5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 511 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Blitzburgh99
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 59 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled.jpg
B437FC7A-0C1C-4670-92FD-CA9964D50979 (resized).jpeg
7CFE9DDC-506B-491B-9AD4-E73D90E707D5 (resized).jpeg
6126E74F-166C-40C1-ACDF-93B1B1D88622 (resized).jpeg
ERmsXheVAAEKWA6.jpg
Screenshot_20200224-223314.png
DDBF26CA-B20D-4957-8918-20C616EC20FD (resized).jpeg
64F088FB-9498-4356-9968-62DCC641F8BC (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200206_1908566.jpg
E3806C65-DC2A-4F0F-8BAC-BD0713753BB5 (resized).jpeg
Bobby Hull hockey game (resized).jpg
547CCC31-6D2B-4C7F-8DBF-0CA5DED0B03D (resized).jpeg
64442391-5275-40B1-98DD-24EE086CBE15 (resized).jpeg
93A0E954-9A41-443C-AD37-F8573A72A413 (resized).jpeg
EPaStocUEAAKHhq.jpg
20200124_191826 (resized).jpg

There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.
#301 44 days ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

unless he for some reason decides to go back to Russia.

He's chasing Gretzky....there's no way he's going back to Russia.

#302 44 days ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Im happy they signed Backstrom. Holtby has been great, but his time here is done. It will be interesting what they do next year with Ovechkin going UFA. I dont have any reason to think he leaves the Caps, especially being in a position to POSSIBLY catch Gretzky, unless he for some reason decides to go back to Russia.

I can't but think Backstrom's decision to stay a Cap was in large part due to him continuing to play with Ovie thus one would think Backstrom talked to Ovie and got some insight as to his plans. I think if Ovie was looking to go anywhere else ww would've seen a different outcome to Backstrom's deal.

As for Ovie going anywhere else, he's said before he plans to retire as a Cap. Only reason I could foresee him leaving was to go to a team to win a Cup. He's done that. The other reason is to go back to Russia and play but I think Kovalchuk doing that as well as Jagr going back to Czech has taught players it's not the route to go.

#303 44 days ago

Coach Gallant FIRED from the GK’s..the team is currently outside the playoffs, but just 4 points from 2nd in the conference..weird timing, yet he’s still a coach for the all star game? And replaced w Deboer?

#304 44 days ago

On topic sort of, who wants to sell me slap shot by data East . Now back to your regularly scheduled program

#305 44 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Coach Gallant FIRED from the GK’s..the team is currently outside the playoffs, but just 4 points from 2nd in the conference..weird timing, yet he’s still a coach for the all star game? And replaced w Deboer?

That firing is really odd to me. Is his firing performance related or did he do something "unprofessional?"

#306 44 days ago

Asst Mike Kelly also fired so appears it was a clean coaching staff out of Vegas

#307 44 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

As a Rangers fan I think you look past the playoffs this year as they just don't have the team to go far but in another year or two, if they keep it together, the Rangers will have a really good team.

Yeah, i wasn't really thinking playoffs this year at the beginning of the year, but the more i see them play, i think they have a legit shot. Plus Brady Skjei is "family" so i want them to do well and get some more playoff experience

#308 44 days ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Is his firing performance related or did he do something "unprofessional?"

It's just been confirmed that his firing has been performance based.

#309 44 days ago

3 coaches have been fired this year after losing to the Sabres.

Kind of insulting to the Sabres isn't it? Lol

#310 44 days ago

its not Gallant...it’s the crazy owners
I remember working for a company where the owner was a pilot and had friends with the Canadian snowbirds...blah blah blah...one day he said ask your customers if they would like a picture of their building from a helicopter...He said the customer would have to pay for The fuel! ...another day I saw him leaning at reception in his flight suit. I said hey Richard I didn’t know we has a landing pad on top of our building,,,,I was fired shortly after.

#311 44 days ago

Is it just me or does Tony Luftman make watching the NHL Channel impossible? Guy tries harder to be a personality then just reporting.

#312 44 days ago

Tony Lufthansa? Never heard of him. Ex player?

#313 44 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Tony Lufthansa? Never heard of him. Ex player?

Apparently he was a failed basketball player turned announcer. He might be only for the NHL broadcast here in the States so consider yourself lucky. I use to watch the "Pre-Skate" broadcast daily but since he joined NHL I cant watch him. If you ever had that guy that's always in your face and quirky, that's Tony but add 6 cans of red bull

#314 44 days ago

That would be pretty annoying

#315 44 days ago

I would rather listen to mad mike
Smacking the fan with his shoe I’ll never forget!

#316 44 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I would rather listen to mad mike

Smacking the fan with his shoe I’ll never forget!

