4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg
There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.
#1351 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

How does Quinn Hughes not win the Calder vs a banged up Makar? ??...head scratching

Bit if a toss up. Sure, Makar had a better team/players, which would help inflate points. Hughes to me though, drastically changed n helped the couve. Both exceptional players..congrats to Makar, shit, both players on stellar seasons..

#1352 3 years ago

So Stamkos is back.....
Aw yeah!

#1353 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

So Stamkos is back.....
Aw yeah!

Back out but is now sitting back on the bench.

#1354 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Back out but is now sitting back on the bench.

B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpegB0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg

#1355 3 years ago

Not trying to stir stuff up but this is more of what I expected, TB out playing and scoring Dallas.

Whilst I’m a fan of Radulov, there’s something to be said when your only impact more then halfway through the game is 2 asinine penalties!

Stars on PP .... need a goal or “it’s over Johnny”!

#1356 3 years ago

Stamkos isn’t playing much now at all, but maybe with them being up 4-1 now they’re resting him as a precaution

#1357 3 years ago

5 - 1 now. Stamkos is gonna be sitting this one out.

#1358 3 years ago

Stamkos has been sitting since the end of the first. He didn’t come out for the start of the second period. About 5 minutes into the 2nd he came out n sat on the bench and hasn’t moved since (well of course other then to go into the locker room in between periods).

Dallas raised the white flag by sending in the backup goalie to give Khudobin some rest.

#1359 3 years ago

Man, not a good spot to play Dallas Stars Fart & Falldown Hockey. Now the back to back and our burial. Good night, nurse.

#1360 3 years ago

I thought Dallas outplayed Tampa in the first, yet were still losing. That’s the hockey gods for ya. Still at least two more games no matter what, so they may as well play them.

#1361 3 years ago

Happy to get the win tonight, but I’m definitely not counting Dallas out yet. Monday was very much a back and forth game, and I felt tonight showed signs of that too at times, regardless of the end score. Khudobin can bounce back from an off night. What a run that guy has had to get here. If Dallas can control their penalty taking, they’ll be right back in this.
In also happy to see that both teams are getting production from their young players. Both teams should be interesting to watch over the next few years.

#1362 3 years ago

Almost a must win for the stars next game. Don’t wanna be down 3-1, and win 3 straight..ain’t happening vs the bolts. Can’t wait for free agency, gonna be a lot of players moving to different teams. My gm Jim Benning has a lot of tough decisions to make w cap issues..anybody looking for a goalie?!

#1363 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Almost a must win for the stars next game. Don’t wanna be down 3-1, and win 3 straight..ain’t happening vs the bolts. Can’t wait for free agency, gonna be a lot of players moving to different teams. My gm Jim Benning has a lot of tough decisions to make w cap issues..anybody looking for a goalie?!

I’ve really liked a lot of the moves Benning has done for the Canucks over the last couple years. Especially trading for JT Miller. I know Tampa had to clear up cap space, and they got a first round draft pick for him, but he’s such a great player who contributes to so many areas. I was sad to see him go.
I think Markstrom will get a lot of interest, but with him a ufa in a few months, I don’t know how much teams will pay to talk to him early. Is the general consensus in Vancouver that Demko is your starter next year?

#1364 3 years ago

You guys are lucky as I haven’t liked any moves Rutherford has made in past two years, well Marino is it.

#1365 3 years ago

I’ve really liked a lot of the moves Benning has done for the Canucks over the last couple years. Especially trading for JT Miller. I know Tampa had to clear up cap space, and they got a first round draft pick for him, but he’s such a great player who contributes to so many areas. I was sad to see him go.
I think Markstrom will get a lot of interest, but with him a ufa in a few months, I don’t know how much teams will pay to talk to him early. Is the general consensus in Vancouver that Demko is your starter next year?

The local radio hacks here talk n bring up all scenarios w Marky, what kind of $/term he n his agent might be looking for. It’s all speculation right now, w Tanev, Toffoli looking forward contracts too. Obviously, got to have $ to sign Pettersson & Hughes soon to big contracts, rumours about Boeser. Can’t leave Demko exposed..what to do w Virtanen. So many questions, guess we’ll find out in 2 weeks or so..

#1366 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

You guys are lucky as I haven’t liked any moves Rutherford has made in past two years, well Marino is it.

Has the Hornqvist for Matheson trade officially gone through yet? If I was a Penguins fan I'd be really hoping that one falls apart. But maybe I'm miss seeing something on that deal

#1367 3 years ago

Has the Hornqvist for Matheson trade officially gone through yet? If I was a Penguins fan I'd be really hoping that one falls apart. But maybe I'm miss seeing something on that deal

The rumour, as of late last night, is that hey can't get hold him to see if he will waive his no trade clause.

#1368 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The rumour, as of late last night, is that hey can't get hold him to see if he will waive his no trade clause.

D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpegD8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
#1369 3 years ago

Trade is likely off .... https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/patric-hornqvist-pittsburgh-penguins-trade-off-multiple-confirmation/

#1370 3 years ago

I think it has officially gone through now. What a weird rollercoaster of a trade this one was

#1371 3 years ago

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/lightning/2020/09/24/lightning-fans-screams-prompt-visit-from-police/

It's a good thing my neighbors can't hear what comes out of my mouth when I'm playing Walking Dead, there would be a SWAT team busting in.

#1372 3 years ago

I think it has officially gone through now. What a weird rollercoaster of a trade this one was

So Matheson 6 years younger then Hornqvist and Pens save almost half million per year on Cap.....but Hornqvist contract up in 23 whereas Matheson just signed 8 year deal in 2017.

