4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.
#1401 3 years ago

All is needed now is for Jordan Staal to be traded to complete the hat trick

#1402 3 years ago

Come on Dallas enuff with the asinine penalties! 1 SOG and 2 penalties 13 min into the game. Need a game 7!

#1403 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Need a game 7!

Agreed!

#1404 3 years ago
4E91D4A2-7D2E-40D4-91A0-48D90D1EDC76.jpeg4E91D4A2-7D2E-40D4-91A0-48D90D1EDC76.jpeg
#1405 3 years ago

Looks like Pat Maroon is getting back to back Stanley Cup's.

#1406 3 years ago

Welcome

#1407 3 years ago

Congrats to Tampa Bay and the NHL. With the situation I give the NHL credit for putting on a entertaining Cup!

#1408 3 years ago

Tampa earned that. Class of the league.

That was fun. Good job by the NHL.

#1409 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Tampa earned that. Class of the league.
That was fun. Good job by the NHL.

2 months till the start of the season!

#1410 3 years ago

Man, I don’t know that we will have anybody healthy by then. I’m really afraid that Stephen Johns took another concussion against Calgary, which will likely end his career. Pretty sure Faksa has a broken hand, and word is that Bishop has a pretty gnarly back thing going on. Who knows what Hintz has going on.

I really hope Bowness takes this opportunity to ride off into the sunset and we can go after Gallant. Gotta get the young guys more involved and speed this thing up.

#1411 3 years ago

20C6E5F2-C2BE-4C54-A1BC-21B9D5911E89 (resized).jpeg20C6E5F2-C2BE-4C54-A1BC-21B9D5911E89 (resized).jpeg

Woohoo!

I gotta give props to Dallas though. They played hard right till the end, despite the injuries and everything else. I’m glad we had such a great team to share the finals with.

#1412 3 years ago

Good showing Stars. It hurts to lose, but I can't be disappointed with the heart they showed to make it this far.

#1413 3 years ago

Congrats to the bolts on winning the cup, and to the Stars on a solid year. Wish that fans were there to boo ‘ the Count’ bettman. Looking forward to the draft, and the upcoming free agency..

#1414 3 years ago

grats to tampa! Nice to have Stamkos on pinside with us..

Can I go back to chanting for the leafs now?

#1415 3 years ago

So who wins bragging rights, and predicted that the bolts win the cup?

#1416 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

So who wins bragging rights, and predicted that the bolts win the cup?

I called it at the start of the playoffs, but I also called them winning it last year, so mine is more out of blind loyalty as opposed to deep analytic studying or anything like that hahaha.
I didn't post it on here though at the start of the playoffs, as I mostly talk hockey in my fantasy hockey league chat. So I can't really claim the bragging rights here

#1417 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I called it at the start of the playoffs, but I also called them winning it last year, so mine is more out of blind loyalty as opposed to deep analytic studying or anything like that hahaha.
I didn't post it on here though at the start of the playoffs, as I mostly talk hockey in my fantasy hockey league chat. So I can't really claim the bragging rights here

I called it once the leafs were out.

#1418 3 years ago

I called it the start of the semi-finals as I felt no matter what team from the West won they weren't strong enough to beat the East.

Being that I was so late in calling it is all the more reason all of you shouldn't listen to anything I have to say about hockey!

#1419 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I called it once the leafs were out.

Why did the Leafs even factor in, in the first place?
Not championship material.

#1420 3 years ago

I won the pinside hockey pool championship again. Like mentioned, beer store gift card will be fine.

#1421 3 years ago

Luch has deep pockets ...pony up

#1422 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I won the pinside hockey pool championship again. Like mentioned, beer store gift card will be fine.

What is your drink of choice

#1423 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I think I gotta be close..predicted bolts in 6 w 30 something goals..can I at least get a participation ribbon?! N leafs still suck!

#1424 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Luch has deep pockets ...pony up

what ! what did I miss ?

#1425 3 years ago
Quoted from luch:

what ! what did I miss ?

You owe me a bunch of coin.

Don't bother checking

Trust me.

#1426 3 years ago

loonies and toonies !

#1427 3 years ago

Boring last game but Bolts won it, still think there Martin St. Louis cup run in 2004 was far better. I had them picked to win in 04 from the beginning of playoffs and even bet them. Did Dallas forget how to play and shoot in game 6 this year?

#1428 3 years ago

The Wild have traded Dubnyk to the Sharks. Dubnyk and a 7th round draft pick to San Jose for a 5th round draft pick. Minnesota also retains 50% of Dubnyk's salary. Seems like a pretty big win for San Jose. Yes Dubnyk was pretty bad last year and Stalock is the future there, but before the last year or two, Dubnyk was a pretty consistently good goalie.

On a separate deal, San Jose also got Ryan Donato from Minnesota for a third round pick.

Also, Jack Johnson was bought out by the Penguins today.

And the Flyers Niskanen retired.

