jpg

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I wish I had the balls (and money) to have an outdoor tv area. Id be too scared to run a normal tv outside in changing climates.

Pretty cheap tbh.
Had an old 42 inch plasma collecting dust. Bought a mount for $30, a firestick for $50, Weatherproof cover for $40 and run through wifi on CBC app or other similar. In the winter I will bring it inside.

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hockey after sunset!
[quoted image]

Wrong team won though...

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

The humidity doesn't affect it at all?

Nope. Not one bit actually.

Look at it this way, If you had no AC in your house... your tv's would still be fine inside. Only difference is rain. Currently having a driving rain and it is completely protected by the cover. (Obviously unplugged when not in use)

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Ovi no Caps are out, does this mean it’s an easy run for the Flyers if they get past Montreal or are the Isles for real?

Not at all.
Caps weren't the issue... Boston and Tampa are both great teams, and the Isles are for real.

Plus... the Philly goon squad needs to get past the Habs first before they worry.

#WinItForGally

#1064 3 years ago

At least we won more first round games then the Leafs this year.

#1070 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Well played sir. Gallagher for Nylander straight up? I would pull that trigger.

Nobody in MTL would.

You must be the guy calling the AM stations with the trade proposals! Are you Salvator from Woodbridge?

#1107 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

so doesn't suprise me when the Penguins lose in the first round.

TECHNICALLY... they lost BEFORE the first round

#1131 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Technically, I did mention Tampa to win it all. If they do, then technically I would be reigning Pinside hockey pool 3 years in a row. Just sayin.

I called a Tampa vs. Vegas final.

Still think this is Vegas' year.

#1134 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Still one more game to win here. No time to think about anything but Colorado right now. Pack one suit for the trip and wrap this up tonight.

This is aging like old milk

1 week later
#1244 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

That guy takes dumb penalties and scores King Kong goals. That’s it. That’s his game.

Wish Habs never let him walk.

#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

He wanted to leave

Not true.

He wanted to stay. He wan't offered enough though and when MTL failed to give him a contract he had earned Dallas signed him for what he wanted. Think the difference was $500k. Habs were trying to get him and Markov to both sign for lower than market. Blew up in Bergevins face.

#1255 3 years ago

Gotta say... shocked the Stars are handling the Knights so easily.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Stars have been outplayed for large portions of the last three games. They are getting timely goals and timely goaltending. As a fan, nothing has seemed too easy but I'd love that for Game 5.

As long as the Isles don't rebound... I'm good with Tampa vs. whoever. Isles are too damn boring.

Will say I was pulling for Vegas, though.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

TAMPA PLAYER OR OFFICE PERSON!!
I Called it!

What happened?

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I figured out why stamkos hasn’t been helping in the playoffs. He’s too busy playing robocop with hulk hogan.
[quoted image]
Also, if this doesn’t help cover my tracks of actually being Steven stamkos, I don’t know what will.
Did I mention I’m not Steven Stamkos? I heard he’s pretty rad though.....

Only Stammer could afford two primo machines.

...not to mention we all know how vain he is and likely has cut outs of himself all over his house.

#1350 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How does Quinn Hughes not win the Calder vs a banged up Makar? ??...head scratching

I had it as a toss up between the two.
Makar was fantastic, as was Hughes.

#1375 3 years ago

Looks like Stamkos is out again. He was deemed unfit to play, but may be back later in the series.

At the very least if they win he contributed on the ice in the one game he played.

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wild contract /player movement on the horizon. This will be an interesting summer with contracts all over the place shedding.

"Summer" ... in the fall.

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I called it once the leafs were out.

Why did the Leafs even factor in, in the first place?
Not championship material.

#1429 3 years ago

The Wild have traded Dubnyk to the Sharks. Dubnyk and a 7th round draft pick to San Jose for a 5th round draft pick. Minnesota also retains 50% of Dubnyk's salary. Seems like a pretty big win for San Jose. Yes Dubnyk was pretty bad last year and Stalock is the future there, but before the last year or two, Dubnyk was a pretty consistently good goalie.
On a separate deal, San Jose also got Ryan Donato from Minnesota for a third round pick.
Also, Jack Johnson was bought out by the Penguins today.
And the Flyers Niskanen retired.

Not sure Stalock is the future though... that may be the issue. He could be a good platoon goalie, taking some heat off the starter.
Dubnyk will likely be better if he gets more action.
Donato was a good pick up for a 3rd though!

Niskanen retiring just shy of 1000 games. Wonder why he's retiring so young. Only 33. Giving up over $5M in salary!

Jack Johnson buy out is no surprise though.

#1435 3 years ago

Habs overpaid for him, so leaf fans should be glad they didn’t trade that much away for him

Overpaid?

Domi was great his first year... a ghost this season. He fell down the depth chart to 4th line Center. Can't keep him around... too many good centers in the system ahead of him.
Loved him but Anderson is a great pick up... and from my city!

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m gonna lose my shit if Benning signs Oliver ekmann Larsen..he’s not a #1 D men, his contract/term is fn rediculous..and Toffoli might hit free agency?! Wtf man...

Can't sign him. He's not a free agent.

He's a absolute #1 D.

#1445 3 years ago

Nashville traded Bonino to the wild, and are buying out Turris.

Wonder if Turris signs cheap elsewhere... he hasn't done much through his career to garner the type of contract he got, imho.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I meant trade for him. And, he’s not a top d men anymore, especially w that long ludicrous contract.