As for Colton Sceviour, he will be nothing more then part of a trivia question in 2 years ...... who was the guy that was part of the Hornqvist/Matheson trade?

#1373 3 years ago

Looks like Stamkos is out again. He was deemed unfit to play, but may be back later in the series.

#1374 3 years ago

Pinside hockey pool championship finals .
I know I'm still in.
I would like a beer store gift certificate please if crowned champion Again.
Cheers !

#1375 3 years ago

Looks like Stamkos is out again. He was deemed unfit to play, but may be back later in the series.

At the very least if they win he contributed on the ice in the one game he played.

#1376 3 years ago

Let's go Dallas!! Win this in OT to tie the series!!

#1377 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Let's go Dallas!! Win this in OT to tie the series!!

C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpegC91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg

#1378 3 years ago

Granted Benn did not kick the feet out but he was drapped over the guy and also had his one hand holding the stick. Wrong penalty called but still a penalty nonetheless.

and Tampa wins.

Love Olczyk yelling “it’s not a penalty, it’s a hockey play”! No wonder he was fired and then couldn’t find a coaching job.

#1379 3 years ago

Fuck the refs.

#1380 3 years ago

You don’t make that call in OT of game 4 of the SCF. You don’t. This whole series has felt pretty one sided on the calls. Hate to be that guy, but fuck the NHL. Not our fault Minnesota wouldn’t make the North Stars viable 30 years ago.

#1381 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You don’t make that call in OT of game 4 of the SCF. You don’t. This whole series has felt pretty one sided on the calls. Hate to be that guy, but fuck the NHL. Not our fault Minnesota wouldn’t make the North Stars viable 30 years ago.

download.jpgdownload.jpg
#1382 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

You don’t make that call in OT

So that call is okay if it was game 1 or don’t you make that call at all in the SC? Trying to understand when a guy has one arm draped over a guys shoulder pulling back and the other arm (hand) is holding the stick should be called?

Don’t be mad at the refs Stars blew a 2 goal lead and blew the game.

#1383 3 years ago

Don’t give me that shit. You don’t blow a whistle in OT in the Cup Finals unless someone is bleeding. Put dresses on them, otherwise.

#1384 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

However every time we traded away someone they have done worse and not worth it in the long run, always liked Horny Toad though and know nothing on who we got but knew changes coming

#1385 3 years ago

Right is this a call that should be made or not in OT, like when they let them play and sad to see end that way, what does Mike Mulberry think as usually more strict on analyzing but we know removed himself from TV.

#1386 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

However every time we traded away someone they have done worse and not worth it in the long run, always liked Horny Toad though and know nothing on who we got but knew changes coming

Well if you’re playing with two of the top players in the NHL and go to another team you’re probably not going to have the numbers you use to have.

Few guys pens traded that come to mind...
Bonino is still going strong.
Oleksiak has more goals in the playoffs this year then the Penguins top 3 scorers.

But not necessarily disagreeing on who they trade away but more what they get in return. Look at just past two years, all but two players are even making a positive impact. Vast majority of players you don’t even know who they are nonetheless even playing.

#1387 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Well if you’re playing with two of the top players in the NHL and go to another team you’re probably not going to have the numbers you use to have.
Bonino is still going strong.
Oleksiak has more goals in the playoffs this year then the Penguins top 3 scorers.

Yes I know but just saying not agreeing with who we always get in return and every player we trade away it’s just seems that way. I loved all the players we had Kovalev, Kasparaitis, stall, Kessel, etc.

#1388 3 years ago

Yes I know but just saying not agreeing with who we always get in return and every player we trade away it’s just seems that way. I loved all the players we had Kovalev, Kasparaitis, stall, Kessel, etc.

Never agreed with that bum forget his name we got from Leafs few years ago who then we got rid of and the other guy who I forgot that played on the Knights and then traded to Blues.

#1389 3 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Don’t give me that shit. You don’t blow a whistle in OT in the Cup Finals unless someone is bleeding. Put dresses on them, otherwise.

Wasnt Dallas on a power play just few minutes before? Why did they call that one?

#1390 3 years ago

It's not over until it's over, but having to win 3 straight just seems like an impossible task at this point. It hurts to go down 3-1.

#1391 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It's not over until it's over, but having to win 3 straight just seems like an impossible task at this point. It hurts to go down 3-1.

Agree, (flashing back to when the “Germans bombed Pearl Harbor” Animal House). It’s not like TB is outplaying Dallas. Dallas just not playing full 60 minutes not to mention taking some asinine penalties.

#1392 3 years ago

It's over. Just hope It goes 6 as predicted. Let's be real Tampa has been the class of the league all year.

#1393 3 years ago

Wild contract /player movement on the horizon. This will be an interesting summer with contracts all over the place shedding.

#1394 3 years ago

Never agreed with that bum forget his name we got from Leafs few years ago who then we got rid of and the other guy who I forgot that played on the Knights and then traded to Blues.

Good ol’ what’s his name!

#1395 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Good ol’ what’s his name!

Guess I will have to look it up later

#1396 3 years ago

Good game by Dallas.

#1397 3 years ago

2 to go.

4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
#1398 3 years ago

Well played game by both teams. I really would’ve preferred any player other than Corey Perry to win it though lol

#1400 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Wild contract /player movement on the horizon. This will be an interesting summer with contracts all over the place shedding.

"Summer" ... in the fall.

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.