#1429 3 years ago

The Wild have traded Dubnyk to the Sharks. Dubnyk and a 7th round draft pick to San Jose for a 5th round draft pick. Minnesota also retains 50% of Dubnyk's salary. Seems like a pretty big win for San Jose. Yes Dubnyk was pretty bad last year and Stalock is the future there, but before the last year or two, Dubnyk was a pretty consistently good goalie.
On a separate deal, San Jose also got Ryan Donato from Minnesota for a third round pick.
Also, Jack Johnson was bought out by the Penguins today.
And the Flyers Niskanen retired.

Not sure Stalock is the future though... that may be the issue. He could be a good platoon goalie, taking some heat off the starter.
Dubnyk will likely be better if he gets more action.
Donato was a good pick up for a 3rd though!

Niskanen retiring just shy of 1000 games. Wonder why he's retiring so young. Only 33. Giving up over $5M in salary!

Jack Johnson buy out is no surprise though.

#1430 3 years ago

Leafs couldn't find a deal for Josh Anderson??
Goes to Habs

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Leafs couldn't find a deal for Josh Anderson??
Goes to Habs

Habs overpaid for him, so leaf fans should be glad they didn’t trade that much away for him

#1432 3 years ago

I’m gonna lose my shit if Benning signs Oliver ekmann Larsen..he’s not a #1 D men, his contract/term is fn rediculous..and Toffoli might hit free agency?! Wtf man...

#1433 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m gonna lose my shit if Benning signs Oliver ekmann Larsen..he’s not a #1 D men, his contract/term is fn rediculous..and Toffoli might hit free agency?! Wtf man...

I heard that toffoli is going to free agency. Apparently both he and the canucks wanted him to re-sign there, but they can’t set aside enough cap space For him.
And yeah oel is either going to Vancouver or Boston apparently, and by Friday at the latest

#1434 3 years ago

Habs overpaid for him, so leaf fans should be glad they didn’t trade that much away for him

Wanna see overpaid ..... look at what the Penguins got stuck with for Jack Johnson! Amazing, Rutherford said "He’s a solid, third-pairing defenseman if he’s playing with the right guy. He’s a player that I happen to really like and I think he’s a better player than a lot of people want to give him credit for.”

With that said the Penguins will now be paying ....
2020-21: $1.67M
2021-22: $1.67M
2022-23: $1.9M
2023-24: $917k
2024-25: $917k
2025-26: $917k

Unless there's another Jim Rutherford (sucker) out there that will pick him up.

What I give Johnson credit for is he stems to make 1,331.833.33 the next 6 years for doing absolutely nothing because some GM thinks he's a "solid, third pairing defensemen". Who pays $16.25 million dollars over 3 years for a "solid third pairing" only if he plays with "the right guy"????

Hell pair me up with Bobby Orr and I can be a "solid third pairing"!

OK I feel better now!

#1435 3 years ago

Overpaid?

Domi was great his first year... a ghost this season. He fell down the depth chart to 4th line Center. Can't keep him around... too many good centers in the system ahead of him.
Loved him but Anderson is a great pick up... and from my city!

#1436 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Can't sign him. He's not a free agent.

He's a absolute #1 D.

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Can't sign him. He's not a free agent.
He's a absolute #1 D.

I meant trade for him. And, he’s not a top d men anymore, especially w that long ludicrous contract.

#1438 3 years ago

Lol @ Ryan Whitney

Screenshot_20201006-211543.pngScreenshot_20201006-211543.png
#1439 3 years ago

May as well start now...Does Matthews re sign when his contract expires. I say Yes.

#1440 3 years ago

Ottawa and Leafs battle will be good now. CONGRATS SENS! ..little brother.

#1441 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:I meant trade for him. And, he’s not a top d men anymore, especially w that long ludicrous contract.

Sorry Canuck totally agree.

#1442 3 years ago

Ottawa and Pens make a deal
Matt Murray for 2nd rounder and Jonathan Gruden

#1443 3 years ago

Nashville traded Bonino to the wild, and are buying out Turris.

#1444 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Hits keep comin!

#1445 3 years ago

Nashville traded Bonino to the wild, and are buying out Turris.

Wonder if Turris signs cheap elsewhere... he hasn't done much through his career to garner the type of contract he got, imho.

#1446 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I meant trade for him. And, he’s not a top d men anymore, especially w that long ludicrous contract.

Disagree with ya.

Will be interesting to see what he could do on a team where he is not the sole entity on the backend.

#1447 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Wonder if Turris signs cheap elsewhere... he hasn't done much through his career to garner the type of contract he got, imho.

I agree. I think he wasn't worth his last contract, but I'm sure some team would be happy to take him on a 1 year, 1 million type of "show us" contract. Similar to the one Shattenkirk signed with Tampa after the Rangers bought him out (his was 1 year, 1.75 mill, but same idea).
I feel Turris is still a decent center if the price/contract is right

#1448 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

We knew he was on his way out but at least we got something right?

#1449 3 years ago

Happy free agency boys..should be an interesting day to see who goes where, and who overpays for whatever player. Jim Benning has some difficult decisions 2day..

#1450 3 years ago

The Jets get the 2nd line center they've been looking for lately by trading for Paul Stastny from Vegas.

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/29 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.