#317 44 days ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Yeah, i wasn't really thinking playoffs this year at the beginning of the year, but the more i see them play, i think they have a legit shot. Plus Brady Skjei is "family" so i want them to do well and get some more playoff experience

Right on! I’ll be rooting for Brady

#318 44 days ago

Tim & Sid on the Gallant firing.

#319 43 days ago

Curious to see who we lose on all of our teams to the Seattle team expansion draft this year as well

#320 42 days ago

WTF are the Rangers doing with 3 goalies now? Georgiev was OUT OF HIS MIND last night. What a win. Gotta keep Kreider but might just wind up losing him to free agency. Hank needs to retire or agree on a trade. This is going to get messy.

#321 42 days ago

After last night's game, Rittick should be spelled Ridic.

He was on fire last night

#322 42 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

WTF are the Rangers doing with 3 goalies now? Georgiev was OUT OF HIS MIND last night. What a win. Gotta keep Kreider but might just wind up losing him to free agency. Hank needs to retire or agree on a trade. This is going to get messy.

Yep, gotta keep Kreider if at all possible

#323 42 days ago

Picked the wrong game to goto against jersey haha. Either way my son had fun at his first nhl game. These are from last Saturday when the Caps lost.

449C53AF-E987-421E-8F09-D6512C53CE74 (resized).jpeg46E374D1-203F-4E4A-8DA2-0E2EA0EDC205 (resized).jpeg
#324 42 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Cuz they want to keep the two young ones but are stuck with Henrik.

#325 42 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

I can't but think Backstrom's decision to stay a Cap was in large part due to him continuing to play with Ovie thus one would think Backstrom talked to Ovie and got some insight as to his plans. I think if Ovie was looking to go anywhere else ww would've seen a different outcome to Backstrom's deal.
As for Ovie going anywhere else, he's said before he plans to retire as a Cap. Only reason I could foresee him leaving was to go to a team to win a Cup. He's done that. The other reason is to go back to Russia and play but I think Kovalchuk doing that as well as Jagr going back to Czech has taught players it's not the route to go.

Yea im sure that has a lot to do it. The Russia thing always been my personal opinion of why he would leave DC.

its crazy he could be the 7-8th goal scorer of all-time by the end of the year. Dude is a monster and it never gets old watching that one timer from the top of the circle!

#326 42 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Cuz they want to keep the two young ones but are stuck with Henrik.

If they keep both young goalies they will lose 1 in the expansion draft.

#327 41 days ago

Hockey players are tough as nails!!

#328 40 days ago

Me and my buddy watching some NFL

1A28B6C4-2A5F-4AF6-9D9D-9BF460A0B867 (resized).jpeg596054D3-7CAE-45C4-B8D6-6B787CB1D27F (resized).jpeg
#329 38 days ago

Leafs out of playoffs ??? I told you Bernie and Dubas are a disaster.

#330 38 days ago

The Leafs need the Bacon

#331 37 days ago

Fun game, took 45 minutes to get out of the parking lot. Philly needs to figure that shit out, its been the same way for as long as I can remember. I also got an Oskar shirt, and my wife promptly stole it from me.

EDIT: For clarification, I ordered the shirt on line and it took 6 weeks to get. They werent selling them at the game this time.

2020-01-21 (resized).jpgoskar (resized).jpg

#332 35 days ago

Skills Competition...... what a snooze fest.

#333 35 days ago

Then dont watch it

#334 35 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Skills Competition...... what a snooze fest.

Not when you are there.

20200124_191826 (resized).jpg20200124_192511 (resized).jpg
#335 33 days ago
Quoted from SewerUrchin:

Not when you are there.[quoted image][quoted image]

Seriously, glad you enjoyed it! Watching on TV it was, for me, boring! Not to sound chauvinistic but going to the NHL All Star Game and having to watch 3 on 3 Woman's hockey for over a half hour ........ is just not for me. Apologies but it's the NHL All Star Game and not the Elite Woman's All Star Game.

#336 33 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Seriously, glad you enjoyed it! Watching on TV it was, for me, boring! Not to sound chauvinistic but going to the NHL All Star Game and having to watch 3 on 3 Woman's hockey for over a half hour ........ is just not for me. Apologies but it's the NHL All Star Game and not the Elite Woman's All Star Game.

Why was women playing in a NHL all star game? Was there an actual NHL game that happened also? Do they play hard or do they slack off like the NFL does in the pro bowl?

#337 32 days ago

NHL All Star games are basically non-contact offensive explosions. 4 teams, 2 teams play each other, the other 2 play each other, and the winner of those 2 games play each other. Each game is 20 minutes long , total of 60 minutes (the length of a regular game) and the combined output was 38 goals this year. The games are also 3 on 3 instead of 5 on 5 so there's much more open ice.

