4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Babs definitely on the hot seat. Sheldon Keefe, a personal friend of Dubas will be the next coach of the leafs...may as well do it now. Waiting doesn't make sense at all.

They should be patient..their dealing w some injuries..BUT if they wanna mix it up, I’d like to see vancouver trade markstrom n tanev for Barrie n a young marlie scoring forward...ahhhh, to be a GM...

#152 4 years ago

who wants Nylander. Too busy posting golf pics ..Is this the new NHL filled with players more interested in their phones than winning hockey games? Dubas reign has been a disaster and Shanahan is like a ghost. I never see or hear from the guy. Is he alive?

#153 4 years ago

Shanahans reminds me of weekend at bernies. . Travels all over that's about it.
That's my new name for him

#154 4 years ago

Babcock gone by December
The media is brutal. Not good when your coach starts speaking in third person.

#155 4 years ago

Just in: babock fired.

#156 4 years ago

Can't believe my timing..LOL

#157 4 years ago

It was bound to happen the minute Babcock began referring to himself in the third person.

#158 4 years ago

Is Brian Burke running the Leafs through the media? ?

#159 4 years ago

Bernie flew to Arizona. Of course he did.

#160 4 years ago

Lil surprised..lil premature I dunno. But to make Shanahan make the announcement instead of Dubas...he should take a lot of blame on this team w the big signings/contracts given to Tavares, Mathews, Marner & Nylander..

#161 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

he should take a lot of blame on this team w the big signings/contracts given to Tavares, Mathews, Marner & Nylander..

Just a different opinion here, I don't think you can blame Dubas. I look at it as ... he signed a lot of top players to make a wining team and something is off that the Leafs aren't winning. On paper the Leafs look great and you wonder how they're not a winning team. Sometimes a team does not respond to a coach. Look at the 2009 and 2016 Penguins, both years the Penguins had very good teams and both years the Penguins fired the coach mid year......both years they won the Cup. Sometimes it's the coach and the system he's trying to implement.

I think Babcock is a good coach and he'll find another job, if he wants it, in no time but he wasn't a fit for this younger Leafs team. Also, take into consideration he's only won one Cup (2008). It's not like he was a guarantee to take the Leafs to the promise land!

#162 4 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just a different opinion here, I don't think you can blame Dubas. I look at it as ... he signed a lot of top players to make a wining team and something is off that the Leafs aren't winning. On paper the Leafs look great and you wonder how they're not a winning team. Sometimes a team does not respond to a coach. Look at the 2009 and 2016 Penguins, both years the Penguins had very good teams and both years the Penguins fired the coach mid year......both years they won the Cup. Sometimes it's the coach and the system he's trying to implement.
I think Babcock is a good coach and he'll find another job, if he wants it, in no time but he wasn't a fit for this younger Leafs team. Also, take into consideration he's only won one Cup (2008). It's not like he was a guarantee to take the Leafs to the promise land!

They’ve had a few pretty good reg. seasons under Babs, but just to get eliminated in the 1st round..their D isn’t a strong unit, and w out Anderson between the pipes they struggle. I look at Quennville when he was w the hawks; solid team w studs everywhere. He didn’t get it done either. I think that he’s a heck of a coach too. I think that coaches have a certain amount of time w the team before it gets stale/doesn’t work..

#163 4 years ago

Cyborg-kids now ..treated like royalty . Please may I never see a Tristan Thompson hockey player. At least subban has a personality..but hold off on the entertainment-business-puck bunnies-yaht trips until you have won a stanley cup.

#164 4 years ago

Bernie and dubas should of said no to nylander and marner outrageous demands.
Have you watched leaf games ?? Minor - Midget marner is like a fly defensively and he's hurt ...he's hurt because the rigors if nhl Toll hard on your body and marner is no Patrick kane.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have you watched leaf games ?? Minor - Midget marner is like a fly

Kinda like Gaudreau here in Calgary,rumor has it he wants to go back east to any team in the jersey area....

#166 4 years ago

Taylor Hall straight up for Johnny hockey
Taylor revenge on the oilers every 2 weeks.

#167 4 years ago

Now other GMS are not too happy with the Leafs...go figure. If you have never played the game you should not be GM.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Taylor Hall straight up for Johnny hockey
Taylor revenge on the oilers every 2 weeks.

That is what the pundits are saying but Hall was run out of the chuck due to locker room antic's, again so it was "rumored" so not sure its good for Calgary to go down that road....

