83 days ago

Topic Stats

• 223 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by TheHueManatee
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
D9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpeg
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mIZ66Dg7ESa.jpg
nisky (resized).png
15744598997671873155827 (resized).jpg
1573503213065740707736 (resized).jpg
BOO (resized).jpg
oil (resized).jpg
81F69833-F671-4006-A432-403402A56BFF (resized).jpeg
0DB9DA8F-3B39-4895-92F0-BA91D7BD36E5 (resized).jpeg
447E7798-E64F-4D57-844B-8600162A03B5 (resized).jpeg
242BBD56-3C79-4445-9712-2AF98C9A82AB (resized).jpeg
3952C094-411F-4950-80B2-938F14036517 (resized).jpeg
20191011_150427 (resized).jpg
20191011_150520 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191010_005254.jpg

There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 22 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Babs definitely on the hot seat. Sheldon Keefe, a personal friend of Dubas will be the next coach of the leafs...may as well do it now. Waiting doesn't make sense at all.

They should be patient..their dealing w some injuries..BUT if they wanna mix it up, I’d like to see vancouver trade markstrom n tanev for Barrie n a young marlie scoring forward...ahhhh, to be a GM...

#152 22 days ago

who wants Nylander. Too busy posting golf pics ..Is this the new NHL filled with players more interested in their phones than winning hockey games? Dubas reign has been a disaster and Shanahan is like a ghost. I never see or hear from the guy. Is he alive?

#153 21 days ago

Shanahans reminds me of weekend at bernies. . Travels all over that's about it.
That's my new name for him

#154 20 days ago

Babcock gone by December
The media is brutal. Not good when your coach starts speaking in third person.

#155 20 days ago

Just in: babock fired.

#156 20 days ago

Can't believe my timing..LOL

#157 20 days ago

It was bound to happen the minute Babcock began referring to himself in the third person.

#158 20 days ago

Is Brian Burke running the Leafs through the media? ?

#159 20 days ago

Bernie flew to Arizona. Of course he did.

#160 19 days ago

Lil surprised..lil premature I dunno. But to make Shanahan make the announcement instead of Dubas...he should take a lot of blame on this team w the big signings/contracts given to Tavares, Mathews, Marner & Nylander..

#161 19 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

he should take a lot of blame on this team w the big signings/contracts given to Tavares, Mathews, Marner & Nylander..

Just a different opinion here, I don't think you can blame Dubas. I look at it as ... he signed a lot of top players to make a wining team and something is off that the Leafs aren't winning. On paper the Leafs look great and you wonder how they're not a winning team. Sometimes a team does not respond to a coach. Look at the 2009 and 2016 Penguins, both years the Penguins had very good teams and both years the Penguins fired the coach mid year......both years they won the Cup. Sometimes it's the coach and the system he's trying to implement.

I think Babcock is a good coach and he'll find another job, if he wants it, in no time but he wasn't a fit for this younger Leafs team. Also, take into consideration he's only won one Cup (2008). It's not like he was a guarantee to take the Leafs to the promise land!

#162 19 days ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just a different opinion here, I don't think you can blame Dubas. I look at it as ... he signed a lot of top players to make a wining team and something is off that the Leafs aren't winning. On paper the Leafs look great and you wonder how they're not a winning team. Sometimes a team does not respond to a coach. Look at the 2009 and 2016 Penguins, both years the Penguins had very good teams and both years the Penguins fired the coach mid year......both years they won the Cup. Sometimes it's the coach and the system he's trying to implement.
I think Babcock is a good coach and he'll find another job, if he wants it, in no time but he wasn't a fit for this younger Leafs team. Also, take into consideration he's only won one Cup (2008). It's not like he was a guarantee to take the Leafs to the promise land!

They’ve had a few pretty good reg. seasons under Babs, but just to get eliminated in the 1st round..their D isn’t a strong unit, and w out Anderson between the pipes they struggle. I look at Quennville when he was w the hawks; solid team w studs everywhere. He didn’t get it done either. I think that he’s a heck of a coach too. I think that coaches have a certain amount of time w the team before it gets stale/doesn’t work..

#163 19 days ago

Cyborg-kids now ..treated like royalty . Please may I never see a Tristan Thompson hockey player. At least subban has a personality..but hold off on the entertainment-business-puck bunnies-yaht trips until you have won a stanley cup.

#164 19 days ago

Bernie and dubas should of said no to nylander and marner outrageous demands.
Have you watched leaf games ?? Minor - Midget marner is like a fly defensively and he's hurt ...he's hurt because the rigors if nhl Toll hard on your body and marner is no Patrick kane.

#165 19 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Have you watched leaf games ?? Minor - Midget marner is like a fly

Kinda like Gaudreau here in Calgary,rumor has it he wants to go back east to any team in the jersey area....

#166 19 days ago

Taylor Hall straight up for Johnny hockey
Taylor revenge on the oilers every 2 weeks.

#167 19 days ago

Now other GMS are not too happy with the Leafs...go figure. If you have never played the game you should not be GM.

