4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.
#251 4 years ago

Hall a yote

#252 4 years ago

OILERS!!!

IMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpgIMG_20191216_175111 (resized).jpg
#253 4 years ago

Blue Jackets finally played a good game tonight. Hockey is so awesome, cant believe more people wont give it a chance. I was one of those people so I cant say anything but I'm glad I have discovered how good that it is.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from CanadianPinball:

He's a handful but bring the guy home, Muzzin is not the answer to a top tier D-Man.

I've thought muzzin was garbage from day one with the leafs

He stumbles, has horrible giveaways, and more often than not let's the puck go.

And worse, once it's past him, he would rather shrug his shoulders with an "oopsie"

He and phaneuf would be a wonderful couple

#255 4 years ago

Leafs win tonight but I did inhale chem-trails I noticed dropped on the weekend over my town

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Blue Jackets finally played a good game tonight. Hockey is so awesome, cant believe more people wont give it a chance. I was one of those people so I cant say anything but I'm glad I have discovered how good that it is.

New TV clarity (4k) helps a lot for newbies following the puck

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

New TV clarity (4k) helps a lot for newbies following the puck

You mean you want the fox sports glowing dot?

#258 4 years ago

fix ! let me fix your fix to Fox

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from luch:

fix ! let me fix your fix to Fox

Was autocorrect.

Just like when I call you lunch!

#260 4 years ago

lunch ! what time ? where too !

#261 4 years ago

Won’t be Swiss chalet! 18 bucks for a 1/2 chicken dinner take out???

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Won’t be Swiss chalet! 18 bucks for a 1/2 chicken dinner take out???

i call it swiss pigeon , i have no idea how they get the chickens so small !

1 week later
#263 4 years ago

Doors securely locked. Worried about fires and looting after 6 -0 drubbing by team Russia

1 week later
#264 4 years ago

Having a blast watching Team Canada vs Russia for Gold!

1578249544147 (resized).jpg1578249544147 (resized).jpg
#265 4 years ago

I really like Gord Miller & Ferraro announcing the Jr’s..

#266 4 years ago

I cant jinx the Flyers by posting about them now, cause they are doing terrible lately

#267 4 years ago

Ferraro is great agreed...met him at a leaf game. Nice guy and I commented on his above average hockey iq and anecdotes
I remember gord miller’s first broadcast on tsn with Gino redda

#268 4 years ago

McDavid just schooled Morgan Reilly and if you're a Leafs fan you have to love the move, it was that good!

#269 4 years ago

Got my money back on the Oilers win!!! That goal was a beauty, fun game to watch too. They said it was going to be a low scoring affair lol...

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

McDavid just schooled Morgan Reilly and if you're a Leafs fan you have to love the move, it was that good!

That was sick

#271 4 years ago

McDavid has the most raw skill...it's insane! Imagine if he played for a good team? I feel bad for him playing for the Coilers.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

McDavid has the most raw skill...it's insane! Imagine if he played for a good team? I feel bad for him playing for the Coilers.

He’s got a pretty good line mate in Draisatl..glad I’m home early to catch the nux play the lighting. 2nd time in nhl history that 2 teams w 7 wins in a row play each other..

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

He’s got a pretty good line mate in Draisatl..glad I’m home early to catch the nux play the lighting. 2nd time in nhl history that 2 teams w 7 wins in a row play each other..

Are you still glad? hahahahah 9-2...ouch.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

That was a beat down of epic proportions. Lol

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

It was a good 1st period..then just an implosion..it’s a long season, and hopefully the boys get their shit together soon on this road trip..

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Lemieux played for a team of no names when he started. He made the team better around him. McDavid has the skill to do the same. Edmonton made a few ill advised trades.

#277 4 years ago

Don’t forget about them Blue Jackets guys, they are on a roll right now!