#169 4 years ago

Haaha radio around here saying it's way shannahans best day firing Babcock cause he hates him so much

#170 4 years ago

The Leafs blew the shutout tonight with 15secs left and cost me 10 extra fantasy points as would have been a shutout as has the goalie. Bummer and I watched it happen the last 5 mins after the Pens lost in OT.

#171 4 years ago

Leafs talk is insane
Please stop talking about Babcock firing.
Dubas was really nervous on tv
Felt sorry for him.
If you break down his words they are brutal
My camp is fire Dubas.

#172 4 years ago

Yeah I'm not bitter about Dubas letting Kadri and Leivo go....what a bone head

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yeah I'm not bitter about Dubas letting Kadri and Leivo go....what a bone head

Leivo is doing alright here w the Canucks..11 points in 23 games..some nights he stands out, at times he does his Louie Erickson n disappears. The talent is there, and he’s a decent skater..

#174 4 years ago

I was going to ask you for opinion. ...he's really good along the boards.thought he'd have more goals by now

#175 4 years ago

Looking at my backyardright now and a big tree (josh grew up next door and very close friends with my son same age..same schools ..same friends ...that tree they said they would climb when I needed their help!!! Lol

15744598997671873155827 (resized).jpg15744598997671873155827 (resized).jpg
#176 4 years ago

I like Leivo..he’s a big body, and knows how to play. Coach Green has been making adjustments w injuries n all, but he mostly plays w Horvat. The line is streaky, but still hard checking/battling for the puck. The effort is there most nights..goals/points will come for that line..

#177 4 years ago

Eddie Shack was here at my local Sports Bar Tonight selling his book $40. "Hockey's Most Interesting Stories". I love Don Cherry & asked if I could get a special dedication on the opposite page of his autograph. His female assistant does the signing work, & asked him it was ok. Great guy to talk with & he said he enjoyed the local Mooseheads hockey game. A book I will enjoy the rest of my life with the personal Don Cherry commentary I asked for! Don Cherry is the best __________ on the boards!

#178 4 years ago

I would appreciate it if Don cherry would contribute to the hockey news. another call to the publisher!

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I like Leivo..he’s a big body, and knows how to play. Coach Green has been making adjustments w injuries n all, but he mostly plays w Horvat. The line is streaky, but still hard checking/battling for the puck. The effort is there most nights..goals/points will come for that line..

Moved off 5 on 3 powerplay..come on Josh!

#180 4 years ago

What a scandal breaking in the NHL...abuse , hazing ..who's the next coach of Calgary??
Babcock apparently is not "comfortable " in his own skin like his past tv commercial suggests

#181 4 years ago

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

#182 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

Me too..go Canucks!

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Me too..go Canucks!

Ha yeah right those nunchucks no chance

#184 4 years ago

Nunchucks?! 1st time I heard that 1..

#185 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I actually call them canuckas to my neighbor next store who is a Leafs fan

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

#MeToo

#187 4 years ago

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

#188 4 years ago

Dammit I was going to make a joke to warm up the chili but I didn't, so no glory for me.

#189 4 years ago

Sheldon Keefe was the perfect elixir to get the Leafs back on track to make the playoffs. When I played, even missing a practice I would feel it in my legs the next game. Andersen should play until he says no. Games off or time off is not necessarily a good thing

#190 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

Yes indeed did not see that coming at all either way

#191 4 years ago

Kudos to Keefe for giving Hutchinson a chance, but he kinda blew it.

#192 4 years ago

Nisky's post game interview was hilarious
nisky (resized).pngnisky (resized).png
"Its not as bad as it looks!"

#193 4 years ago

Bruins dominate

#194 4 years ago

Go Blue Jackets!

I dont know shit about hockey because I just started getting into it but I am having a blast watching it now, doesnt even matter what teams are playing, it's always fun. I'm just going to root for the Blue Jackets since they are my home team. They seem to be fairly decent.

#195 4 years ago

My favorite to win the cup since start of the season and yes coming from a Pens Fan but a fan of hockey who watches all playoffs even if team is out.

#196 4 years ago

I know they say some people resemble their pets....but a coach resembling their team logo?? Never seen that before.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mIZ66Dg7ESa.jpgimgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mIZ66Dg7ESa.jpg
#197 4 years ago

I miss the Nordiques and Whalers.

#199 4 years ago

Big night here in Vancouver..Alex Burrows goes to the ring of honour..loved by his fans here, other cities, not as much..1 of the best stories in all of sports really..

D9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpegD9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpeg
#200 4 years ago

I think the Blue Jackets are tanking.

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/4?hl=mymalibu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.