#168 19 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Taylor Hall straight up for Johnny hockey
Taylor revenge on the oilers every 2 weeks.

That is what the pundits are saying but Hall was run out of the chuck due to locker room antic's, again so it was "rumored" so not sure its good for Calgary to go down that road....

#169 19 days ago

Haaha radio around here saying it's way shannahans best day firing Babcock cause he hates him so much

#170 18 days ago

The Leafs blew the shutout tonight with 15secs left and cost me 10 extra fantasy points as would have been a shutout as has the goalie. Bummer and I watched it happen the last 5 mins after the Pens lost in OT.

#171 18 days ago

Leafs talk is insane
Please stop talking about Babcock firing.
Dubas was really nervous on tv
Felt sorry for him.
If you break down his words they are brutal
My camp is fire Dubas.

#172 18 days ago

Yeah I'm not bitter about Dubas letting Kadri and Leivo go....what a bone head

#173 18 days ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Yeah I'm not bitter about Dubas letting Kadri and Leivo go....what a bone head

Leivo is doing alright here w the Canucks..11 points in 23 games..some nights he stands out, at times he does his Louie Erickson n disappears. The talent is there, and he’s a decent skater..

#174 18 days ago

I was going to ask you for opinion. ...he's really good along the boards.thought he'd have more goals by now

#175 18 days ago

Looking at my backyardright now and a big tree (josh grew up next door and very close friends with my son same age..same schools ..same friends ...that tree they said they would climb when I needed their help!!! Lol

15744598997671873155827 (resized).jpg
#176 18 days ago

I like Leivo..he’s a big body, and knows how to play. Coach Green has been making adjustments w injuries n all, but he mostly plays w Horvat. The line is streaky, but still hard checking/battling for the puck. The effort is there most nights..goals/points will come for that line..

#177 17 days ago

Eddie Shack was here at my local Sports Bar Tonight selling his book $40. "Hockey's Most Interesting Stories". I love Don Cherry & asked if I could get a special dedication on the opposite page of his autograph. His female assistant does the signing work, & asked him it was ok. Great guy to talk with & he said he enjoyed the local Mooseheads hockey game. A book I will enjoy the rest of my life with the personal Don Cherry commentary I asked for! Don Cherry is the best __________ on the boards!

#178 16 days ago

I would appreciate it if Don cherry would contribute to the hockey news. another call to the publisher!

#179 16 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I like Leivo..he’s a big body, and knows how to play. Coach Green has been making adjustments w injuries n all, but he mostly plays w Horvat. The line is streaky, but still hard checking/battling for the puck. The effort is there most nights..goals/points will come for that line..

Moved off 5 on 3 powerplay..come on Josh!

#180 14 days ago

What a scandal breaking in the NHL...abuse , hazing ..who's the next coach of Calgary??
Babcock apparently is not "comfortable " in his own skin like his past tv commercial suggests

#181 13 days ago

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

#182 13 days ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Waiting for Pens game tonight home early from work

Me too..go Canucks!

#183 13 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Me too..go Canucks!

Ha yeah right those nunchucks no chance

#184 13 days ago

Nunchucks?! 1st time I heard that 1..

#185 13 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I actually call them canuckas to my neighbor next store who is a Leafs fan

#186 13 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

#MeToo

#187 12 days ago

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

#188 12 days ago

Dammit I was going to make a joke to warm up the chili but I didn't, so no glory for me.

#189 12 days ago

Sheldon Keefe was the perfect elixir to get the Leafs back on track to make the playoffs. When I played, even missing a practice I would feel it in my legs the next game. Andersen should play until he says no. Games off or time off is not necessarily a good thing

#190 11 days ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Nice comeback from the Pens..or was it more of a collapse from the Canucks?! Either way, entertaining game..lil throwback from the ‘80’s...

Yes indeed did not see that coming at all either way

#191 11 days ago

Kudos to Keefe for giving Hutchinson a chance, but he kinda blew it.

#192 10 days ago

Nisky's post game interview was hilarious
nisky (resized).png
"Its not as bad as it looks!"

#193 10 days ago

Bruins dominate

#194 10 days ago

Go Blue Jackets!

I dont know shit about hockey because I just started getting into it but I am having a blast watching it now, doesnt even matter what teams are playing, it's always fun. I'm just going to root for the Blue Jackets since they are my home team. They seem to be fairly decent.

#195 10 days ago

My favorite to win the cup since start of the season and yes coming from a Pens Fan but a fan of hockey who watches all playoffs even if team is out.

#196 9 days ago

I know they say some people resemble their pets....but a coach resembling their team logo?? Never seen that before.

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mIZ66Dg7ESa.jpg
#197 9 days ago

I miss the Nordiques and Whalers.

#199 6 days ago

Big night here in Vancouver..Alex Burrows goes to the ring of honour..loved by his fans here, other cities, not as much..1 of the best stories in all of sports really..

D9441284-F7CA-4242-AC0F-484E8E2DFC18 (resized).jpeg
#200 6 days ago

I think the Blue Jackets are tanking.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 74.00
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 75.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 109.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Pro
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 159.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
There are 223 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside