4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 32.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree. But in my mind it just looks bad on the player and their brand. These kids idolize these players and spend tons of time and money (most likely their parents) on tickets/merchandise and it allows the likes of McDavid to live comfortably for the rest of his life.
The kid wasn't asking him to sign something ridiculous....it was Oilers merchandise.
The lawyers/owners/corporate don't wear the heat....it's the player who does. And they probably lost a fan over it. He will naturally gravitate to another team...maybe it'll be the Pens.
My 5 cents.

Agree! One thing I didn't care for was ... after the kid tossed the jersey you can hear someone say thank you. It appears to be McDavid but nonetheless someone should've pulled the kid aside and gave a simple apology and explained why. Kid/parents would still be upset but at least they would know why.

Game on!

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Agree! One thing I didn't care for was ... after the kid tossed the jersey you can hear someone say thank you.

I think that was just a Canadian defence mechanism more than a sarcastic verbal jab at the kid. Lol

#353 4 years ago

The battle of Alberta was fun to watch last night. Tkachuck and Kassian fought....but only after RNH and Monahan fought. (Didn't see that one coming)

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The battle of Alberta was fun to watch last night. Tkachuck and Kassian fought....but only after RNH and Monahan fought. (Didn't see that one coming)

Was a good game..... RNH looked as though he was about to get beat good, they broke apart and he jumped back in.

#355 4 years ago

Just saying would of kicked my son's ass if he pulled that. Now he's 26 and can kick my ass
great hockey last night !!

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Just saying would of kicked my son's ass if he pulled that. Now he's 26 and can kick my ass
great hockey last night !!

Nice to see the Canucks continue their winning ways..currently tied for 2nd in the west!

#357 4 years ago

Josh sent a pic.of his busted knee. Knee cal Cracked right in half!..says aurgey went very well. Still, What a bummer...so proud of the Canucks and Josh won't play.that really sucks but Go Couv!!!

#358 4 years ago

Me and my buddy from school (damn did we party) thinking of epic road trip next year and follow the Couv ..I'll are sure we are visible on tv!!

#359 4 years ago

Glass seats for 50 bucks? ???

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Glass seats for 50 bucks? ???

I got lower seats (I think 3 rows up from ice ) just off face off circle in March vs isles from work..should/hopefully be entertaining..

#361 4 years ago

Nice .Barzal vs petterson

#362 4 years ago

I can't believe how sucks that is Josh not playing !

#363 4 years ago

A morning matinee didn’t matter..Quinn Hughes is just so good..Markstrom too..Canucks w another W on the road @ the Barclays Center!

#364 4 years ago

Go Seattle Sockeyes!

(in 2021)

#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Go Seattle Sockeyes!
(in 2021)

Their name has yet to be determined..Kraken maybe? Regardless, I wish them some success off the bat, but not the kind that VGK had..

#366 4 years ago

Kraken has always been to smart of a choice but I hope they do it. They'll probably end up going "sockeyes" Uff.

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Their name has yet to be determined..Kraken maybe? Regardless, I wish them some success off the bat, but not the kind that VGK had..

Yep I know. Wishful thinking. Thanks - looking forward to a long and exciting Vancouver - Seattle rivalry on ice!

Quoted from TheLaw:

Kraken has always been to smart of a choice but I hope they do it. They'll probably end up going "sockeyes" Uff.

Kraken has nothing to do with Seattle. To the contrary, "Sockeyes" does as salmon is a BIG part of Seattle's history, culture, and fishing industry.

Hell, if we want to just go for a generic marketing name, might as well name them the Wolverines.

Well, on second thought ... uff.

#368 4 years ago

The Seattle Sasquatch!!!

#369 4 years ago

Kraken has nothing to do with Seattle. To the contrary, "Sockeyes" does as salmon is a BIG part of Seattle's history, culture, and fishing industry.

Yes thanks for the Seattle history we all know already. I get it, dumb name. Jesus, 'Totems' is somehow better.

Hell, if we want to just go for a generic marketing name, might as well name them the Wolverines.
Well, on second thought ... uff.

I guess you're trying to use this against me because of UofM, a school I despise? Well done? I'm a townie!

#370 4 years ago

The Oilers/Flames game tonight is a doosey! Battle of Alberta 2.0

I hope these two teams meet in the playoffs! (That's if they both make the playoffs, lol)

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes thanks for the Seattle history we all know already. I get it, dumb name. Jesus, 'Totems' is somehow better ...

I don't think you really do, but that's understandable as you don't live here either. Contrary to common misconception, "Totems" really has no basis in Seattle either as the local native tribes never had anything to do with totem poles.

Glad to hear we share a common distaste for the Wolverines. I'm a U of Illinois alum and thus no fan of them or the Buckeyes. Too many years of losing to them in football.

#372 4 years ago

Leafs vs the krack

#373 4 years ago

Seattle Metros , otters, seals,

#374 4 years ago

Seattle Sea Captains, (sea caps) Nice Logo for sure

#375 4 years ago

That's how Toronto's basketball team got named, all those raptors farms and wild caught raptors too!

I still don't like "golden knights" they should have just been the Knights, which is what everyone calls them anyway. Sockeyes is as bad as the Pelicans. All these NBA references................... Can they be the SuperSonics?

#376 4 years ago

besides shitty traffic, I think of Boeing, the grunge scene, Mt. Rainier, the fishermen’s market..sure, the historic culture, but how do you pick a name that can be marketed that reflects the emerald city? I’m hoping that in time, this will be a great rivalry between Vancouver & Seattle..kinda like what we have w the caps/sounders..

#377 4 years ago

Pens and Caps for first time this season ... a nice “appetizer” to the Super Bowl!

For those keeping Stanley Cup score : Malkin 3, Ovechkin 1

93A0E954-9A41-443C-AD37-F8573A72A413 (resized).jpeg93A0E954-9A41-443C-AD37-F8573A72A413 (resized).jpeg
#378 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

besides shitty traffic, I think of Boeing, the grunge scene, Mt. Rainier, the fishermen’s market..sure, the historic culture, but how do you pick a name that can be marketed that reflects the emerald city? I’m hoping that in time, this will be a great rivalry between Vancouver & Seattle..kinda like what we have w the caps/sounders..

I gotta admit that Seattle "Kraken" has a cool feel to it and is certainly marketable.

Not sure that the apparently (already out there) inevitable resultant reference to the team's arena as the "Krak House" would be a good thing though. I'm sure Amazon or whatever corporation pays the $14+ million for the renaming rights probably won't appreciate it.

#379 4 years ago

I gotta admit that Seattle "Kraken" has a cool feel to it and is certainly marketable.
Not sure that the apparently (already out there) inevitable resultant reference to the team's arena as the "Krak House" would be a good thing though. I'm sure Amazon or whatever corporation pays the $14+ million for the renaming rights probably won't appreciate it.

The Amazon Krak house. I like it

#380 4 years ago

You watching the big game today?

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You watching the big game?

Yep, Lets go Pens

#382 4 years ago

LOL I was going to say Columbus VS habs!

#383 4 years ago

However I am on the score over and jLo over 2.5 wardrobe changes for NFL

#384 4 years ago

Burned on the over! That's why I don't gamble
Ho hum game, Shakira and demi rocked it.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Burned on the over! That's why I don't gamble
Ho hum game, Shakira and demi rocked it.

Same. Took KC on the over. 4 more points scored woulda been nice. Oh well

#386 4 years ago

Went to the Caps vs Pens game yesterday. Guy who I get tickets from said he’s not selling me anymore games. Caps lost the last 2 I went to.

My son had fun though. He’s a penguins fan for some reason.
547CCC31-6D2B-4C7F-8DBF-0CA5DED0B03D (resized).jpeg547CCC31-6D2B-4C7F-8DBF-0CA5DED0B03D (resized).jpeg64442391-5275-40B1-98DD-24EE086CBE15 (resized).jpeg64442391-5275-40B1-98DD-24EE086CBE15 (resized).jpeg

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Went to the Caps vs Pens game yesterday. Guy who I get tickets from said he’s not selling me anymore games. Caps lost the last 2 I went to.
My son had fun though. He’s a penguins fan for some reason.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Side note #1: Of the pro sporting events (football, baseball, and hockey) that I took my wife to when we used to live in Chicago, she like watching hockey the best because the overall action kept going. Kind of like Steve Ritchie game flow.

Side note #2: Used to love playing this as a kid. Still have it too!

Just sayin' and back to the real NHL now.

Bobby Hull hockey game (resized).jpgBobby Hull hockey game (resized).jpg

#388 4 years ago
E3806C65-DC2A-4F0F-8BAC-BD0713753BB5 (resized).jpegE3806C65-DC2A-4F0F-8BAC-BD0713753BB5 (resized).jpeg
#389 4 years ago

yZ Rider: time for local hockey sign up!

#390 4 years ago

He plays and I play adult league. I started late in life so I play in the D league. He’s a first year pee wee. Played one year of squirts.

#391 4 years ago

That game was brutal.

Leafs need to realign things soon or they're pooched.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

That game was brutal.
Leafs need to realign things soon or they're pooched.

5 GA on 21 SOG .... that’s rough

#393 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

5 GA on 21 SOG .... that’s rough

Advice for the Leafs: Get rid of Hutchinson!! He's like Garrett Sparks 2.0...how many chances will he get?

#394 4 years ago

As much as I like to hate on the goalies, we lack majority in defence.

We often leave our goalies hanging out to dry.

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:As much as I like to hate on the goalies, we lack majority in defence.

Leafs will have a New backup Shortly. Hawks would be nice dance partner

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Advice for the Leafs: Get rid of Hutchinson!! He's like Garrett Sparks 2.0...how many chances will he get?He’s history shortly

#397 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

As much as I like to hate on the goalies, we lack majority in defence.

Looks like Hutchinson won't be going anywhere yet. Anderson isn't traveling with the team due to an apparent neck injury and is listed as day-to-day.

#398 4 years ago

What a sick goal by Barzal!!

#399 4 years ago

Go Sharks!!!

IMG_20200206_1908566.jpgIMG_20200206_1908566.jpg
#400 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Go Sharks!!![quoted image]

Wow Sharks bitch slapping Oilers

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/8?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.