The women had their own allstar game, basically canada vs usa; they didnt play the men.

#338 32 days ago

All-Star game Is Great for fans in attendance. Hockey players playing shinny isn’t very interesting to watch on tv. The shooting pad In the stands was weird. Good for the Ladies but Canada vs. USA Gets tiring. More countries need to invest in competitive Women’s teams. I watched my god daughter play for years and it was really fun to watch.

#339 31 days ago

Kobe Bryant ....will I able to stop crying next week...is that ok world?

#340 31 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Kobe Bryant ....will I able to stop crying next week...is that ok world?

Here's something to lift your spirits!

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/ed-belfour-arrested-mischief-alcohol-charges-1.5443596

(the mugshot is scary)

#341 31 days ago

Kid stands in line for hours to have his McDavid jersey signed. Gets to McDavid and is told he won't sign the jersey. Signs a piece of scrap paper for the kid instead.

The kids response is epic!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ianseggie/status/1222299212064247808?s=21

#342 31 days ago

What was the reason to not sign his jersey?

#343 31 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

What was the reason to not sign his jersey?

Apparently it was a "contractual obligation"....but he signed another kids jersey earlier.

EPaStocUEAAKHhq.jpg
#344 31 days ago

what a jerk , I used to referee him when he played AAA in Newmarket where his family lives, at the 9 and 10 years of age .These guys just don't realize what this does to their brand . Someone like Gretzky will step up and give him a signed jersey . I hope it that video of the kid throwing away the jersey goes viral . There are lessons to be learned !

#345 31 days ago
Quoted from luch:

These guys just don't realize what this does to their brand .

Exactly!!

#346 31 days ago
Quoted from luch:

what a jerk , I used to referee him when he played AAA in Newmarket where his family lives, at the 9 and 10 years of age .These guys just don't realize what this does to their brand . Someone like Gretzky will step up and give him a signed jersey . I hope it that video of the kid throwing away the jersey goes viral . There are lessons to be learned !

I dont know the whole deal behind this as for all we know after McDavid signed the first jersey maybe, whoever was responsible for the signing, told him to keep it to just signing the cards. We all sit here and think what a jerk he is but it might be out of his control. Also, a lot more athletes are refusing to sign jerseys and other memorabilia due to professional autograph seekers now paying kids to get autographs for them so the can turn around and sell them at auctions and online. You'll also see a lot of athletes now making, whatever they sign, personal so that people can't turn around and sell the item.

In short ..... no matter what people do today someone is not happy ...... case in point look at the post here on Pinside

#347 31 days ago

then why did the kid throw away the jersey !

#348 31 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

I dont know the whole deal behind this as for all we know after McDavid signed the first jersey maybe, whoever was responsible for the signing, told him to keep it to just signing the cards. We all sit here and think what a jerk he is but it might be out of his control. Also, a lot more athletes are refusing to sign jerseys and other memorabilia due to professional autograph seekers now paying kids to get autographs for them so the can turn around and sell them at auctions and online. You'll also see a lot of athletes now making, whatever they sign, personal so that people can't turn around and sell the item.
In short ..... no matter what people do today someone is not happy ...... case in point look at the post here on Pinside

Then why have an autograph session?

#349 30 days ago
Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Then why have an autograph session?

To sign the cards ...... looking at the picture he has a stack of McDavid UPPER DECK Cards so it might have been an autograph session that was put on by Upper Deck. In the States autograph sessions are often sponsored by a company and they can dictate as to what the player is to sign. Again, I am speculating here as most athletes don't care as to what they sign. Who knows maybe McDavid had a bad game the night before or was hungover! I do know that kid is probably a new proud owner of a Crosby jersey

#350 30 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

To sign the cards ...... looking at the picture he has a stack of McDavid UPPER DECK Cards so it might have been an autograph session that was put on by Upper Deck. In the States autograph sessions are often sponsored by a company and they can dictate as to what the player is to sign. Again, I am speculating here as most athletes don't care as to what they sign. Who knows maybe McDavid had a bad game the night before or was hungover! I do know that kid is probably a new proud owner of a Crosby jersey

I understand what you're saying and don't disagree. But in my mind it just looks bad on the player and their brand. These kids idolize these players and spend tons of time and money (most likely their parents) on tickets/merchandise and it allows the likes of McDavid to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

The kid wasn't asking him to sign something ridiculous....it was Oilers merchandise.

The lawyers/owners/corporate don't wear the heat....it's the player who does. And they probably lost a fan over it. He will naturally gravitate to another team...maybe it'll be the Pens.

The saying "never meet your idols/heros" comes to mind.

My 5 cents.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
€ 4.20
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 199.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 100.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
There are 511 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside