4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.
#1451 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Happy free agency boys..should be an interesting day to see who goes where, and who overpays for whatever player. Jim Benning has some difficult decisions 2day..

Thinking it will be slower than years past with a lot of teams strapped for cap space.

#1452 3 years ago

Kiss the signing bonus away ...Stammer on the block

#1453 3 years ago

quite a bit of goalie movement so far.
Ottawa picked up Matt Murray for 4 years, 25 million.
Dallas resigns Khudobin for 3 years, 10 million.
Vancouver signs Holtby, 2 years, 8.6 million.
Minnesota signs Talbot for 3 years, 11 million.
Washington signs Lundqvist for 1 year, 1.5 million.
Chicago resigns Malcolm Subban for 2 years, 1.7 million.

#1454 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

quite a bit of goalie movement so far.
Ottawa picked up Matt Murray for 4 years, 25 million.
Dallas resigns Khudobin for 3 years, 10 million.
Vancouver signs Holtby, 2 years, 8.6 million.
Minnesota signs Talbot for 3 years, 11 million.
Washington signs Lundqvist for 1 year, 1.5 million.
Chicago resigns Malcolm Subban for 2 years, 1.7 million.

I guess Markstrom is done in VAN? Or are they leaving the rookie in the minors for seasoning and resigning Markstrom as well?

#1455 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Kiss the signing bonus away ...Stammer on the block

Is that confirmed? I know he was deemed to be not untouchable by Brisebois... but I think he's hard to move with his recent injury woes.

#1456 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

I guess Markstrom is done in VAN? Or are they leaving the rookie in the minors for seasoning and resigning Markstrom as well?

I'm guessing they will run with Holtby and Demko now for the next two years, and then Demko will be the starter after that. I don't think they have the cap space to run holtby and Markstrom. Markstrom will get a healthy contract elsewhere, if I had to guess, I'd say Edmonton or Calgary.

#1457 3 years ago

I thought Markstrom went to Calgary

#1458 3 years ago

Is that confirmed? I know he was deemed to be not untouchable by Brisebois... but I think he's hard to move with his recent injury woes.

I agree. Between his injury history and contract, I don't know how easy he will be to trade. If he does get traded, I can't see us getting too many assets for him. I could see Vegas or Montreal trading for him though, trying to make a splash for a #1 center.

#1459 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I just checked, and while its not official yet, it is heavily rumored to be a done deal now. I hadn't seen that before, but looks to be the case

#1460 3 years ago

Simmons to the Leafs 1 year just over a million.

#1461 3 years ago

I agree. Between his injury history and contract, I don't know how easy he will be to trade. If he does get traded, I can't see us getting too many assets for him. I could see Vegas or Montreal trading for him though, trying to make a splash for a #1 center.

According to the pundits, he is on the block

#1462 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Marky lands in cow town w a 6 year/36 mil contract. He’s a helluva goalie, I do wish him well..except when the playoffs start again.

#1463 3 years ago

Nah... Habs are set at Center for the first time in decades. That's why Domi got traded away.

#1464 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Marky lands in cow town w a 6 year/36 mil contract. He’s a helluva goalie, I do wish him well..except when the playoffs start again.

Only contract so far over 3 years

#1465 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Only contract so far over 3 years

A lot of teams are against the cap. I can see contracts given out in the 2-4 year terms. Good signing by the leafs w Simmonds. My team could use some more grit. Word on the street that they’ve talked w Barrie’s agent...but at what cost? We know he brings some pp/offensive skill, but a bit of a liability playing D..next few days will tell us more

#1466 3 years ago

I guess Petro is gone.

#1467 3 years ago

Sens sign Matt Murray to 4 year deal for 6.25 per year . I hope to hell, for the sake of the Sens, thats in CAD!!!

#1468 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I guess Petro is gone.

Krug is a good consolation prize!

#1469 3 years ago

Krug is a good consolation prize!

Yes, cheaper and more physical but smaller

#1470 3 years ago

Hall signs in Buffalo for 1 year. Strange.

#1471 3 years ago

I’m hoping the Pens signs Marc-Andre Fleury to a hometown discount to finish his career as backup/mentor for Jarry...the Pens miss him in the clubhouse.

#1472 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

I’m hoping the Pens signs Marc-Andre Fleury to a hometown discount to finish his career as backup/mentor for Jarry...the Pens miss him in the clubhouse.

Not a free agent. Would need to trade for hi.. currently making 7M... but Vegas willing to retain 50%

#1473 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Hall signs in Buffalo for 1 year. Strange.

Likely the best deal he could get at 1yr. 8 mil ..Feel good for Buffalo fans after all the crap with owners etc, Eichel is one of my favourite players and look forward to watching them play together.