#278 4 years ago

5-3 win for Shesterkin's debut. Passing of the torch has begun. #LGR

igor-shesterkin-l-and-henrik-lundqvist (resized).jpgigor-shesterkin-l-and-henrik-lundqvist (resized).jpg
#279 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

5-3 win for Shesterkin's debut. Passing of the torch has begun. #LGR[quoted image]

I think he looked pretty good for his NHL debut. Now they just need to make the playoffs already. .

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I think he looked pretty good for his NHL debut. Now they just need to make the playoffs already. .

Yeah especially after the 0-2 hole at the start. Seems like a calm net minder.

They've put together a lot of good pieces. Youngest team in the league. Have a lot of teams to leapfrog for the wild card. I still expect them to be sellers at the deadline (Kreider and Georgiev), so they'll get some more draft picks.

#281 4 years ago

Yeah especially after the 0-2 hole at the start. Seems like a calm net minder.
They've put together a lot of good pieces. Youngest team in the league. Have a lot of teams to leapfrog for the wild card. I still expect them to be sellers at the deadline (Kreider and Georgiev), so they'll get some more draft picks.

VERY young team indeed. Not real sure they'll move Georgiev. Kreider, good possibility. Hate to loose either but they don't need 3 goaltenders. Also just tired of moving guys at the trade deadline every year. This team looks nothing like it did 3 years ago. We need to make the playoffs this year dammit

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

VERY young team indeed. Not real sure they'll move Georgiev. Kreider, good possibility. Hate to loose either but they don't need 3 goaltenders. Also just tired of moving guys at the trade deadline every year. This team looks nothing like it did 3 years ago. We need to make the playoffs this year dammit

Have to move Georgiev now though. Can't be sent down.

#283 4 years ago

Have to move Georgiev now though. Can't be sent down.

As much as i love Hank, and for how much he means to that team, might be his time to play for a serious contender? He's probably down to his last season or 2. I know he wants to stay though, just don't think they'll be serious playoff contenders for another year or 2. Like to see him with a ring.

#284 4 years ago

Off to see my Pens vs Yotes tonight. We saw the Flyers last week vs yotes. Maybe Crosby returns.

#285 4 years ago

Tkachuk is such a little bitch, but he did lay out Kassian a couple times, I actually wouldn't mind having him on our team, just don't tell anyone

kass (resized).jpgkass (resized).jpg
#286 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Tkachuk is such a little bitch, but he did lay out Kassian a couple times, I actually wouldn't mind having him on our team, just don't tell anyone [quoted image]

He's a super pest! Hate to play against him but would want him on your team.

He played Kassian like a fiddle last night to get his team the win.

#287 4 years ago

Morgan Rielly out minimum 8 weeks!

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

As much as i love Hank, and for how much he means to that team, might be his time to play for a serious contender? He's probably down to his last season or 2. I know he wants to stay though, just don't think they'll be serious playoff contenders for another year or 2. Like to see him with a ring.

Let’s be honest here, the only reason the Rangers have a goalie “issue” is due to the self proclaimed King has a clause in his contract that doesn’t allow the Rangers to get rid of him or send him down for the duration of his contract. If Henrik cared at all for the Rangers Organization he would retire.

The Rangers have a solid young team and Henrik doesn’t fit into that team but, hopefully I’m wrong, he doesn’t care as his ego won’t let him do the right thing.

#289 4 years ago

#290 4 years ago

Man that's funny, couldn't happen to a better person.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Let’s be honest here, the only reason the Rangers have a goalie “issue” is due to the self proclaimed King has a clause in his contract that doesn’t allow the Rangers to get rid of him or send him down for the duration of his contract. If Henrik cared at all for the Rangers Organization he would retire.
The Rangers have a solid young team and Henrik doesn’t fit into that team but, hopefully I’m wrong, he doesn’t care as his ego won’t let him do the right thing.

