4369725F-B915-4622-8DD7-15F2D39C3699 (resized).jpeg
download.jpg
C91E4A43-A240-4925-9D7D-8548126406F6 (resized).jpeg
D8F9FE73-8637-419A-BCB8-E9E570C3A398 (resized).jpeg
B0754A6C-FDE2-4641-822C-20E71AB018D0 (resized).jpeg
3E54E91B-46D6-41DF-97F9-FAAFCDCD2DC3.gif
dontlikethat.gif
B9484C2D-E577-4968-84B6-B4A70C7AD3DE (resized).jpeg

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.
#1251 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Leafs take the cup within the next 5000 games.
Can't say if it will be sooner than that, but definitely within the next 5000.
Someone bet me.

Still in on leafs within 4993 games.

#1252 3 years ago

Dallas wins 5-2 tonite and take a 3-1 lead.

Put that in the bank!!

#1253 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Dallas wins 5-2 tonite and take a 3-1 lead.
Put that in the bank!!

Not quite on score.
However.
5 to go.

#1254 3 years ago

5 to go.

#1255 3 years ago

Gotta say... shocked the Stars are handling the Knights so easily.

#1256 3 years ago
Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Stars have been outplayed for large portions of the last three games. They are getting timely goals and timely goaltending. As a fan, nothing has seemed too easy but I'd love that for Game 5.

#1257 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Stars have been outplayed for large portions of the last three games. They are getting timely goals and timely goaltending. As a fan, nothing has seemed too easy but I'd love that for Game 5.

As long as the Isles don't rebound... I'm good with Tampa vs. whoever. Isles are too damn boring.

Will say I was pulling for Vegas, though.

#1258 3 years ago

Stars are through. 4 to go.

#1259 3 years ago

4 to go.

#1260 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Not quite on score.
However.
5 to go.

Quoted from Canuck_pinhead:

Quoted from newovad:

Quoted from newovad:

Stars are through. 4 to go.

The Stars are clearly better than what most anyone thought. They are scrappy, very defensive-minded, and play well as a "team."
I can't wait for the championship series to start!

#1261 3 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’ll say it again. Fuck you Dallas!! Vegas is gonna kick your ass anyway.

Oh....really?

#1262 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The Stars are clearly better than what most anyone thought. They are scrappy, very defensive-minded, and play well as a "team."
I can't wait for the championship series to start!

I worked a long day, listened to the OT on the radio. Even honked my horn when Dallas eliminated the knights..bye bye Marchessault, u lil bitch. I did pick the stars to advance in 6 thou..

#1263 3 years ago

I notice Reaves wasn’t talking much when the lead evaporated, and that hyena yelp from Marchawhatever disappeared, too.

That’s a sweet feeling taking that team down with the swiftness. No love lost for that crew.

#1264 3 years ago

Nice one! I’ll eat my words. I really thought the Knights were gonna go all the way, so congrats to the Stars.

#1265 3 years ago

Calling it now. Pat Maroon with another game 7 dagger, but in the finals this time.

#1266 3 years ago

The only trophy in history that never gets touched, lol

#1267 3 years ago

Chirping with the Vegas Golden Knight.

#1268 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The only trophy in history that never gets touched, lol

Never affected these guys....

1631778E-C6E1-4CAF-BC56-07AE6C164439 (resized).jpeg1631778E-C6E1-4CAF-BC56-07AE6C164439 (resized).jpeg
#1269 3 years ago
steve (resized).jpgsteve (resized).jpg
#1271 3 years ago

Ok ok...usually doesn't get touched.

#1272 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Penguins didn't touch the Conference trophy in 08 and lost the Cup so in 09 they did touch it as they felt it would change their luck that year!

#1273 3 years ago

Stevie Y looked pretty young here. He was a dominant player back in the day..

#1274 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Stevie Y looked pretty young here. He was a dominant player back in the day..

A real class act too.

I'm trying to sell his rookie card on kijiji right now
IMG_20200915_1917326.jpgIMG_20200915_1917326.jpg

#1275 3 years ago

Somebody in Edmonton run over and tell the Islanders this is an elimination game! They look so disinterested in playing!

#1276 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Somebody in Edmonton run over and tell the Islanders this is an elimination game! They look so disinterested in playing!

#1277 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That would be a long run to Toronto

All the games are in Edmonton since the beginning of the western/eastern conference finals.

#1278 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

A real class act too.
I'm trying to sell his rookie card on kijiji right now
[quoted image]

I once ran into ‘Burnaby Joe’ Sakic at, of all places, at a McDonald’s 15 + years ago. I was thinking that I gotta say hi..we ended up talking for maybe 10+ minutes..I brought up that I once worked w a nephew of his at a Sizzler that said nothing but cool things about him. I later found out that his nephew passed away, and said to Joe that I was sorry to hear. I thanked him for his time, and wished him continuous success..a real down to earth well spoken guy..

#1279 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Just turned it on as Islanders took to the power play....you ain’t kidding they look disinterested. Full 2 minutes in their own end and the neutral zone.

#1280 3 years ago

I'll take the rest. We need to heal up.

#1281 3 years ago

Man, Tampa Bay is just so flat any game without Brayden Point. If his nagging injury is serious, we're going to be in trouble. Having Stamkos out is bad enough, but losing Point too would leave us quite thin down the middle (we have decent center depth, but you can't replace guys like Point and Stamkos). Here's hoping yesterday was more a precautionary rest for him, as they felt it was safe to do so being up 3-1 (now 3-2).

#1282 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I once ran into ‘Burnaby Joe’ Sakic at, of all places, at a McDonald’s 15 + years ago. I was thinking that I gotta say hi..we ended up talking for maybe 10+ minutes..I brought up that I once worked w a nephew of his at a Sizzler that said nothing but cool things about him. I later found out that his nephew passed away, and said to Joe that I was sorry to hear. I thanked him for his time, and wished him continuous success..a real down to earth well spoken guy..

Sakic and Yzerman just oozed class and respect. Two players I am very fond of.

#1283 3 years ago

Man, Tampa Bay is just so flat any game without Brayden Point. If his nagging injury is serious, we're going to be in trouble.
WE? Didn't know you were a Tampa fan

#1284 3 years ago

TAMPA PLAYER OR OFFICE PERSON!!
I Called it!

#1285 3 years ago

I've been a Lighting fan since 2001 (man I didn't realize it was 19 years already). I remember really getting into hockey the same year I picked up this gem for the ps1:

nhl (resized).jpgnhl (resized).jpg

When I was growing up, the Jets had already left Manitoba, so I didn't have a home team to cheer for. So I went with Tampa Bay. Can't even really remember why. I'm pretty sure its because they sucked back then and I could blame me losing hockey games on the ps1 to my brother due to the fact my team was rated so poorly lol. Then I just came to know the team and have stuck with them ever since.
Since the Jets have come back, I have been following and rooting for them as well, but I've been a Lightning fan for most of my life and I won't be changing that anytime soon. I stuck with them through some bad years, so it's nice to see them doing well with a strong young team now.

#1286 3 years ago

I have always liked the Lightning. They came into the league the year that we learned Minnesota was moving here - which was like my 8th or 9th grade year. I had liked the Blackhawks before that, and liked the Lightning unis and latched onto them as a fellow southern US NHL team, and they have always been my Eastern conference team. But it's time for that to end, now. I've been explaining to my 10 year old son and my nephew for a few days now that they are about to start hating the Lightning when the Cup Finals start - a point that they just don't understand until we get into the series and they see how this goes when your favorite team plays anyone else for the Cup.

#1287 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

TAMPA PLAYER OR OFFICE PERSON!!
I Called it!

What happened?

#1288 3 years ago

64 bits a long time contributor to the hockey forum suddenly claims a Tampa allegiance..got me thinking , From Manitoba ,
Must be a Tampa player burner acct.

#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

64 bits a long time contributor to the hockey forum suddenly claims a Tampa allegiance..got me thinking , From Manitoba ,

Oh c'mon now bacon! Lol

You've been smoking too much ganja on your secluded, in-law free Island

#1290 3 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

tampa (resized).jpgtampa (resized).jpg

#1291 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Penguins didn't touch the Conference trophy in 08 and lost the Cup so in 09 they did touch it as they felt it would change their luck that year!

True true I remember that, we should have won in 08 as did not shoot enough on No good Osgood

#1292 3 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Never touched by a Canadian team you mean too,ahaha

#1293 3 years ago

Dallas and Tampa playing for the cup. That just sounds weird.

#1294 3 years ago

Varly was unreal tonight. But Cirelli got it done and we’re going on to the finals against Dallas. I’m pumped!

#1295 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

Varly was unreal tonight. But Cirelli got it done and we’re going on to the finals against Dallas. I’m pumped!

Tampa bot!! lol

#1296 3 years ago

I figured out why stamkos hasn’t been helping in the playoffs. He’s too busy playing robocop with hulk hogan.

8F64B384-7EE1-4F7B-8CE5-F152000F1F42 (resized).jpeg8F64B384-7EE1-4F7B-8CE5-F152000F1F42 (resized).jpeg

Also, if this doesn’t help cover my tracks of actually being Steven stamkos, I don’t know what will.
Did I mention I’m not Steven Stamkos? I heard he’s pretty rad though.....

#1297 3 years ago
Quoted from sixtyfourbits:

I figured out why stamkos hasn’t been helping in the playoffs. He’s too busy playing robocop with hulk hogan.
[quoted image]
Also, if this doesn’t help cover my tracks of actually being Steven stamkos, I don’t know what will.
Did I mention I’m not Steven Stamkos? I heard he’s pretty rad though.....

Only Stammer could afford two primo machines.

...not to mention we all know how vain he is and likely has cut outs of himself all over his house.

#1298 3 years ago

Agreed. 64 bits is Stammer

#1299 3 years ago

Tampa n Dallas .... TV Ratings for this series will be lower then rerun of last years curling championship.

#1300 3 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Tampa n Dallas .... TV Ratings for this series will be lower then rerun of last years curling championship.

Gives another chance to watch Rachel Homan!

There are 1,571 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2020-nhl-hockey-thread/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.