#1474 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

A lot of teams are against the cap. I can see contracts given out in the 2-4 year terms. Good signing by the leafs w Simmonds. My team could use some more grit. Word on the street that they’ve talked w Barrie’s agent...but at what cost? We know he brings some pp/offensive skill, but a bit of a liability playing D..next few days will tell us more

Any local talk about Leivo? I hate to ask him/friends personally and won’t. Can’t find much online.

#1475 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

If he goes somewhere I don’t think he wants to be a back up like Lundquist who went to Caps

#1476 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Any local talk about Leivo? I hate to ask him/friends personally and won’t. Can’t find much online.

His name has been mentioned a few times, but w limited $ to the cap, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d like to see him sign here for a year ‘show me contract’ as he did impress when he played n was healthy

#1477 3 years ago

Thx Hwy
Couldn't agree more ...His long stick along the boards is one of the best in the league imo.

#1478 3 years ago

Couldn't agree more

#1479 3 years ago

I swear Hwy if Josh signs and fans are allowed I'll make a trip to the Couv. We can hook up and meet up with Josh.ill PM my number to you
..give me a shout.

#1480 3 years ago

Jumbo Joe signing in Toronto is immanent.

#1481 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I swear Hwy if Josh signs and fans are allowed I'll make a trip to the Couv. We can hook up and meet up with Josh.ill PM my number to you
..give me a shout.

Great conversation and always have room for new friends like you

#1482 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Jumbo Joe signing in Toronto is immanent.

Bogosian, Simmonds and Thornton... they trying to bring their average age waaaay up?

#1483 3 years ago

I miss the Wayne Train

#1484 3 years ago

Bogosian, Simmonds and Thornton... they trying to bring their average age waaaay up?

Speaking of age .... I asked the question what was Rutherford thinking when he picked up Patrick Marleau but man that question needs to be asked again as why would the Sharks take him back?

#1485 3 years ago

so he can play one game and retire a shark

#1486 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

so he can play one game and retire a shark

Has to be the reason. Then maybe off to the front office!

#1487 3 years ago

Good point Mesz now that you mentioned it.

#1488 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Speaking of age .... I asked the question what was Rutherford thinking when he picked up Patrick Marleau but man that question needs to be asked again as why would the Sharks take him back?

45 games away from tying Gordie Howe for most games played in the NHL??

#1489 3 years ago

45 games away from tying Gordie Howe for most games played in the NHL??

Yeah but from a team perspective do you take up a seat on the bench so a guy can break a record? Plus it's looking more like a 60 game schedule is going to happen since the NHL has now said it's likely the season wont start until February. Bettman is still hopeful they can do an 82 game season but with COVID looking like it's here to stay till, at least, April not sure that's possible.

You have 60 game schedule it makes it takes away 22 games for teams to make the playoffs so to have a guy sitting on the bench to break a record is asinine. BUT hey it makes for great tv drama right?

#1490 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah but from a team perspective do you take up a seat on the bench so a guy can break a record? Plus it's looking more like a 60 game schedule is going to happen since the NHL has now said it's likely the season wont start until February. Bettman is still hopeful they can do an 82 game season but with COVID looking like it's here to stay till, at least, April not sure that's possible.
You have 60 game schedule it makes it takes away 22 games for teams to make the playoffs so to have a guy sitting on the bench to break a record is asinine. BUT hey it makes for great tv drama right?

Sharks are in rebuild anyways though.

#1491 3 years ago

You boys hearing bout a potential Canadian division for next year? Since the border is closed, it kinda makes sense...thoughts?

#1492 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

You boys hearing bout a potential Canadian division for next year? Since the border is closed, it kinda makes sense...thoughts?

As someone South of the border ..... I would love it! It may just be me but I find the Canadian teams play a more wide open hockey and it leads to faster game play. If this happens I would find myself watching all the games in Canada over the teams in the States.....except Pittsburgh (who has been boring to watch lately).

#1493 3 years ago

It’s official Jumbo signs 1 year with the Leafs

#1494 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

It’s official Jumbo signs 1 year with the Leafs

I think you'll understand if us Penguins fans dont thank the Leafs for Ceci!!

#1495 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

I think you'll understand if us Penguins fans dont thank the Leafs for Ceci!!

You guys traded Johnson for Ceci + Johnson buy out cap space...

That's like getting punched in the face AND kicked in the groin simultaneously.

#1496 3 years ago

You guys traded Johnson for Ceci + Johnson buy out cap space...
That's like getting punched in the face AND kicked in the groin simultaneously.

So true .... I blame the Penguins medical staff as they should've recognized Rutherford's senile state

#1497 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

So true .... I blame the Penguins medical staff as they should've recognized Rutherford's senile state

lol

#1498 3 years ago

Good news! 2 -3 months before season starts !

#1499 3 years ago

60 game schedule ? Canadian division? Let do it! Want me more Couv n leafs

#1500 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

60 game schedule ? Canadian division? Let do it! Want me more Couv n leafs

And more shots of Mathews mom..she’s kinda hot..

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.