Disagree with ya.

Will be interesting to see what he could do on a team where he is not the sole entity on the backend.

#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Happy free agency boys..should be an interesting day to see who goes where, and who overpays for whatever player. Jim Benning has some difficult decisions 2day..

Thinking it will be slower than years past with a lot of teams strapped for cap space.

#1454 3 years ago

quite a bit of goalie movement so far.
Ottawa picked up Matt Murray for 4 years, 25 million.
Dallas resigns Khudobin for 3 years, 10 million.
Vancouver signs Holtby, 2 years, 8.6 million.
Minnesota signs Talbot for 3 years, 11 million.
Washington signs Lundqvist for 1 year, 1.5 million.
Chicago resigns Malcolm Subban for 2 years, 1.7 million.

I guess Markstrom is done in VAN? Or are they leaving the rookie in the minors for seasoning and resigning Markstrom as well?

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Kiss the signing bonus away ...Stammer on the block

Is that confirmed? I know he was deemed to be not untouchable by Brisebois... but I think he's hard to move with his recent injury woes.

#1463 3 years ago

I agree. Between his injury history and contract, I don't know how easy he will be to trade. If he does get traded, I can't see us getting too many assets for him. I could see Vegas or Montreal trading for him though, trying to make a splash for a #1 center.

Nah... Habs are set at Center for the first time in decades. That's why Domi got traded away.

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I guess Petro is gone.

Krug is a good consolation prize!

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m hoping the Pens signs Marc-Andre Fleury to a hometown discount to finish his career as backup/mentor for Jarry...the Pens miss him in the clubhouse.

Not a free agent. Would need to trade for hi.. currently making 7M... but Vegas willing to retain 50%

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Jumbo Joe signing in Toronto is immanent.

Bogosian, Simmonds and Thornton... they trying to bring their average age waaaay up?

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Speaking of age .... I asked the question what was Rutherford thinking when he picked up Patrick Marleau but man that question needs to be asked again as why would the Sharks take him back?

45 games away from tying Gordie Howe for most games played in the NHL??

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but from a team perspective do you take up a seat on the bench so a guy can break a record? Plus it's looking more like a 60 game schedule is going to happen since the NHL has now said it's likely the season wont start until February. Bettman is still hopeful they can do an 82 game season but with COVID looking like it's here to stay till, at least, April not sure that's possible.
You have 60 game schedule it makes it takes away 22 games for teams to make the playoffs so to have a guy sitting on the bench to break a record is asinine. BUT hey it makes for great tv drama right?

Sharks are in rebuild anyways though.

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I think you'll understand if us Penguins fans dont thank the Leafs for Ceci!!

You guys traded Johnson for Ceci + Johnson buy out cap space...

That's like getting punched in the face AND kicked in the groin simultaneously.

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So true .... I blame the Penguins medical staff as they should've recognized Rutherford's senile state

lol

#1501 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

And more shots of Mathews mom..she’s kinda hot..

Guess he got his Dad's nose

#1504 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any local talk about Leivo? I hate to ask him/friends personally and won’t. Can’t find much online.

Off to Calgary

1 week later
#1508 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Vancouver Canucks Uniforms ARE The Worst !
What u say HWY???

Leafs are pretty boring... but get a pass for nostalgia.
New Dallas jersey is pretty awful.

#1511 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

See the new Dallas back neon uniforms?

Ya... that's what I'm referring to... they're awful

#1517 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Early Cup final prediction: Leafs vs Flames.
LEAFS IN 7

That'll be difficult if they're in the same division with the proposed All Canada Division due to Covid restrictions.

#1520 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Tampa vs Leafs final (if cdn only division)
Leafs in 7

Close.
Habs vs Lightning or Knights.

2 weeks later
#1527 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:What new reverse jersey is your favorite ? Leafs is a disaster imo.

Ya... that Leaf jersey is bad... Red Wings is worse somehow.

I may be biased... but I love the Habs new one. For a team that has not changed their set up in a looooooong time it works.

Also like Rangers bringing back lady liberty. Wild is decent in North Star colours. Sabres is good... but would be the best of the bunch if they did the buffalo head instead of the front crest they used.

1 month later
#1551 3 years ago

Meh... the helmet ads are more of a issue I'd think.

#1553 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Is this the year the avs go to the finals, and Mackinnon is mentioned w the great players of this generation? I like the kid, but obviously hope that my nux keep improving and gain more playoff experience

North division is going to be a war. 6 of the 7 teams are playoff caliber. Even the other team (OTT) could surprise if guys like Murray regain their form.

#1557 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Haha!!! Penzoil under the Oilers logo!

Preparation H under the Leafs logo...

#1558 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Your still a newbie here Canuck. We are the gods of right and wrong with hockey.

Right = Habs

Wrong = Leafs

Correct?

#1561 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I'm sorry....but this is hilarious!!
https://www.tsn.ca/report-san-jose-sharks-evander-kane-files-for-bankruptcy-1.1575922
https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2089866
cdnpinbacon ....Want to start another thread for the 2021 season? I started a thread for 2020 and then COVID happened. I'll never start another NHL thread again.

Guy spent 150% of his career earnings

#1565 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

New season thread created

What's it titled. Searched NHL 2021 and got nada

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Canuck_pinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread?tu=Canuck_pinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.