At the end of the day it's a business. Would you just leave your job and give up a boat load of cash for the good of your employer? The Rangers have the option to buy him out. Not ideal, but probably not the worst idea ever.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

At the end of the day it's a business. Would you just leave your job and give up a boat load of cash for the good of your employer? The Rangers have the option to buy him out. Not ideal, but probably not the worst idea ever.

oh yeah I agree with ya. Dont blame him as it's the team that made the decision to do this. Henrik is at the end of his career and, at this point, is a backup goalie. Will be interesting to see what the Rangers do with the situation. It's like the Fleury deal in Pittsburgh where they had the choice of keeping an older Fleury or going with the youth in Murray. With the Rangers though you're not going to find someone to pickup Henrik's contract with the numbers he has.

#293 4 years ago

Congrats to Backstrom and the Caps .... retaining him is big and good to see he made the deal himself. He probably could've got more going somewhere else but he stated he wanted to stay in DC.

With that signing you have to think Holtby is on borrowed time as his numbers are down and they're paying him too much for backup goalie numbers! Plus if you're the Caps why keep him when you have a backup with better numbers, less pay and not to mention younger in age!

#294 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Congrats to Backstrom and the Caps .... retaining him is big and good to see he made the deal himself. He probably could've got more going somewhere else but he stated he wanted to stay in DC.

Probably saved a cool 2.5 mill+ with no agent.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably saved a cool 2.5 mill+ with no agent.

Easily as most agent would get 10% minimum I would assume. 45 mil deal so more like 4.5. Again, assuming here

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Easily as most agent would get 10% minimum I would assume. 45 mil deal so more like 4.5. Again, assuming here

Yeah I assumed 10% but I looked it up once source said hockey is usually 4-6%, so I just went with that.

But I did learn this.."...the National Football League states that an agent can't receive more than 3 percent of player salaries."
Whom knew!

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I'd be so hard to see the NYR winning The Cup w/o Hank. I mean, I'd get over it quickly, but still.

Kreider and Fast are probably gone as much as it kills me. Gotta shell out for D'Angelo this off-season b/c he's got elite offensive skill for a D-man.

#298 4 years ago

I'd be so hard to see the NYR winning The Cup w/o Hank. I mean, I'd get over it quickly, but still.
Kreider and Fast are probably gone as much as it kills me. Gotta shell out for D'Angelo this off-season b/c he's got elite offensive skill for a D-man.

Agreed. Really hate to loose Kreider especially. He's having a good year too. There gonna need scoring to get to the playoffs, and they need more than just Panarin and Mika putting it in the net. Overall a lot of there D-men are offensively gifted, Trouba, D'Angelo, Fox and my favorite Brady Skjei. I think they need to find a way to keep Kreider. This team is getting better every week, and he's an important piece to this team. Don't think there very far away from being a contender. Maybe next next year?

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Agreed. Really hate to loose Kreider especially. He's having a good year too. There gonna need scoring to get to the playoffs, and they need more than just Panarin and Mika putting it in the net. Overall a lot of there D-men are offensively gifted, Trouba, D'Angelo, Fox and my favorite Brady Skjei. I think they need to find a way to keep Kreider. This team is getting better every week, and he's an important piece to this team. Don't think there very far away from being a contender. Maybe next next year?

As a Rangers fan I think you look past the playoffs this year as they just don't have the team to go far but in another year or two, if they keep it together, the Rangers will have a really good team. Rumors have Kreider possibly going to Pittsburgh. With Guentzel on IR it frees up his money which will allow to pick someone like Kreider up.

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

With that signing you have to think Holtby is on borrowed time as his numbers are down and they're paying him too much for backup goalie numbers! Plus if you're the Caps why keep him when you have a backup with better numbers, less pay and not to mention younger in age!

Im happy they signed Backstrom. Holtby has been great, but his time here is done. It will be interesting what they do next year with Ovechkin going UFA. I dont have any reason to think he leaves the Caps, especially being in a position to POSSIBLY catch Gretzky, unless he for some reason decides to go back to Russia.

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/6?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.